Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Does anyone have a list of the butchers prices for online? I hate getting to him only to find out that I shoulda stowed the perfect turkey carcass instead of the perfect badger carcass....the best I've found is just this one but its missing a lot of stuff still

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/a1s8w8/online_animal_resell_prices/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

is there any way to defend yourself without breaking the god drat law in this game?
i was walking around in saint-denis and some kids lured me into an alley where a bunch of thugs pulled guns on me so i run away and these guys are chasing me, shooting up the whole city... after taking like 10 bullets in the back i turn around and shoot one of the guys in the head and now im suddenly wanted for murder when the cops didnt give a poo poo a bunch of hooligans were trying to kill me in the middle of the street

my solution was to run to the nearest cop and put him between me and the guys shooting, if they hit the cop it becomes an all out gun battle between npc's

ZeusCannon posted:

Just loving punch em out.

equip any rifle or shotgun get close and use the melee button (o on ps4) instead of the trigger and you knock them out with one rifle butt to the head

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
is there a way to skip horse rides? at least in missions? it's really making me not want to play the game.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Foul Fowl posted:

is there a way to skip horse rides? at least in missions? it's really making me not want to play the game.

You’re very wrong. Keep an eye out for animals with pelts you need while you ride around. Enjoy the scenery and rob a few dudes. Or just throw that poo poo on auto travel and hit the bong and answer text messages/poop.

For extra cowboy role playing travel place to place using signs in first person. I might actually try an entire run in first person without a radar since I’m sorta bored with RDO.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
is that a no? i'm not really interested in finishing the game if half of it is gonna be horserides and leaving it on autopilot. i had fun with the open world stuff but it's kinda boring now so i'll probably trade it in for spider man or something else.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

There’s some fast travel options for free roam; stagecoaches and trains and there’s also a camp upgrade that lets you fast travel one-way to various destinations from arthurs tent. But no real way to skip in-mission rides, no.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Ainsley McTree posted:

There’s some fast travel options for free roam; stagecoaches and trains and there’s also a camp upgrade that lets you fast travel one-way to various destinations from arthurs tent. But no real way to skip in-mission rides, no.

bummer. thank you.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
At least you gave it a try. :)

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Riding between missions is like half the fun

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Does spider Man let you skip in mission trips or do you have to swing every where?

Parkour Lewis
Apr 10, 2002

Yes I wanna play.
I really really do.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I got another one whilst out hunting in Roanoke Ridge.

Apparently there are quite a few different ones. It's a good job I don't play with headphones!

Happened to me again ten minutes later, same spot. Just NE of the "G" in Hennigan's.," Sounded like about thirty voices screaming out in torture pain, for about one second.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

KoRMaK posted:

Does spider Man let you skip in mission trips or do you have to swing every where?

Spider-Man never has you travel for 10 minutes between objectives. You actually can use fast travel during missions for the rare instance the objective location is on the other side of the map from where you started it. And the webswinging is more engaging than turning on cinematic camera and setting the controller down.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

KoRMaK posted:

swinging looks like a lot of fun in that game. travelling anywhere in red dead is very tedious, to me. i think there's a lot of unnecessarily tedious things in this game. i wish there was more shooting and less of the other stuff. but i had fun with it.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Not sure if this is old news, but...

Apparently the Sharpshooter challenge which requires you to get seven headshots in a row doesn't require the targets to be human. Fending off a pack of wolves was enough to clear that challenge for me.

Whether that means you can cheese that challenge by shooting barnyard animals, I don't know. It could be that it only works on hostile wildlife like wolves and cougars and such.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

rap music posted:

Ho ho ho merry christmas

Here is my fishtruck technique hopefully it help someone!!!!

:siren: goons only thank you happy holidays :siren:

https://youtu.be/9KPvvtm6JrY

Tips:

Obv find a deserted valentine

You want this exact cart because it has no tailgate for your loot to escape from. It spawns in and immediately around valentine from 6am to 6pm

There are several spots along the river this works at but I’m showing you the best one imo. Dense pike spawn, narrow river section for shorter casts and catches, good fish droppin ledge.

Once you clear all the pike in an area (usually 3-6) don’t bother looking for more as they shan’t spawn

Get good at unloading your fishtruck because you can waste a lot of time fumbling around. First person helps with precision!

Good luck! :coolfish:

I was doing this near the Owanjila dam outside Strawberry and someone rode up and stole my cart while I was catching a fish, my only recourse was to put three arrows in the forehead of his horse he left behind. While fishing you don't get a mini map in the corner of your screen so you should have the map open on the companion app to watch out for thieves and killers.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

winter.mute posted:

I was doing this near the Owanjila dam outside Strawberry and someone rode up and stole my cart while I was catching a fish, my only recourse was to put three arrows in the forehead of his horse he left behind. While fishing you don't get a mini map in the corner of your screen so you should have the map open on the companion app to watch out for thieves and killers.

This is a pro tip and great use of the RDR2 app.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

rap music posted:

There’s a magic fountain in st denis

Also I’m about 40 levels below the saved custom outfit I’m wearing via tailor theft bug :v:

Veritas posted:

What's the bug, and how do you do it? I need some new duds.

I am also interested in this technique, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Reign Of Pain posted:

Does anyone have a list of the butchers prices for online?

This one seems all right.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Haha, while getting one of those companion items, a rancher shot at me for trespassing while he was standing near a pig sty.

I head shotted him and to my surprise his pigs proceeded to eat his body. Love small details like this!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Yeah, that's the most efficient way to dispose of a body in the game

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Yeah, thats a lot better. Thank you.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
I know this is an old hat question, but anyone still playing RDR2 on a original PS4? Is the performance tolerable? I keep wanting to wait for the PC version but with no official news out it feels like it's going to be another year if at all and I think I'm ready to just pick it up for PS4 in that case.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

nessin posted:

I know this is an old hat question, but anyone still playing RDR2 on a original PS4? Is the performance tolerable? I keep wanting to wait for the PC version but with no official news out it feels like it's going to be another year if at all and I think I'm ready to just pick it up for PS4 in that case.

I am, other than the initial load from the title screen taking a couple minutes it runs great. RDO is closer to the loading times in GTAO though, so if online not sucking is a dealbreaker than I would hold off.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

nessin posted:

I've seen no problems with mine

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So which parts of the game are randomly/procedurally generated? Like, are there a finite amount of bounties? Do those 'person by the side of the road' missions go on forever?

I'm just trying to figure out what not to give a poo poo about once i've done a sufficient enough number of them to feel like ive done enough.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Wolfsheim posted:

RDO is closer to the loading times in GTAO though

I disagree

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I play on an original or damned near original ps4 and it runs great. Only had 2 lockups. I bought the digital version though, so I didn't have to wait an hour for the disc to install.

I turned off the fake hdr cause it looks weird, though.

Runs great, and only had pop in happen a few times when I'm hauling rear end on a horse into town or something. Sometimes it takes a second for the town to populate. Nothing major at all.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

nessin posted:

It's more than tolerable for me honestly. It looks beautiful and is great.

I've had maybe one or two moments where St. Denis or Valentine were hitching and had one weird moment of pop-in at the camp once. But keep in mind that this with near 100 hours of play.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

nessin posted:

Totally fine, with rare visual glitches that resolve quickly (and I couldn’t say if that’s an original PS4 thing necessarily).

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Just started Epilogue 1: This is a cool way to handle the post-game but I’m a little bummed that all of my cool stuff is gone (outfits, guns, horse, dozens of tonics, etc.). I was hoping to be able to gently caress around after the story with my guy all kitted out. Without spoiling too much, does it end up being pretty easy to get back on my feet in terms of good gear? Yes or no would be fine.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Bold Robot posted:

Just started Epilogue 1: This is a cool way to handle the post-game but I’m a little bummed that all of my cool stuff is gone (outfits, guns, horse, dozens of tonics, etc.). I was hoping to be able to gently caress around after the story with my guy all kitted out. Without spoiling too much, does it end up being pretty easy to get back on my feet in terms of good gear? Yes or no would be fine.

Yes

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Bold Robot posted:

Yes.

I started a new game. Doing compass only and first person only. My biggest complaint so far is how hard it is to tell if you’re in cover in first person. I’m also going evil this time since I was honorable the first go.

Cobaltshift
Jul 15, 2013

winter.mute posted:

If you're worried about people coming up on you it's also really fast/fun/easy to bow fish with small game arrows, won't damage the fish. I've been farming a lot of fish with the bow because it's a nice change of pace and you can get pretty darn fast at it.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Bold Robot posted:

Yep.

You'll actually get your guns and ammo back in the middle of Epilogue 1, as well as the clothes you bought, Arthur's journal and satchel (though only documents and valuables. So if you got stuff to sell or treasure maps to complete you're in luck!)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Yes.

I started a new game. Doing compass only and first person only. My biggest complaint so far is how hard it is to tell if you’re in cover in first person. I’m also going evil this time since I was honorable the first go.

Evil all the way through makes the gang interactions in cutscenes seem very disjointed. John just punched me out for telling his kid he looked like an Escuella or a Williamson instead of a Marston, but then we're riding off together talking about how we need to look out for each other.

Did make the Mary Beth "I'm a craaaaaaazy man" conversations make more sense though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah that’s another thing I don’t like about low honor. Although the options are certainly there for you to choose, the main plot nonetheless is a redemption story that doesn’t make any sense if you’re always careening head first back onto your bullshit

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

winter.mute posted:

I am also interested in this technique, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter

Goes like this:

Go to the blackwater or st denis tailor and open the catalog

Peruse until you find the particular item in the color you want and it is shown on your character

Hold L2 for the remainder of this process

Close the tailor's catalog and open your personal catalog by holding left on the dpad

Go to clothing -> accessories and buy something cheap like the string necktie in any color

Close your catalog

Go to the tailor's changing room and select "boots"

As the view zooms in on your feet, you will see the item you originally wanted appear on your character and you can now release L2

While the item is not actually in your wardrobe, it's now a part of your custom outfit and can be saved as such

Enjoy!

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Why has nobody talked about the most important part of this game yet?

The keyhole in the dooooooor!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ignis posted:

Yeah, that's the most efficient way to dispose of a body in the game

You can also feed bodies to Gators. Mind you, not the ones sunbathing, they are resting. You feed them to ones you can't see, they are in waste deep water in the bayou. They'll come up and snatch the body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Cage Kicker posted:

Why has nobody talked about the most important part of this game yet?

The keyhole in the dooooooor!

?