Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Does Matt like wrestling also? His references usually seem rooted in a past decades knowledge of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
look I'm not gonna pretend that I don't agree that the venn diagram of 'wrestling fan' and 'Mad TV Defender' and 'was on the border of taking a 'special' class in school as a kid' is probably a near perfect circle for a lot of reasons.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Biomute posted:

Mad TV was absolutely terrible, but if the Chapo people are fans of Cumtown I can see why they would like it; that show is basically ripping off Will Sasso's podcast.

Will Sasso has a podcast about being gay with your dad?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Will Sasso has a podcast about being gay with your dad?

"Hi, I'm John Madden, and what you wanna do is take the dick here, (draws small arrow) and put it in your son's rear end in a top hat here (draws another arrow), just a real drive to the end zone, and while you know there's gonna be a zig here, zig there, zag up, down, classic sidestep (flurry of arrows) but at the end of the day it's all about getting it RIIIGHT IN THERE! I buy my lube at ACE HARDWARE!"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtE-4gLRynM

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I Before E posted:

"Hi, I'm John Madden, and what you wanna do is take the dick here, (draws small arrow) and put it in your son's rear end in a top hat here (draws another arrow), just a real drive to the end zone, and while you know there's gonna be a zig here, zig there, zag up, down, classic sidestep (flurry of arrows) but at the end of the day it's all about getting it RIIIGHT IN THERE! I buy my lube at ACE HARDWARE!"

Lol I'd love to watch Will Sasso act out cum town bits

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

It must be weird to religiously consume content for both the easy laughs and the comfort that its presentation of the world brings.

New New Fresh
May 26, 2013

But enough about cum town.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I Before E posted:

I thought the Madden stuff was Frank Caliendo

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I thought the Madden stuff was Frank Caliendo
*ray romano voice* no one's gonna believe you (stav cackles in the distance)

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
MadTV, like Tim and Eric, is something that seems a lot better in hindsight when you can watch the best clips on YouTube as opposed to sitting down for an hour of sketches that mostly miss.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

EndOfTheWorld posted:

MadTV, like Tim and Eric, is something that seems a lot better in hindsight when you can watch the best clips on YouTube as opposed to sitting down for an hour of sketches that mostly miss.

What the gently caress is this? Tim and Eric is still amazing

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Malaria posted:

What the gently caress is this? Tim and Eric is still amazing

It's also only fifteen or thirty minutes per episode, which keeps things tight

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Mr. Show is the best sketch show imo

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

T-man posted:

The first season of UCB is incredibly tight and I hate that it doesn’t have a proper streaming option.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Mad tv rules because it had a character who's joke was is retarded, and a character who's joke was is Chinese.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

T-man posted:

Mr. Show is the best sketch show

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

T-man posted:

While I'll always love Kids in the Hall most, Mr Show has my favorite sketch series ever.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
SOME rear end in a top hat IN MY WORCESTER STORE WANTS CHANGE FOR A DOLLAR. QUARTERS.

"Tell him no."

NO?

"No."

NO

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

What was the aside about the Weekly Standard writer named like Shulman in reference to?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

What was the aside about the Weekly Standard writer named like Shulman in reference to?

I was curious about that as well. Was it in reference to something they talked about on a Patreon episode?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Mad TV was incredible because it never pretended for a second it was anything other than the weird racism and retarded jokes show

It was basically cum town

Kenny Rogers Jackass is literally something Nick would riff out

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
mad tv was low-effort bullshit but it happened to coincide with snl's permanent decline

snl was only consistently good for a brief period in the late 80s and early 90s when pretty much the only other outlet for talented comedy writers was the simpsons

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Some nerd is having a complete meltdown about this on twitter.

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/1075235912559288322?s=21

The positive is that he's tweeting cumtown bits that I completely forgot about.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Only a matter of time, after learning about the respect economy, that they get blue pilled and join the DSA.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't wait for the Ironic racism Vs ironic Racism debates

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
patreon adopts the nazi tier pricing model and pockets the extra $10 a month from harris/peterson/etc.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Some nerd is having a complete meltdown about this on twitter.

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/1075235912559288322?s=21

The positive is that he's tweeting cumtown bits that I completely forgot about.

The weirdest part of this is the constant apologies, like someone is controlling his body and he can only watch.

Edit: nope it's the spending his whole morning screenshotting people calling him a dumb little baby

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 19, 2018

Serf
May 5, 2011

cum town is good because it shits on the neo-nazi types with nick highlighting the stupidity of their worldview

but lol if they get shut down. it would make total sense, really

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between cum town & the daily shoah. you imbecile. you loving moron"

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Spoeank posted:

The weirdest part of this is the constant apologies, like someone is controlling his body and he can only watch.

when autism is strong enough this is almost exactly what it's like, the discrepancy or perceived double standard is absolutely intolerable and must be corrected at all costs

this is not an attack on autistic people

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jonah Galtberg posted:

when autism is strong enough this is almost exactly what it's like, the discrepancy or perceived double standard is absolutely intolerable and must be corrected at all costs

this is not an attack on autistic people

This guy follows and shares the views of every gamer gate/alt right/intellectual dork web piece of poo poo. He's not doing this in good faith; he knows exactly what he is doing. This is Ethics in Gaming Journalism but for Patreon.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Spoeank posted:

This guy follows and shares the views of every gamer gate/alt right/intellectual dork web piece of poo poo. He's not doing this in good faith; he knows exactly what he is doing. This is Ethics in Gaming Journalism but for Patreon.

yeah, he knows what cum town actually is and is pretty obviously excited about getting them in trouble

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Yeah the "this thing is wrong, it must be fixed, I can't help myself" is a component of moderate to severe autism. It takes forever to talk my cousin out of trying to bring home and fix 23 year old broken server hardware.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't believe we're going to lose out on future cum town bits like ethnicity from place you wouldn't expect to see that ethnicity in but also they have a disability

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Serf posted:

yeah, he knows what cum town actually is and is pretty obviously excited about getting them in trouble

Especially since his source is the unofficial gamergate subreddit and he tried snitching on chapo first for Matt's astute observations on election night (by posting a breitbart article). He also posts his PayPal for donations halfway through.

He knows what he's doing, it's not an autistic tic

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I guess that guy sure does serially harass and stalk women

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Glad to see the alt right has discovered the power of demanding to speak to a manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Especially since his source is the unofficial gamergate subreddit and he tried snitching on chapo first for Matt's astute observations on election night (by posting a breitbart article). He also posts his PayPal for donations halfway through.

He knows what he's doing, it's not an autistic tic

yea have the rest of y'all never paid attention to the alt right before? disingenuous moral outrage is their bread and butter