Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
This stream has been great, by the way, it's almost entirely Woolie agonizing over Kirby puzzles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pigbuster posted:

This stream has been great, by the way, it's almost entirely Woolie agonizing over Kirby puzzles.

TBF to woolie. kirby puzzles are simple, but decepitive. Also i turned on woolie when he started doing kirby lore also that sweet lamp that panders to me.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

TBF to woolie. kirby puzzles are simple, but decepitive. Also i turned on woolie when he started doing kirby lore also that sweet lamp that panders to me.

It's killing me every time he mentions the anime and gets a lot of stuff wrong

I HAD BETTER HOPES :sigh:

E: For real this stream is super good and fun but Woolie genuinely having anxiety attacks over failing puzzles is actually kind of upsetting. "This is garbage. This is trash. This is why I should of played through it first before streaming it." While doing the worlds saddest laugh and it's like man chat (myself included) loves it and we're all just messing around, Cheer up man :(

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 23, 2018

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

The puzzles in the new freeLC mode actually have a surprisingly tricky execution half the time. Its a shame the whole game wasn't more like that, tbh.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

Oh, I don't blame him for failing, all of the puzzles are super punishing for the slightest mistake. It's just adorable how much he stresses about disappointing the viewers, and it's just... it's Twitch, we prefer it when the streamer fails. It's kinda funny how opposite it is from Youtube comments in that regard.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

BaDandy posted:

Bug Island (Matt and Pat): This was on the Shitstorm and is honestly a game that is so their brand it induces a kind of awe in me. It's directly up their alley and it's basically a bunch of dumb teens are stuck on an island filled with mutant bugs. It's great! Give it a watch, why don't you.

I'm rewatching the Bug Island LP now (nearly finished) and man, it's better than I remember. It gets crazy.

Cheers me up that there's so many great LPs that I can go back and watch. My memory is horrendous and I've forgotten most of what happened too so it's all pretty fresh! =D

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://www.twitch.tv/woolieversus/clip/FrailCarelessDeerCharlietheUnicorn

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

And so ends Woolie's first stream. That was super fun and I'm shocked that people were listening to me half the time, even woolie lmao

Good poo poo, excited or what he does next.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have completely forgotten about

*A surprising event transpires in a videogame*

Liam:

I have this video to thank on reminding me about it. It's fresh every time, somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHCeLYYHbk4

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

I've been known to dump on Woolie but he's never been a bad dude.
woolie has been bad at things, but he's never been bad. fuckin' WOOF

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oofa doofa.

Stay strong, Woolz. :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

If it helps Woolie really doesn't understand streamer culture (the fact people want to see him flub up puzzles for comedic effect and whatnot) and he takes everything pretty hard until he finally has a break down and pleads with the chat "Is this garbage any good?" and he gets super down.

But chat just loses it and is like yeah this is what we wanted and there's not a single shred of negativity which kind of confuses him but he leans into it by then. Rest of the stream he starts laughing and embracing all the RESET cries whenever he messes something up and becomes a lot more jovial. End of the stream dude is just having a good time- it's great.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I think given the comments for a lot of the LPs were like, non-stop criticism Woolie will have to adjust to stream viewers having largely the opposite philosophy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I do find it kinda funny how he's doing a podcast about how it's okay to fail, and now he has to understand that exact same thing in a different context.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Liam liked my dumb comment on his first Quiet Man video and it made me feel all happy and stuff.

Then it turns out the dude's like SWERY(?) and just likes basically everyone's comments on his videos that aren't stupid. So anyway, Liam's viewer engagement is absolutely sterling.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Liam and I are kindred spirits when it comes to having the uncanny ability to shove one's entire foot in their mouth but I do like his streams the most because they are chill.

edit: His recent stream of Tetris Effect channeled the Woolie stream people are talkin about though, because he got Nier Automata levels of existential when he spent like 5 hours trying to beat the 'endless' mode and couldn't clinch it. One thing that is unified among the Best Friends even now they've gone their separate ways is they love to revel in existential dread, a quality that is very relateable in 2018!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They may be apart, but they all will never stop trying to not let it sit in.

And at least two of them will keep the fans going when the heat death of the universe approaches.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pat's streaming tonight (DS3 DLC) and started Yakuza Kiwami yesterday. He doesn't have a solid schedule yet, but is planning on streaming 3 to 4 times a week, and is now more open to longer games. So there's that if you like his streams.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pat's streaming tonight (DS3 DLC) and started Yakuza Kiwami yesterday. He doesn't have a solid schedule yet, but is planning on streaming 3 to 4 times a week, and is now more open to longer games. So there's that if you like his streams.

With Obsidian planning to add a turn-based combat mode to PoE2, I hope he comes back to that with all the DLC.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, I love the subject matter of Edgelords but I cannot stand to listen to the voice Matt does for it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like the edgelords videos for the most part but the stuff like the "ACTUALLY *pushes up glasses*" interrupting nerd parody stuff is not good, most of the rest is though, and making GBS threads on SAO is always welcome

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Invictus posted:

I like the edgelords videos for the most part but the stuff like the "ACTUALLY *pushes up glasses*" interrupting nerd parody stuff is not good, most of the rest is though, and making GBS threads on SAO is always welcome

the interrupting nerd part was actually funny and good

also I like Ashen's new redesign.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

ApeHawk posted:

With Obsidian planning to add a turn-based combat mode to PoE2, I hope he comes back to that with all the DLC.

Obsidian is planning what now :stare:

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Pat needs to figure out something with his subscription and donation messages. It seems like 50%+ of his stream is just a constant rattling out of messages and user names and they still don't catch up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Pat needs to figure out something with his subscription and donation messages. It seems like 50%+ of his stream is just a constant rattling out of messages and user names and they still don't catch up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Iqr0L4bUms

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I can't watch Pat/Paige's streams live because it's like at least 50% donation messages, reading donation messages, sitting around eating and not playing the video game at this point

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

and the other 50% are "Look at elmo hes so pretty" and pregnant non sequiturs.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

The problem is I think the only way to deal with it is up the dollar threshold for donations, but then they seem greedy and people probably spend less overall. They could probably raise the minimum to 4.20 and that'd be fine because weed number.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
The actual problem is that the weird children on Twitch love that non game poo poo. There’s nothing I hate more than when the people streaming interrupt their streams to read something stupid a donator says then pretend that they care at all what one of the audience says. It’s so glaring that this is like part of the twitch handbook for how to grow an audience. And I’m sure it works but holy Christ is it the most boring trash.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Rexicon1 posted:

pretend that they care at all what one of the audience says

Some do? Like that's one of the main fun parts of streaming and not just pooping videos onto youtube, at least when you're a small/medium channels and don't have a billion spammy viewers. :shrug:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah the constant donation reading is loving terrible

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wasn't Pat doing the thing where he'd take a break to read donations?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Why not just do the thing where you can have a text-to-speech robot read the donation message while also increasing the donation message threshold? I watch a streamer that does that and it adds to the hilarity when the robot says something in a funny or weird way. I also tend to not watch Pat's streams because of the long pauses to read donations and whatnot.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Big Scary Owl posted:

Why not just do the thing where you can have a text-to-speech robot read the donation message while also increasing the donation message threshold?

You probably don't want to do that, regardless of robot threshold, when a deal of your fanbase is 4chins.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Yardbomb posted:

You probably don't want to do that, regardless of robot threshold, when a deal of your fanbase is 4chins.

The streamer I watch also has a big 4chan audience (and /r/Kappa, if you're familiar) so I don't think it's an issue. 90% of the donation messages are pretty funny and the ones that aren't just get made fun of instead. Or get banned. It's great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rexicon1 posted:

The actual problem is that the weird children on Twitch love that non game poo poo. There’s nothing I hate more than when the people streaming interrupt their streams to read something stupid a donator says then pretend that they care at all what one of the audience says. It’s so glaring that this is like part of the twitch handbook for how to grow an audience. And I’m sure it works but holy Christ is it the most boring trash.
I like the donations that are just dunking on them for doing something dumb

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

This may be a surprise to some of you, but people like hearing their donations get read by the person they're donating to.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

This may be a surprise to some of you, but people like hearing their donations get read by the person they're donating to.

it still sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

beep by grandpa posted:

people don’t like hearing donations donated by other people getting read