Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
In my head I expect Agito to win this because he seems to have some sort of beef with either Niko or the Niko style, but I kind of want Gensai to win since I never expected him to be such a beast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Gensai knew Niko and has yet to interact with ohma

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Yeah but Gensai's reaction was more "Hmm, Niko's student" and Agito's was like "FUCKIN NIKO" and therefore way more interesting

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Gensai's reaction to Demonsbane being used by Ohma was I think the first time he's ever been shown to view another fighter with genuine admiration instead of simple respect or disdain.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So what do you guys imagine as the soundtrack to this fight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-gN-rUxtio

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Silence

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
This is a lot like Doppo vs Yujiro but I hope it doesn't end the same way.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Now we are finally cowboys.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

So what do you guys imagine as the soundtrack to this fight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-gN-rUxtio

imo this goes well with Waka vs Ohma fight because it had the feeling.

Gensai vs Agito seems more sinister.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

We finally get the agito back story

https://mangadex.org/chapter/506606/1

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That's a pretty neat backstory actually

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

kuroki you fool if you don't flashback soon you'll lose your chance

hope he devils lances with his foot

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 27, 2018

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

where the red fern gropes posted:

kuroki you fool if you don't flashback soon you'll lose your chance

hope he devils lances with his foot

He's saving his flashbacks for the finals.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The fang flash backed first, his fate is sealed

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I was instantly reminded of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY0uazTQLrA

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The fang flash backed first, his fate is sealed

It was Metsudo, not Agito

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fellis posted:

flashback by proxy is still a flashback

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Wakatsuki's CEO looks great for 61.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Fellis posted:

Agito truly is a slippery devil

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Gensai is getting pummeled but he's going down swinging. He's gonna Devil's Lance with his penis if he needs to, the crazy old man.

Agito needs to eat something big before the fight's done to justify Ohma even having a fighting chance, regardless of the latter doing some bullshit power-up stacking with the Advance and his Niko Style Swiss Army Knife Kit.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well he's clearly going to eat a loss, so I suppose that would justify it.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
how much do you want to bet the "real" Niko had something to do with Agito's upbringing? Which could also explain why he knows some of the Niko style techniques.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

Gensai is getting pummeled but he's going down swinging. He's gonna Devil's Lance with his penis if he needs to, the crazy old man.

Agito needs to eat something big before the fight's done to justify Ohma even having a fighting chance, regardless of the latter doing some bullshit power-up stacking with the Advance and his Niko Style Swiss Army Knife Kit.

Ohma's gonna die and nothing'll stop that aside from some Rogue-like life force stealing so he's gonna go all out since he's at the finals. Gensai, Julius and Wakatsuki were powerful but nothing can compare to the power of Advance X10 Ironbreaker.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

how much do you want to bet the "real" Niko had something to do with Agito's upbringing? Which could also explain why he knows some of the Niko style techniques.

Taking from Kure's metaphor, the two Guardian guys with Advance had centipede tattoos.

Ohma also ate a centipede during his training but that's probably unrelated...

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I think it's pretty interesting that Erioh, the patriarch of the Kure Clan which is effectively an ancient eugenics project designed to create perfect hired killers, is openly horrified in the flashback.

He's like "man, I might be genetically designed to be a really good murderer and so are all of my children and grandchildren but poo poo this is hosed up".

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kanos posted:

I think it's pretty interesting that Erioh, the patriarch of the Kure Clan which is effectively an ancient eugenics project designed to create perfect hired killers, is openly horrified in the flashback.

He's like "man, I might be genetically designed to be a really good murderer and so are all of my children and grandchildren but poo poo this is hosed up".

The Kure's plan is based off "lets gently caress our way into superpowers" of course they would be put off on "infinite death killing until our weapon emerges fully formed."

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

The Kure's plan is based off "lets gently caress our way into superpowers" of course they would be put off on "infinite death killing until our weapon emerges fully formed."

I mean, they're all trained as assassins from pretty much the word go. Karla is supposed to be one of the deadliest killers in the entire world-renowned clan and she's a teenager, which means she was taught to kill people as a child.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Kanos posted:

I mean, they're all trained as assassins from pretty much the word go. Karla is supposed to be one of the deadliest killers in the entire world-renowned clan and she's a teenager, which means she was taught to kill people as a child.

Yeah but the kure also don't kill off members to hone one person, every member from what we see more or less gets attention, love, family... and assassination training.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kanos posted:

Just like Killua

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Ohma's gonna die and nothing'll stop that aside from some Rogue-like life force stealing so he's gonna go all out since he's at the finals. Gensai, Julius and Wakatsuki were powerful but nothing can compare to the power of Advance X10 Ironbreaker.

The sequel probably dealing with the real Niko is a pretty good plot defense to dying

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Can I just say I love how the manga has handled fang? He'd be a supreme douchebag in any other manga but he's more of a socially awkward dork that's too into fighting and doesn't know his own strength here. He's killed some people but it wasn't out of malice. Which is a nice touch. Also his loyalty to his boss is adorable. I'd really like to see how fang interacts with the metsudo family

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hopefully Fang gets some Omake time at the end of the volume. They have been real good at expanding the fighters.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
First, there was the Devil Lance.

Then, there was

Begemot posted:

THE

DEVIL

ELBOW

Now, after Agito broke four fingers on the hand of the right arm and dislocated the elbow of the left arm, there is the Devil Thumb.

Next chapter, Agito is gonna break that remaining thumb, and Gensai will go: "When they called me the Devil Lance, it wasn't my hands they were talking about".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

First, there was the Devil Lance.

Then, there was

Now, after Agito broke four fingers on the hand of the right arm and dislocated the elbow of the left arm, there is the Devil Thumb.

Next chapter, Agito is gonna break that remaining thumb, and Gensai will go: "When they called me the Devil Lance, it wasn't my hands they were talking about".

And then he Gokus straight through Agito's stomach like he's King Piccolo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That last panel was so dope.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The broken fingers in this comic always make me cringe. For some reason it seems to be one of the most common injuries that the author is comfortable writing into fights, too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gensai just relocating his elbow as far as I can tell by trying to punch agito owns

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter!!!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/507447/1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy poo poo! HOLY poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008