Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Yardbomb posted:

The dog episode is good and v. sad.

It's not wrong to retcon the dog. We all felt bad and time travel exists. The dog gets a ok ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I just didn't like it because it's cheap. Put a dog death into anything and it will top the lists of "tearjerkers". Look at the movie Hachi. It's a pretty bad movie but it still depresses the poo poo out of me every time I watch it. "The good boy died" is cheating.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
You're not wrong but dead dog episodes make me go walk my Ana and give her extra hugs. It's cheating in the only good way possible.

Who's the best TV? YOU ARE, Dead Ratings Grab!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I just didn't like it because it's cheap. Put a dog death into anything and it will top the lists of "tearjerkers". Look at the movie Hachi. It's a pretty bad movie but it still depresses the poo poo out of me every time I watch it. "The good boy died" is cheating.

Hachi is based on a true story. A dog walked to the train station every day to meet his owner, and kept doing it for almost a decade after the owner died. There's a statue of him there now.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I know, I saw the movie, where they tell you exactly that. That makes it even sadder, but it's still a mediocre movie that in spite of that makes you feel things.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I find that stuff sad but also stupid. I can appreciate the real thing without having the comedy cartoon try to have Deep Cuts about... dogs?

Dogs being good girls and boys is not a take. It’s just the show yelling at me to be sad.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I find that stuff sad but also stupid. I can appreciate the real thing without having the comedy cartoon try to have Deep Cuts about... dogs?

Dogs being good girls and boys is not a take. It’s just the show yelling at me to be sad.

exactly, it's too easy. I'll still watch it when I'm in one of those moods where I want to be sad, but it's not exactly groundbreaking cinema.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The best Futurama was bender lost in space

it explored religion and butts and poo poo beer

would you like to know more? perhaps don't watch so much tv

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The best Futurama episode was the one where Fry gets infected by the worms. The king's family came over on The Sandwich!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

The best Futurama episode was the one where Fry gets infected by the worms. The king's family came over on The Sandwich!

classic

and you learn words about body parts

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

"This is gonna be one hell of a bowel movement; he'll be lucky if he has any bones left."

Still makes me laugh because I am very immature.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My partner's mom got us a loving expensive keurig machine and a bunch of keurig pods for christmas. Because... we like coffee?

I shouldn't be expected to be happy and thankful for this PoS that we if anything, actively didn't want (earlier this year we stayed with relatives who have a keurig and she was all BOOOOY if I drank coffee as much as you guys do I'd loooove a convenient plastic dispenser like this and we were like "yeah well our machine is fine, especially for multiple people, the one pod at a time thing isn't good for us, but if yooooouuuuu want one get one for you"), while after a month or two of being bombarded with "BUT WHAT DO YOU WAAAAAAAAAANT" we decided on either some dumbbells or another cat tree. Status of those: nope. Which would be fine if we weren't bombarded with questions about what we wanted.

In fact I should be allowed to feel offended and weirded out. She got us a thing that will be handed back to her because we have no loving use for it. And it's like... not an improvement or interesting or in character with us at all? It'd be different if we were happy with our cheapo drip machine and she got us a french press but just nooooo

E: or hell, she knows our toaster kicked it recently and that we're toasting poo poo in the oven. A 20 dollar toaster would be more appreciated because IT IS ACTUALLY A USEFUL THING WE WANT

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Dec 26, 2018

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

syscall girl posted:

I don't watch fambly guy anymore but I enjoy seeing people mad about always sunny and curb your enthusiasm

i don't think these are good role models

and rick sanchez is a terrible human being

e: :quagmire: should be klled off

:same:

But that's also why those are my favorite shows/characters; I really enjoy watching lovely people be lovely to each other and other people.

It's also why I enjoy these forums.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ommin posted:

:same:

But that's also why those are my favorite shows/characters; I really enjoy watching lovely people be lovely to each other and other people.

It's also why I enjoy these forums.

have you eaten a pear?

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."

syscall girl posted:

have you eaten a pear?

I'm sure this is a reference I am not getting at this moment, but I'll go with the truth for convenience: No, I do not like pears.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ommin posted:

I'm sure this is a reference I am not getting at this moment, but I'll go with the truth for convenience: No, I do not like pears.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=96CaWH5St7I

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
and then at that point do they get to the grand canyon

they don't even know what that is

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006

Ok, good, jesus, I'm not losing it. That's what I thought you were talking about.

:hfive:

"I don't have a bucket list because I'm not dying."
"Everybody's dying, bitch."

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t8vAo2gIDSY

this is not unreasonable

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

My partner's mom got us a loving expensive keurig machine and a bunch of keurig pods for christmas. Because... we like coffee?

I shouldn't be expected to be happy and thankful for this PoS that we if anything, actively didn't want (earlier this year we stayed with relatives who have a keurig and she was all BOOOOY if I drank coffee as much as you guys do I'd loooove a convenient plastic dispenser like this and we were like "yeah well our machine is fine, especially for multiple people, the one pod at a time thing isn't good for us, but if yooooouuuuu want one get one for you"), while after a month or two of being bombarded with "BUT WHAT DO YOU WAAAAAAAAAANT" we decided on either some dumbbells or another cat tree. Status of those: nope. Which would be fine if we weren't bombarded with questions about what we wanted.

In fact I should be allowed to feel offended and weirded out. She got us a thing that will be handed back to her because we have no loving use for it. And it's like... not an improvement or interesting or in character with us at all? It'd be different if we were happy with our cheapo drip machine and she got us a french press but just nooooo

E: or hell, she knows our toaster kicked it recently and that we're toasting poo poo in the oven. A 20 dollar toaster would be more appreciated because IT IS ACTUALLY A USEFUL THING WE WANT

Disposable cup based coffee machines are big time retarded and i dont know why people buy that poo poo instead of just superior filter coffee

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Shibawanko posted:

Disposable cup based coffee machines are big time retarded and i dont know why people buy that poo poo instead of just superior filter coffee

Aside from the fact that they're a fancy new fad there's no arguing about what coffee to have with a Keurig. Granted the plastic cups are atrocious for the environment so the drat things should just go away.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Aside from the fact that they're a fancy new fad there's no arguing about what coffee to have with a Keurig. Granted the plastic cups are atrocious for the environment so the drat things should just go away.

Google the dumpster kuerig effect

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They are a bad value because each pod has very little coffee grounds. People complain about third wave coffee places being too expensive but you typically get 3-4 times more coffee grounds in your cup.

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
Ok, here it goes...PHUO: Coffee is overhyped. It's caffeine distribution. It's no different than soda.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They taste different though. I like caffeine in the form of coffee and not from tea or soda.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ommin posted:

Ok, here it goes...PHUO: Coffee is overhyped. It's caffeine distribution. It's no different than soda.

goto McDonald's

pay 1 dollar

say thank you to the person with the thankless job

enjoy coca cola never remember what coke did

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We already passed the last deadline to turn things around and save the planet, so at this point the only chance it has is some miracle machine invention.

Go wild with your pods it doesn’t matter anymore.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

We already passed the last deadline to turn things around and save the planet, so at this point the only chance it has is some miracle machine invention.

Go wild with your pods it doesn’t matter anymore.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714963

just go from here

Some explanation is that he studied ES in college and took a hard pass on that for CS

syscall girl has a new favorite as of 08:59 on Dec 26, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

They are a bad value because each pod has very little coffee grounds. People complain about third wave coffee places being too expensive but you typically get 3-4 times more coffee grounds in your cup.

Refillable K-cup things exist. I had some to use at the office. One got stolen, I lost the other. But yeah, they aren't even all that good of coffee and are hideously overpriced. I kept debating just buying a regular drip coffee maker for my box but I don't do that job anymore so eh.

Ommin posted:

I drink at least a pot of coffee a day and yeah, I have to agree. It's totally overhyped; especially fancy coffee shop drinks. It's nice to get something like that occasionally but I'll never understand people that get Starbucks every single day. Then again I just want regular black coffee that tastes like coffee.

It's probably marketing ruining everything again; certain kinds of overpriced coffee-based drinks are now associated with certain times of year so you have to get one when that time of year comes around. Getting people to buy more coffee means pushing variety even though when it comes to regular consumption whatever comes in a big can and doesn't make me go broke is good enough.

Granted I also enjoy tea enough that I order Early Grey tea by the case as I go through it quickly enough to warrant that so yeah.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

There's that and they usually also taste like poo poo compared to simple black filter coffee from a good brand.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Keurig coffee is fine. At my current job we have a big one in the office and it's so much better having to bring your own kcups and being able to just go grab a cup whenever instead of the following annoyances of a communal pot: the people who never pay, the people who leave the last 1/5 of a cup in and don't make a new pot, the people who don't take the filters/grounds out, etc. It's more expensive to me and there's the environmental aspect, but it's worth it to me to get one over on the coffee delinquents of the office.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Kcups are disgusting. You have no idea when the coffee was roasted, you have no idea when it was ground, and it's function is literally no different than a normal drip machine that makes like 3 times the amount of coffee. lovely drip machine coffee isn't ideal for me but it's so much better than k cups.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Kcups are disgusting. You have no idea when the coffee was roasted, you have no idea when it was ground, and it's function is literally no different than a normal drip machine that makes like 3 times the amount of coffee. lovely drip machine coffee isn't ideal for me but it's so much better than k cups.

I have basically no standards/taste when it comes to coffee. I like instant coffee, airplane coffee, gas station coffee, whatever, I still like it. I've tried the like 60+ dollars a pound stuff and while it was good, I honestly probably couldn't pick it out of a blind coffee lineup.

I know it's dumb but I hate pulling out the soggy filter from a drip machine and hoping I don't rip it and spill grounds everywhere. With a kcup I just pluck it out and toss it at the trash, and if I miss nothing bad happens, I just go over and try again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Keurig coffee is fine. At my current job we have a big one in the office and it's so much better having to bring your own kcups and being able to just go grab a cup whenever instead of the following annoyances of a communal pot: the people who never pay, the people who leave the last 1/5 of a cup in and don't make a new pot, the people who don't take the filters/grounds out, etc. It's more expensive to me and there's the environmental aspect, but it's worth it to me to get one over on the coffee delinquents of the office.

How much grounds to use created such a rift in one of my offices that me and the other guy involved got pulled into a meeting to discuss finding a resolution. We both thought it was hilarious, but management....management felt that stealing a pot from another floor was going too far to make sure our own floor could have both a two pack and a three pack pot of coffee.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
All coffee ends up tasting like stale and gross coffee once it is precisely 18 minutes old. It doesn't matter if you triple distilled the water and poured it over coffee beans grown and roasted by caffeine worshiping monks.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Find an instant coffee you like and there's no reason to bother with anything else really

I find barista coffee so hit and miss and filter coffee or french press are just grainy

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
I like my Keurig because I can put my own grounds into a little filter and quickly brew a single cup of coffee without having to brew a whole pot that I'm not going to drink or use any wasteful environment destroying pods.

An unpopular opinion, apparently.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Clam Chowdown posted:

I like my Keurig because I can put my own grounds into a little filter and quickly brew a single cup of coffee without having to brew a whole pot that I'm not going to drink or use any wasteful environment destroying pods.

An unpopular opinion, apparently.

Yeah you can easily enough make a keurig into a handy little machine, people just have to get on our level. :hfive:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah you can easily enough make a keurig into a handy little machine, people just have to get on our level. :hfive:

I mean you're still paying a lot for a machine that does essentially the same thing as a regular drip coffee machine but not as good and with less coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

It would help if they made single serve machines that weren't total garbage. I've tried a ton - the scoop thing from hamilton beach, a bunch of different sharper image ones, even other pod things like senseo and keurig is just better aside from the expense part of it.