Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Mandrel posted:

Assuming that 4chan thing is accurate it’s weird to me that people read it and blame Pat somehow. He bears responsibility for his weirdness and abrasive personality and it’s effect on whatever their friendship was, but if the conflict was, ultimately, a business thing then the “blame” falls much more heavily on Matt.

Matt has very obviously not given a poo poo about the channel or podcast for years, Pat and Woolie have literally been holding the thing up in volume and quality of content ever since Liam left if not before. For him to still be dictating like he’s the boss and taking a larger cut despite doing measurably less work than the others and not really doing any boss poo poo would be pretty infuriating, especially if I’m Pat and have been an equal part of this thing in terms of production and value since day one, or if I’m Woolie and am doing virtually all management and organization duties, as well as having handled years of editing. If it’s really a business, the onus is on Matt to express he doesn’t want to do it anymore and wants to focus on his content, and handle that transition however he sees fit. Not passive aggressively/drunkenly sleepwalk through his responsibilities for years until things blow up.

Matt like Liam is also incredibly thin skinned, and his friends jumping all over Twitter to passive aggressively subtweet Pat while Pat and Woolie have been nothing but professional about it is pretty telling and rubs me the wrong way.

Of course, I also think his scripted stuff is terrible and was the least popular poo poo when he would post it on the main channel so it’s easy to see where Pat would be coming from in thinking continuing with unscripted poo poo was the way to go.

Idk it’s sad to see the pair I’ve been watching since whenever that first Epic Yarn video was split up, but honestly that Matt has been gone a very long time now. The worst part about this for me is I assume Pat and Woolie will be going to individual streams outside of the podcast, and I can’t stand watching streams much less solo ones.

So what I'm getting here is you want dumb twitter drama from rando's tweeting at Pat that they don't like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, this type of poo poo doesn't have to be ON anyone. You have distinct personalities that eventually just feel like they can't do poo poo together.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Mandrel posted:

Assuming that 4chan thing is accurate it’s weird to me that people read it and blame Pat somehow. He bears responsibility for his weirdness and abrasive personality and it’s effect on whatever their friendship was, but if the conflict was, ultimately, a business thing then the “blame” falls much more heavily on Matt.

Matt has very obviously not given a poo poo about the channel or podcast for years, Pat and Woolie have literally been holding the thing up in volume and quality of content ever since Liam left if not before. For him to still be dictating like he’s the boss and taking a larger cut despite doing measurably less work than the others and not really doing any boss poo poo would be pretty infuriating, especially if I’m Pat and have been an equal part of this thing in terms of production and value since day one, or if I’m Woolie and am doing virtually all management and organization duties, as well as having handled years of editing. If it’s really a business, the onus is on Matt to express he doesn’t want to do it anymore and wants to focus on his content, and handle that transition however he sees fit. Not passive aggressively/drunkenly sleepwalk through his responsibilities for years until things blow up.

Matt like Liam is also incredibly thin skinned, and his friends jumping all over Twitter to passive aggressively subtweet Pat while Pat and Woolie have been nothing but professional about it is pretty telling and rubs me the wrong way.

Of course, I also think his scripted stuff is terrible and was the least popular poo poo when he would post it on the main channel so it’s easy to see where Pat would be coming from in thinking continuing with unscripted poo poo was the way to go.

Idk it’s sad to see the pair I’ve been watching since whenever that first Epic Yarn video was split up, but honestly that Matt has been gone a very long time now. The worst part about this for me is I assume Pat and Woolie will be going to individual streams outside of the podcast, and I can’t stand watching streams much less solo ones.

You do understand that "that 4chan thing" is exactly what 4chan does don't you? You're the punchline to someone's joke, friend.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I feel like some people are expecting to get some kind of closure from all this speculative finger pointing and I hate to break it to you but that's not going to happen. The Super Best Friends ended suddenly and short of some miraculous revival that's the end of that story. We're not getting anything else, and frankly considering the personalities involved I wouldn't trust any inside scoop on what happened unless it came from, maybe, Woolie.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

You do understand that "that 4chan thing" is exactly what 4chan does don't you? You're the punchline to someone's joke, friend.

Did you read the 4chan thing?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sometimes, freinds jsut stop being friends

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So what I'm getting here is you want dumb twitter drama from rando's tweeting at Pat that they don't like him.

or you know don’t tweet at Pat at all. Pat and Woolie/their friends/significant others aren’t subtweeting Liam or Matt for either or their part in this as far as I’m aware.

but yeah if you have to for some reason instead of being professional then the next best grown up thing is to address the person directly I guess, pretty much

Monaghan posted:

Matt's a lovely businessman, but Pat had both Liam and Matt end up not liking him. Both guys are fine with Woolie, so I think there's a common thread there.

Woolie seems to like Pat fine though. the common thread might be Matt and Liam being very similar people who’s personalities mean they’re inevitably going to passively resent and finally shut down in response to an abrasive, confrontational personality like Pat’s, as opposed to a personality like Woolie’s who’s more balanced in being both less confrontational and less timid.

but yeah none of this is to say that any of this is Wrong on a personal level. Matt and Pat’s oddball pairing is both what made them entertaining and what made their friendship eroding inevitable. personally I’m much less favorable to people like Matt than I am people like Pat, but everybody is different and that’s fine

my point was that, as you said, Matt is a lovely businessman and if business is what broke the camel’s back then I don’t know who else you put the blame on

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Namtab posted:

Sometimes, freinds jsut stop being friends

yeah if this hadn't been turned into a business it's very possible they could have drifted apart years ago and that'd be the end of the story and frankly the theorycrafting on relationships were always the most tedious posts in the thread

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Have any of you just stopped being friends with co-workers before without it being like a thing cause that's what happened

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

How bout we just not put the blame on anyone? Maybe?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

hoobajoo posted:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Have any of you just stopped being friends with co-workers before without it being like a thing cause that's what happened

I never became friends with them to begin with.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Dias posted:

Did you read the 4chan thing?

Yes. Nothing in it lacks plausibility, and nothing in it is provable. It carefully frames each of them as the villain of the piece depending on whichever person the reader favours, so whoever you like more was hard done by. It is exactly the manipulation they delight in doing. It is poo poo stirring to make suggestible people dance for entertainment.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yes. Nothing in it lacks plausibility, and nothing in it is provable. It carefully frames each of them as the villain of the piece depending on whichever person the reader favours, so whoever you like more was hard done by. It is exactly the manipulation they delight in doing.

There's no villains, you weirdo. It's literally "everyone had their own interests, they conflicted, personalities did too, so they ended up splitting ,"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

Entirely this, why do we have to create a bunch of theories about the interpersonal relationships and personality archetypes about people we will never meet?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I for one blame Quint *tires screech*

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Dias posted:

There's no villains, you weirdo. It's literally "everyone had their own interests, they conflicted, personalities did too, so they ended up splitting ,"

I think you need to learn how to read.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mandrel posted:

or you know don’t tweet at Pat at all. Pat and Woolie/their friends/significant others aren’t subtweeting Liam or Matt for either or their part in this as far as I’m aware.

but yeah if you have to for some reason instead of being professional then the next best grown up thing is to address the person directly I guess, pretty much

Woolie seems to like Pat fine though. the common thread might be Matt and Liam being very similar people who’s personalities mean they’re inevitably going to passively resent and finally shut down in response to an abrasive, confrontational personality like Pat’s, as opposed to a personality like Woolie’s who’s more balanced in being both less confrontational and less timid.

but yeah none of this is to say that any of this is Wrong on a personal level. Matt and Pat’s oddball pairing is both what made them entertaining and what made their friendship eroding inevitable. personally I’m much less favorable to people like Matt than I am people like Pat, but everybody is different and that’s fine

my point was that, as you said, Matt is a lovely businessman and if business is what broke the camel’s back then I don’t know who else you put the blame on

So the "grown up" thing for Matt to do here is control what other people are tweeting and have a public confrontation to satisfy your curiosity. The situation was dealt with directly and SBFP is done. That's as direct as it gets. Your problem is you're not privy to the details.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

I think you need to learn how to read.

Please point out what paints people as "villains" there then, you wise master.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Dias posted:

Not dying as a hero

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

He's saying the 4chan post is bad BECAUSE it has that villain-baiting paradigm, you two basically agree I think.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

He's saying the 4chan post is bad BECAUSE it has that villain-baiting paradigm, you two basically agree I think.

We don't, I disagree on that otherwise I wouldn't have shared it. It's a reasonable take that didn't make anyone look bad and made sense considering the circumstances. If you can misconstrue a "THIS IS THE CULPRIT" narrative outta that you can do it outta anything and you're kinda a lost case IMHO.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I blame Super Bunnyhop.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Namtab posted:

Entirely this, why do we have to create a bunch of theories about the interpersonal relationships and personality archetypes about people we will never meet?

I don’t have a lot going on

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

We don't, I disagree on that otherwise I wouldn't have shared it. It's a reasonable take that didn't make anyone look bad and made sense considering the circumstances. If you can misconstrue a "THIS IS THE CULPRIT" narrative outta that you can do it outta anything and you're kinda a lost case IMHO.

Oh, I see, I did misread your post. Whatever then, I don't think it really matters whether or not the piece was written to have a villain or not, it should not be trusted and probably exists just to stir poo poo either way.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I bet it was Billy's fault.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Ustabiaz needs to show up this event by having TFS record theBojack movie abridged live on NXT; Brennan voices Bojack and Mother's Basement has to beat Ricochet to stop the youtube strikes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

Oh, I see, I did misread your post. Whatever then, I don't think it really matters whether or not the piece was written to have a villain or not, it should not be trusted and probably exists just to stir poo poo either way.

I mean, it's the weakest way to stir poo poo up ever if so, it's "Pat and Matt disagreed on how the channel should move on, Woolie tried to keep them together, also Liam was probably on Matt's side". It seems pretty realistic and not really damning of anyone, even if it's not true.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Dias posted:

A person posts on 4chan claiming to be a friend of a friend. Says that Matt is, in essence, uncommitted and unfair with the money. Also says that Pat has hang ups on the money and doesn't want to put effort in.
People read this, disseminate it, and we have vitriolic side taking based upon it like Mandrel's post above. This is classic 4chan trolling. It was exactly what you would post if you wanted to stir drama among upset people desperate for information and itching to take a side because their parasocial friend circle collapsed.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

hoobajoo posted:

This.

People have been claiming to know the entire Zaibatsu on 4chan since the start, and none of them have ever had anything to back it up. They're just trying to stir up poo poo and cause more drama.

Of course Matt comes off as the one in the wrong in the 4chan post. They've always liked Pat best of the group, so naturally anyone trying to stir up poo poo is going to make Matt try to look like the bad guy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

David Cage hired an elite gangstalking/psy-ops unit to break up the guys for making fun of him.

also LOL people taking what amounts to Qanon of LP seriously.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Monaghan posted:

Matt's a lovely businessman, but Pat had both Liam and Matt end up not liking him. Both guys are fine with Woolie, so I think there's a common thread there.

That common thread being that Woolie is good.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So the "grown up" thing for Matt to do here is control what other people are tweeting and have a public confrontation to satisfy your curiosity. The situation was dealt with directly and SBFP is done. That's as direct as it gets. Your problem is you're not privy to the details.

no the other people are also grown ups so they can probably just be expected to handle their stuff themselves

I think everyone knows we’ll never be privy to any details. at least not until years down the road when nobody gives a poo poo anymore anyway. but this is a thread about a LP channel that no longer makes videos. it’s only reason for still existing is gossip and speculation so I dunno what you want from folks

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Both Woolie and Matt uploaded poo poo yesterday.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'unno, I think you guys are exemplifying what I meant when talking about "you can extrapolate anything outta anything". I think we can all agree no one was on the wrong anyway, and in the end we'll probably never know what happened. :shrug:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It is us, the fans, who failed the Super Best Friends and caused them to break up.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

A person posts on 4chan claiming to be a friend of a friend. Says that Matt is, in essence, uncommitted and unfair with the money. Also says that Pat has hang ups on the money and doesn't want to put effort in.
People read this, disseminate it, and we have vitriolic side taking based upon it like Mandrel's post above. This is classic 4chan trolling. It was exactly what you would post if you wanted to stir drama among upset people desperate for information and itching to take a side because their parasocial friend circle collapsed.

this is all a plot of the Deep State

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
opinion: i didn't know about the super punchout mac until matt's video and they should make that guy an alt skin for little mac in smash. he looks more like an anime protagonist so i like him more

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm just glad Matt will do his overly-produced videos about random-rear end poo poo, Pat will do lazy-rear end streams and Woolie will...do Woolie things. It was kinda heartbreaking listening to him almost breaking down talking about anxiety crisis on his last podcast episode tho. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mandrel posted:

no the other people are also grown ups so they can probably just be expected to handle their stuff themselves

I think everyone knows we’ll never be privy to any details. at least not until years down the road when nobody gives a poo poo anymore anyway. but this is a thread about a LP channel that no longer makes videos. it’s only reason for still existing is gossip and speculation so I dunno what you want from folks

You're dunking on Matt for what other people are doing and taking what amounts to the Q-Anon of this situation as gospel. Grow up like you expect other people maybe tangentially involved at best to. Come on yall.

Maybe we could get back to what the guys are posting instead of super pointless gossip.