Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

There might be a Crash Team Racing remaster announced during the Game Awards...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Plutonis posted:

lol no wonder they cancelled E3.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

who the heck played rear end team racing? (that's what I call crash team racing)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

who the heck played rear end team racing? (that's what I call crash team racing)
knuc starts walking this direction but then stops and turns around disappointedly.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

I feel sorry for you if you haven’t.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

its the single player mario kart for the sad kids, in the lineage with diddy kong racing and sonic transformed

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Plutonis posted:

Hell yes. The arena battle mode should be in every racer.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ppl say ctr is good but i think its just ptsd from the bad cart racers during the 32bit and n64 era. Trash! All trash!

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ppl say ctr is good but i think its just ptsd from the bad cart racers during the 32bit and n64 era. Trash! All trash!

i liked it but yeah it's probably just that mk64 was bad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

it is pretty good as kart racers go. actually i rememebr it getting a bit of poo poo in english gaming magazines cos of it being a mario kart clone, but its good. it has good tracks and the powerslide mechanic is nice

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

OnRush is free on ps+ this month, it's pretty fun. You know how in Super Meat Boy all your deaths are played simultaneously at the end of a level? It's like that meets Burnout

Soma is free as well but I can't play scary games

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Iconoclasts is free as well, just listed under Vita games even though it's cross play on PS4. It's pretty good, cool boss fights and great writing and music. I'm excited to try Onrush and glad I didn't spend $40 on it

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i need to start playing these plus games because i actually remembered to stop the auto renew on my subscription

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i want to play iconoclasts but i'd rather wait until its on sale for 15 bux on steam than pay for psn again :twisted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Iconoclasts still listed as regular price for me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Iconoclasts still listed as regular price for me

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1274-PCSE01177_00-ICONOCLASTS00000

For some reason only the Vita version is showing up as Free. If you log in and claim it in the browser store you should be able to go to the Library section on your PS4 and download it for free

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Arigato go soy my assu.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Onrush is pretty creative. I like the idea of a team-based driving game that's not really a racing game and not really a vehicle combat game either

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://twitter.com/nitomatta/status/1073314640744964096?s=21

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

elf help book posted:

its the single player mario kart for the sad kids, in the lineage with diddy kong racing and sonic transformed

wait i dont think its single player dude. i remember playing this with friends and my dad as a lad. maybe no one wanted to play with you..

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

elf help book posted:

yeah, dont talk poo poo about a classic game if you cant back it up bitch

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ctr was good.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ctr was good.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ctr was really good

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Doesn't hold up well without analog controls imo.

I had MK64 as a kid but preferred diddykong racing. At least the vehicles were polygons

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pretty sure 90% of my mk64 playtime was block fort

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/video_snes_classic_runs_psone_games_better_than_the_playstation_classic

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The summary is, Sony designed a system that can "barely" play its own games. In contrast, the SNES Classic is packing additional power to ensure it can handle its own collection of games.

Thank you Sony

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the snes classic is garbage

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

my mom likes it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whatever pirate

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I found my ps1 at my parents but lost one of my parasite eve discs and am v sad about it.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I have the psone that has the official Sony screen and it's one of my favorite things ever

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Something about the ps1 opening sound irks me and I rush to mute it as the machine boots every time

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceAceJase posted:

Something about the ps1 opening sound irks me and I rush to mute it as the machine boots every time

it sounds like what I'd imagine it sounds like when you turn the power off at a huge generating plant

the original xbox easily has the worst sounding boot up audio though

gamecube is my favorite but a close second is the ps3 because I always loved whatever that sound is whenever an orchestra starts playing their instruments at the same time

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

SpaceAceJase posted:

This is hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
maybe he just thinks it's loud

I liked the Wii startup/menu music but it was like 10x louder than anything ever hooked up to a TV ever was so that poo poo got old quick