Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Well after getting all that poo poo sorted out earlier, and finally getting the drat game to reinstall, I come home and the UI has the worst lag I've ever seen, and my "ready to install" games refuse to load in at all, and now just trying to start Forza Horizon 4 causes the thing to hang up and I keep getting a "for some reason Forza Horizon 4 took too long to load."

I'm sorry but this 500 dollar piece of hardware is a complete piece of poo poo and I feel pretty fleeced to be honest. Thank goodness I did the Xbox one s trade in and RDR2 deal and didn't actually pay 500 dollars for this garbage. Good riddance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I got an X two weeks ago to replace my aging gigantic OG 2013 model and outside the pseudo-4k games the thing is a piece of poo poo, yes. Anything outside playing games is a thing of nightmares if you have to deal with the UI, especially if you're into taking screenshots or recording videos.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
pseudo-4k games

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Listen Doom 2016 reaches 4k 60 percent (Edit: Not even that going off Digital Foundry) of the time ok.

GUI fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 23, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GUI posted:

I got an X two weeks ago to replace my aging gigantic OG 2013 model and outside the pseudo-4k games the thing is a piece of poo poo, yes. Anything outside playing games is a thing of nightmares if you have to deal with the UI, especially if you're into taking screenshots or recording videos.

Yeah I mean I like the games, I like that a huge portion of my digital 360 library is playable on it (suck it PS4), and I love me some Forza.

But drat man if I have to turn it on and wait patiently for the ClOuD to do its thing before I can do my thing, uh. That's a problem.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I've never had quite the issues you're having but the UI is in general absolute dogshit and something they need to address for whatever the hell next system they're planning on releasing is.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Works on my Xbox one x.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Just rip off the PS3 UI.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pewdiepie posted:

Works on my Xbox one x.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I really just hope they ditch the always connected cloud poo poo because it's always really apparent when something is loving up and causing issues with doing basic poo poo like "viewing the games you own" and "launching one of those games." Of course everything about current tech trends tells me they are just going to lean into that even harder next gen, but hopefully the first party/Xbox exclusive stuff continues to be on PC as well so I can just ignore whatever dumb poo poo they follow up the Xbone with.

Now that I've said that, they're going to put out a mind blowing console experience that puts the PS2 to shame. You're welcome in advance, folks.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

DrNutt posted:

I'm sorry but this 500 dollar piece of hardware is a complete piece of poo poo

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So I pulled the trigger on an Xbox one s just to play a few bigger games that I’ve missed over the last few years, starting with RDR2. I owned an xbone for a few months back in like 2015 and I have to say....I didn’t like the interface back then, but holy poo poo was it miles better than it is now. The whole interface feels like one big pop up ad and I have to search for the small icons that actually enable me to play games.

Anyways, I ran into a problem yesterday, is there a way to make Blu-ray’s and dvds auto play when you insert them? I don’t really want my wife navigating this home screen to find the Blu-ray app.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Mahoning posted:

Anyways, I ran into a problem yesterday, is there a way to make Blu-ray’s and dvds auto play when you insert them? I don’t really want my wife navigating this home screen to find the Blu-ray app.

Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Disc > Enable "Play disc automatically"

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

BisterdDave posted:

Settings > Disc & Blu-ray > Disc > Enable "Play disc automatically"

Thanks. I know it’s probably obvious but seriously, I’m so confused by the entire interface. Really makes me appreciate the simplicity of the Switch interface.

So after I’m done with RDR2, what are some classics to pick up cheaply? I’m thinking The Witcher 3....

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Mahoning posted:

Thanks. I know it’s probably obvious but seriously, I’m so confused by the entire interface. Really makes me appreciate the simplicity of the Switch interface.

So after I’m done with RDR2, what are some classics to pick up cheaply? I’m thinking The Witcher 3....

No problem, I picked up an Xbox a couple months ago and it took me awhile to find everything as well. And yeah, the interface is straight garbage. I heard it's so bogged down by all the ads that require talking to the internet. I would like to think Microsoft fixes it in their next Xbox.

Definitely pick up The Witcher 3. I would highly recommend getting the complete edition (currently $20 if you have a Gold subscription), as the DLC is some of the best this industry has seen and is easily worth the extra money.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Get Panzer Dragoon Orta. I dont care if you never play it, if you want just mail a check with 10 bucks in it to Sega with "For Panzer Dragoon Orta" on it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mahoning posted:

Spend $1 on Game Pass and then binge for a month.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

American McGay posted:

Spend $1 on Game Pass and then binge for a month.

Actually new xbones come with a free month of Game Pass. So yes, I’ve downloaded like 6 games already.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
$15 in the current sale will get you some bundles of good older games:

Batman Arkham collection (Asylum, City, Knight + all DLC)

Assassins Creed Ezio collection (2, Brotherhood, Revelations)

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I don't like how Rocksteady is openly pissing on Origins, I liked it :saddowns:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Mahoning posted:

The idea is you pin stuff you use so you can ignore the clutter that is the rest of the UI. Press the 'hamburger' button on your controller while on a game or app's tile and it gives you the option to pin to Home.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Just Cause 3 runs so badly on a standard Xbone that they shouldn't be selling it. Got denied a refund after playing for half an hour or so and honestly feeling like that's bullshit.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

TheScott2K posted:

Just Cause 3 runs so badly on a standard Xbone that they shouldn't be selling it. Got denied a refund after playing for half an hour or so and honestly feeling like that's bullshit.

If it makes you feel any better, I bought it for PC before it was cheap and my save file just gets deleted and I have to start over after a blue screen. It has happened twice after about ten hours and there's no cloud save support. I even manually backed up the saves but it won't recognize my old one and just starts a new game. I've seen two blue screens since installing Windows 10 and they came from JC3 a year apart.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I like Star Wars. Is the $7.50 they’re currently charging for Battlefront II even worth it? I’ve heard horror stories but I don’t know whether to think it’s about people lashing out at EA for being lovely or legitimate complaints about the game. For the record, I don’t like online/multiplayer games. So if there’s nothing to the single player, it would be a waste of the $7.50 if anything.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mahoning posted:

I like Star Wars. Is the $7.50 they’re currently charging for Battlefront II even worth it? I’ve heard horror stories but I don’t know whether to think it’s about people lashing out at EA for being lovely or legitimate complaints about the game. For the record, I don’t like online/multiplayer games. So if there’s nothing to the single player, it would be a waste of the $7.50 if anything.

For 7.50 the fan servicey single player is probably worth it for a Star Wars fan. It's a decent campaign, even if the gameplay still feels like floaty garbage.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I almost cant believe someone can design a game as clumsily as Shadow Warrior 2, but thanks gamepass for letting me see that.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I can't imagine the kind of hell Shadow Warrior 2 on console is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GUI posted:

I can't imagine the kind of hell Shadow Warrior 2 on console is.

Im willing to overlook the no aim-adjustment for consoles but the rest of mechanics are just bad regardless of platform unless PC got rid of the entire weapon upgrading system and arbitrary side mission difficulty.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The only thing good about Shadow Warrior 2 is the kickass main theme.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Mahoning posted:

If you pay 6 a month for EA access you can download it for 'free' and play the singleplayer and be done with it. Then download a few other games too like unraveled, burnout paradise remastered or battlefield 1 and whatever else they have on there.

For 7 bux the SP is fun and entertaining in regards to lore/starwars story. It is basically a cheap starwars movie you get to play, with likeable characters.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Was the campaign stuff they added later (after episode 8 came out) worth going back to play?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I now have all achievements in agents of mayhem.

Bring on the crackdown 3 because Ive got the brain problems

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Barudak posted:

I now have all achievements in agents of mayhem.

Bring on the crackdown 3 because Ive got the brain problems

Barudak it's Christmas Eve and you are loved. Please don't do any more self harm.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well its Christmas Day now and Ive given up on Shadow Warrior 2 holy moly is it a bad game.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Barudak posted:

Well its Christmas Day now and Ive given up on Shadow Warrior 2 holy moly is it a bad game.

I couldn't finish the first one either.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Over There posted:

I couldn't finish the first one either.

Shadow Warrior from the 90s or 2013, I wont blame you for quitting on either.

Edit: the most hosed up thing a out Shadow Warrior 2 is the first result I got trying to figure out the upgrade system was a dude who wanted help understanding it since he didnt like it and a bunch of people making GBS threads on him for not gelling with the terrible fuckign system.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Barudak posted:

Shadow Warrior from the 90s or 2013, I wont blame you for quitting on either.

It just felt dull.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Over There posted:

It just felt dull.

To me its a B-game in the sense of if its your genre you can probably carry to the end contendedly but there are enough problems with the game itll never be something you rave about and nobody else should buy it, just like the original game.

That the sequel cant even rise to that level and came out around the same time as Doom 4 which just fully embarassed it is so so bad

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I added a $50 gift card to the game store and bought a couple of games. I wanna know how much I have left but I can’t find it anywhere. Can anyone help? (I hate to belabor the point but holy poo poo this dashboard really is garbage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mahoning posted:

I added a $50 gift card to the game store and bought a couple of games. I wanna know how much I have left but I can’t find it anywhere. Can anyone help? (I hate to belabor the point but holy poo poo this dashboard really is garbage)

A completely rear end backwards way is to pretend to but something (anything really, pick a random DLC or whatever) and itll show remaining gift balance

I think you can also go into the payment options in settings and see it there too.