Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'd still lean towards fake but who knows during leak season.

Precure always takes New Years off so it's going to be 49 episodes though chances are 49 is the crossover episode for the next season so the actual ending will be 48

Precure does actual crossovers with the following year's team (ala some Kamen Rider shows) in series now, when did that start being a thing? I thought usually the next year's Pink would just make a cameo in the last episode (sometimes) followed by a Sentai-style hand-off at the end.

The designs and names do fit next years theme though (space and imagination) as does the fairy being named after Galileo. Also, both this and the other one I posted earlier that turned out to be fake feature a unicorn fairy so I'm guessing at least some aspects are legit though we'll see. Regardless, now that the space theme has basically bee confirmed thanks to the official website I'm curious if the team will ever leave Earth at some point and/or whether at least one of the members will be an alien (we've had several fairy and one robot Cure after all so why not).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Dec 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Only leak I've heard is the potential for a brown/black precure

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Only leak I've heard is the potential for a brown/black precure

Brown would honestly work better in this series than it would in Sentai and we haven't had a Black Cure since Happiness Charge so I'd be down for that personally. In fact, as far as I can remember Cure Black and Cure Tender are the only Black Cures so far (unless you want to count Dark Cure from Heartcatch) and the former is officially counted as a Pink.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Dec 13, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No, I mean, like literally darker skin precure girl

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No, I mean, like literally darker skin precure girl

Ah, well that'd be nice too (we've already gotten our first official male Cure in the current series after all).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Another potential Star Twinkle image has come out:

Given the quality of the artstyle this one seems a bit more legit than the others (it also ties into the rumors of a dark skinned Cure that have popped up recently) but we'll see of course. Out of curiosity since I only got into the franchise recently, how long did it take before we started getting legitimate Hugtto-related material?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Dec 15, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

We had legitimate Hugtto spoilers earlier last year. They usually hit around when we get Sentai spoilers so it's a bit odd we haven't had any yet

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

We had legitimate Hugtto spoilers earlier last year. They usually hit around when we get Sentai spoilers so it's a bit odd we haven't had any yet

Weird, but my guess is that we'll start getting some by the end of the month/early January. Like I said, the picture I posted looks a lot more legit than any of the other supposed designs so far but we'll see.

Speaking of Hugtto, I'm impressed at how progressive this show is. For example, in almost any other anime Henri would be a joke character but here he's not really treated any differently from the rest. Hell, we even got our first male Cure (or first officially named one at least, there was also "Cure Waffle" from KiraKira) though I'm not sure how I'd feel about one being a permanent fixture on the team. I don't know if the current writers have worked on Precure before but I want them back for Star Twinkle.

I was a little unsure of Hugtto's premise at first but provided it sticks the landing it may become one of my favorite seasons.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Dec 15, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okay we finally have real leaks confirmed

https://twitter.com/aers00/status/1074621136770523136

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gyaru Precure then, I guess.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Alright looks like the image I posted before was real then:

Not a bad look and it's nice to finally have a dark skinned Cure at any rate.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

We apparently have names for our new Cures as well:

Pink: Cure Star
Blue: Cure Milky
Purple: Cure Selene
Yellow: Cure Soleil

Good to know Pretty Cure in Space has been confirmed (with a dose of IMAGINATION as well given the tagline on the website). Looking forward to seeing more and hopefully it'll be as good as the last two seasons were.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blue looks more green than blue.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

She's kind of teal-colored, not really sure if she counts as a Blue or a Green to be honest (if the latter this would be the first season without a Blue since I think Maho Girls).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Maho does have a blue member, two in fact. They're just a transformation, is all.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Cure Milky is the first time they've reused part of another Cures name right?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

Maho does have a blue member, two in fact. They're just a transformation, is all.

Ah, first since Splash Star then (or the original if you count the Sisters).

Also since this is clearly space themed I'm curious if the team will ever actually leave Earth at some point during the season.

Not sure about Cures but I know they've reused some names before (there's about three separate Land of Sweets for example).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 17, 2018

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Nodosaur posted:

In asia, blue and green are the same.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Cure Milky is the first time they've reused part of another Cures name right?

She wasn't part of the team and I think it was spelled a bit differently but there was another Cure Angè in HeartCatch.

Also as Star Twinkle is slated for February and (as I understand it) Precure typically takes New Years off that means roughly 49 episodes of Hugtto in total.

My guess is we'll be diving straight into the endgame following next week's Christmas special. Hopefully Hugtan/Cure Tomorrow will regain her original age and powers and be able to fight alongside the team in the final battle (I'm not holding my breath on Infini coming back though it would be nice).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Dec 17, 2018

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Somewhere Milky Rose is making a :colbert: face at this entire "Cure Milky" situation.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some information on next year's All Stars movie:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-12-18/toei-outlines-march-precure-miracle-universe-film/.140962

Speaking of which, the previous film (Super Stars) still hasn't been subbed by anyone yet has it (which is weird since it's been out on DVD since early this year)?

Also if that little blurb at the end is correct then Hasbro apparently currently owns the rights to the series in America. I'm curious if that means that their going to try their hand at dubbing the series again (if they do hopefully it'll be better handled than Smile and DokiDoki were at least).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 18, 2018

Rakanishu
Jun 12, 2006
Rakanishu!!
"Super Stars" was subbed by the french group PrettyTrad a while ago. If you can read french, you might want to look at their website.
Otherwise, if you're looking for english only, then I'm afraid I never found a sub for that either... :(

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rakanishu posted:

"Super Stars" was subbed by the french group PrettyTrad a while ago. If you can read french, you might want to look at their website.
Otherwise, if you're looking for english only, then I'm afraid I never found a sub for that either... :(

Huh, I'm curious why that one movie is the only Precure related thing nobody seems to have touched yet (aside from a pair of audio dramas where the Futari Wa girls meet the Dekarangers and Magirangers respectively that is, no idea if they're available anywhere but I know they do exist).

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Larryb posted:

Huh, I'm curious why that one movie is the only Precure related thing nobody seems to have touched yet (aside from a pair of audio dramas where the Futari Wa girls meet the Dekarangers and Magirangers respectively that is, no idea if they're available anywhere but I know they do exist).

The regular subber for Huggto doesn't like the movie, and decided to let someone else sub it. No one's made the attempt yet.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Civilian forms (if you really look closely). Plus six different colored toys in the bottom left might be hinting at two mid-season Cures.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pink looks kind of like an older Emiru while Blue and Purple look almost identical (maybe they're sisters or something). I don't think Precure has ever really done sibling Cures to my knowledge unless you count the Sisters from Splash Star and "Cure Waffle" from Kira Kira.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 22, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Pink looks kind of like an older Emiru while Blue and Purple look almost identical (maybe they're sisters or something).

Yellow has an oddly similar haircut too.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Another image:

Of note:

The blue mascot looks based off of a UFO or something ( :kimchi: ) and is named Purunsu and the white mascot is Fuwa.
The teal Cure has pointed ears... maybe an alien?

Pikestaff fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 22, 2018

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Pikestaff posted:

The teal Cure has pointed ears... maybe an alien?

Wouldn't surprise me given the whole space theme. Plus, we've already proven in the past that fairies, robots, stuffed toys, and even sometimes men can be Cures so why not?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Dec 22, 2018

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The civilian forms and names:

Pink: Cure Star (Hikaru Hoshina)
Blue: Cure Milky (Lala Hakoromo)
Yellow: Cure Soleil (Elena Amamiya)
Purple: Cure Selene (Madoka Kaguya)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 22, 2018

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

Ayup, Lala is totally an alien Cure.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Any bets of Elena being just a normal sun tanning gyaru or a Hispanic/Filipina hafu that dyes her hair?

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Larryb posted:

AFAIK Elena isn't a typical Japanese name so this lends me hope that maybe she's biracial? :allears: I'm really excited for this season.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

No Lala isn't an alien, Lala is God! (Pripara joke)

Elena as name makes me think she's the first main roster cure that isn't from Japan and also isn't a fairy/robot too

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 22, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Her last name's still Japanese so she's probably half-and-half and her drama will be about one of her parents not being around or her moving to Japan recently, or whatever.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

I imagine that's probably the case and we've had Cures like that before (Urara/Cure Lemonade is half French and that was kind of a plot point) but speaking as someone who is also half-and-half I will take it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I get Pink and Purple (the former contains the word Hoshi, or "Star" and Kaguya is a Japanese folktale about a princess on the moon) but what are the puns in Blue and Yellow's names?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Larryb posted:

I get Pink and Purple (the former contains the word Hoshi, or "Star" and Kaguya is a Japanese folktale about a princess on the moon) but what are the puns in Blue and Yellow's names?

I think 'Ama' means 'shine', as in 'Amaterasu'.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Larryb posted:

Hakoromo is very close to Hagoromo, the clothing of tennin, people of the heavens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Not sure if this was intentional or not but I just realized that three quarters of the Star Twinkle team are basically named after the stars of previous magical girl shows that aren't Toei-based:

-Hikaru - Magic Knight Rayearth
-Lala - Fancy Lala
-Madoka - Puella Magi Madoka Magica