Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they don't really have good mandu either

its serviceable for white peeps i guess. like america's test kitchen recipes

Of course the frozen premade mandu isn't world class u cretin

It's based on Korean food :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

raton posted:

Costco?

Costco.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dang

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

raton posted:

Of course the frozen premade mandu isn't world class u cretin

It's based on Korean food :smug:

what the gently caress is wrong with you, jesus christ

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

bob dobbs is dead posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you, jesus christ

Hehe

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Bi bim bap alone firmly establishes korean food as incredible.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
All the world's cuisines are welcome under Costco's roof.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Taima posted:

NOTHING ITS PERFECT
/

Could use some ketchup on that dog.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Chinatown posted:

the best tamales are bought from the man who rolls a cooler full of warm ones into your office for sale. or is sitting outside a supermarket/on a corner.

I've also had good tamales from the back of some random pickup.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

I've also had good tamales from the back of some random pickup.

We used to have a guy who would roam our neighborhood and local Walmart parking lot and sell tamales out the back of his hosed up 96 Sentra

I miss him. I hope he’s doing ok

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Currently digging into a plate of the beef bulgolgi from the deli. Heaven on Earth.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Has anyone bought the $99 14 lb serrano noel? I can't tell if it's the best idea or the worst idea

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Just received a new sermon, $10/lb prime steaks 🥩

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I just saw that they are selling ribeye that you cut yourself. Alll I need is a Kirkland brand bandsaw to reap even more impressive savings.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
so are the cashiers pastors or is that like the manager or whatever

cashiers = deacons?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Kirkland Brandy : good?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Chinatown posted:

the best tamales are bought from the man who rolls a cooler full of warm ones into your office for sale. or is sitting outside a supermarket/on a corner. Casa De Silvia in Indio, CA. Made fresh daily by a multiple Tamale Festival winner and, before opening her restaurant where she still makes *everything* fresh daily, she used to sell them out of the back of her car in parking lots.

Also her Chilaquiles are amazing.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Taima posted:

Has anyone bought the $99 14 lb serrano noel? I can't tell if it's the best idea or the worst idea

A buddy of mine did, and it's good. It's not full jamon iberico, but it's still delicious.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

binge crotching posted:

A buddy of mine did, and it's good. It's not full jamon iberico, but it's still delicious.

Iberico may be God's Own Ham, but serrano is no slouch as a daily driver. And yes, you should eat jamon serrano every single drat day of your life.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

There was a $600 at my Costco last weekend as well, the iberico.

I went with the $115 5lb prime beef tenderloin for Christmas dinner - I make it as a gift to our friends every year.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Does the ham fit in that giant wine glass?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Where does the rest of these Iberian pigs go? Can I get acorn-fed loins, bacon, ham hocks? Is there some high end Spam that’s solely from black pigs of Seville? And can I get it at Costco dot com?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hed posted:

Where does the rest of these Iberian pigs go? Can I get acorn-fed loins, bacon, ham hocks? Is there some high end Spam that’s solely from black pigs of Seville? And can I get it at Costco dot com?

Fed to the remaining pigs to concentrate the ham

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fallom posted:

Fed to the remaining pigs to concentrate the ham

Hamception.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Hed posted:

I just had Iberico tenderloin at a good restaurant here in California.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Costco changed the kind of chicken breasts they carry and I am not happy. Gone are the nice, clean, easily stored/frozen vacuum sealed bundles. Now they only have the lovely, plastic wrapped, chicken goo saturated styrofoam dish.

why

why have you forsaken me? targeted me, specifically, with this change? the plastic waste savings isn't worth it! styrofoam is probably worse I don't know

Bummey fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 22, 2018

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Ya styrofoam is worse

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I just saw that they are selling ribeye that you cut yourself. Alll I need is a Kirkland brand bandsaw to reap even more impressive savings.

Dude you're supposed to put slits all over that meat, shove garlic in them, and then coat it in salt and pepper and put it in the oven. Eat that prime rib.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Bummey posted:

Costco changed the kind of chicken breasts they carry and I am not happy. Gone are the nice, clean, easily stored/frozen vacuum sealed bundles. Now they only have the lovely, plastic wrapped, chicken goo saturated styrofoam dish.

why

why have you forsaken me? targeted me, specifically, with this change? the plastic waste savings isn't worth it! styrofoam is probably worse I don't know

Mine went to the dish, but then a couple weeks later went back to the sealed packages. Are you sure it's not just a temporary measure?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Eltoasto posted:

Mine went to the dish, but then a couple weeks later went back to the sealed packages. Are you sure it's not just a temporary measure?

There may be hope for life

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
their breaded tilapia is so good

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm watching Baskets and it's a blessed show that features Costco in many episodes, especially Kirkland products.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Looks like it's finally time to take advantage of the Costco return policy. My wife finally took the cashmere sweater I bought her from Costco for last Christmas out of the plastic bag it came in. There's a hole in one of the sleeves (no, not the arm hole). Kinda sucks to have to return a year old gift you bought someone, but oh well.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Went to church this morning and was blessed to watch dueling scooters when the opening bell rang. Lady in white was tailgating lady in black and rammed into her after a sudden stop due to rude people daring to walk in front of her. After I dodged that dumpster fire I went and bought some new tires for my vehicle at a reasonable cost. I took communion afterwards with a refill so my spirit is right this holiday season.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Yo, has the frozen edamame disappeared forever? Haven't seen it in months.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gvibes posted:

Yo, has the frozen edamame disappeared forever? Haven't seen it in months.

I bought some last week in LA.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

eonwe posted:

their breaded tilapia is so good

Tilapia is trash fish.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Bummey posted:

why

what the gently caress

that's like one of the primary things i buy from costco this better be temporary

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

If they changed the frozen single wrapped chicken breasts we riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

obviously the shareholders demanded they switch to Styrofoam in an effort to sell more food sealers.