Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

WHAT A GOOD GAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
10 full rolls and all I got was a Marie and another Emiya's dad!

Merry Christmas!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
No Merlin but I got 3 Golds for 36 Quartz so I'm feeling good.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Meanwhile I'm in despair at 330 quartz and no Merlin. At least I got four 5* CEs plus a new Ibaraki and Rama.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just want new servants to play with... I doubt I'll use Marie much when I have Kintoki already.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*shoveling stars at bond 10 herc*

Whats a class advantage

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
wait, when is the raid stuff available?

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Tired Moritz posted:

wait, when is the raid stuff available?

It's available now, you just have to get through about 4 story fights before it opens up.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

It’s been 2.5 hours (more like 1 hour because the server was dying) and Barbados is already 6% dead

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Perhaps we are the true monsters, I say with a tear in my eye as Heracles and Jalter pummel Barbatos for the 10th time in a row while Waver takes another drag

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's going to pick up as more people wake up so yeah I definitely expect Barbatos to be dead before the day is over.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Rorahusky posted:

Is anyone else not able to load up support servants when they go to the first mission in the final singularity?

Do you have it set to only show servants with event CEs? Because there aren't any event CEs.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Motto posted:

Whats a class advantage
My NP5, bond 10 herc is proving to be... rather efficient at deleting pillars. :munch:

Asimo fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Dec 21, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
honestly I just really need medals

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
im not just irritated that i didnt get merlin after saving for months but that i didn't get any 5* (not even a CE!) in 169 pulls

such is gacha

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

Jeezus, Barbatos is already past 200k kills and it's only been 3 hours in the middle of the night.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

LunarCress posted:

Jeezus, Barbatos is already past 200k kills and it's only been 3 hours in the middle of the night.

Yeah, I'm guessing Barbatos has maybe 3 or 4 hours left.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

LunarCress posted:

This is a good time to be Australian. Once I go to sleep, I'm expecting the fight to be over by the time I wake up.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Motto posted:

Whats a class advantage

:yossame:

barbatos is going to be dead before most of the US wakes up lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Random Napoleon, Valk, and Edison banner on JP.

Also there will be a JP stream at about midnight tonight EST, presumably with new year's news.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Looks like I picked the wrong day to give up skill confirmation dialogs *friend Merlin uses Hero Creation on himself like twenty times*.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
75 tickets and 120 quartz and I got Beowulf and 2 Sthenos.

And a Kaleidoscope but that I'm okay with.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I had a little over 1.5k quartz saved up and purchased, which is roughly three times what I've invested in any single banner other than Jalter. (And that one ended up basically lasting me through multiple banners.)

My first multi was a Drake spook, which I was pretty okay with, as NP2 is such a huge jump in damage. Merlin came home after about 600 quartz, and then nothing but 4*s for the remaining 800 or so, up until rainbow sparks got me a Jack spook. Daughter, I appreciate you coming home again, but you were already NP2!

I really really wanted my NP2 fluffy mage, but I'm not whaling on this banner beyond what I planned. (Technically it's already well past that point, since I was hoping for leftover quartz for Quetz.)

Kept a little over 30 paid quartz for the New Year's guaranteed banner, but NP2 Merlin will have to wait until his next rate-up, whenever that is.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 21, 2018

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How long is this event going on for? I still have basically all of the last singularity to do.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

DrManiac posted:

How long is this event going on for? I still have basically all of the last singularity to do.

The best rewards will be gone by today so don't worry about it.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Omobono posted:

:lol:
All other pillars: sub-1000 deaths.
Barbatos: 11k and counting

Saw that too, luckily my one day off is today and ma boi Merlin needs his pages (about 400 quartz total to get him)

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

Random Napoleon, Valk, and Edison banner on JP.

Also there will be a JP stream at about midnight tonight EST, presumably with new year's news.

It's the winterfes banner characters but they were cowards and didn't give us Abby, Skadi, Sheba, Ivan or Gil.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

skadi getting a rerun so soon would be odd imo

and gil and sheba were just in binny

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Woah I’m testing out double Merlin and my bond 10 herc just did 650k NP damage...followed by 450k damage with a buster crit

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Alright. For my rolls, Got my first Merlin in 90 quartz, greeded for NP2 and got it in another 90 quartz. I hope you all share my gacha fortune.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Billzasilver posted:

Woah I’m testing out double Merlin and my bond 10 herc just did 650k NP damage...followed by 450k damage with a buster crit

Double Merlin (and to a lesser extent Jalter) is so powerful starting in Shinjuku they had to introduce a whole new mechanic just to keep you from killing bosses in one turn.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Official Merlin Haver in 180 quartz, reporting in.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

Double Merlin (and to a lesser extent Jalter) is so powerful starting in Shinjuku they had to introduce a whole new mechanic just to keep you from killing bosses in one turn.

Personally I think they added Break Bars because they were a useful tool for making boss fights more interesting and enabling some story fight mechanics that they obviously wanted and that reducing the impact of OTK combos was a happy bonus, rather than them specifically going out of their way to counteract Merlin.

Just like I think the increase in pierce invulnerability is overblown and also not specifically just a Merlin thing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

330 Quartz and the only thing of note was my first Kscope and a single 4-star, Siegfried (now NP2).

Barbatos @ 362k/18%

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Against my better judgment, I decided to risk the 30 paid quartz I had left over for one last attempt. Maybe I'd get the NP2 I had been chasing after all, but I knew I'd probably just regret it.

:aaaaa: This means I'll have to buy a little bit more quartz for the New Year's banner now, but I don't care! Thank you for coming home again fluffy boy!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The QP on these Demons is cool too.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
160 Quartz didn't give me Merlin but I ticket lucked Enkidu so I'm not too sad... Pityable amount of quartz too
Though I am mad Nitocris spooked my gold Caster card, she is cute so it's alright. NP2 Redman too!

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I decided to do just one more roll tonight.

It went pretty well.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

The QP on these Demons is cool too.

Yep, I'm running double Mona Lisa because I've gotten upwards of 2 mil off a kill, and that's just too good to pass up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
After 314 Quartz...ladies and gentlemen, we got 'em.

EDIT: Unfortunately, as I thought would happen, I am left with no quartz for King Hassan, so I will have to open my wallet for that one.