Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

MorgaineDax posted:

I burst out laughing at that music sting at the end. What the gently caress is this video?

I’m pretty sure it’s from Friday the 13th, I would laugh it got taken down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That video is legitimately loving creepy as hell because no matter how much he's trying to act IC it sounds a whoooole loving lot like he's talking about himself.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

That video is legitimately loving creepy as hell because no matter how much he's trying to act IC it sounds a whoooole loving lot like he's talking about himself.

that accent

hi, it's me Kevin

here's sincerity

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

He’s not doing that to be in character. Being “in character” is playing the phrase “being the villain” to the hilt because it is a phrase used to deflect criticism of a person’s behavior.

“Let Me Be Frank” is an absolutely loaded phrase to this end. “Just believe I’m a villain you love to hate.” He’s not confused about what he’s doing, Kevin Spacey knows exactly what he’s doing. He is counting on the support of a bunch of people who don’t have any real grasp of his actions beyond him being an actor.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Corrosion posted:

He’s not doing that to be in character. Being “in character” is playing the phrase “being the villain” to the hilt because it is a phrase used to deflect criticism of a person’s behavior.

“Let Me Be Frank” is an absolutely loaded phrase to this end. “Just believe I’m a villain you love to hate.” He’s not confused about what he’s doing, Kevin Spacey knows exactly what he’s doing. He is counting on the support of a bunch of people who don’t have any real grasp of his actions beyond him being an actor.

Yeah, that's a fair point, I phrased that badly. It's just... depressing and bewildering.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

It perfectly encapsulates the mentality of abusers like Spacey, who believe that it is impossible for people not to love them. Keep in mind, this is like the first tweet he's made since the whole "I apologize for sexually assaulting someone, btw I'm gay" thing. None of this about remorse, it's about deflection and positioning.

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

My girlfriend brought up him being a very talented actor even as she rebuked this PR stunt, and even the well-meaning are just suckered into this farce he’s hiding behind. I’m sorry I came off harshly on you. I used to associate with people who would use the phrase “being the villain” to defend people who openly used all variety of slurs or horrible behavior. The acceptance of delusionally seeing what we’re doing as being part of some extension of artistic license or art is literally what Kevin invokes.

I’m not mad at you, it bears repeating, I’m mad that people have used this phrase and the acceptance of it is precisely how we even arrive at this piece of human garbage equating rape as just being part of something daring that “challenges norms.” He has doubled down on his initial defense of coming out as gay when accusations of rape arose. He just picked a more well-accepted or potent part of ideology to do so.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Corrosion posted:

My girlfriend brought up him being a very talented actor even as she rebuked this PR stunt, and even the well-meaning are just suckered into this farce he’s hiding behind. I’m sorry I came off harshly on you. I used to associate with people who would use the phrase “being the villain” to defend people who openly used all variety of slurs or horrible behavior. The acceptance of delusionally seeing what we’re doing as being part of some extension of artistic license or art is literally what Kevin invokes.

I’m not mad at you, it bears repeating, I’m mad that people have used this phrase and the acceptance of it is precisely how we even arrive at this piece of human garbage equating rape as just being part of something daring that “challenges norms.” He has doubled down on his initial defense of coming out as gay when accusations of rape arose. He just picked a more well-accepted or potent part of ideology to do so.

Yeah, that's completely understandable. I appreciate you explaining it because I didn't think about how what I said came off. I don't blame you for feeling heated about this particular video either because it's really gross and at least to some degree works on people.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s from Friday the 13th, I would laugh it got taken down

Nah it’s some stock music that I forgot the name of. It’s been used in cartoons and stuff for years. It popped up in one of the hellraiser movies once, which makes sense because those sequels are trash.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
The whole thing is likely some bizarre attempt at deflection on Spacey’s part. Try and get everyone talking about that creepy-rear end video rather than the news of the felony sexual assault charge against him. It’s so transparent though, that I don’t think it’s gonna work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sucrose posted:

The whole thing is likely some bizarre attempt at deflection on Spacey’s part. Try and get everyone talking about that creepy-rear end video rather than the news of the felony sexual assault charge against him. It’s so transparent though, that I don’t think it’s gonna work.

Maybe he's trying to poison the jury pool so only complete shut-ins will be able to serve?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm not convinced that we should take that talking Madame Tussauds wax figure for Kevin Spacey.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
*gets accused of sexual assault*
its time for me to reveal the real me, the truth is im gay yall
*gets charged with sexual assault*
ya i did it and you stupid rubes love it cuz u hypocrites love badguys

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Remake the video as John Doe in the back of the cop car, Kevin

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
could Kevin Spacey be angling for a mental health defence? Yikes, that video.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

Remake the video as John Doe in the back of the cop car, Kevin

Kevin Spacey just releases increasingly more bizarre videos playing characters from his acting past, finally ending with a video where he slides underneath a bed and disappears forever

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

*gets accused of sexual assault*
its time for me to reveal the real me, the truth is im gay yall
*gets charged with sexual assault*
ya i did it and you stupid rubes love it cuz u hypocrites love badguys

trump would have pardoned him but :gay:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The Cameo posted:

Kevin Spacey just releases increasingly more bizarre videos playing characters from his acting past, finally ending with a video where he slides underneath a bed and disappears forever

Hello, its me kpax, I came back you guys. Watch me eat this burger.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Coffee And Pie posted:

gently caress I forgot that weird 90s turd

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
"Today is the first day of the rest of your life. That's true of every day except for one, the day you die."

*pulls out a snub-nosed, commits a Bud Dwyer on Twitter*

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vq_k0yqq88

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Coffee And Pie posted:

'They say the best trick I ever pulled was convincing you I didn't exist.'

Sucrose posted:

The distinct backfire is one just makes the other creepier, like a feedback loop. Seriously the charges are made creepier by the video somehow, and the video sure as hell is made creepier by the charges.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 25, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Cameo posted:

I demand a new Kevin Spacey video where it's his voice over footage of the Nine Lives cat

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

The Cameo posted:

Here's hoping he winds up pulling a K-Pax and spends the rest of his days catatonic, sitting in a wheel chair.

Phantom Star fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 26, 2018

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Ex-Disney actor charged with 6 counts in underage sex case
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ex-disney-actor-charged-6-counts-underage-sex-181039633.html

Michael Weatherly took Jessica Alba’s virginity when she was a teen
https://pagesix.com/2018/12/23/michael-weatherly-took-jessica-albas-virginity-when-she-was-a-teen/

DA declines to file sex assault charge against Steven Seagal
https://abc7.com/da-declines-to-file-sex-assault-charge-against-steven-seagal/4943972/

Photographer Bruce Weber sexually exploited five male models, new lawsuit claims
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-bruce-weber-sued-five-male-models-20181221-story.html

Basebf555 posted:

To be fair, Larry King is a complete buffoon who has literally fallen asleep during live interviews on multiple occasions so it's fun to see someone actually call him out on it for once.

Flaky/oblivious Larry King does lead to confusion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqZNxuZSNek

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
I don't get the point of the Jessica Alba one. They had a consenting relationship, the guy was a bit creepy due to the age difference but that's it. Am I missing something? The headline makes it sound like he's raping virgins but as far as I can tell they were just a couple...

Alba didn't even say anything negative about him?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ornithology posted:

I don't get the point of the Jessica Alba one. They had a consenting relationship, the guy was a bit creepy due to the age difference but that's it. Am I missing something? The headline makes it sound like he's raping virgins but as far as I can tell they were just a couple...

18 year olds can't consent.

They can only do war, gambling and smoking. Smoking with consent of parents. Or someone who is 21.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Dark Angel had a hotter blonde love interest in the show and this creep had them write the dude into a crazed-cyborg mercenary to preserve the sanctity of his Waifu!

Also holy cow at Jessica Alba only ever having two boyfriends ever before her husband.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Ornithology posted:

Wow.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Ornithology posted:

Nobody is really saying that he should be charged with a crime, but when you're a 30 year old actor in a working relationship with an 18 year old co-worker, you shouldn't be considering that a dating opportunity. Obviously that's how show business has operated for a long time, so it's not exactly shocking to hear about but it doesn't make it right.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It’s still not sexual assault and who cares who “took her virginity” what the gently caress, don’t post poo poo articles here

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
A 12 year age gap really isn’t much to talk about for Hollywood.

Unless he was her boss I don’t really see this as another example of Weatherly doing something wrong.

Sucrose fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 28, 2018

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

It’s still not sexual assault and who cares who “took her virginity” what the gently caress, don’t post poo poo articles here

The subject of the article is already in the news because he got Eliza Dushku fired for refusing his advances. So it's another related story of how Weatherly has been a creep for his whole career.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sucrose posted:

A 12 year age gap really isn’t much to talk about for Hollywood.

Unless he was her boss I don’t really see this as another example of Weatherly doing something wrong.

Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore apparently have a 16 year gap. Except he was late 20s when they got married instead of barely 18.

But clickbait headlines are what make money

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Age gaps matter less and less the older the younger person is. A 23 year old dating a 17 year old is sleazy as he'll even if they live somewhere where it's legal, a 23 year old dating a 29 year old wouldn't make people blink.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Age gaps matter less and less the older the younger person is. A 23 year old dating a 17 year old is sleazy as he'll even if they live somewhere where it's legal, a 23 year old dating a 29 year old wouldn't make people blink.

The best guide I saw was that it’s about how long the individuals have had to be adults. A close friend of mine is 21 but dating a 46-year-old; she’s only had 3 years to be an adult and still hasn’t figured herself out. If she was 30 and he was 55, she would have had 12 years of experience as an adult on her own and maturing. She’d be completely different and it’s a lot less creepy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Len posted:

Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore apparently have a 16 year gap. Except he was late 20s when they got married instead of barely 18.

But clickbait headlines are what make money

I remember an Australian politician recently pointing out that some other politician was [x] number of years older than his partner when he met her and heavily implied that he'd been grooming her, trying to frame him as a sex creep. But she'd been in her 20s at the time and there was absolutely no indication that he'd been grooming her, it was just a weird political sledge.
(I can't remember who made the accusations but I think it was Senator David Leyonhjelm? He's a weird creepy man who's obsessed with bringing up other politicians' sex lives and is currently being sued for telling a female senator she should "stop shagging men" during senate debate, and is desperately trying to convince everyone that she implied that "All men are rapists" after he misheard one of her comments.)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

If that sounds a little hinky, legality-wise, well, the Brooklyn Federal Court thought so too; among the charges being levied against Mack, one is for forced labor conspiracy, accusing her of keeping a number of women working under her via threat of harm. Per Deadline, though, Mack’s lawyers have issued a somewhat novel rebuttal of the claims: Scientology did it first.

Not, to be clear, the “burning your initials into another person’s pubic region” parts—that’s a NXIVM original, allegedly—but Mack’s lawyers are saying that there’s no fundamental differences between the group’s practices, and Scientology’s policy of branding people who leave the organization as “dissidents,” cut off from family and friends who remain within the group. That’s relevant thanks to a 2009 court ruling, which found that those psychological pressures didn’t rise to the level of “threat of serious harm” required to trigger the country’s forced labor statutes, so if Mack is guilty, the argument runs, then Scientology must be, too.

No regret, no sense of wrong doing. gently caress her.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Half your age + 7 is the only answer to age gap. If it doesn’t meet that criterion then it’s gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Colour me not at all surprised.