Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

every freaking fighter is like "this will all be fine as long as i don't take a direct hit from wakatsuki" and then they go and take a direct hit from wakatsuki. waht the heck guys

It rules, becouse Wakatsuki's thing is being very good at punching and this manga correctly shows that "being very good at punching" doesn't just mean that you can punch hard, but also that you can get your punches to land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Lt. Lizard posted:

It rules, becouse Wakatsuki's thing is being very good at punching and this manga correctly shows that "being very good at punching" doesn't just mean that you can punch hard, but also that you can get your punches to land.

Yeah, I'm very curious to see how this fight turns out because I've really liked how strength in battle is portrayed in this manga and now we have a punch real good dude vs our protagonist so far with his fancy anime moves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm real curious how all the very good at punching fighters would do against Gaolang. i really want to see adam fight again

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Adam would destroy Ohma, and it is Ohma's hubris that he doesn't realize this. In fact, Gensai/Fang will realize this, and they will defeat him with Adam's techniques and say "it was your overconfidence that you could defeat Adam that lead to this."

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Jose posted:

i'm real curious how all the very good at punching fighters would do against Gaolang. i really want to see adam fight again

I'd like to see Wakatsuki vs Gaolang!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

we're getting nogi's backstory now

https://mangadex.org/chapter/503343/1

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Jose posted:

we're getting nogi's backstory now

https://mangadex.org/chapter/503343/1

who gives a gently caress about that when we just saw :siren: kaneda's eyes :siren:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

oh poo poo, kazzys getting a flashback that goes where no flashback has gone before

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This will be great material for Tomoko’s headcanon

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This fight owns and it's no surprise Kazzy's ancestor is a hunk

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I think the biggest suprise of the tournament so far is that Hassad didnt do anything. He got a highlight chapter in Kengan Ashura Zero... did that come out during the comics run or after it finished?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I think the biggest suprise of the tournament so far is that Hassad didnt do anything. He got a highlight chapter in Kengan Ashura Zero... did that come out during the comics run or after it finished?

During, after the first round those chapters were released.
The whole team deserves any break they want, they have been arguably the single most consistent scanlation group I've followed. And daily releases of a single series is already insane on it's own, they keep up with multiple series.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
When does volume 27 come out?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
This makes Nogi's face when Kazzy asked if he was going to be a fighter much, much funnier.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I like how this twist is going.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I really wasn't looking forward to a "Kazzy's family used to be nobles" twist. "Kazzy's ancestor was a Kengan fighter" is a much better twist imho.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Meinberg posted:

I really wasn't looking forward to a "Kazzy's family used to be nobles" twist. "Kazzy's ancestor was a Kengan fighter" is a much better twist imho.

Kazzy is going to unlock the hidden fighting power embedded in his genes and sub in for Ohma in the last match. That's what the introduction of the sub rule has been building towards.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
He's going to use his super kinetic vision to KO Agito with the perfect counter.

Aug 24, 2011

Poltergrift posted:

This makes Nogi's face when Kazzy asked if he was going to be a fighter much, much funnier.

where is this page/face

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

where the red fern gropes posted:

where is this page/face

chapter 2, pages 20 & 21

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
Another bit of foreshadowing on the bottom of this page from chapter 29; in hindsight, it would be weird for Nogi to be referring to himself in the third person.

Aug 24, 2011

VgameT posted:

Another bit of foreshadowing on the bottom of this page from chapter 29; in hindsight, it would be weird for Nogi to be referring to himself in the third person.

i thought he was referring to nogi group

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kazzy owns

https://mangadex.org/chapter/503863/1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

kazzy owns

Aug 24, 2011

Jose posted:

kazzy owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gensai and fang are going to have to completely gently caress each other up for ohma to have a chance at beating them

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

His visual acuity allowed him to see through Nogi's bullshit logic instantly!

Kazzy is too powerful.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

i thought he was referring to nogi group
Well now it makes sense that he was referring to both family lines.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
I like that Kazzy's incredible visual acuity was foreshadowed back when they had to pick brackets, and Kazzy picks an absurdly high number, thinking it bugged out and slowed down a little so he could pick it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Exercu posted:

I like that Kazzy's incredible visual acuity was foreshadowed back when they had to pick brackets, and Kazzy picks an absurdly high number, thinking it bugged out and slowed down a little so he could pick it.

He actually asks about this

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

verbal enema posted:

He actually asks about this

He does, it's just nice that it was actually set up instead of suddenly being a thing.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kazzy will sub himself into the final and take his glasses off to reveal his final form and monster whoever his opponent is

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Fang going "I gotsa see this" at the demonsbane nonchalantly is amazing.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I like how Raian is on team Ohma now. Which is to say team loving up other people

I really like the world building in this manga and how even side characters feel like real people and not just props for the main character

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 21, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a lot better if you got beaten by the champion than by the guy who gets beaten by the guy who gets beaten by the champion.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/504297 Name drop!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Do It For Her meme but it's pictures of Kazzy instead.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Wakatsuki is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Pewdiepie posted:

Wakatsuki is bullshit.
ohma's account found