Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

How bout we just not put the blame on anyone? Maybe?

I will always drag PewDiePie's name through the mud and you will never stop me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Rhonne posted:

I blame Super Bunnyhop.

Finally a voice of reason in these crazy times. I’m unsubscribing from Super Bunnyhop immediately.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

It is us, the fans, who failed the Super Best Friends and caused them to break up.

I have failed my senpais

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

a cartoon duck posted:

It is us, the fans, who failed the Super Best Friends and caused them to break up.

hosed up to blame the kids for the divorce

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

General question: How much has the past 9 years of videos changed your personal vocabulary? What super-best-friend-ism do you still find yourself saying years later?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Neo_Crimson posted:

hosed up to blame the kids for the divorce

All youtube group videogame channels are like a divorce: half a million + mouths to feed, who regurgitate the sweet, sweet lets play breast milk into a nebulous, and often cursed, mass of money. You look back and realize you only felt alive when a guest came in to make it a fivesome. Everyone regrets that one night in the hotel bathtub with fifteen other people and a laptop mic. You unsubscribe from Super Bunny Hop and the kids pick the parent they want from the divorce and demonize the others. It's just how life is.

Also worth noting, Matt mentioned on his youtube feed that he's got about a week worth of content that was ready to go up before this whole everything happened, so we should expect videos to stop going up for a while after this week's Edgelords.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 20, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Baron Snow posted:

General question: How much has the past 9 years of videos changed your personal vocabulary? What super-best-friend-ism do you still find yourself saying years later?

so much poo poo I don't even know where to start

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Baron Snow posted:

Whenever me and my friends are watching an anime and one of the characters gets salty over losing I automatically go "YOU DIDN'T WIN" out of reflex.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Baron Snow posted:

Any time I get the opportunity to bust out "more than you'd think, but less than you'd hope" I relish it.

Also I do find myself going "YEYEYEYEYE" in the way Woolie does when I get super hype.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Expect nothing and deliver less is a definite pickup

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

More than you think, less than you'd hope; the "YEA YEA YEA YEA" chain, YOU DIDN'T WIN, i've also taken to using big [x]/big big [x] even when it makes negative sense, there's a shitton of stuff that's warped my vocabulary.

That's to say nothing of all the wrestling terms I picked up secondhand from them.

e: Expect nothing and deliver less, and NEVER BEFORE SEEN RESULTS are both standouts

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
YEYEYEYEYE, [x] is the [y] of [category x and y share in common], YOOOOOOOO, big [x] for big bois, Pat's southern accent, and just about 15% more simpsons quotes than I had before SBFP.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Baron Snow posted:

Matt's "He loves/hates it", "That's not the greatest", "it's fine though", and "yeahyeahyeahyeahyeah" have all entered my lexicon. I also use "big [X]" sometimes.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I speak Portuguese 90% of the time but I've dropped "more than you think, less than you'd hope" more than once when speaking English. Also everytime I hear "my family" I mentally fill it in with family family family.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also I say "that's FINE. It's FINE" a bunch too.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dias posted:

Also I say "that's FINE. It's FINE" a bunch too.

ya

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Baron Snow posted:

I think the only two phrases that really stuck with me are "All the warriors" and "He/she hates it!"

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 21, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baron Snow posted:

'Okay'

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i'll never see the word "darkness" the same way again

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

“Don’t let it set in!”

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The best best friendism is still No nO no. Find out what will kill me then pull back a little.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Baron Snow posted:

Anything made by David Cage will forever be "the bad game" said with a bad french accent.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Baron Snow posted:

It's not great.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Dias posted:

We don't, I disagree on that otherwise I wouldn't have shared it. It's a reasonable take that didn't make anyone look bad and made sense considering the circumstances. If you can misconstrue a "THIS IS THE CULPRIT" narrative outta that you can do it outta anything and you're kinda a lost case IMHO.

Well of course they're not going to say who Culprit is. If they didn't do it after the P4 Arena video, they never will.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Baron Snow posted:

God, I lost count. I do have a personal story around that though. I was in a hospital because I was bleeding pretty bad, and the nurse asked how much it hurt. I said "less than you'd think, more than you'd hope" and I think that made his loving day. Even heard him pull another nurse aside to tell them, he was so tickled by it.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 21, 2018

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I've brought the term sandbagging to some friend groups.

TaurusOxford posted:

Anything made by David Cage will forever be "the bad game" said with a bad french accent.

"Ze bad game" and "Sadness Trilogy/Quadrology"

It's awkward to properly quote/reference, but Woolie quoting his one boss that said "keep it up" is something I find myself wanting to reference a lot.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's fine though, Mysterious Jogo, it's not great, YOOOOOOO and Sacrifice <x> For More Time On The Clock are all firmly in my vocabulary.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
look at him yucking it up!

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

Baron Snow posted:

I think about suplexes a lot more than i used to. it's not great

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Baron Snow posted:

I use a ridiculous number of them, most of them one word-usages:
"Zambambo/Zimbie" for Zombies
"Shabams" or "Shabamzo" whenever an enemy gets exploded violently in a game.

as well as "It's fine, it's FINE" or "I'll solve it, I'll solve it!" (from the Superman Returns episode).

There's also a lot of use of the ever-versatile "See you later, fuckers!"

I'm sure I use more but those are the ones that are most likely for me to blurt out.

TaurusOxford posted:

I still think my favorite VGCW moment was Octodad beating Ganondorf and the entire chat including Baz going "what the actual gently caress?!".

Only Ink can defeat Ganon. :v:

Probably not my favorite moment (I think my favorite is The Baz, against all odds becoming the last person to challenge for the VGCW Championship, or the EDBW Championship match where Francis York Morgan and Eddie Riggs clown on Liquid Snake) but one of them (or I guess a combination of them) was during a Royal Rumble (the 2nd to last one I think), where Dante (DMC Dante, not the regular one) is in the ring with some others and then VIRGIL comes out. Not Vergil, his brother. No, Virgil. Mike Jones. Vincent. Curly Bill. You know, this guy:

Here he is hustling Matt and Leanna, for some synergy

Anyway, Virgil comes in and, because sometimes the game just knows, he eliminates Dante. This then leads to a match between the two at a later show, and, well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5x2NrtgnFE

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 21, 2018

Arkannoyed
Oct 31, 2003

If you're dissatisfied, disappear.

Baron Snow posted:

"Look at this fuckin' hero!"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Baron Snow posted:

I say hot minute a lot

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

button bashers

sweet babies

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Anyway, Virgil comes in and, because sometimes the game just knows, he eliminates Dante. This then leads to a match between the two at a later show, and, well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5x2NrtgnFE

This was an amazing moment. Now I really want to see WWE Superstar Virgil dressed up as DMC Virgil though.

This is still my favorite VGCW vs WWE match though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8rdXV2Fe84

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 21, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did they say "thanks, I hate it" a lot? I feel like I got it from them, might been from one of liam's streams though

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I think about the Best Friends whenever I hear someone talking about their family family family.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Captain Invictus posted:

Did they say "thanks, I hate it" a lot? I feel like I got it from them, might been from one of liam's streams though

That's more Lindsay Ellis' catchphrase.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
"There's no time" has to be one of my favorite.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

This is the worst it’s EVER been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

CuddlyZombie posted:

This is the worst it’s EVER been

:sigh: It sure is.