Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
If there's ever a Blizzard rep and it's not The Lost Vikings it probably won't be without a vicious, bloody fight to the death within Blizzard HQ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Overwatch feels too flavor-of-the-month to deserve a rep, I feel like. Persona has a long and sustained history and exceeding popularity in Japan, but Overwatch is sort of like the blockbuster action movie of video games--sustained popularity, but it didn't particularly influence the genre or medium outside of a few imitators. I'd buy into a Doom rep before an Overwatch one for a character from a first person shooter.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Samus Aran has been in every game in the series

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

less laughter posted:

Samus Aran has been in every game in the series

That wasn't an FPS until the filthy western gaijins at Retro Studios got their hamburger holders on it.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the only good blizzard character ever created and consequently the only valid smash representation is murky the murloc

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://twitter.com/rockcock64/status/1076653051958779904

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

If there was Bethesda rep it would most likely be either Dovahkiin or Vault Boy. Getting the Doom Slayer would be awesome though.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

wafflemoose posted:

If there was Bethesda rep it would most likely be either Dovahkiin or Vault Boy. Getting the Doom Slayer would be awesome though.

Yes, the one place Skyrim hasn't been ported to: the Smash Ultimate roster.

Honestly though I could see Vault Boy getting in. Fallout's always been a popular franchise since its first inception well before Bethesda's meddling with it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Bayonetta opened the door for all the guns so yes Doomslayer please

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I unironically want an Undertale character in Smash.

Not Sans, though. Undyne.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Pakled posted:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pakled posted:

It'll be Papyrus, fan favorite and new member of the royal guard!

edit: It won't be Doomslayer. Bethesda deserves nothing

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Pakled posted:

it'll be Mad Mew Mew as an Incineroar or Mewtwo echo

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Blazkowicz

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Yes, the one place Skyrim hasn't been ported to: the Smash Ultimate roster.

Honestly though I could see Vault Boy getting in. Fallout's always been a popular franchise since its first inception well before Bethesda's meddling with it.

Yes, put the character of the series best known for ending the world with nuclear bombs, I'm sure that will work out great in Japan

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Theta Zero posted:

It's a shame Valve only cares about Dota 2 and money.

But hey, at least you get to enjoy Half Life 3...as ported to Pastebin!

If a tf2 cast got into smash Sakurai, in his insane desire to emulate home games as much as possible, who have to record like 40 lines of dialogue for killing each other cast member.

That alone makes me want the scout in. Imagine all the new scout voice lines.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

BETHESDA DESERVES NOTHING

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Parrotine posted:

Yes, put the character of the series best known for ending the world with nuclear bombs, I'm sure that will work out great in Japan

You can wear a Viridi hat

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Parrotine posted:

Actually, Fallout has a strictly anti-nuclear narrative within its writing and is pretty popular and sells fairly well in Japan, possibly due to how its message resonates with people whose ancestors were directly affected by nuclear explosions, if they have much opinion on the matter to begin with. The early Fallouts also being great games helps, too.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Parrotine posted:

I mean...yeah? Like the good fall out s are explicitly about how the old world and the wars of old were awful and hosed up the world and now everyone is trying rebuild because they ruined everything.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Put in Ganbare Goemon

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Bethesda's open-world games do pretty well in Japan, as I understand it, so anything from that wouldn't necessarily be a literally-who to the Japanese market. That being said, I've given up on trying to predict anything that happens next because it's more fun being blindsided by whoever Sakurai and team adapt next.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Put in Ganbare Goemon

Ebisimaru or bust.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Actually kind of surprised they didn't sneak in any Goemon spirits alongside all the Konami stuff, now that I think of it.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Had my first online match ever and it was a team thing apparently. I did not win but I was the last one alive with the winner. I was too panicked to learn much from it other than people don't really take Dedede seriously enough in a match with multiple fighters.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://twitter.com/trueRyuga/status/1076392095047401472

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Pictured: me excitedly reacting to the next DLC character:

Also pictured: me excitedly reacting to the very next DLC which one-ups the last one:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Anyone know where to find a list of spirits that corresponds to the one in game? I can see the holes in the list, so I know the "number" of the spirits I'm missing, but I can't find an online version of the in game list to compare it to.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yoshi's Nair has to be the most one-size-fits-all attack in the game, it's going to out prioritize everything you to, comes out in -3 frames, has no lag, combos into itself, if that giant loving boot doesn't have a big enough hitbox for you don't worry because it extends all the way to his head and rear end. Playing with Yoshi feels braindead as hell.

The only character I managed to 9.9 classic with

Also having the easy monster hunter boss helps

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cool thanks online matchmaking for pairing me up with the same Simon player that was apparently on dial up a second time, despite specifically NOT rematching and going back to the character select screen. :thumbsup:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pakled posted:

Tired: undertale rep

Wired: deltarune rep

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Cool thanks online matchmaking for pairing me up with the same Simon player that was apparently on dial up a second time, despite specifically NOT rematching and going back to the character select screen. :thumbsup:

This has happened to me more than once, which makes me suspect that maybe you don't quite leave your queue even after backing out to the CSS.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

Tired: undertale rep

Wired: deltarune rep

I at the very least hope there will be Deltarune music. Gotta have Jevil's theme up in this bitch

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The only character I managed to 9.9 classic with

Also having the easy monster hunter boss helps

Easiest is Kirby. All 1v1 fights, you can win by being stupid aggressive due to his mode's gimmick, and his final boss us definitely easier than the others.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

One or more consoles are not responding. A communication error has occurred.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Look, I'll be honest. If at next Blizzcon, we get a Thrall trailer for Smash, I'd go nuts from the hype.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's too much music in this game

I can't decide what songs I want to play on each stage

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
They made too many of the characters fun to play and now I can never decide who to pick :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Andrast posted:

There's too much music in this game

I can't decide what songs I want to play on each stage

What I did was go to each stage listing and set the top 2 tracks to be at the same frequency as the other tracks so it's complete toss-up. I like variety with my music, so it works well for how easy it is to adjust.