Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie should look into a more Naruto focused channel, a consistent brand is the bedrock of any good channel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
oof

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1076224188204154882

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

It's some good fanart though.

https://twitter.com/IsquaredArt/status/1076180705002967040

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ohhhh. I thought it was Ashita no Joe.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It is, but more people know it from GL than Ashita no Joe which is what GL pulled it from

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

RareAcumen posted:

Ohhhh. I thought it was Ashita no Joe.

Well, it's a reference to a scene in Gurren Lagann that referenced Ashita no Joe so it sort of is.

Has Woolie ever seen Ashita no Joe?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, if you guys have any suggestions for SBFP LPs people should watch and why, please post them here and I'll edit my second post accordingly. I have some ideas but I'll be traveling for Xmas and it might take me a while to properly format stuff.

I also need to do a second pass on the OP.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Well, it's a reference to a scene in Gurren Lagann that referenced Ashita no Joe so it sort of is.

Has Woolie ever seen Ashita no Joe?

I think he watch megalo box

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Dias posted:

Hey, if you guys have any suggestions for SBFP LPs people should watch and why, please post them here and I'll edit my second post accordingly. I have some ideas but I'll be traveling for Xmas and it might take me a while to properly format stuff.

Crymetina Critques and the Super Seduce stream are pretty much my favorite Matt stuff so far. There isn't an independent playlist for Super Seducer though. Leanna making fun of fashions and the outright mocking of PUA's is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAhVbxo8uf0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=playlist

For Pat the best intro has to what he has titled Scumbag Streams. Him opening lootboxes while people enable his addiction.

If you're going to include Paige it has to be RE5. The shadow puzzles are the quality you can expect from her.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 22, 2018

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

Omikron
Afro Samurai 2
Deadly Premonition
Bully
LA Noire
D4
Disaster Report
Metal Wolf Chaos
NBA 2K16 Story Mode
Ride to Hell
Shadow the Hedgehog
Silent Hill Downpour and Homecoming
Tony Hawk Undeground 1
Prison Break

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dias posted:

Nier (Liam + Pat), FFX (Matt + Woolie), Ride To Hell (Matt + Pat), Until Dawn (Matt + Pat), MMX Command Mission (Woolie + Liam), A Way Out (Pat + Woolie), any of the Soulsbornes (though should probably go through them chronologically, so 2 > Bloodborne > 3 > 1) (Pat+Woolie with Matt as occasional guest), Evil Within 1 and 2 (Matt + Pat), all of The Walking Dead (Matt + Pat), and the Sadness Saga (Heavy Rain > Indigo Prophecy > Beyond: Two Souls > Woolie's Heavy Rain Stream > Omikron > Detroit > Detroit: 2nd Gig).

Those are all my quickest hits, most of it is more recent but it's all still really good.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 22, 2018

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I remember really liking the original Walking Dead LP.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Dias posted:

sadness trilogy, re4, nier (2010), ride to hell, CRYME TYME, def jam, nba 2k16, sonic adventure

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why does everyone keep forgetting PRISON BREAK

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Dias posted:

Will repost my "intend to rewatch" list of LPs here just in case it helps you out.

Eternal Darkness
Chrono Trigger
XCOM
Dark Souls 2, 3, Demons Souls, Blood Bourne
Parasite Eve (+2)
Super Mario Bros RPG
Metroid Fusion
Alien Soldier
The Evil Within (+2)
Call of Cthulhu
Omikron
Mario Party 9 Brawl
Deadly Premonition
The Last of Us
Man Vs Wild
Ride to Hell
The Nuzlocke Run
Undertale
Heavy Rain
Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Escape from Bug Island
Final Fantasy X
Soma
Rule of Rose

Edit: These are in no particular order, of course.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Really hoping superbeast has more Plague/Paige

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Friendship ended with Pat

Now Liam is my super best friend

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

beep by grandpa posted:

Friendship ended with Pat

Now Liam is my super best friend

I mean, Liam and Matt were best friends first.

So it's more like "Original Best Friends Play."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ApeHawk posted:

I mean, Liam and Matt were best friends first.

So it's more like "Original Best Friends Play."

Lore states that Pat and Woolie were actually the Original Best Friends, Matt and Liam just really hit it off when Liam became a part of the channel.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
How long was it until Woolie and Liam joined the channel, anyway?

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Dias posted:

As soon as I think about this, I've forgotten almost every Let's Play I've ever seen but whatever.

The Sadness Saga
Since you said "and why" I'm now going to go into the "and why" for every David Cage game.

Heavy Rain (Matt and Pat): They did a Machinima video for this too and the jokes kept coming, so they decided to do a full LP. Pat defends this game more often than he probably should, and to be fair (in my opinion), Heavy Rain is the least worst one because it cuts out the Mystical Bullshit that Cage can never seem to get right and, blessedly, this game has only one real antagonist with a bunch of red herrings. It's still nonsense but it's more heavily edited nonsense and it gets some good bits from the boys, especially since Pat knows the lore behind what was written out.

Indigo Prophecy (Matt, Pat, Woolie): This is where the "the apartment is attacking the protagonist" bit comes from. The game starts off very strong, we ride in so high, and then it divebombs around the halfway mark. Mayan cults! Demons, I think?? The end of the world, I guess? Aliens, too! And A.I. monsters? Why the gently caress not?! It's David Cage Unleashed. Why do people defend this game again?

Beyond: Two Souls (Matt, Pat, Woolie): Lord, this loving game. After Heavy Rain, Cage comes back with his Mystical Bullshit again, this time about a girl and her ghost. Somehow roping in Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe (yes, really) to act in his mo-capped 8-hour-long movie, not only does Cage bring us a story about the world's most unfortunate girl and all that implies with his track record for writing women, he brings it to us in non-chronological order. Yikes. The boys spice things up by controlling the two characters separately. Pat is a little girl and Woolie is his Stand. Matt refuses to by in to how hype this is and, to be fair, he's right. This is where they start taking bets on what's going to happen given their past experience with the Cageverse.

Omikron: The Nomad Soul (Matt, Pat, Woolie): Before Cage experimented with a more cinematic format, there was Omikron. An adventure game spanning an open fantasy/sci-fi world with puzzles and two vastly different modes for combat. It's, uh....bad. Entertainingly bad, but there's still so much lore and backstory that you actually have to read in the sometimes-used almost unreadable font that what's happening at any given time is exhausting to keep track of. If you want a more thorough, less torturous playthrough, supergreatfriend did an LP as well, and he did a pretty reasonable job of keeping up with what was happening. But SGF is a very different breed of LPer, more like the calm eye of a hurricane as he plays through vast quantities of "bad games". For comparison, it takes the combined powers of the Best Friends to get through this mess of a game, Woolie for the melee fighting, Pat for the shooty bits, and Matt for, like, just walking around in this game, man. There's a game-breaking bug that's basically a rowdy hitbox that sticks out way too far. This game is bad but hey, David Bowie's in it.

Detroit: Become Human and 2nd Gig (Matt, Pat, Woolie): Hey! Did you want Cage to write a story about the struggles of modern day racism, but with robots? No? Me neither! But here we are, and by now, the Best Friends are contractually obligated to play this. Interestingly, at the end of every chapter, you get to see what choices lead you down which paths, and that's where 2nd Gig comes in, since the Best Friends try another playthrough and do things differently. Matt has mostly checked out but that's okay because it leads us to Woolie and Pat trying to murder each other with Markus and, um, fuckin, what's his face, I forgot. Honestly, if Cage dropped the racism allegories and had it just be a story about a robot cop and his human partner, this game would have been pretty good. But we didn't get that! Too bad!

Other Games

SH: Downpour (Matt and Pat): This is where the legendary axe-throwing joke comes from, so please see this. I honestly forgot where this game fits into the canon or what its about except...prison. And the enemies aren't very good! Yeah!

SH: Homecoming (Matt and Pat): Homecoming is also Very Bad, but there's enough happening that the boys can keep us entertained regardless. I kinda forgot how this goes too except for some spoilers and also the cult is back and explained further? Honestly sometimes I just put on the Silent Hill lps for background noise, idk.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Woolie and Matt): It's good!! Really! It's long but please! Please watch or I'll be sad.

Eternal Darkness (Matt and Pat): This was one of the first horror games I've ever played. It's Lovecraft minus Lovecraft, essentially, with battles across time against ancient, eldritch deities and it's sick as hell. You play as Alex Roivas and a whole host of other characters across time using the Tome of Eternal Darkness. I dunno, it's good to see the boys play through a game so close to my heart, even if it's a little janky. Plus, you can make really cool spells!

Bug Island (Matt and Pat): This was on the Shitstorm and is honestly a game that is so their brand it induces a kind of awe in me. It's directly up their alley and it's basically a bunch of dumb teens are stuck on an island filled with mutant bugs. It's great! Give it a watch, why don't you.

The Yakuza series (Matt and Pat): Nothing is better than watching them react to any number of dumb, goofy bullshit that happens in this series, along with the serious dramatic bullshit. Best Friends and Yakuza just go together like peanut butter and jelly. Match made in heaven, babey.

Deadly Premonition (Matt and Pat): I personally lean more toward sgf's way more thorough playthrough, but this one is still tons of fun just because of the goofy SWERY bullshit that happens. Matt liked it so much, he named his cat after a main character.

Until Dawn (Matt and Pat): This game feels like it should be really dumb and bad but it isn't, and what's even better is that the boys manage to stumble their way into saving everyone. Is that a spoiler? Who cares! This game also has a system where you can see how your choices effect the game and, more important, it did it before Detroit.

Metal Wolf Chaos (Matt and Pat): THE PRESIDENT HAS TO TAKE BACK HIS COUNTRY BY FIGHTING IN A GIANT ROBOT. WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED??

Metal Gear Rising: Revengance (Matt and Pat): This is just fun to watch no matter who plays it but also please watch, if you haven't. Pls.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 22, 2018

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?
The Punisher is one of their best LPs, if only for the sheer level of knowledge that Matt has about the Punisher. And the jank, of course.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

CRYME TYME owns just for the intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqW1HdNz0Eo

:swoon:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

Lore states that Pat and Woolie were actually the Original Best Friends, Matt and Liam just really hit it off when Liam became a part of the channel.

Nope! Liam worked with Woolie Matt and Crymetina at their game testing job

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

God drat those are perfect

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah but didn't pat know woolie in like high school

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

And their supervisor had to keep separating Woolie and Liam because they would just goof off instead of working if they were on the same assignment :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57hJfweW_2t-vHWWeqjY2SKH4vaqotZ6

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57hJfweW_2tm2u4zIbi-bcQB8bgP1gdK

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57hJfweW_2sxwbx16yXj2_zWfdSMPyjg

"It's fine"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dias posted:

Basically Pat and Woolie were super good friends for a long time. Matt tried to get Woolie in on a Kirby video and Woolie wasn't able to but "Hey I know a guy" and roped Pat into it instead and that's where that started.

I mean probably well known but Woolie really was the core of the group even from day one.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Basically Pat and Woolie were super good friends for a long time. Matt tried to get Woolie in on a Kirby video and Woolie wasn't able to but "Hey I know a guy" and roped Pat into it instead and that's where that started.

I mean probably well known but Woolie really was the core of the group even from day one.

You talk about your Kirby lore. You talk about your Dream Friends.

But in the end, the real Star Ally was Woolie all along.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Woolie has already been the backbone of the Best Friends. He's always felt like the guy doing the majority of the work to me, next to Matt, and probably even more so since Liam left and Matt lost interest.

I can't imagine the channel having lasted this long if Woolie wasn't a member of the group.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
At the very, very least he's the one who kept fisticuffs and the podcast running. Both would've died in ten weeks tops.

https://twitter.com/memeticoutlaw/status/1076599427287183361?s=19

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 22, 2018

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Woolie is such a great dude- rolls with the punches, shows up for work every day, keeps his commitments and is always trying to improve himself. Every guy needs a friend like Woolie

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I've been known to dump on Woolie but he's never been a bad dude.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I love how this has turned into the Woolie Madden Appreciation Station. :3:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

At the very, very least he's the one who kept fisticuffs and the podcast running. Both would've died in ten weeks tops.

He did all the insane package pick-ups for the mailbags too, and I’m pretty sure he was in charge of the social media for a while.

Dude’s a hard as hell worker.

EDIT: He’s the one that typed up the apology when the ‘nothing sword’ incident happened with the mailbag, too.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 23, 2018

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie is live: https://www.twitch.tv/woolieversus

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

"DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN MY FRIENDS!!!" :vince:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 23, 2018

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Here's one I took of the entire moment:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyAgreeablePresidentTTours

:negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The hysterical laughter to sad "ooooh" is funny and sad at the same time.

E: Woolie is adopting Billy. He'll truly still be tied to everyone

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Now that he points it out, the level where Kirby has to ditch its youtube career to reach the next level and he turned to the camera to say "life changing is always scary, but you made so much progress and learned a lot in this stage, Woolie Darlington Madden. Poyo." felt like it was trying to say something.