Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

FUJOSHI! Dirty Rotten Shippers! is the working title for the hot new prototype by Meltwater designer and raving malcontent Erin Lee Escobedo, aka yr gal pal Gutter Owl!

FUJOSHI! is a romance and matchmaking card game for 2-4 players. You and your most romance-addled rivals conspire to make seven attractive anime boys (or even g...girls!?) kiss each other for fun and pervertprofit!

(Okay, the game's actually pretty chaste.)

At the start of the game, players pick the relationships they want to bet on, then spend their turns scouting, convincing, and cajoling the NPC protagonists to fall for the right partner. Successful pairings score points, and rare pairs score a bonus!

(Today's secret ingredient is: boku no pico macadamia)

Weird theme aside, this is a middleweight card game that should provide a nice crunchy experience, drawing from inspirations like Argent and Pax Renaissance. You could even call it a tableau builder, except the tableaus you're building are all neutral NPCS in the middle of the board, and you're trying to bet on which tableaus will synergize the best.

But that's boring, and you're boring, and it's time to kiss the animes.

The latest playtest version of the rules can be found here, and the playtest cards can be found here.

For our new kissventure, we'll be sending SoftNum, Tekopo, Pseudoscorpion, & Stelas into the yaoi zone to duke it out in the name of love. Comments and jeers from the peanut gallery are welcome, of course. Make sure to remind the players that they're wrong and their ships are wrong at every possible opportunity.

Fujos, please check in!

Sister thread: Someday My Prince(???) Will Come ~

Previous threads:
#1 Kiss Him, Not Me!
#2 b-b-but Kase-san, we're both girls!

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

** greenlit for new season

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

I want to peek at pinkViolet please. Fujo checking in.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

##IMPORTANT RULES CHANGES##

No more outer/inner desires. Characters will get their second secret desire at the start of Act 2

Dutch auction is gone. Instead, pick any of the four available cards in the lowest row. The card you pick will be replaced by the card above it.

Cards don't cost anything by themselves; coins are now for focus, gifts, and rumors only.

Cards are more uniform in abilities.

Almost any card can be given as a gift, but only if the giftee is listed at the top of the card. It costs one coin per space away from the giver (so an adjacent character would cost one coin, a character two spaces away would cost two coins, et cetera). This restriction only applies to gifts; a character can take any card for themselves.

There are now six club drive cards. You can take the card for yourself to gain cash when other players buy certain traits.

ALL GIFTS AND CLUBS ARE DISCARDED AT END OF ACT! Then the discards are shuffled into the Act 2 deck.

If you Pass Time (discard a card), anyone with 6+ coins must choose Rumors (previously "buy") cannot choose to Rest . Anyone with zero coins must choose Rest (previously "sell"). The player who started the round also has to chip in a coin if they choose rumors. NO MORE HOARDING MONEY, JERKS.

Rumors are always for the current character. No need to choose.

Act 1 ends when two piles are empty and everyone's had equal turns. Act 2 ends either Act ends when three piles are empty and everyone's had equal turns.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 10, 2018

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

All in on RED

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I heard this is about shipping, and I LOOOOOVE container, so checking in.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Alright! Tek, then Stelas, let me know which character's secret desire you'd like to peek at!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

blue for me

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Stelas chooses Yellow.

Please once I have everyone's Act 1 ships, we'll begin!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Just waiting on Tekopo's ships now.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Gonna get them in tonight since I’m a bit busy atm

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

All ships are in. But I'm also taking a moment to update some last rules changes from the latest round of live playtest, to make this experience more fun for all.

This is where I should probably highlight the part where we're playing a game in development, and there may be sudden changes if something is proven to be frustrating or degenerate. While this should be the last major change for a good while, minor hotfixes might come in. I do apologize if this fucks up anyone's strategy.

Here's a short rundown of the changes in version 4.4. Please let me know if this torpedoes your strategy and you need a mulligan on your starting ships.

• Market structure changed from decks to card rows, alternating visible and not-visible similar to 7 Wonders Duel. (The same four cards will be currently available as shown in the OP).
  • Gifts are no longer locked to specific characters. This was more annoying than tactically interesting, and often got forgotten. Now any basic card can be gifted to any character.
  • Glamour cards now shift focus. Kindness cards are cheaper to give as gifts *if* the giver has a kindness trait of their own.
  • The secret desire High Maintenance has been removed from the game.
  • The card A Sudden Kink In Your Plans has been removed. Its function has been replaced by a new option during Time Passes, described below. Their card slots have been replaced with a pair of new dual-suit cards (Ath/Kind and Study/Glam) in 4-player games.
  • During Time Passes, the Rest option will give you a maximum of eight coins from the rumor card.
  • Act 1 ends when only one row of cards remains and all players have had equal turns, same as Act 2.
  • Some aesthetic changes.

New Time Passes option Rethink: Instead of Rumors or Rest, once per Act you may chose to Rethink. This costs ALL OF YOUR MONEY (minimum 1 coin). Same rules as the old Kink card, but the replacement ship is worth fewer points than before: 1(+1) in Act 1, 2(+2) in Act 2.

Thank you for your patience and support. Turns will hopefully resume tonight.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

WELL THAT TOOK ENTIRELY TOO loving LONG. Okay. We're back. Rules updated, every single cardsheet visually overhauled, let's do the thing.

SoftNum ¥400 :h:
Tekopo ¥400
Pseudo ¥400
Stelas ¥400

Softnum, you're up first!

Reminder, you can pay ¥100 to move the focus marker 1 space, any number of times. You can take a card for the current character OR give a gift (¥100 for each space away) OR discard a card to Pass Time (Rumors, Rest, or Rethink).

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Most cursor to Violet. Give the 2nd card to yellow (kindness gift).

This should cost 100 yen? I believe.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum posted:

Most cursor to Violet. Give the 2nd card to yellow (kindness gift).

This should cost 100 yen? I believe.

200 yen. ¥100 to move the cursor one space, ¥100 to send the gift one space. (No discount from the card text because Violet doesn't have any Kindness symbols.)

Still what you wanna do?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

200 yen. ¥100 to move the cursor one space, ¥100 to send the gift one space. (No discount from the card text because Violet doesn't have any Kindness symbols.)

Still what you wanna do?

oh yes please. I has a brain fart. Still good tho./

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum ¥200
Tekopo ¥400 :h:
Pseudo ¥400
Stelas ¥400

Tekopo, you're up!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

bump for tekopo

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Keep the focus, take the card from the first column, move the focus to blue

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Just to confirm (because I have gotten almost endless confusion from playtesters, and this may not survive the version):

Do you want the focus to ultimately end up on blue next turn, or on green (i.e. move to blue, automatically moves one pace to green next turn)? Either is fine. Not counting paid moved, ofc.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

To end on blue

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Tekopo posted:

To end on blue

I'm glad I asked, then.

SoftNum ¥200
Tekopo ¥400
Pseudo ¥400 :h:
Stelas ¥400

Pseudo, you're up!

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

I'm glad I asked, then.

SoftNum ¥200
Tekopo ¥400
Stelas ¥400

Pseudo, you're up!

Buy the Red Move in the left column and move Blue left.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum ¥200
Tekopo ¥400
Pseudo ¥400
Stelas ¥400 :h:

Stelas, you're up!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Purchase right-most card for Indigo, move him to the left of Blue if that's kosher.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Kosher. Indigo and Blue are just gonna pass this ball back and forth for a bit.

SoftNum ¥200 :h:
Tekopo ¥400
Pseudo ¥400
Stelas ¥400

Softnum, you're up!

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

Softnum, you're up!

Buy 2♠ card for blue. Move the marker so it ends up on red.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

My initial gut feeling is that there's a lot less clutter on the cards and I feel noticeably more sure of what I'm doing, as an aside.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum ¥200
Pseudo ¥400
Stelas ¥400

Tekopo!

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 20, 2018

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Buy red card from 3rd column, move red one left.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum ¥200
Tekopo ¥400
Stelas ¥400

Pseudo!

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Sports! Sports! Become President of the Sports Club!

Pseudoscorpion fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 20, 2018

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

sports.

SoftNum ¥200
Tekopo ¥400
Pseudo ¥400 [sports]
Stelas ¥400 :h:

Stelas!

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Move cursor to Violet, gift left-most card to Yellow (-200)

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Pseudo gains ¥100 (sports teams).

SoftNum ¥200 :h:
Tekopo ¥400
Pseudo ¥500 [sports]
Stelas ¥200

Softnum!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

alright, that's enough leeway for christmas. bump for Softnum.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

alright, that's enough leeway for christmas. bump for Softnum.

Sorry went into a black hole there

Buy a 2❤️ for violet.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

SoftNum posted:

Sorry went into a black hole there

Buy a 2❤️ for violet.

care which one?

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

care which one?

left most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Discounted due to the kindness ability, so no cost!

SoftNum ¥200
Pseudo ¥500 [sports]
Stelas ¥200

Tekopo!