Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Dammit I did the last Hamish mission...

The board died on top of Hamish, so I tried to blast the boar with dynamite to move him just in case Hamish had anything special to loot (still couldn't loot Hamish), and Buell ran off. Is he lost for good? Not that I need another horse but he told me take care of him and I have failed.

There's nothing to loot off of him IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The board died on top of Hamish, so I tried to blast the boar with dynamite to move him just in case Hamish had anything special to loot (still couldn't loot Hamish), and Buell ran off. Is he lost for good? Not that I need another horse but he told me take care of him and I have failed.

You can wear Hamish's hat but it's not keepable. Buell is kinda useless. He'll be happy roaming free, unburdened by the problems of Arthur & the gang.

TulliusCicero posted:

I also liked Karen, Mary Beth, and Tilly tbh

Tilly was a suprise for me for how tough she was and how she gets kidnapped but still tells her captors to get hosed

Epilogue stuffs: Given that this was a prequel and the only people you have to hunt in RDR1 are Bill, Javier & Dutch, I fully expected awful outcomes for everyone else. Once Sean & Kieran get taken out I figured it was only a matter of time before Pearson, Tilly, Mary Beth, Karen, etc. all followed. I was honestly quite surprised by the amount of gang members that live through the entire plot and actually have happy endings.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 19, 2018

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

I took care of Buell. I took care of him all the way to Level 4 bonding. (later game spoilers): Then I rode him proudly into the last mission.

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

turtlecrunch posted:

I took care of Buell. I took care of him all the way to Level 4 bonding. (later game spoilers): Then I rode him proudly into the last mission.

I took a look at his stats and dumped him outside the nearest stable

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Also, I've encountered Murfee brood killing travelers and campers and whatnot (never been able to stop them in time, not sure if that's possible). Is there anything I'm supposed to do here other than shoot them all? I looted one of the people they killed and took a huge honor hit, so that apparently wasn't the right thing to do.

Nah, those hapless folk usually always end up dead before you arrive on the scene. In the cases where you can actually save someone you'll hear them calling for help before hand.

Also, it shouldn't have been that big of an honor hit when you loot the people who the Brood kill. You should be able to make that back from tossing a couple of fish back into the water when you go fishing.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Bad honor? Just doff your hat to people a couple times.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

ICMB posted:

I took a look at his stats and dumped him outside the nearest stable

I stopped wanting to ride the Arabian Super Deluxe when I went on a mission with John and his horse was way bigger than mine. :blush:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

cage-free egghead posted:

Bad honor? Just doff your hat to people a couple times.

Loot a couple of innocent victims while on the road? Why just stop by your local watering hole, have a drink say hello to the townsfolk. You'll be right as rain i reckon.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
The arabians are overrated they spook way too much. Its acceleration stats dont really matter if it will never listen to you when poo poo hits the fan.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

turtlecrunch posted:

I stopped wanting to ride the Arabian Super Deluxe when I went on a mission with John and his horse was way bigger than mine. :blush:

I picked up the white Arabian for my second play through and I’m loling at how tiny it is. Even riding solo it’s pretty silly but when you’re riding with the gang, forget about it.

Good stats though

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

big trivia FAIL posted:

I found this guy when I couldn't use weapons in Rhodes, and I guess I waited too long to progress Chapter 3 because now the basement guy is dead (X on the map) and I get no option to make the gunsmith open the door :(

ICMB posted:

I had the exact same problem and it bothers me more than it should.

You actually can use a weapon for this. I’m still in chapter three and don’t see the weapon wheel in Rhodes but I went behind the counter and held down l2 to target him and the “hold r2 to aim weapon” prompt came up and all of a sudden I’m able to use my pistols.

I got too excited about that and blew the guy’s head off, forcing me to wait for him to respawn.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I get such a stupid kick out of just hassling people in town by going back and forward between antagonize, rob and greet

quote:

'Howdy sir'

'Evenin'

'You can say it better than that'

'What?'

'I'm only kidding, don't worry about it'

'Ok...'

'YOU DISGUST ME'

'What the hell?'

'Take it easy lol'

'Leave me alone!'

'GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY'

*Runs away screaming*

*chasing* 'YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG PARDNER!'

*Still running and screaming*

'RUN HOME TO MOMMA!'

Tickles me every time. Schizo Arthur is the best.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Snowy posted:

You actually can use a weapon for this. I’m still in chapter three and don’t see the weapon wheel in Rhodes but I went behind the counter and held down l2 to target him and the “hold r2 to aim weapon” prompt came up and all of a sudden I’m able to use my pistols.

I got too excited about that and blew the guy’s head off, forcing me to wait for him to respawn.

wtf goddammit

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

ThomasPaine posted:

I get such a stupid kick out of just hassling people in town by going back and forward between antagonize, rob and greet

Tickles me every time. Schizo Arthur is the best.

The funniest person to do this to is the lady that asks for cocaine sandwiches at the bar in st denis. She'll hide behind the coach yelling all kinds of poo poo at you.

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

DogonCrook posted:

The arabians are overrated they spook way too much. Its acceleration stats dont really matter if it will never listen to you when poo poo hits the fan.

Agreed. I prefer a Missouri foxtrotter, but I know the turkomans are good too. Both are far less skittish and won’t freak out once you see a snake or immediately kick you with wolves and even cougars.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know my white Arabian is scared of everything so whenever there’s trouble I basically do a drop roll off of him so he can run away and I can deadeye my problems.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I mostly only see Kentucky Saddlers out in the wild, but I've run into Appaloosas a couple times. I think I'm grabbing one next time i see them, I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier but i only see them when im in the middle of other poo poo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
how long is this ranch poo poo with john? i signed up for western shenanigans not stardew valley, but a country life simulator mode would be kinda great.

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
I gave up on the Arabian for the same reason -- I should dump the one I have online to save that $.75 a day. I want my foxtrotter, dammit

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

how long is this ranch poo poo with john? i signed up for western shenanigans not stardew valley, but a country life simulator mode would be kinda great.

Not long, and then you get to get back to business.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've been using the horse I took after it kicked that old man in the head and I'm not going back.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
The horse I'd had all game died after I accidentally played chicken with a train on one of the bridges. I obviously died too, and afterwards the little guy was just gone from the game world so no chance to revive or anything. Oh well.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ThomasPaine posted:

The horse I'd had all game died after I accidentally played chicken with a train on one of the bridges. I obviously died too, and afterwards the little guy was just gone from the game world so no chance to revive or anything. Oh well.

I lost BoJack to a Lemoyn Gatling gun ambush, I died trying to revive him :(

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Untrustable posted:

I bought a rod and a lake lure with some of my free gold.

How did you do this? The option to use gold for lures disappeared for me with the last patch.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

How did you do this? The option to use gold for lures disappeared for me with the last patch.

I think the gold was to unlock them early? Are you level 30 or whatever the level is for lures?

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

ICMB posted:

I gave up on the Arabian for the same reason -- I should dump the one I have online to save that $.75 a day. I want my foxtrotter, dammit

God this so much.. Every time I ride my horse I miss my foxtrotter. It almost never complains, is fast, and isn’t a baby horse. I miss it dearly and it’s one of the main reasons I want to level up.

titties
May 10, 2012

Hugh Malone posted:

I think the gold was to unlock them early? Are you level 30 or whatever the level is for lures?

No.

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

titties posted:

Go to an actual general store itself. For some reason you can still do it there.

titties
May 10, 2012

Hatastrophe posted:

Go to an actual general store itself. For some reason you can still do it there.

Hell yeah, thank

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Snowy posted:

It's too bad he respawns cause gently caress that guy, I slammed a hatchet in his skull.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Hugh Malone posted:

Are you in the lagras bait shop? For some reason you can't buy them early from the catalog.

Edit: meant to quote the previous dude there asking about lures.

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt
It's odd that the special spinner lure you get for finishing the legendary fish sidequest unlocks *before* the special water-specific lures do in online

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Well let me have a ruler and a saw and a board and I'll cut it

I'll climb up the ladder with a hammer and nail and I'll nail it

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

DogonCrook posted:

Which horses are good courage/speed hybrids? I started out with the free pre-order Ardennes which seemed all right but then switched to the Arabian so I could zip around the map and win more of those impromptu point-to-point race challenges and... yeah that thing is a nervous wreck when it comes to ambushes and predators.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

AndyElusive posted:

Well let me have a ruler and a saw and a board and I'll cut it

I'll climb up the ladder with a hammer and nail and I'll nail it

That part was not that bad and honestly kinda charming

Reminded me of the girls singing going to Valentine with Uncle :3:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, I posted that because I actually really loving love that song and the sequence that went with it during the Epilogue.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Dick Jones posted:

Which horses are good courage/speed hybrids? I started out with the free pre-order Ardennes which seemed all right but then switched to the Arabian so I could zip around the map and win more of those impromptu point-to-point race challenges and... yeah that thing is a nervous wreck when it comes to ambushes and predators.

The foxtrotter is slightly less skittish. The thoroughbred felt the least skittish to me in sp but its not as fast and online that wouldnt be as good of a tradoff imo.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

TulliusCicero posted:

I would pay for extra DLC to keep that part going forever, just live stream the voice actors

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Does anyone run into a weird bug where when you're looting money from Fort Mercer some of it just doesn't have any value? Not that I'm hurting for money but it's odd to loot a giant pile of cash and not have it actually give you money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is it possible to steal the wagon that the raiders put in the road when they ambush you and sell it in online mode? The wheels fell off the wagon on the way to the emerald when I tried