Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
The Its a Wonderful Life episode was amazing and I had to stop listening to it in the car because I was worried about crashing I was laughing so hard. For some reason the bit at the end with the wrestlers in heaven still has me laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I woke up thinking about Ernie the cab driver saying "Each night when I return the cab to the garage, I have to clean the cum off the back seat. Some nights, I clean off the blood." and couldn't stop snickering.

I think this is an all-time great episode for me. I've loved all of We Love Movies month so far, but this feels like the peak for me.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Holy poo poo, Jimmy the Raven hahahahahaha

Yeah, I thought Steve was joking until they pulled up the Wikipedia page. That was loving great.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, I thought Steve was joking until they pulled up the Wikipedia page. That was loving great.

https://twitter.com/Adamran_90/status/1075377001740017664

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

clown shoes posted:

The better "gawd dammut" is their Wilford Brimley from Hard Target.

Brimley's "gawd dammut"s in Hard Target are insignificant in the face of his "he's a whut!!!?"s.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Got myself a surprise throbber!!!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

We love movies every year. Next year they MUST do Zoo.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
We love movies has been absolutely fantastic, but I just remembered that last year Stephen said they were going to do another batshit Rankin and Bass xmas special for animation damnation this year which makes me a little sad. Not very sad though because what we got instead was probably better.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
One of my favorite recurring gags in The Nexus is how Bones is just a walking encyclopedia for 90s alt rock.

"You know what, Savik, I think that amber is the color of your energy."
"Eject that old man!"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Coheed and Camembert posted:

One of my favorite recurring gags in The Nexus is how Bones is just a walking encyclopedia for 90s alt rock.

:same:

I'm looking forward to listening to this tomorrow on my 9 hour drive to visit my parents. Hopefully I will not die.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
WHERE YOU GOIN FRANK?
THE SCORPION KINGDOM?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Was listening to an old episode where the guys were trying on their Trump impression, was terrible and way off, and then they all admitted that they need to work on their voice in the unlikely event he gets in.
I was reminded because of what the guy said above about Bass & Rankin and not following through. Stephen says a lot of, "we'll find a way, next year, X is happening". I know the wiki has a running tab on "stay tuned". Also some movies they admit are totally fine years before, and then they eventually become episodes. :shrug:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Welcome to another episode of You Must Remember This, the podcast dedicated to exploring the secret - and - forgotten histories of Hollywood's first century. I'm your host, Karina Longworth and this is another episode in our ongoing series *CAWWWWW* "Nevermore: the last flight of Jimmy the Raven"

fatherboxx fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 21, 2018

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Firstborn posted:

Was listening to an old episode where the guys were trying on their Trump impression, was terrible and way off, and then they all admitted that they need to work on their voice in the unlikely event he gets in.
I was reminded because of what the guy said above about Bass & Rankin and not following through. Stephen says a lot of, "we'll find a way, next year, X is happening". I know the wiki has a running tab on "stay tuned". Also some movies they admit are totally fine years before, and then they eventually become episodes. :shrug:

I think I posted in one if the movie podcast thread about listening to the first half of Don't Tell Her It's Me on the morning of election day, which featured a Trump cameo and the mood if the podcast was very much "thank gently caress this idiot is finally gone from our airwaves" and listening to the 2nd half on Wednesday and feeling like I was going to burst into tears.

At least we get more jokes about piss and loving daughters

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I went and saw Welcome to Marwen and I could absolutely see it being the subject of a future WHM episode. It's bad, but it's not entertaining enough to recommend to fellow fans of fun bad movies. It's just bad and makes some really odd and dumb choices. Like there's a Back to the Future reference in it, and since both share the same director, it just pissed me off because it proved how far Zemeckis has fallen.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Listening to the Jurassic World episode while navigating DC traffic was a bad idea.

I have to say that Eric's two best friends are mine too!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I enjoyed the Wrath of Kahn episode. I’m still baffled by their Trek preferences. They put people who didn’t like Into Darkness on blast, but none of them are willing to give DS9 a chance?

They can like what they like, but DS9 is insanely good Trek! And I usually agree with 9 out of 10 of their preferences. Except Cabin hating Wreck it Ralph but loving Ralph Breaks the Internet. Maybe he really like Rick Roll jokes and Disney princesses all being friends?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The guys liking both Into Darkness and Alien Covenant is bizarre to me, frankly. But as a mustachioed wizard once said: It's OK to like a movie.

DS9 is the best though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Alien Covenant is great, so

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Marin Karin posted:

The guys liking both Into Darkness and Alien Covenant is bizarre to me, frankly. But as a mustachioed wizard once said: It's OK to like a movie.

DS9 is the best though.

Chris liking Into Darkness makes sense when you consider that he never saw Kahn until this week.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Alien Covenant is great, so
I guess it might have been had it not been a repeat of the already great Prometheus with some extra poo poo thrown in.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

clown shoes posted:

Chris liking Into Darkness makes sense when you consider that he never saw Kahn until this week is the #10 most contrarian film critic.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
"Eric sounds like a bemused wizard" is burned into my brain, btw

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I really liked their ending "Thanks to all the fans" bit, I thought it was really sweet :3: Also when they said something about never missing a date, I realized how much sheer content they had been creating for near a decade, it's crazy.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Someone on Twitter I think linked to some site where it ranked Patreons by subscribers and they were in the top 50. I wonder how many people are on the $5+ tiers, because if the majority of them are, they are pulling in around 25k a month, which might be getting close to them being able to do the podcast full time, which is awesome.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Listening to the Wishmaster episode and dying at the jokes about Wishmasters bad blowjobs.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/1076675719525294081

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Mods, please change my name to Hogwolf

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Elderbean posted:

Listening to the Wishmaster episode and dying at the jokes about Wishmasters bad blowjobs.

Eric's "i'm gonna snowball it back into your mouth" line and Jupin's disgusted reaction to it is one of my favourite moments of anything the guys have ever done.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Shirec posted:

I really liked their ending "Thanks to all the fans" bit, I thought it was really sweet :3: Also when they said something about never missing a date, I realized how much sheer content they had been creating for near a decade, it's crazy.

Oh yeah it’s impressive, glad they are getting paid. The amount of hours must easily be at 2nd job level. Glad they take a month off each year to avoid burnout.

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

PIG gently caress

This has basically been my reaction when i watch this movie for the past 4 years or so.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Durandal1707 posted:

Eric's "i'm gonna snowball it back into your mouth" line and Jupin's disgusted reaction to it is one of my favourite moments of anything the guys have ever done.

lmao yeah that slayed me

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Spoilers for Worst of 2018, from the Facebook group: Life Itself

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Fair enough

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I can't believe they missed on The Circle for worst of 2017. That's one of the worst of the decade.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Soup du Jour posted:

Spoilers for Worst of 2018, from the Facebook group: Life Itself
I gotta watch that loving thing, although if they're covering it for an episode, I suppose I'll do it closer to when the episode gets released.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

From the Wikipedia summary, it sounds like this year's Collateral Beauty.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GrandpaPants posted:

I was hoping Welcome to Marwen would live up to that title and it didn't, so I'm glad something did!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Someone on Twitter I think linked to some site where it ranked Patreons by subscribers and they were in the top 50. I wonder how many people are on the $5+ tiers, because if the majority of them are, they are pulling in around 25k a month, which might be getting close to them being able to do the podcast full time, which is awesome.
I dunno man... >$75,000 each isn't really all that great when you're married and functionally living in NYC. I mean it's more than livable, but they would be probably cutting their incomes in half to do the podcast full time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

I gave up reading it because good lord what a load of bullshit.

"This all turns out to be part of an "unreliable Samuel L. Jackson narrator" script that Will is working on in real life, and another narrator continues the story from there. Will then goes to get coffee and starts singing obnoxiously in front of everyone after adding alcohol and xanax to his coffee."

Also, I think it's all but confirmed that Jurassic World 2 and Venom are on the worst of 2018 docket - Jupin posted rewatch pics on his Twitter and I feel that if he's rewatching those...we're in for a treat.