Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Kvlt! posted:

dude i watched the remake and i didnt even realize that

One is very obvious, the other is more of an Easter Egg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Drunkboxer posted:

I have to drive 11 hours on Saturday so I guess I miss it again. One of these days I’ll catch it live.

I've got work tonight so I'll be missing it too.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to think of possibilities for tonight beyond Silent Night, Deadly Night and I'm not coming up with anything. I guess that's probably it, kinda disappointing actually.

Is there another Christmas themed horror series with multiple sequels?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I'm trying to think of possibilities for tonight beyond Silent Night, Deadly Night and I'm not coming up with anything. I guess that's probably it, kinda disappointing actually.

Ginger Dead Man

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Santa's Slay also has a couple of sequels.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Basebf555 posted:

Krampus owns

Edit: like it's the best "kid friendly" horror movie since gremlins

Pomp fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Dec 21, 2018

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Santa's Slay also has a couple of sequels.

Doesn't seem very Joe Bob-like but I'd be down for a Santa's Slay marathon.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Just a friendly reminder to avoid watching Red Christmas, a bizarrely hateful horror 'comedy' with a bold conservative pro-life message.

edit: Bold as in blatant, not brave.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Franchescanado posted:

Just a friendly reminder to avoid watching Red Christmas, a bizarrely hateful horror 'comedy' with a bold conservative pro-life message.

When I tried to watch it, I found myself thinking it'd be more worthwhile to go scoop my cats' litter box.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

yeah this movie loving sucked BAD. Im always desperate for holiday horror but not only did this movie have a really hateful lovely message it was also just a loving terrible movie.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Franchescanado posted:

I was thinking of checking that out over the weekend, so thank you for the warning.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Fox Searchlight Sets ‘Terrified’ Remake: Guillermo Del Toro, Sacha Gervasi, Director Demián Rugna Team

That's a movie I felt had a decent premise but could've been executed way better than it was.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

drat that’s like record time from release of a foreign movie to Hollywood remake. Hopefully it doesn’t suck like 90% of these tend to

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ho ho ho! It's almost time for the...

I know everyone's excited about Joe Bob's marathon tonight, but if you still have room in your stocking for more holiday horror, Tomorrow at 5:30 EST I'll be streaming 4 holiday horror classics, along with a bunch of holiday themed nonsense in between. Which nonsense? Well...

Gremlins

Black Christmas

Krampus

Silent Night, Deadly Night 2

I hope you can join me on my cytube channel (remember to install the extension if you didn't do it in October or you won't see much), and do join us in the official horror thread Discord!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Lurdiak posted:

I know everyone's excited about Joe Bob's marathon tonight, but if you still have room in your stocking for more holiday horror, Tomorrow at 5:30 EST I'll be streaming 4 holiday horror classics, along with a bunch of holiday themed nonsense in between. Which nonsense? Well...

Gremlins

Black Christmas

Krampus

I hope you can join me on my cytube channel (remember to install the extension if you didn't do it in October or you won't see much), and do join us in the official horror thread Discord!

Yay!

Black Christmas tag line is the best.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 is basically a double feature because 50% of the film is footage from the first movie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Windows 98 posted:

Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 is basically a double feature because 50% of the film is footage from the first movie.

Yeah one year I showed both of them and that is not really necessary. The original is a really good slasher, but if you've seen it once, just watch 2 instead because you get the highlight reel and the stupid bullshit.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I should be around for the stream, pretty stoked.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

We will be watching the Jo Bob Christmas Special come join us and chat

https://discord.gg/7E9m9r

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018
So I just re-watched Halloween 3 and I was always curious, was Ellie replaced by a robot? Or was she always a robot and Tom Atkins hosed a robot without knowing? The latter is way more entertaining to me.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I have always assumed the latter, which is an alternate explanation as to why she couldn't specify how old she was.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

So, I'm watching The Shining again for the first time in a while (thank you thread for talking about it) and I'm a bit curious about some other people's thoughts on one scene.

It's the scene where Danny goes to get his fire truck and Jack calls him over for a minute.

My read on it was always that Jack is genuinely trying to be sweet with his son the best he can but whatever he's going through sort of turns the situation weird.

This time around though I can't tell if it's something genuine or the influence of the hotel\Jack's psychosis. Like he's trying to get Danny to agree that the hotel is where they should be or something like that and reinforce his own thoughts.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh man, have I got a series of videos for you.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Go on...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Not all of em are on YT but this one seems most relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW2GrG7Zk0U

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Not all of em are on YT but this one seems most relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW2GrG7Zk0U

Ok, I really like this video since it's pointing out some things that really did escape my notice. But his explanation of what really happens between Jack talking with Danny and Danny showing up with bruises is a real reach.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's ok, I feel like just pointing out some of other stuff going on is good enough to get you thinking.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Absolutely. And I buy his overall theory too, just not that specific bit. I want to turn around and watch it again now.

The Shining is really fascinating to me on a personal level because Nicholson doing the Jack Torrance character is spot on what my own father was like. Though he was merely physically abusive. Like, I would swear my dad watched The Shining and ripped off the performance for his own dark moments. Very chilling stuff.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Can anyone cite any films that have someone choke another person out using their own intestines?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Riki-Oh has a guy strangle another person with his own intestines.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Windows 98 posted:

Can anyone cite any films that have someone choke another person out using their own intestines?

Riki-Oh

^yeh

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Origami Dali posted:

Riki-Oh

^yeh

That drat movie has almost any gore scene you can imagine. It's impressive.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

TheKingslayer posted:

Absolutely. And I buy his overall theory too, just not that specific bit. I want to turn around and watch it again now.

The Shining is really fascinating to me on a personal level because Nicholson doing the Jack Torrance character is spot on what my own father was like. Though he was merely physically abusive. Like, I would swear my dad watched The Shining and ripped off the performance for his own dark moments. Very chilling stuff.

The whininess and petulance of Jack Torrance is something that rings very true.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Machete has that cool bit where he uses a dudes intestine to swing around a building.

Also I once wrote a Deadpool fan film where he uses his own gut to choke a dude. Never got anywhere but I hope someone steals it. It’s so silly.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh! Another The Shining related thing. I don't know if it's been stated in any interviews but is it just a coincidence that Chucky has a passing resemblance to Jack Torrance and Douriff seems to borrow some of the mannerisms? Like the yells Jack does before swinging the axe?

Granted I could just be mucking up my memory of Chucky stuff.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Gremlins

Black Christmas

Krampus

The x-mas horror stream is going live in less than 10 minutes, so grab a cup of Hot Jones and tune in!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

That drat movie has almost any gore scene you can imagine. It's impressive.

To avoid an x rating all the gore scenes are completely tinted red in the theatrical print. When I first moved to LA, Edgar Wright screened a 35mm print of it at the New Beverly with the red tinted scenes. Seeing that movie in a packed theater was awesome.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ruddiger posted:

To avoid an x rating all the gore scenes are completely tinted red in the theatrical print. When I first moved to LA, Edgar Wright screened a 35mm print of it at the New Beverly with the red tinted scenes. Seeing that movie in a packed theater was awesome.

That feels like a time to break out the flask and cackle.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Holy poo poo, the Joe Bob Briggs Christmas thing was the Phantasm series (except part 2 for some obscure licensing reason, I assume).

Anybody watch this? Are parts 4 & 5 watchable with the commentary? Part 4 was bad enough that I didn’t bother with 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, our crew is doing a horror marathon for Christmas and New Year's Eve, not a themed one however. I actually haven't watched Horror movies in a loooong time, so recommend me some good ones from the last ten years. I am down for anything that doesn't involve animal cruelty.