Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I had a paid account before they went to a subscription model, but I'm not a VIP now. That said, I haven't noticed anything being different, or any announcements about changes to accounts. Maybe email them about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Irritated Goat posted:

It goes through the usual motions of searching then just acts as if there wasn't anything that matched. I do get errors on some but it's the Absolute numbering being off.
Are your quality settings for the series filtering out the episode?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Dongattack posted:

So what's the deal with dognzb now?
It seemed to be down for like a week and when i log in on my trial account now it just goes straight to the buy membership screen. I'm not super experienced with this, you have to pretend to buy a t-shirt, it was down for a pretty long while and some of the latest posts i can find ITT about dog complains about how they are lovely with their membership stuff.

It's back up for me. In their notice, they said that the server's SSD slowly failed. Database re-indexes started taking hours to complete, then disk writes started to fail, and then it started to report incorrect disk space before finally just dying forever. They have replaced the server hardware and everything seems to be working fine for me.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

bort posted:

Are your quality settings for the series filtering out the episode?

No, the usual 720\1080 one.

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

Different indexers put anime in different groupings. 5070 is most common, but on some you end up with like 4010 and others. Go to the indexer and click on each anime category/subcategory and look at the URL to see what category it's in, then add those to the sonarr config.

I'll have to do this and see if the automated stuff grabs now.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I had a paid account before they went to a subscription model, but I'm not a VIP now. That said, I haven't noticed anything being different, or any announcements about changes to accounts. Maybe email them about it?

Sure, follow up.

They are all sketchy as gently caress. Indexers, providers, etc. Email them and they will respond "Oh crap sorry, our bad."

It's not the cleanest profession you know.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

am i alone in thinking thexem is confusing? I'm no dummy, but I can't understand any of that poo poo. I mean, I understand the point, but I guess the UI is just confusing

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Thermopyle posted:

am i alone in thinking thexem is confusing? I'm no dummy, but I can't understand any of that poo poo. I mean, I understand the point, but I guess the UI is just confusing

The UI is confusing, yes. Looking at the changelog of an entry for reference and with a bit of trial and error in drafting, it shouldn't be prohibitively difficult. If you don't already have an account you might be better off just requesting help in their IRC channel.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just let thexem exist without thinking about it too much, because yeah - definitely a head scratcher. I noticed something didn’t work once so I told a staffer and they sorted it. It’s good to know people out there actively fight against the tyranny of TVDb mods.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
What even is The XEM? The homepage just says shows, but the list seems like all anime and animated shows? Is it supposed to be TheTVDB for anime but also includes non japanese stuff?

edit: oh its not even that much, it just keeps track of numbering? I guess that would make sense why its all animated since regular stuff has simple numbering.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah it basically fixes the differences between TVDBs ‘official’ numbering they pull out of thin air, and the numbering system that everyone else uses.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

I'm having a strange issue with my copy of sabnzbd. Every minute or so I get an error popping up that says

code:
 API key missing, please enter the API key from Config->General into your 3rd party program: 127.0.0.1 (X-Forwarded-For: 52.11.99.15)>Go-http-client/1.1
This started a couple days ago when I switched my dynamic ip address for another host. I've checked every indexer I am a member of and cleared out the address they have to push to my server. I also deleted the downloader from sonarr, radarr, and nzbhydra. It doens't seem to affect anything but it is annoying to see. I checked the logs for sabnzbd and that is the only thing that is showing up as an error. I'm guessing that I have another indexer that I subscribe to that I haven't changed my information on but I have no idea which one it could be.

Any ideas?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

diremonk posted:

I'm having a strange issue with my copy of sabnzbd. Every minute or so I get an error popping up that says

code:
 API key missing, please enter the API key from Config->General into your 3rd party program: 127.0.0.1 (X-Forwarded-For: 52.11.99.15)>Go-http-client/1.1
This started a couple days ago when I switched my dynamic ip address for another host. I've checked every indexer I am a member of and cleared out the address they have to push to my server. I also deleted the downloader from sonarr, radarr, and nzbhydra. It doens't seem to affect anything but it is annoying to see. I checked the logs for sabnzbd and that is the only thing that is showing up as an error. I'm guessing that I have another indexer that I subscribe to that I haven't changed my information on but I have no idea which one it could be.

Any ideas?

Did you actually add your Sabnzbd API key from Config/General into Sonarr/Radarr/NZBHydra?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Open registration on an indexer right now - https://drunkenslug.com/register

Couldn’t tell you anything about it as only signed up myself today. At least you can do paid options without stupid crypto tho, the main thing stopping me from subbing to OMG and making that my primary.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Open registration on an indexer right now - https://drunkenslug.com/register

An hour after I sent them a year's membership payment through PayPal, a fraudulent charge for 51.75 GBP (over $67 USD) went through my account for a web site called "startselect", which apparently sells gift cards and games and poo poo. I can't say for certain that the two events are directly related, but that's an awfully big coincidence. I've had that account since Paypal was brand new and never once have I had any fraudulent activity on it before today. Caveat Emptor.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that definitely doesn’t sound good. Doesn’t PP use one time tokens for things that aren’t subscription? If not, they really should.

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

I can't imagine they *wouldn't*... but I'm no expert. My PP password is a string of computer-generated gibberish that even I don't know without my password manager handy, so I doubt that was the attack vector.

After putting in disputes with both Paypal and my bank, I took a chance and emailed customer support at "startselect" to let them know about the fraud. They got back to me just now (very quickly) and said that they've not only blocked my information from being used on their site anymore, but they're also going to refund me directly within 3 business days. That was a little unexpected, but I imagine they probably see this a lot.

Anywho - it'll work out. I just wish I could pinpoint whether it's actually related to drunkenslug or not... I'd like to think not, it seems like a pretty well curated site that wouldn't try to pull that kind of thing, but I guess you never really know who's on the other end of the line. :)

Acid Reflux fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 22, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Doesn't surprise me. Not exactly the most scrupulous of industries that we are dealing with. I've had providers and indexers "conveniently" forget that I've paid them in the past.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Usenet.Farm has a 30% off coupon:

quote:

Usenet.Farm expansion and XMAS sale!

TL;DR: (To long, didn't read)

* Full binary retention upgrade from 30 -> 70+ days
* Help us with monthly support this will bring another +30 days in Q1/Q2-2019
* Header groups from ~8000 -> 80K (and still counting)
* 10 years of text retention
* 30% discount on all packages with coupon XMAS2018

I have no idea what header groups are but maybe this means something to people here.

€10.50 for 500GB (reg: €15) is pretty nice.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Those retention numbers sound awful, or am I misreading it? Like, most places I’ve used in the last few years are in the thousands of days.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

EL BROMANCE posted:

Those retention numbers sound awful, or am I misreading it? Like, most places I’ve used in the last few years are in the thousands of days.

10 years = ~3560 days

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, that’s text retention though. Binaries says ‘30 to 70+’. Like the plus could be 3,000 days, but that’s an awfully funny way to write it.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
30 days is their local retention then they have 1100 days provided by Abavia. They're a hybrid provider.

Huh, I guess that changed. I tried to download something ~85 days old that I know works and it wasn't found. I guess they're just local retention now.

sedative fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 23, 2018

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

EL BROMANCE posted:

For a block account I use as a backup server against my main 3 dollarish a month unlimited account, it works for grabbing new releases that might have gotten DMCA’d.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I only ever grab recently released Linux ISOs so retention has never been an issue for me, but yeah I understand ymmv.

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 24, 2018

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

sedative posted:

30 days is their local retention then they have 1100 days provided by Abavia. They're a hybrid provider.

Huh, I guess that changed. I tried to download something ~85 days old that I know works and it wasn't found. I guess they're just local retention now.

This has changed? I assumed they were also talking about their local-only retention. Even on Black Friday, it was still advertised that they had Abavia as a fall-back.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Nam Taf posted:

This has changed? I assumed they were also talking about their local-only retention. Even on Black Friday, it was still advertised that they had Abavia as a fall-back.

I did a little more testing and I'm not totally sure what's going on. I tried a thing that's 100 days old:

NewsDemon (Omicron/Highwinds): ok
XS Usenet (Abavia): ok
Usenet.Farm: not found
UsenetExpress: not found

The last two are supposed to use Abavia for stuff outside their local retention. I don't know how it all works, but maybe Abavia's having trouble with their resellers.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Is there a major difference between indexers? I'm a member of both Nzbcat and nzbs.org--is there any significant benefit to seeking out additional indexers? Is it like private trackers, where there may be things that I can't find elsewhere, or is everyone basically just scraping the same groups with more stability/guaranteed uptime/etc.?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Unless you're after real niche stuff they generally cover the same stuff

The reason to get lots is your favourite one could disappear tomorrow

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Register with as many as you can, but only pay for one at a time, unless you're dumb like me and have half a dozen VIP accounts with another half dozen waiting to be paid. And, currently at least, no blocks or monthly access.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Some are better than others I will say, but generally I say one paid big one (typically yearly) followed by as many lifetime accounts as you're willing to gamble with.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I'm four years in on a lifetime NZBGeek membership and don't regret it. On the other hand, I paid for a "lifetime" DogNZB membership and that rug was pulled out from under my feet.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Looking at the horror stories here, makes me glad I just have my own news feed from two universities I know folk at. :) USENET moderator since 1996 here, still going.

Biggest problem is remembering to set inews chmod 4755 when I upgrade.

Yeesh.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Any indexer that's particularly good for ebooks?

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

porktree posted:

Any indexer that's particularly good for ebooks?

I've found usenet to be pretty lackluster for ebooks in general. You want MyAnonamouse, Bibliotik, and other torrent sites.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Trackers are best but books are not obscured so you can do a free Binsearch/NZBindex search anyway.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I've been having a hard time lately with large (40gb+) files that download, par check fine, but then fail on extraction. No comments or nukes on the indexer, so I'm thinking its not a bad file? Seems real weird.

For the next couple I'm just gonna have SAB download everything and do the check/extraction myself, and see if there's any difference. Anyone run across this?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

EC posted:

I've been having a hard time lately with large (40gb+) files that download, par check fine, but then fail on extraction. No comments or nukes on the indexer, so I'm thinking its not a bad file? Seems real weird.

For the next couple I'm just gonna have SAB download everything and do the check/extraction myself, and see if there's any difference. Anyone run across this?

Yeah, i get that too very regularly when Sonar pulls one file that is a entire season of a show for instance. Sonarr starts the download without problems, SABnzbd downloads without errors, but then the extraction fails.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
It's weird because I have one unlimited server setup at priority 0, and two block accounts set at priority 1, but SAB doesn't seem to be trying the block accounts at all.

If a nzb had damaged PAR files wouldn't it try to re-download them on a different server?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I had a lot of these similar issues, but I switched to nzbget a few weeks ago and now I have none.

I think there's something wrong with the server priority system in sab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Mustache Ride posted:

I had a lot of these similar issues, but I switched to nzbget a few weeks ago and now I have none.

I think there's something wrong with the server priority system in sab.

I was just checking out NZBget to see if it would alleviate this stuff.