Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
honestly im a bit confused. it doesnt help that all the activities happen when im asleep.

Im just really weirded out how Hum just comes into the thread, fos Pod and MMT and claps their hands clean. And I'm not a fan of how Kash just comes in and bitch Pod out for not believing IP is saying the truth. And considering that there's a decent amount of time before deadline, Kash could had made a comment earlier. It really feels like a tacked-on point that Kash added on to push his Pod is scum agenda than something that's actually an organic thought, ya know.

Honestly I'm feeling that Hum is scum, there's just something really off about their first post after IP's flip. It feels like scum putting in seedlings just for town that already has biases/lazy bandwagon townies to fight over, and I still havent heard their own personal thoughts on why they FOS Pod or MMT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##unvote

can someone read Hum? I genuinely have no idea why they suddenly fosed Pod or MMT.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

honestly im a bit confused. it doesnt help that all the activities happen when im asleep.

Im just really weirded out how Hum just comes into the thread, fos Pod and MMT and claps their hands clean. And I'm not a fan of how Kash just comes in and bitch Pod out for not believing IP is saying the truth. And considering that there's a decent amount of time before deadline, Kash could had made a comment earlier. It really feels like a tacked-on point that Kash added on to push his Pod is scum agenda than something that's actually an organic thought, ya know.

Honestly I'm feeling that Hum is scum, there's just something really off about their first post after IP's flip. It feels like scum putting in seedlings just for town that already has biases/lazy bandwagon townies to fight over, and I still havent heard their own personal thoughts on why they FOS Pod or MMT.

I can't be the only one who sees how TMs play isn't in align with his votes.

##vote TM

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
so are you just going to ignore all I typed or?

Don't get salty at me because I thought Pod's case on you was good.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

so are you just going to ignore all I typed or?

Don't get salty at me because I thought Pod's case on you was good.

We have shared the same conviction and suspicion multiple times in the game. On kashuno, regarding pod at points and on the shift with solus.

So I think its curious how malleable your vote is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
idk how to tell you this but I'm lazy town and I want to get carried

what are your thoughts on hum tho

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

idk how to tell you this but I'm lazy town and I want to get carried

what are your thoughts on hum tho

Hum's play is mostly not good this game. Could be life stuff.

However, his stance on you is one I can get behind.

His d1 however is curious. Calls me out for not voting solus/merk when I came in about Kash, but himself deflects. Hypocritical and strange.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
controversial opinion but

##vote Hum

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
we have less than 5 hrs left, peeps.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
These time limits are a bit crap for me as I’m current in Sydney in transit to New Zealand. Sorry for being generally terrible this game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im going to need to sleep. if there's any risk of getting a no flip, I hope everyone flip me instead so you guys could mine some info from my flip.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tired Moritz posted:

im going to need to sleep. if there's any risk of getting a no flip, I hope everyone flip me instead so you guys could mine some info from my flip.

What's your read on AA?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hey town players! Get off your loving asses and play mafia!

Like honestly it doesn't even matter who the scum is, no one is putting in any effort and town deserves to lose. Whatever.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

my vote is not moving here I don't think!

Dick Bastardly posted:

##vote Kash

I'm going to re-read Pod and see if anything jumps out.

Hi I have town reads on Pod and Kash and won't be voting them, please either vote AA or convince me to change my mind so we don't no-lynch?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I don't like db's posting on review i don't think the justification he cites for a kash vote is good enough to merit a vote

hum has been absent today and yesterday the logical jump from "doubtful of IP" to "yeah I'm okay with IP" reads weird when filtering, but I can't help but think about whatever merk was trying to do on day 1 (although I'm not sure it's indicative of alignment as I initially thought it was, given that Hum was a stretch? I don't know.)

i think i'd prefer ##vote aa > db > hum, in that order, today (partly because it looks like hum's gonna get lurker ruled for today)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

controversial opinion but

##vote Hum

jimmydalad posted:

These time limits are a bit crap for me as I’m current in Sydney in transit to New Zealand. Sorry for being generally terrible this game.

I'm not posting any more this game day and I'm honestly pissed off that I put effort into writing a case that clearly no one read.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I forgot DB was in this game, but the case on me by MMT and FL looks much like the coordination I pointed out in previous game days. It's especially strange seeing as they've been at each others throats across game days on and off as well.

Regardless, I would vote Huma if only because even when he is present, he hasn't put forth much effort into his casework. That said, this can be said of the majority of the players in the game at the moment.

MMT is starting to look like effort-y scum with the "frustrated town" bit. People's availability, in the middle of a work week, in international time zones, it makes things hard, and dead line is at an inconvenient time for me.

People keep giving me flack for my MMT push, but they don't say why it's bad, or what's wrong about it and that's suspicious/lazy as gently caress.

TM is at least here. Huma will probably be dealt with by lurker rules.

I mean town can probably afford my lunch and get info from it if need be, but surprise! I'm not scum, and I've made an effort to address any points raised against me, so if anyone should feel frustrated I feel like it's me.

THere have been more open dismissals of my cases in this game than in a long time.

A reiteration of my posts and content this game as distilled for lazy snipers and skimmers:
MMT v. FL: Felt MMT was pushing a bullshit angle on FL, FL departs from that without much efforts to jump on Huma for a non-reason That's suspicious and I've already highlighted this several times.
Me v. Kash: Felt that Kash was a better vote than Solus, and didn't see the merk case at the time. Surprise, surprise... FL got cased by MMT for apparently supporting merk at this junction, but now they see eye to eye???
Me v. MMT: Back at opportunism, MMT floats the switch to Kash, ditches it and then slams me for it even though I led into that day with a case on beet and only residual casework on Kash. She glosses over that to fit the narrative she's constructed.
Podima: I've explained through timestamps how he was catch up posting previously, but this is borderline egregious and I for one don't know if he believes his own work. This late in the game it's pretty suspicious.
DB: I forgot DB was in this game :v:
Me v. TM: TM and Huma rival one another for content bereft posting and auxiliary sniping, but TMs presented theories come off farfetched and I find that he doesn't even follow the conviction.

I mean that TM is pushing a lurker lunch right now is p. curious to me. That MMT and FL have this sudden synchronicity is curious to me.

TM or MMT > FL > Huma or Pod

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm probably locked in on TM because I've got an a 1 1/2 hour commute, then getting kids situated for dinner baths and bed so the next 4 hours are tight for me. I'll post as I can up to deadline.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I think you are grossly mischaracterizing my D1 vote on humalong but I defended it then and don't feel the need to do so further now

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

MT is starting to look like effort-y scum with the "frustrated town" bit. People's availability, in the middle of a work week, in international time zones, it makes things hard, and dead line is at an inconvenient time for me.

Eh, it got busier than expected. Worked late. We still have a little time so I'll get caught up mometarily and make a vote of some sort

---

##vote kashuno

I'm at 1 percent battery life and have no other reads besides my suspicion in mmt and kashuno.

---

Anyhow, yeah phone was at 1%, I expressed what I could before my phone died, and then vanished because phone was dead and I was still very much busy with life at that point in time.

I forgot it was EST in all honesty deadline was rough for me yesterday.

---

I've given reasons for being busy and look at the time stamps of my involvement.

I too had been playing catch up posting and you yourself floated the idea on Kash and I thought it was good.

---

Sorry I haven't been around, probably wont be around much.

I can kind of see a case for TM, in that they came in with some generally weird takes and play including suggesting that I might be 3p, low content overall and jokes as real content is being revealed. So I'll probably end up there.

---

Deadline is at 8 central time for me and I've expressed more than once my availability in thread.

If you want to draw connections that's fine, but you asked me a question I answered and expressed opinion then I got on with my goings on.

In the last week I've had car repair work done, caught a terrible stomach bug and have been spending the weekend with my family for the parts of it that I was not spending it with the toilet.

---

At this time would vote kash, would vote beet and mmt.

Will start with kash.

I'm out and about probably rest of this irl day or at least most of it.

Like I dunno, maybe don't sign up for games if you can't play in them?

That goes to pretty much everyone in this game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I pointed out Pod and MMT to see who would be lazy and call me scum for doing it and who would actually go beyond that and make their own cases.

MMT I have a pretty good town read on. Same with Kash and FL.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I’m here but not actively reading rn

MMT I feel like I’ve made my case

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AA has been trying to push this FL/MMT scum team thing since the start of day 1 and it has yet to gain any traction.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote kashuno

I'm at 1 percent battery life and have no other reads besides my suspicion in mmt and kashuno.

I kind of saw what mmt was picking up on earlier with solus, but I dont buy solus for scum especially with the sincerity and frustration of their most recent posts.

Can someone explain the case on merk and how it is merk or solus.

When mmt waffled away from all suspicion.

If that was a bad vote who were the scum on it or were scum watching from sidelines?

I dont see the case on merk FWIW, but I also dont get his early game tunnel on toal.

I do see the case on solus but that appeal was real.

Kashuno, mmt and pod look the worst to me.

These look worse and worse the more I read them.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Like I dunno, maybe don't sign up for games if you can't play in them?

That goes to pretty much everyone in this game.

lol how have I not been playing?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Hey town players! Get off your loving asses and play mafia!

Like honestly it doesn't even matter who the scum is, no one is putting in any effort and town deserves to lose. Whatever.

:yeah: I'm finally seeing the challenges of my lurker rules in that they are geared to handle early game lurking, but NOT mid-game lurking onwards.

~~~

Flying Leatherman posted:

I don't like db's posting on review i don't think the justification he cites for a kash vote is good enough to merit a vote

hum has been absent today and yesterday the logical jump from "doubtful of IP" to "yeah I'm okay with IP" reads weird when filtering, but I can't help but think about whatever merk was trying to do on day 1 (although I'm not sure it's indicative of alignment as I initially thought it was, given that Hum was a stretch? I don't know.)

i think i'd prefer ##vote aa > db > hum, in that order, today (partly because it looks like hum's gonna get lurker ruled for today)

Thanks! My only concern here is that you're still not really putting a firm opinion down on Humalong at this point in time, third on a "would vote" list doesn't go a long way. We can address it tomorrow since your point about lurker rules is valid.

~~~

Kashuno posted:

It's weird you feel it's "non-genuine" because IP didn't make hard calls on his first day in as a replacement. I don't think anything IP did was particularly suspect in those posts you quote other than indicate they were looking for scum. They really did put forth some effort and it's strange to characterize it as otherwise. It's ridiculous to think people have to have super hard reads on their first day in a game to be genuine in their hunting

I disagree especially with the bolded part where replacements are concerned, but it's clear I'm not going to convince you and you seem to show no interest in casing literally anyone else so I'll leave it at that.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

AA has been trying to push this FL/MMT scum team thing since the start of day 1 and it has yet to gain any traction.

Just because an idea doesn't gain traction doesn't mean it is wrong.

At least I've been expressing ideas and solve the game.

Mr. Humalong posted:

These look worse and worse the more I read them.

Specifically what about them?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You demanding I show the work is just laughable considering I've done extensive footwork otherwise, and TM's sidling up with you honestly looks worse than anything. Also comes out of nowhere?

How is my mention of a bus coming from nowhere?

I'm drawing attention to goings on in this thread that appear to me as bussing. Your assessment of my play up to this point has been hyperbolic and inaccurate, but like I said in this, TM looks worse. I doubt they even read your case and just said ho hum this seems like a good place to rest a vote.

The bussing bit is more tinfoil, I'll give you that, but it's nestled in the fact that both players have this returning conviction towards one another that looks incredibly artificial from my perspective.

My main issue is that you keep jumping right to bussing as a recurring tenet of your casing - drawing links between unflipped players in a way that doesn't feel like realistic scum hunting.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The lurker rule would only put me on notice, not make me freely lunchable.

Also of note: jimmy, pod, FL, and DB are all also under 10 posts for the day but no one has mentioned them :thunk:

TM made exactly 10 posts and then left after dropping a vote on me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Just because an idea doesn't gain traction doesn't mean it is wrong.

At least I've been expressing ideas and solve the game.

I don't see them both being scum. One of them stubbornly stuck on me all through day 1 and then had merk try and make a push on me happen (that sudden swing by him is a large reason why he was the day 1 lunch). The other was a big force in first getting people to vote Solus (which wasn't hard, Solus is pretty scummy sometimes) and then getting people to switch to merk when merk did his thing.

quote:

Specifically what about them?

it reads like you're waffling and trying to avoid voting for merk when we were minutes from deadline.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I’m here but not actively reading rn

:waycool:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mr. Humalong posted:

The lurker rule would only put me on notice, not make me freely lunchable.

Also of note: jimmy, pod, FL, and DB are all also under 10 posts for the day but no one has mentioned them :thunk:

TM made exactly 10 posts and then left after dropping a vote on me.

Which is why town deserves to lose this game.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm cooling on my town lean on DB. Rereading and he jumps from person to person as scum pretty freely but without making many reads. A lot of "gut feeling"s and one quote posts.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I have a hard time seeing AA as scum. He's posted some scummy stuff, but most of us have. Maybe I'm not reading him very well (probably this). This day is probably going to be a NL since I think only like 3-4 of us are even around. I'll ##vote AA and see what happens, but I don't see scum dropping the last two votes unless they think AA is the cop or something (don't loving claim if you're the cop).

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'm cooling on my town lean on DB. Rereading and he jumps from person to person as scum pretty freely but without making many reads. A lot of "gut feeling"s and one quote posts.

I see where you're coming from, I had a good gut feeling for how he entered the game but his stuff today leaves a bunch to be desired.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I dont see this guy as scum.

Votes that guy.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votes that guy.

it's a test you nincompoop

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

also I said I have a hard time, not that I can't see you as scum.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I freely admit I struggle with reading AA's stream of consciousness posts.

I forgot DB was in this game, but the case on me by MMT and FL looks much like the coordination I pointed out in previous game days. It's especially strange seeing as they've been at each others throats across game days on and off as well.

Regardless, I would vote Huma if only because even when he is present, he hasn't put forth much effort into his casework. That said, this can be said of the majority of the players in the game at the moment.

MMT is starting to look like effort-y scum with the "frustrated town" bit. People's availability, in the middle of a work week, in international time zones, it makes things hard, and dead line is at an inconvenient time for me.

People keep giving me flack for my MMT push, but they don't say why it's bad, or what's wrong about it and that's suspicious/lazy as gently caress.

TM is at least here. Huma will probably be dealt with by lurker rules.

I mean town can probably afford my lunch and get info from it if need be, but surprise! I'm not scum, and I've made an effort to address any points raised against me, so if anyone should feel frustrated I feel like it's me.

THere have been more open dismissals of my cases in this game than in a long time.

A reiteration of my posts and content this game as distilled for lazy snipers and skimmers:
MMT v. FL: Felt MMT was pushing a bullshit angle on FL, FL departs from that without much efforts to jump on Huma for a non-reason That's suspicious and I've already highlighted this several times.
Me v. Kash: Felt that Kash was a better vote than Solus, and didn't see the merk case at the time. Surprise, surprise... FL got cased by MMT for apparently supporting merk at this junction, but now they see eye to eye???
Me v. MMT: Back at opportunism, MMT floats the switch to Kash, ditches it and then slams me for it even though I led into that day with a case on beet and only residual casework on Kash. She glosses over that to fit the narrative she's constructed.
Podima: I've explained through timestamps how he was catch up posting previously, but this is borderline egregious and I for one don't know if he believes his own work. This late in the game it's pretty suspicious.
DB: I forgot DB was in this game :v:
Me v. TM: TM and Huma rival one another for content bereft posting and auxiliary sniping, but TMs presented theories come off farfetched and I find that he doesn't even follow the conviction.

I mean that TM is pushing a lurker lunch right now is p. curious to me. That MMT and FL have this sudden synchronicity is curious to me.

TM or MMT > FL > Huma or Pod

I think AA's tunneling hard on MMT if he's town and that's informing a lot of his reads which is causing issues. (I have a town read on MMT, significantly so.)

AA, as a thought exercise since I'm not voting MMT today and I doubt anyone else is: setting aside MMT and cases involving her, looking at your summary that leaves you with what?
- TM for snipey posting/lack of conviction
- FL for what, at this point? Jumping on Huma on D1? Anything beyond that?
- Me for my catch-up-posting style
- DB for being a non-entity

Help me untangle this, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Votes that guy.

##vote ip

gently caress it