Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Japan has a large cultural awareness of cults as a result of that doomsday cult that gassed their subways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
maybe he could try to infiltrate a pedophile ring, just throwin it out there, there is no more heinous crime imo

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
He's a Japanese neet, he's probably part of one.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

McGiggins posted:

Japan has a large cultural awareness of cults as a result of that doomsday cult that gassed their subways.

I'd never heard of this, wow.

That's the kind of creativity our nameless NEET needs if he wants to do a memorable crime.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
subway attacks

They used sarin nerve gas, I believe, which is super metal. If he ends up going after a cult, it's super duper understandable, culturally.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This is a little bit off topic but aum shinrikyo (the sarin gas people) were an absolutely insane cult and if you have any interest in that kinda poo poo, read a book about them.

They were a literal anime nerd doomsday cult that managed to recruit some very rich and smart people and even tried building their own nuclear bomb

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
This is why it's important to disenfranchise weebs

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
He's going to kill Hideaki Anno

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yep, all that thinking lead up to absolutely nothing. I feel like I'm gonna be saying this a lot in this path, but YOU ASKED FOR THIS.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the only book about aum shinrikyo i read was haruki murakami's interviews with victims, and aside from the facts of the attacks themselves i mostly remember the passive aggressive poo poo people got at their workplaces.

"i'm sorry, i need to leave. i can't even see properly."
"...if you say so."
"...i was poisoned in a terrorist attack."
"well, you've always worn glasses anyway, right?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
he's gonna overthink various crimes as he accidentally becomes a productive member of society, isn't he

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Saleryman jobs suck all over the earth, good to know.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

onsetOutsider posted:

Yep, all that thinking lead up to absolutely nothing. I feel like I'm gonna be saying this a lot in this path, but YOU ASKED FOR THIS.
What. The. gently caress. I was all pumped up for some pedophile-slaughter.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the only book about aum shinrikyo i read was haruki murakami's interviews with victims, and aside from the facts of the attacks themselves i mostly remember the passive aggressive poo poo people got at their workplaces.

"i'm sorry, i need to leave. i can't even see properly."
"...if you say so."
"...i was poisoned in a terrorist attack."
"well, you've always worn glasses anyway, right?

underground is a really good book, everyone go read it right now

taco season
Oct 10, 2014

College Slice
I think he's going to murder his parents in their sleep over soy sauce. Then it turns out his dad was an enemy of the Yakuza and they recruit him as a hitman.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I kinda hope this comic keeps building up expectations for something cool and it just keeps dissapointing since the guy is a loser neet with no skills.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

He just gonna fap to some hentai and forget it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

When I read he was going to enter the life of crime I thought he was gonna steal a bike and sell it on ebay or something, not go full Elliot Rodgers murder suicide

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
was defs hoping for a cult leader kill

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

was defs hoping for a cult leader kill

killing a cult leader would be vaguely heroic, which is not exactly what this thing appears to be about :v:

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

He's never even going to leave the loving house, I'm guessing he goes Menendez

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

She’s going to be like my queen Nasir Najafi Aghdam (YouTube shooter lady) and go shoot up an internet company but fail to actually kill anyone other than himself.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
He's gonna kill NEETS

taco season
Oct 10, 2014

College Slice
As a NEET killer he would get no recognition, but would do an overall good for Japanese society, slightly raising the overall birthrate and GDP and lowering the suicide rate over the next several years. Easy targets, most probably wouldn't put up a fight and would be missed by no one. Natural outlet for his misplaced self-hatred.

It's fun to imagine how things could play out if he wasn't what he seems to be. No doubt he'd stumble into being a respected crime lord by accident searching for a packet of soy sauce bounced out his window, his first trip outside since a school child.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Lol this guy is gonna go lazy, target a child to murder, and then quit and go home at the first sign of resistance.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Is there a backup in case op goes away before this thrilling story is concluded?

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I can do Google translate via character recognition I guess.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazak posted:

Is there a backup in case op goes away before this thrilling story is concluded?

Have a little faith, bruv.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Lol this guy is gonna go lazy, target a child to murder, and then quit and go home at the first sign of resistance.

I have lower expectations.

Over the next 100 pages NEET man won't even leave the house, he may not even finish breakfast for another 20. It's all navel gazing from here on out.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Fuuuuuck op gimme the good stuff, I need my hit!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry for the late update, McGigs!

edit: I forgot to turn on text anti-aliasing in the 2nd panel, sorry.
...And 0 people cared.

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Dec 19, 2018

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
It's anime

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

> Drink tea. Contemplate murder.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

onsetOutsider posted:

Sorry for the late update, McGigs!

neet osama bin laden

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The chips scene will just be him eating some chips. No deception, nobody watching him, just a guy genuinely eating a bag of chips. It will go on for six pages.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Oh yeah that's the stuff. Thank you for your efforts op!

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
I’m enjoying this thread, OP. Thanks for translating.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I'm glad that some of you have realized much of the humor in these pages is the comic's own tediousness (this will be a reoccurring theme in the criminal arc).
I'd say that sounds like a terrible idea, but it pulls it off. I find it really funny, especially knowing that these came out ACTUALLY one panel a day, not like 4-8 a day like I've been doing, so some of these scenes must have been simply insufferable to follow daily. In case you haven't noticed yet, the original dates that the panels came out is listed in the bottom left of every panel, year-month-day.
It's also important to remember though that the actual site updates all of its paths equally every single day, so while this Tohru may be monologuing about useless poo poo for 10 pages, part-timer Tohru might be having actual plot happening. But since you guys have the privilege of me speeding through the tedious sections, you have to deal with ONLY watching this path (for now).

Hope you're having fuuun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lots of big talk and grandiose fantasies, zero actual accomplishments. Sounds about right.

Could have stolen a bike and sold some weed in the time it took to fantasize about this dumb poo poo. Steal the goddamn bike already ffs