Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Taima posted:

Yep. And ABC Bullion is also from Aus

I have read before that the expensive display case items are replicas. They keep the good poo poo in the vault.

It would be really stupid to keep a kilo of gold out in a smash and grab location imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

I got my wife's rings from Costco. They can be returned anytime as long as the ring hasn't been resized (such as if the stone gets damaged). I know a few years ago there was a procedure where you could rack up crazy rewards since Costco used to issue checks for refunds for orders over several thousand dollars instead of processing it as a return to the credit card company. So you could buy a $10,000 ring, return it the same day, then use the check to pay the bill and pocket the reward miles.

I used to date a different girl who worked at Costco, and she showed me one trick I don't think I've ever seen posted before -- you can order food from the cashier when you are checking out at the main shopping area. So you don't have to wait in line for the dog - just ask them to put it on the order and then take your receipt over to the food counter and they should give you what you ordered. I've only used it at the store she worked at with her, so it might only work if you know the cashier ringing you up. PBUC.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

I used to date a different girl who worked at Costco, and she showed me one trick I don't think I've ever seen posted before -- you can order food from the cashier when you are checking out at the main shopping area. So you don't have to wait in line for the dog - just ask them to put it on the order and then take your receipt over to the food counter and they should give you what you ordered. I've only used it at the store she worked at with her, so it might only work if you know the cashier ringing you up. PBUC.

You just wait in the hot dog line you son of a bitch

If someone cuts for a dog I will trip them into the road

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

Only at participating Costcos*.

* I've asked at mine and I can order a whole pizza or have someone run and grab a chicken, but they don't do individual for items.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Taima posted:

I have read before that the expensive display case items are replicas. They keep the good poo poo in the vault.

I'm just exited that there's another BUY GOLD HIDE GUNS GET FAT nation state on Earth other than my own

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Australia wishes it was as good at America at being useless idiots. Unfortunately for them, they are nowhere near close to as fat and they live substantially longer (for example a male lives 3-4 extra years on average than an American male).

They're really gonna have to step their game down to beat us.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Taima posted:

Unfortunately for them, they are nowhere near close to as fat

They're pretty close

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Fair enough, but I was using the obesity numbers, not overweight and obese combined.

America has roughly 40-50% more obesity than Australia. The overweight numbers kind of mask the difference as so many people are overweight in general.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I blame the South

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Taima posted:

You can see the sign stating as much in the second photo. It's partially visible on the left.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

I got my wife's rings from Costco. They can be returned anytime as long as the ring hasn't been resized (such as if the stone gets damaged). I know a few years ago there was a procedure where you could rack up crazy rewards since Costco used to issue checks for refunds for orders over several thousand dollars instead of processing it as a return to the credit card company. So you could buy a $10,000 ring, return it the same day, then use the check to pay the bill and pocket the reward miles.

They had the codes for the whole pizza written on a sign behind the register when I went last.

This would have been so clutch if I had realized it too because I ended up waiting in line at the food court to get 2 whole pizzas when I could have done it at checkout.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

MisterOblivious posted:

You can see the sign stating as much in the second photo. It's partially visible on the left.

Good catch.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Taima posted:

Just imagine being this dude lol

The Kirkland bubbly water I saw at the wedding had multiple flavors, it was just straight up Costco La Croix.

I still drink them, but not in Costco quantities.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Look dude I'm not going to argue with some guy that warns people about the dangers of carbonated water, and also complains like a little bitch about "the lefties" in GBS threads ok? Go back to your fallout shelter and stroke your guns.

By the way you can easily look up the carbonation claim and understand that you're full of poo poo, but that would require science which you presumably don't believe in.

e: Just kidding I looked up literally the first google result for you, look I'm helping: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/is-carbonated-water-bad-for-you#calciumloss-in-bones

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
random post from a FB friend this morning.

PBUC

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Taima posted:

Look dude I'm not going to argue with some guy that warns people about the dangers of carbonated water, and also complains like a little bitch about "the lefties" in GBS threads ok? Go back to your fallout shelter and stroke your guns.

By the way you can easily look up the carbonation claim and understand that you're full of poo poo, but that would require science which you presumably don't believe in.

e: Just kidding I looked up literally the first google result for you, look I'm helping: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/is-carbonated-water-bad-for-you#calciumloss-in-bones

Dude you gotta just ignore the people who make poo poo up about the dangers of carbonation and sugar substitutes. You’re not going to convince them otherwise because they didn’t arrive at their position through careful consideration in the first place.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

raton posted:

They're pretty close

As a canadian, nice.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Yep

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
US up there with a bunch of countries that consider spam a food group. Rock on.

Related: Just saw a 10 (12?) pack of spam at the church and wondered who in the hell needs that much spam.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

stealie72 posted:

Related: Just saw a 10 (12?) pack of spam at the church and wondered who in the hell needs that much spam.

Ask an islander / southerner IDK I'm from the North

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

stealie72 posted:

Spam is a cheaper form of bacon in many places so think about how much bacon you could consume in a month or so

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Fallom posted:

Dude you gotta just ignore the people who make poo poo up about the dangers of carbonation and sugar substitutes. You’re not going to convince them otherwise because they didn’t arrive at their position through careful consideration in the first place.

It's a good point, thank you.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
There's a Spam museum in Austin, MN and it is a cultural landmark. Do not besmirch our beloved Spam.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Taima posted:

Hey, I stand corrected on the carbonation thing. That was the last I had heard from both my doctor and my dentist. You're still a oval office though.

therobit fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 20, 2018

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Look, as long as we can all agree chicken bakes are good, carbonated water is stupid, and calculators are good then we can all get along.
:horse:

bitch

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Taima posted:

That's a sexy dog bro. Doing it right!

You know what its missing tho?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Look, as long as we can all agree chicken bakes are good, carbonated water is stupid, and calculators are good then we can all get along.
:horse:

bitch

ehhhhhhh

Pepperoni slice > Polish dog (RIP) > Cheese slice > Hot dog > Combo slice > Turkey sandwich > Churro > Chicken bake > Various salads > the awful-rear end hamburger they offered for like a week

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Cross-Section posted:

ehhhhhhh

Pepperoni slice > Polish dog (RIP) > Cheese slice > Hot dog > Combo slice > Turkey sandwich > Churro > Chicken bake > Various salads > the awful-rear end hamburger they offered for like a week

That burg is now a regular menu item at all my local Costcos

and it's coming for yours too!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

That burg is now a regular menu item at all my local Costcos

and it's coming for yours too!

weirdly enough my costco doesnt have it. i swear they actually did have it, then got rid of it, but then maybe I'm just blurring all costcos together. it is one of the older 80s costcos tho so food court area isn't super big. iirc the one up by san ramon does tho

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Cross-Section posted:

thanks to costco, i like tamales now

bless

Costco tamales are the loving best. Thanks for reminding me to get some!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the burg is probably the worst item on teh menu unfortunately.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
As a Hispanic man living in southern California, I'm gonna have to dissageee with you dudes thinking costco has good tamales, cheif/cheifettes.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

As a Hispanic man living in southern California, I'm gonna have to dissageee with you dudes thinking costco has good tamales, cheif/cheifettes.

the best tamales are bought from the man who rolls a cooler full of warm ones into your office for sale. or is sitting outside a supermarket/on a corner.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

they don't really have good mandu either

its serviceable for white peeps i guess. like america's test kitchen recipes

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

the best tamales are bought from the man who rolls a cooler full of warm ones into your office for sale. or is sitting outside a supermarket/on a corner.

Hell yeah it is. Please buy more from my uncle. We need more gucci shoes.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
the only thing i like about going out at night in LA is eating mexican food on the side of the street before i head home.

HOT DOG CON TODOS, POR FAVOR

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i want a doyer dog now

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Coredump posted:

You know what its missing tho?

NOTHING ITS PERFECT
/

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A chicken bake is just a stromboli flled with cesar dressing

A hot dog is just a long hamburger

A hamburger is a flat hotdog

Cotsco mashed potatoes is a single serving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

Excuse me but this is usually a paunchy woman not a man