Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Who's ready for some hot takes?

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1074532599387828224

https://twitter.com/Boogie2988/status/1074734874001637377

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Boogie can feel free to drown in every poo poo I take for the rest of my days.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
So, what is his excuse for acting like an rear end in a top hat online?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rapidly Going Deaf › Internet Personality + Review Thread 4.0: 0 Days Since The Last Boogie Bomb

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

lmfao, nice, nice. I only just took a look at that fuckhead he's replying to the in the second one. Some of the very first tweets on his timeline are straight up pedophilic art and not much further down is retweets from typical chud pricks regurgitating typical chud bullshit. Good to see that booger1488 still believes that even surface level looks at people you reply to is for cowards.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Augus posted:

Rapidly Going Deaf › Internet Personality + Review Thread 4.0: 0 Days Since The Last Boogie Bomb

I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and say I’m getting really loving tired of “Boogie1488 is sure a dipshit, eh folks?” tweet dumps and circle posting. We get it, Boogie is unhealthily obese and has terrible opinions about things. The sun will fly backwards across the sky before either of these things change. That ground is treaded and will no longer bear life, can we maybe focus on something else and refrain for giving this doof any more electrical impulses needed to even form a thought about him?

I’ve already had people PM me saying “please make the Boogie stop”, and I’M NOT EVEN THE MOD OF RGD ANYMORE. Maybe just let it go, please?

Either that or start actually talking about his video output content and pretend to follow the letter of this thread maybe.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Well that second tweet there p much sheds the last of his "but I'm a centrist" defense IMO.

:siren: Latest rule: Boogie is now a stale topic, only bring him up if something actually relevant happens. :siren:

Do feel free to discuss his latest bout, cause whoah boy. After that don't bring his asinine tweets, behaviour, KKK hood or whatever his next step is unless it's actual news or a (good) video.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I feel it's important to point out Boogies comments, as he is part of an increasing trend of alt-right adjacent youtubers who make up the pipeline to the alt-right/neo-nazism but i will respect the rules

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Ash Crimson posted:

I feel it's important to point out Boogies comments, as he is part of an increasing trend of alt-right adjacent youtubers who make up the pipeline to the alt-right/neo-nazism but i will respect the rules
The Alt-Right pipeline is horrible and real, but I (and I know others) feel like Boogie is not even like how to put it "good" about it? He's just a dude melting down over nothing constantly.
As with any rule, it's a democracy since I'm not a mod. If y'all really wanna keep talking about it do let me know

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Zedd posted:

The Alt-Right pipeline is horrible and real, but I (and I know others) feel like Boogie is not even like how to put it "good" about it? He's just a dude melting down over nothing constantly.
As with any rule, it's a democracy since I'm not a mod. If y'all really wanna keep talking about it do let me know

Fair enough, now have you heard about Pewdiepie? He's a real piece of poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nobody has ever needed to log the gently caress off more than boogie.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like I get you're the OP but that don't make you its curator

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I don't know why some 44-year-old loser who never made any real-content kept clogging up this thread, but now he's gone so here's a video about Rockstar's paradoxical game-design:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvJPKOLDSos

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Zedd posted:

Well that second tweet there p much sheds the last of his "but I'm a centrist" defense IMO.

:siren: Latest rule: Boogie is now a stale topic, only bring him up if something actually relevant happens. :siren:

Do feel free to discuss his latest bout, cause whoah boy. After that don't bring his asinine tweets, behaviour, KKK hood or whatever his next step is unless it's actual news or a (good) video.

oh thank god, i am so loving sick of hearing about the gross twitter man

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

AriadneThread posted:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

AriadneThread posted:

Then the thread has nothing to talk about

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ash Crimson posted:

yea in an internet personality thread it's actually fairly important to talk about how a not-minor amount of popular youtubers are, either by ignorance or their own chuddy views, allowing themselves to be what amounts to a recruitment tool for the far-right. You got Pewds constantly doing his poo poo including recommending a video by a 'jewish question' guy where the literal description of the video he picked has a line about him whining that he can't call a character 'niglet', you got poo poo like H3H3 constantly doing 'ARE SJWs ACTUALLY THE BADDIES????' clickbait, and poo poo like Boogie taking the 'mmmm I actually think everyone who cares about things is bad and wrong' stance making it super easy for the nazis to claim him as supporting them.

Like, the fascists are way better at the internet than us, my dudes. They love bomb anyone who doesn't know how vile they are and their super boiled down topics like 'actually I LIKE free speech' are way easier to spread than liberal views on restricting harmful speech. The left has a major issue of being too academic about things while Chudzor88 just finds a youtuber who isn't plugged into this poo poo and goes 'hey FatGamerBro what do you think about the left violently shutting down speech they dislike just for having different opinions????' and when they go 'oh, yea, that sounds bad' they get swarmed by other nazis saying 'aw man you're great, we love you, you're so cool and rational and smart'.

You guys get we don't just talk about that fat shitheap because he's dumb, right? He's just kinda the best representation about an actual major tool that's kinda ensuring that a bunch of literal children are getting hit up by actual white nationalists.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boogie's still a fantastic source of stupidity so don't let his tweets go to waste.

Drop em in here when you feel the urge to share some
Idiots on Social Media

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Zedd posted:

This is a rule, officially.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean this literally happened real time with the Super Best Friends (RIP) when Paige went on an actual neo nazi conspiracy nut's podcast to talk about the completely made up scandal of "THE MEDIA FORCED A HOSPITAL TO REFUSE MONEY MEANT TO SAVE CHILDREN JUST BECAUSE IT CAME FROM A CONSERVATIVE YOUTUBER" and when called on it her response was to double down with 'look we all have opinions what am I supposed to do check the public comments this guy has made about the mass shooting at a synagogue being a false flag or something?' and the whole way getting love bombed by nazis telling her how great she was and how mean those SJWs were.

It's literally how actual major right wing grifter Candace Owens got her start, she's a black woman who was a lib that was making a list of gamergate people who supported harassment to report and Anita went 'yea man good luck on that these freaks are gonna harass you over this', then the proto-nazis started doing just that and basically telling her "ANITA SENT US, THOUGH" and wound up love bombing and trolling her so hard she's now going on Fox News as a loving Turning Point USA spokesperson.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
What other internet personalities can we not discuss in the internet personality thread, just for clarity of course

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Junpei Hyde posted:

This is a rule, officially.

gently caress this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea can we at least get a list of approved internet people to discuss at only a base surface level whenever they make a video then because twitter bad now?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Then the thread has nothing to talk about

well, maybe you have nothing better to do with you life, that's pretty unfortunate!
i've repeatedly tried to comment on other people who actually do videos but the conversation always gets overwhelmed with this thread's obsession over this one nobody guy

anyway, this interview a while back from pop arena is really cool, the documentary show they're talking about was pretty neat to begin with but being able to actually get in touch and interview the creator after all this time is pretty special

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ash Crimson posted:

What other internet personalities can we not discuss in the internet personality thread, just for clarity of course

Whoever annoys the mod at the time, so you will find out after.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

AriadneThread posted:

well, maybe you have nothing better to do with you life, that's pretty unfortunate!
i've repeatedly tried to comment on other people who actually do videos but the conversation always gets overwhelmed with this thread's obsession over this one nobody guy

There is an on-going conversation being held about the influence internet personalities have upon their audience, especially in terms of political leanings, people can find it boring as much as they want but it's intrinsically wrapped up in the dna of this thread and it's foolish to pretend otherwise what's the difference between this thread and a pyf thread?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ash Crimson posted:

There is an on-going conversation being held about the influence internet personalities have upon their audience, especially in terms of political leanings, people can find it boring as much as they want but it's intrinsically wrapped up in the dna of this thread and it's foolish to pretend otherwise.

This thread got really shafted in the genetic lottery

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

Ash Crimson posted:

There is an on-going conversation being held about the influence internet personalities have upon their audience, especially in terms of political leanings, people can find it boring as much as they want but it's intrinsically wrapped up in the dna of this thread and it's foolish to pretend otherwise.

that would be a much more interesting conversation then people doing trip reports on 'hey this specific twitter dude said another dumb thing, let's all be performatively angry about it'

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AriadneThread posted:

anyway, this interview a while back from pop arena is really cool, the documentary show they're talking about was pretty neat to begin with but being able to actually get in touch and interview the creator after all this time is pretty special

I don’t think it gets overwhelmed so much as no one found what you said interesting enough to comment on.

They can’t all be winners. This thread doesn’t have the volume to get overwhelmed

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
*the actual most popular youtuber in the world keeps ~accidentally~ supporting literal white nationalists*

*like half the current crop of right wing """"""intellectuals"""""" are literally youtubers*

guys please don't talk about the actual real world political bullshit these guys do and how it can touch their audience of mainly children we have more important things to discuss like if rich evans actually likes horror movies.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I may have jumped the gun but I was in a lovely mood.

Anyway I think talking about lovely grifts and unwitting pawns and alt-right adjacent people is a good and fitting subject here for the most part. Knowing how entertaint can get corrupted so to say is a good thing to be aware off. But it shouldn't be main the focus of the thread, which boogster tended to become whenever brought up.

The thread just always grinds to a halt because boogie's takes are just so scattershot and don't even have any guided intent behind it, making it 90% pointless to give it the time of day. And that is coming from me sorta having schadenfreude at times about how wildly dumb he is.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 18, 2018

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I get where people like sexpig are coming from here, although in the case of Boogie I'm not sure if there's any more ground to cover - really we're just covering the rounds of the Boogie cycle at this point, we know exactly why he's like this and it's always going to be the same beats. poo poo takes on Twitter is what he will forever do because he's constantly in a pattern of causing a shitstorm followed by trying to get a left-wing pop (/poo poo tweets from the right) followed by self-pity. Is there anywhere else to go?

Plenty more out there to talk about.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

yea in an internet personality thread it's actually fairly important to talk about how a not-minor amount of popular youtubers are, either by ignorance or their own chuddy views, allowing themselves to be what amounts to a recruitment tool for the far-right. You got Pewds constantly doing his poo poo including recommending a video by a 'jewish question' guy where the literal description of the video he picked has a line about him whining that he can't call a character 'niglet', you got poo poo like H3H3 constantly doing 'ARE SJWs ACTUALLY THE BADDIES????' clickbait, and poo poo like Boogie taking the 'mmmm I actually think everyone who cares about things is bad and wrong' stance making it super easy for the nazis to claim him as supporting them.

Like, the fascists are way better at the internet than us, my dudes. They love bomb anyone who doesn't know how vile they are and their super boiled down topics like 'actually I LIKE free speech' are way easier to spread than liberal views on restricting harmful speech. The left has a major issue of being too academic about things while Chudzor88 just finds a youtuber who isn't plugged into this poo poo and goes 'hey FatGamerBro what do you think about the left violently shutting down speech they dislike just for having different opinions????' and when they go 'oh, yea, that sounds bad' they get swarmed by other nazis saying 'aw man you're great, we love you, you're so cool and rational and smart'.

You guys get we don't just talk about that fat shitheap because he's dumb, right? He's just kinda the best representation about an actual major tool that's kinda ensuring that a bunch of literal children are getting hit up by actual white nationalists.

A few years ago I would have agreed with this assessment, but it seems like we might be turning a corner on this. Nazis only became a big deal on youtube because of the algorithm and because they could just poo poo out any old garbage and have a built-in audience to boost it. But they’ve been in disarray since Charlottesville and their videos still look like lazy poo poo, and there are leftist youtubers now, whereas a few years ago there weren’t.

I’ll grant them twitter, but their pipeline is much weaker than it was two or three years ago. Look at Laci Green, who was probably their crown jewel. She goes nazi and then *poof*, nobody’s even talking about how she vanished. The algorithm is still getting that poo poo in front of kids wanting video game reviews, but there are more and more robust competing views out there that, frankly, are a lot more visually appealing and dynamic than a 30-year-old in his bare apartment shouting into a webcam about She-Ra.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it'd be fine to make that stuff verboten if a mod in d&d hadn't killed the youtube intellectual thread (which was easily the best thread in that subform) without giving a reason.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think to be fair to the topic the general opinion on Boogie has shifted over time from him being a clueless and ignorant buffoon to him being a dangerously conflict-averse collaborator addicted to chud lovebombing on top of that. It hasn't just been circles over and over.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

A few years ago I would have agreed with this assessment, but it seems like we might be turning a corner on this. Nazis only became a big deal on youtube because of the algorithm and because they could just poo poo out any old garbage and have a built-in audience to boost it. But they’ve been in disarray since Charlottesville and their videos still look like lazy poo poo, and there are leftist youtubers now, whereas a few years ago there weren’t.

I’ll grant them twitter, but their pipeline is much weaker than it was two or three years ago. Look at Laci Green, who was probably their crown jewel. She goes nazi and then *poof*, nobody’s even talking about how she vanished. The algorithm is still getting that poo poo in front of kids wanting video game reviews, but there are more and more robust competing views out there that, frankly, are a lot more visually appealing and dynamic than a 30-year-old in his bare apartment shouting into a webcam about She-Ra.

I also get the feeling that streaming really took a chunk out of youtube views with regards to the "stream of consciousness rants with unrelated video content layered on top of it".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Laci Green poofed because she was always kinda boring and uninteresting but at least before her turn had 'well she is a good sex education source though' going for her, now she has that same format and can't claim to be useful to anyone but other 'THERE ARE ONLY TWO GENDERS LIBTARDS' types. Her last real moment of relevance is when she wrote her lovely book and got some plugs by other boring lovely sex people like that oh joy sex toy lady. She was never really a 'crown jewel' just a win for ~redpilling the feminists~.

Charolettesville wasn't as much of a death blow as people think, you see it all the time with groups like the aryans and the KKK. They hem and haw about how 'well of COURSE they never would support that violence' when it happens and maybe do lay low for a month or two but all the ~intellectual dark web~ and major youtube types are still doing their thing to all their fans like before. Their fans are happy to follow them down the rabbit hole, that's how it works. Jordan Peterson has near entirely dropped the mask and is full on christian fundamentalist and all his fans are still with him. His only real moment of shaking was when he hilariously dropped the grift to say 'oh, ok no Kavanaugh is probably a rapist'.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

DONT TOUCH THE PC posted:

I also get the feeling that streaming really took a chunk out of youtube views with regards to the "stream of consciousness rants with unrelated video content layered on top of it".

does twitch have a nazi problem too?

i mean, it wouldn't surprise me, but i don't use the site so i don't really hear about it much

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AriadneThread posted:

does twitch have a nazi problem too?

i mean, it wouldn't surprise me, but i don't use the site so i don't really hear about it much

extremely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

AriadneThread posted:

Let's all be performatively angry about it

I'm genuinely angry about all of these things though, because these fuckwits are literally the reason my right to EXIST is entertained as something that should be ~debatable~ in any form.