Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Joycons fit perfectly into jesus' hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

anybody have Hand of Fate 2 for Switch? on sale for around 22 bux, wondering how people like it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I had no idea that there are currently over 1,200 games available for Switch.

Holy gently caress :psyduck:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

98% is trashware

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Giving Steam a run for its money

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The most Jim Silly-Balls thing that could have occurred has occured.

Tim Rogers shouts "NO" at my twitter account, and Gita Jackson explains that Broforce for the Switch is a reverse Hollow Knight

https://kotaku.com/you-told-us-your-game-of-the-year-1831242842 (Skip to 40:50)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

75% are NISA visual novels

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Heath posted:

90% of the remaining games aren’t even games it’s just nude glamour shots of Reggie

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Tim Rogers shouts "NO" at my twitter account, and Gita Jackson explains that Broforce for the Switch is a reverse Hollow Knight

His bit on God of War in his year end thing left my jaw on the floor.

He's a wild man.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Heath posted:

Hey c'mon now, some are aksys and random other developers dumping otome on there too!

And that one Gaokao dating sim that I almost want to buy because the concept is bizarre.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Captain Flame Guy posted:

Are there any docks out there that are safe to use?
The only reputable-brand one (aside from official) was the Nyko Portable Docking Kit which is no longer manufactured. That leaves cheap Chinese stuff. Do you have cloud saves?

Captain Flame Guy posted:

There are still a bunch of rumours going around about how they can brick your system, but I'd expect those issues to be ironed out by now.
The problem is there's no licensed docks other than Nintendo's official. So there's always a possibility that a future firmware upgrade could introduce a bug/new behavior that breaks third-party docks, or worse, brick the system. That's simply the result of Nintendo not testing updates against unlicensed accessories. That's basically what happened with Nyko and the 5.0 update. Nyko was replacing bricked Switches, which is nice, but this all predated cloud saves so people were still screwed.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

No. 6 posted:

For those concerned, it's well engineered. There are vents to allow convection cooling. The Switch itself sits in and against the cradle. The USB-C male end has no lateral forces applied, only the standard insertion and removal as designed.

It even makes use of the channel on the rear of the Switch to align the device onto the port.

Unless the tolerances for that bottom slot are perfect (they aren't), the center of gravity hanging out unsupported is going to put some lateral load on that port and plug, even if its static equilibrium has the front lip touching the tablet. Don't like it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Heath posted:

80% are SNK ported garbage.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Will report back in 40 years if I see abnormal wear

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

That dock has so little dock left that there's no reason for it to be a dock. Just have a six inch USB-C cable instead of having the Switch sit in it at all.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I'm glad the dock is big because it makes it possible to use a spiderweb lock to secure the switch into the dock, so they don't get stolen at smash tournaments.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Doesn't securing them together just make it easier to steal both?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Doesn't securing them together just make it easier to steal both?

The panel in back is also locked shut by the spiderweb, meaning you can't unplug the cables at the dock end and you'd have to run out of the venue with the power brick and hdmi dangling off.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

He shouted "No" at my Twitter account too when I asked him if he considered naming his Tim Rogers Roasts video "Timmy Rogers Roasters"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

amazing how tim rogers once graced this site's "worst game journalism" list but eventually figured out his real strengths were in getting weirder and doing primarily video-based content because now he legit owns

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pichu says gently caress your cannon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPZcC0kCj0U

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish the dock was a little bigger and fully covered the screen. I’m always a little anxious my curious cats, that track litter sometimes, will flick a piece into the screen and cause a scratch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

At the end of World of Light; will I be able to do all the endings or will my save file evaporate after beating it

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Just want to recommend the Satisfye grip case again if you play handheld a lot. Seriously loving get it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wish the dock was a little bigger and fully covered the screen. I’m always a little anxious my curious cats, that track litter sometimes, will flick a piece into the screen and cause a scratch.

Screen protector. Required equipment for this king of consoles.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Rbi baseball is on sale for$6 when it first released at $30. The worst thing I can say about it is that the tutorials will freeze the game and there's no rumble. Its an old school arcade baseball game and gets the job done, plus it has updated rosters that don't require nso.

Hand Row posted:

Just want to recommend the Satisfye grip case again if you play handheld a lot. Seriously loving get it.

Also this.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheScott2K posted:

Screen protector. Required equipment for this king of consoles.

My uncoordinated goon hands always put them on wrong and then I end up with distracting bubbles or dust.:smith:

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Spellman posted:

At the end of World of Light; will I be able to do all the endings or will my save file evaporate after beating it

You can do all the endings, also you need to in order to hit 100%

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

did you know that there are people that put screen protectors on their tv?

fuckin psychos

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

did you know that there are people that put screen protectors on their tv?

fuckin psychos

Are these different from the people who never take the plastic film off the bezel?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SettingSun posted:

Are these different from the people who never take the plastic film off the bezel?

If I had a gun with two bullets and was locked in a room with Pol Pot and one of these people I would shoot them twice

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
But then you'd still have to go on living in a world where those people exist though.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I bought a Sega Master System from the flea market a few years ago that still had the original plastic on it and the feeling of peeling it off was satisfying in a sexually-adjacent way I can't describe

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DLC Inc posted:

anybody have Hand of Fate 2 for Switch? on sale for around 22 bux, wondering how people like it

It's a perfectly fine port.
If you like the first one it is just more of the same.

Thankfully the first game was real good.

I have yet to beat it but it's a great way to waste an hour.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Zibidibodel posted:

You can do all the endings, also you need to in order to hit 100%

Ya I've beat every spirit, and won the match as Master Hand just have the 3 paths to the bosses

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

That dock has so little dock left that there's no reason for it to be a dock. Just have a six inch USB-C cable instead of having the Switch sit in it at all.

It would actually own if there was just a cable with a small box I could plug in the bottom and just lie the Switch down in the case I have

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Spellman posted:

Ya I've beat every spirit, and won the match as Master Hand just have the 3 paths to the bosses

That's how I cleared it too then was like "WTF not 100%!?" and realized I needed to do all the endings to get it. Was at like 99.67% without.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

SettingSun posted:

I plan on moving soon so I haven't done it yet! Don't judge!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Do y'all like Everspace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Can someone explain how Lumines works? I can't figure it out from the video on the eShop. It looks like something my wife and I would like playing together.