Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I have successfully moved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
im back in bed

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I have a cold

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I I'm I me me me

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
We’re getting close lads

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

fridge corn posted:

I I'm I me me me

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Discord app is 377mb? gently caress off

Is it one of those apps that basically includes an entire Web browser because tech morons these days can't write anything but Javascript?

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

learnincurve posted:

traveling the world for the next five years in the hope that the Brexit mess will be fixed when they get back.
good luck getting back in

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Furia posted:

We’re getting close lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK7L5eIfd0o

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I’m trying to remember a cartoon in which a character was all like “I HATE YOU ALL SO MUCH” but I can’t remember what it was

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Lmfao the drone

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I see everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit. By that I mean endless cold bug, forced cheer and saying thank you for that gift you hated

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

My dad flew into Gatwick the day before the drone

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

So motive and opportunity. Where is he now?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

He's in the lounge

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Are you sure its not just pillows propped up in his clothes?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

fair to moderately sure

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i'll focus my investigations elsewhere

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hang on, is fridge corn’s dad holding a remote controller and chuckling?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fridge corn posted:

My dad flew into Gatwick the day before the drone
like flew into or flew into

fridge corn posted:

He's in the lounge
ah

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

got my redundancy package today. my deductions (tax, ni & student loan) was about £1700, more than my usual gross monthly pay. student loan by itself was over £360, i normally only have to pay them a fiver

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Would have expected redundancy to be tax free up to a certain amount. When I was due to be made redundant a couple of years ago they said there'd be no tax on anything under £30K. If you got more than that though, nice... enjoy a relaxed Xmas.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

yeah the redundancy bit was tax free but i've got gardening leave and a load of other poo poo that is subject to tax

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Given how inept the security services seem to be at tracking down a drone operator within close proximity of an airport, I'm frankly shocked and disappointed that we're not all dead yet.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

goatface posted:

Given how inept the security services seem to be at tracking down a drone operator within close proximity of an airport, I'm frankly shocked and disappointed that we're not all dead yet.

It's hilarious how badly this has been handled. Do you think it will end up being a common occurrenc

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Surely drones can be operated remotely. The Russian trolls are to blame

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I can’t wait until every single loving idiot decides to cause mayhem using one £59 drone

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

oh no computer posted:

yeah the redundancy bit was tax free but i've got gardening leave and a load of other poo poo that is subject to tax

Sup fellow redundancy payment receiver! I trust we didn't work together.

Yeah the redundancy itself is tax free, but the payment in lieu of notice and the payout for unused holidays isn't. Given I've got a new job lined up on the 7th, it's a nice wedge to pay off the costs of moving house/look for new furnishings in the January sales, though.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/xeropls/status/1075526367050166272?s=19

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh dear god. I’m now “holds very strong opinion on the best kind of Yankee candle” years old.

Votive, the correct answer is votive.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bacon

e: we have a mulled spice candle, that is a nice smell

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

on the way home from the shops i realised i could achieve peak millennial by using a drone to play pokemon go

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I bought a 3ds and bravely default off ebay, thanks brexit thread

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My lad is getting the new 2DS XL with mario kart off of Santa.

I won’t get to play with it because other people not playing games on his games consoles or other devices is the hill on which is is willing to die. Don’t think you can use any of his stuff when he’s out either, he can tell

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
All the candle shops round here folded. I assumed/hoped this meant candles were over.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I won’t be getting anything for my family this year as money and rime is tight. Maybe like a communal red wine bottle or something

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

learnincurve posted:

I won’t get to play with it because other people not playing games on his games consoles or other devices is the hill on which is is willing to die. Don’t think you can use any of his stuff when he’s out either, he can tell
have you tried asking on a game by game basis? if the game has seperate profiles so you will not mess up his saves / unlocks he might be ok

either that or get yourself a second one and play vs

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s not so much the game as “don’t touch my stuff” he seems to be able to sense it.

I’m totally stealing his old 2DS though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

goatface posted:

All the candle shops round here folded. I assumed/hoped this meant candles were over.

Yankee candles are like collectors cards. Seriously, there are rares, limited editions, epics and so on and a lot of people will freak the gently caress out if you even think about unwrapping those ones. Where the candle shops went wrong is that normal people who just want a nice smelling candle learned very quickly you can pick up Yankee candles from the supermarket. People who are fans just go to Amazon/EBay or Yankee candle directly - that’s the rub, they sell everything at the same price or cheaper on the official store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I don't want my mum touching my stuff either.