Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Is there a new episode after Lisa's Date with Density? Stitcher doesn't show a newer episode than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Should be one on Hurricane Neddy ahead of it.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Holy poo poo, the most recent episode has a real all star guest line up!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

khwarezm posted:

Holy poo poo, the most recent episode has a real all star guest line up!

I've been anticipating this one for a while and I was blown away, what an absolutely incredible episode.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I've been anticipating this one for a while and I was blown away, what an absolutely incredible episode.

100% pro listen. A joy from start to finish, and even though it clocks in at almost three hours long it was never boring.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Was recently at the Portland Retro Games Expo with my girlfriend and another friend. One of them muttered, "Death stalks you...at every turn..." and I wasn't really paying attention until a few minutes later, when I asked what she had said. She said it was something written on a person's shirt, but didn't know what it meant.

I assume it was one of you folks, but uh, I know the larger Talking Simpsons community exists outside this place, so -- I just don't have anywhere else useful to share this anecdote.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

credburn posted:

Was recently at the Portland Retro Games Expo with my girlfriend and another friend. One of them muttered, "Death stalks you...at every turn..." and I wasn't really paying attention until a few minutes later, when I asked what she had said. She said it was something written on a person's shirt, but didn't know what it meant.

I assume it was one of you folks, but uh, I know the larger Talking Simpsons community exists outside this place, so -- I just don't have anywhere else useful to share this anecdote.

Did you know we were in Portland that weekend and put on two Talking Simpsons live shows?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

bobservo posted:

Did you know we were in Portland that weekend and put on two Talking Simpsons live shows?

Oh yeah, but we went to PAX this year and were consequently underfunded and underequipped to stay in the area for more than just the one day. We had to choose. It was harder than Sophie's choice*.

I mean, you'll be back.

*have not read

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Ross sucked."
"Ross should be in prison."

More correct takes from the Talking Simpsons gang.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Well this is less than fantastic news.

https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/1066491158929432577

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wow that sucks.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
$3,748 of $3,500 goal
Raised by 150 people in 1 hour

Well that was quick.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Good for him, I can't imagine how much that must suck. I got pissed when I got mugged for 100 bucks and that had zero impact on my professional life's future.

One day they'll catch that fake wallet inspector :argh:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Looks like he got enough money, good stuff.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If he had had a gun this never would have happened.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Shoulda gave him one of these

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
It would seem that the Talking Simpsons curse has carried over to What a Cartoon: Spongebob Squarepants creator Stephen Hillenburg dead at 57

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've always disliked Homer's Enemy (throwing off Virgil's metrics, I grew up with the show). I was curious to see if the good boys of Talking Simpsons could change my mind. They didn't, I still hate the episode.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I have also disliked Homer's Enemy since it first aired, but I was still looking forward to the Talking Simpsons episode on it.

Yeech that was awful. Those Chapo hosts are the worst. I don't mean because of their left-wing point of view (if anything they aren't left wing enough) but because of their dumbass tangents, facile insights, and highdea style nonsense. I don't mind Henry or Bob injecting a little common-sense wokeness into the show at all but I don't need multi-minute digressions that remind me of nothing more than a 16 year old edgelord telling me about how Thanksgiving is a lie and Jesus wasn't really born on Christmas. Worst episode ever!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

highdea style nonsense.

This is basically the point where I checked out of this one, when it suddenly became dueling interpretations of the plot that wouldn't die. The problem is I was on the road by then and couldn't change podcasts in the middle of an hour-long drive.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the episode....was good

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
The episode seemed to be of the same quality as basically every other one.

It was good!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Gonna need Nina Matsumoto to provide the translated Japanese episode titles for the entire series now

Can't decide which I love more, "A Couple's Crisis Comes Suddenly" or "Seymour Skinner's I Love Trouble"

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

ninas the best guest they have i wish she was just a regular host along with henry and bob

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kly posted:

ninas the best guest they have i wish she was just a regular host along with henry and bob

either her or kat bailey imo

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What if they had Chris Antista on the show as a guest and just pretended it was his first appearance and made him explain who he is and his history with The Simpsons and such and such.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

What if they had Chris Antista on the show as a guest and just pretended it was his first appearance and made him explain who he is and his history with The Simpsons and such and such.

this would be good

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I never really understood why they're apparently not friends anymore.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Pope Guilty posted:

I never really understood why they're apparently not friends anymore.
I heard from a friend it was because Bob made some snide remarks about Chris moving back to Florida after he could no longer afford to be on the west coast. :iiam:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I really identify with Wiggum's "Oh God!" in this episode.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really identify with Wiggum's "Oh God!" in this episode.

I think that entire Wiggum segment is one of the things I catch myself quoting most. Especially "We have a saying down on the bayou".

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Man, the latest episode is a chore to get through. Just tangent after tangent of how terrible Grimes is to expect the bare minimum of competency from his co-workers. That & all the buzzwords...

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind if they just abandoned the guest hosts for a while. Bob & Henry do a good job on their own & there's no risk of one of their episodes plummeting to the depths of this one.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I have also disliked Homer's Enemy since it first aired, but I was still looking forward to the Talking Simpsons episode on it.

Yeech that was awful. Those Chapo hosts are the worst. I don't mean because of their left-wing point of view (if anything they aren't left wing enough) but because of their dumbass tangents, facile insights, and highdea style nonsense. I don't mind Henry or Bob injecting a little common-sense wokeness into the show at all but I don't need multi-minute digressions that remind me of nothing more than a 16 year old edgelord telling me about how Thanksgiving is a lie and Jesus wasn't really born on Christmas. Worst episode ever!

lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

chapo owns. the worst part about them is their first apperance where they had crystal clear audio and then the next week my favorite whm guy was on and he sounded like he was from the 1990s

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 26, 2018

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I really like the Chapo episodes of Talking Simpsons. Every episode is good but I sometimes feel like a lot of their guests are from GEEK CULTURE and tend to have similar things to say and it's nice to break out of that little world for a change.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Human Tornada posted:

I really like the Chapo episodes of Talking Simpsons. Every episode is good but I sometimes feel like a lot of their guests are from GEEK CULTURE and tend to have similar things to say and it's nice to break out of that little world for a change.

Yea, the show's good consistently but it's nice to break the typical mold of ~geek culture~ types and get a different view. Most people who are into Simpsons fandom stuff have similar opinions, not to say that can't be fun obviously but it's nice to drag in weirdos from other internet bubbles who like the show.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
Personally I just want to hear more of Nina Matsumoto. It took me several seconds to recognize what she was referencing in the intro of the most recent episode she was on ("Ninaaaaa Matsumotooooooo!") and then I had to pause for several minutes because I couldn't stop giggling. I'm giggling now just thinking about it.

I want an excuse to introduce myself like that, is what I'm trying to say.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
It doesn't help that one of the Chapo guys (not Virgil) has something weird going on with his audio. Tons of plosives and it sounds like he's manhandling his mic every other line.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Pegnose Pete posted:

I heard from a friend it was because Bob made some snide remarks about Chris moving back to Florida after he could no longer afford to be on the west coast. :iiam:

Remember that those snide remarks followed Chris going completely radio silent, leaving Bob to do a ton of free PR for all of Chris's ventures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'm glad they did Clone High on what a cartoon, it's seriously the funniest 13 episodes of any cartoon