Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

raton posted:

I have a calculator watch I use it to know what time it is it is better at this than my phone

raton posted:

I also think you should carry at least a couple hundred in cash on you and if you're one of those guys that wants to tell me how they don't and they always just use their card I will have less respect for you

this man living in 1986

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FCKGW posted:

this man living in 1986

Excuse me but the Casio Databank was released in 1984

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_Databank

It has a marking in the tin that says 10 YEAR BATTERY

bitch!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It rules

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have a TI84 and TI89 emulator on my phone though, for serious calculations in a no wifi zone

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

raton posted:

Excuse me but the Casio Databank was released in 1984

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_Databank

It has a marking in the tin that says 10 YEAR BATTERY

bitch!

raton posted:

I have a TI84 and TI89 emulator on my phone though, for serious calculations in a no wifi zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHLR3faI7lU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I always use my Costco card for everything, but also I carry cash in case I stop at a small business run by Asians - particularly the copy shop down the street , the place I get my hair cut, and the donut shop where I buy burgers.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my watch tracks my activity (steps/walking/working out), sleep, and heart rate constantly so its good for tracking your health. also i can walk around my place and leave my phone charging at my desk and still get calls and texts and poo poo. It also gives me the time of day and plays music to my bluetooth headphones.

BITCH!!!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

my watch tracks my activity (steps/walking/working out), sleep, and heart rate constantly so its good for tracking your health. also i can walk around my place and leave my phone charging at my desk and still get calls and texts and poo poo. It also gives me the time of day and plays music to my bluetooth headphones.

BITCH!!!

Mine is also a calculator and it looks cool

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

raton posted:

I just have an actual Ti89 and 86. gently caress trying to use that poo poo on my phone.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the HP 12C is the best calculator. :colbert:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Bitvh

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

El Jebus posted:

I just have an actual Ti89 and 86. gently caress trying to use that poo poo on my phone.

The emulator works and looks exactly like them dumbass deluxe!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have a physical ti85 but I don't use it because the Casio Classwiz 991 EX is the greatest physical calculator known to man

I just got these TIs as backup

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

Polak nutcase

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Do yourselves a favor and get with the times

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZZ93346/

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

but can i play doom on it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

but can i play doom on it

U can put programs in it I don't know how though

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
All my cash is weed money by default

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Taima posted:

Yeah I feel that this is a misunderstood part of the Apple ecosystem. The goal is to make the other devices redundant as much of the time as possible.

Macbook - Apple Watch - iPhone - Airpods

For example, when I use my macbook pro I can ignore every aspect of my phone and watch, as I can make calls from my computer, text on my computer, etc. it just does everything I need to do while I'm sitting down working or in a meeting. Phone stays in pocket, and watch unchecked.

Then, when you're out and about, the watch, especially in concert with Airpods makes your phone completely redundant- it's the only device you care about when you're on the move.

Of course if you're mobile and you're also trying to browse the web, search for some piece of data or use an app (I view this as being quasi-stationary, like in the subway or stopping what you're doing to some degree but not to the extent of busting your macbook out) you use the iPhone. But the iphone is really just the hub of the system allowing autonomy of the other pieces of the package. Sometimes you need your phone, but mostly it can stay in your pocket.

Stationary: Macbook
Quasi-stationary: iPhone
On the move: Watch and Airpods

TL;DR I spent $500+ so I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket for basic tasks.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Like in years? or number of gifts?

I know people that bought the big rolls that have literally lasted for years.

Gifts would be my measure. It's the 11.99 four-pack that's like 45 square feet of wrap, if I recall correctly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Gifts would be my measure. It's the 11.99 four-pack that's like 45 square feet of wrap, if I recall correctly.

It’s a lot of drat gifts and it’s the best value you can get for wrapping paper.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
My watch is a fashion accessory

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

You can buy these at Costco?

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

My Costco pajamas came in yesterday, they are very soft and adorable, and I'm saving them for Christmas Eve. A+ do recommend.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Silly Burrito posted:

You can buy these at Costco?

At the Costco in Amsterdam, sure

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:hmmyes:

Bought a bottle of Kirkland rum and some cider. Gonna a try and make mulled cider for the holidays

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Ah yes, Boobles.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Brethren, I bring terrible news. The variety of sherpa throws has been reduced to one brand at two of my local Costcos. Only the Monte and Jardin king and queen sized sherpas remain. I fear the hand of the shareholder in this calamity.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Olanphonia posted:

Brethren, I bring terrible news. The variety of sherpa throws has been reduced to one brand at two of my local Costcos. Only the Monte and Jardin king and queen sized sherpas remain. I fear the hand of the shareholder in this calamity.

They may just be making room for another 6 foot tall nut cracker and a massage chair and sherpa sheets.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Close but it's the 15C.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

RoastBeef posted:

Close but it's the 15C.

Ah yes, the 59F.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSvCK_xH84s

Costco challenging Big Chicken to keep bringing you affordable Rotisserie Chicken.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Geoj posted:

TL;DR I spent $500+ so I don't have to take my phone out of my pocket for basic tasks.

Yep, I can afford it, sorry your balls hurt about it / I'll be first in line for the guillotines / etc

More like $800 but close enough

e: it's kind of weird to get this stuff in the Costco thread by the way, you realize the average household income for a costco shopper is in the 6 figures right

Taima fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 18, 2018

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Bucnasti posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSvCK_xH84s

Costco challenging Big Chicken to keep bringing you affordable Rotisserie Chicken.

Hell yeah! The rotisserie chickens are a required part of our household. We buy a chicken every time we're there, make homemade stock while using as much of the actual bird as we can for meals, rinse and repeat. Homemade chicken stock 100% of the time (which is essential for any serious cook, it makes everything better) and delicious chicken for everything else.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Taima posted:

Yep, I can afford it, sorry your balls hurt about it / I'll be first in line for the guillotines / etc

More like $800 but close enough

e: it's kind of weird to get this stuff in the Costco thread by the way, you realize the average household income for a costco shopper is in the 6 figures right

I'm coming more from the "how's the kool-aid tasting now that someone besides Steve Jobs is making it" side of things.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I'm biased because I live by the apple park and know a lot of people who work there, but Jobs simply presided over a crazy period in smart phone evolution. Let's not suck the ghost of his dick too hard.

For me personally, the Apple ecosystem works great for my needs. At home, I have a Windows workstation, and that ALSO works great for me because I play PC games. But seriously, just having an easy way to answer texts on my macbook has saved me countless hours of bullshit. My fiancee texts me all day, I would loving kill myself if I had to drag out my phone every time while i'm working.

There's no way to explain this without being a douche, so I'll accept that, but at some point your time becomes valuable enough that the premium on apple stuff isn't a big deal and saves you more than enough time to be worth it. Obviously I'm not doing any favors to reinforce that assessment by posting here right now, but so be it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

El Jebus posted:

Ah yes, Boobles.

:hmmyes:

El Jebus posted:

Ah yes, the 59F.

:shuckyes:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Just saw someone Wheeling out an entire pallet of the slippers, all in xl

That guy is going to have some warm loving feet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Made the pro move before yesterday's 'Co trip and stopped by the food court first. First time I had the chance to use the self serve kiosks, it was nice getting food while those chumps who prefer to talk to someone hadn't even made it up to the counter to order yet. Had the dog, of course, and a drink WITH REFILL, the wife had the turkey sandwich, and we split a slice for dessert. Even after spending $300 I know we saved at least $100 by not shopping hungry. PBUC.

uli2000 fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 19, 2018