Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Please stream Dukevision, I've always been tempted but I've never actually bought it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Please stream Dukevision, I've always been tempted but I've never actually bought it

i heard they just crudely inserted the duke in and he keeps saying stuff like "who the hell are you?" at the story going on around him it sounds amazing

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

working at my desk

I don’t know why I bought this poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

i heard they just crudely inserted the duke in and he keeps saying stuff like "who the hell are you?" at the story going on around him it sounds amazing

Yeah I've watched the first like 30 minutes and he just keeps saying poo poo like I'm the duke baby! Hail to the King! for every line of dialogue. Enormous improvement over the original

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

working at my desk

lol. I’m working too at least until the Switch comes in and I sneak out early. But I’m listening to the Morrowind soundtrack, so I’m gaming in spirit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Yeah I've watched the first like 30 minutes and he just keeps saying poo poo like I'm the duke baby! Hail to the King! for every line of dialogue. Enormous improvement over the original

hahaha yes!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

working at my desk

this game loving sucks!!!

Same

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Elite dangerous and DQXI

Got 75 bucks in microsoft gift cards. Not sure what i want to buy with that.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

working at my desk

this game loving sucks!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

currently grinding the "connect to Skype call" minigame. gotta power level my computer skill somehow

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
going to finish my game of civ iv and maybe ill actually start back on wind waker again

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Me too. :( I've got next week off though, at least. So I should be able to get a decent amount of gaming done then.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Depends on how successful I am at finally getting my new Switch to connect to the internet. If not, more single-player Smash and back to Ni No Kuni 2. If I am, I’ll browse the eShop and see what happens

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Monster Hunter World and GU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gonna buy my friends monster hunter and slaughter beasts in the name of science.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gonna be on the train for a while today so it's gonna be Apollo Justice

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

My Switch and Smash Bros arrive today, so that once it comes in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD94dVu8lqQ

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
got a gamestop gift card so i went to gamestop and bought whatever switch games looked interesting. I got Ys VIII, Super Bomberman R and Captain Toad. also a 128gb sd card so i can unarchive all the games i had to archive to install Smash, so i will prolly be trying out all of those tonight.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys VIII is cool even though (or because) it looks like a ps2 game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Are any versions of Ys VIII unfucked by now? Last I checked NISA had patched the entire game a second time or something and it was still broken and badly translated

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Woke up at like 1pm due to ZeldaThon hype but I'm gonna did into Hitman again tonight.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hollow Knight, finally, since it was on sale on the switch

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Made it thru Chapter 2 of TYD and it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered, in fact it wasn't bad at all. I must've just been a retarded little kid

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Are any versions of Ys VIII unfucked by now? Last I checked NISA had patched the entire game a second time or something and it was still broken and badly translated

I think the PS4 version has the good translation now, I dunno bout the Switch

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mycophobia posted:

got a gamestop gift card so i went to gamestop and bought whatever switch games looked interesting. I got Ys VIII, Super Bomberman R and Captain Toad. also a 128gb sd card so i can unarchive all the games i had to archive to install Smash, so i will prolly be trying out all of those tonight.
I hope you like Bomberman R because I really, really didn't.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
the cutscenes are dumb as hell and the framerate is weirdly inconsistent. but its definitely bomberman

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ok Captain Toad is really good

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The switch and Ps4 versions have both had relocalization patches now.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Hizke posted:

The switch and Ps4 versions have both had relocalization patches now.

Sweet.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

How does the Switch version run. The PS4 version is on sale but I’d rather get Switch if it’s a deece port.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

How does the Switch version run. The PS4 version is on sale but I’d rather get Switch if it’s a deece port.

it's a bit shy of a deece port, i played on switch and still enjoyed it but if you have a PS4 i'd definitely say get it there. 60fps is a big upgrade from 30 in an action game built around a perfect dodge mechanic

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tales of Woe posted:

it's a bit shy of a deece port, i played on switch and still enjoyed it but if you have a PS4 i'd definitely say get it there. 60fps is a big upgrade from 30 in an action game built around a perfect dodge mechanic

Fair enough, maybe I’ll just get it on PS4, thanks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im sure it runs better than the Vita version which is where I played it but maybe it doesnt bc NISA are geniuses.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I heard the PC port sucks large amounts of rear end so I certainly shan’t be getting that one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

In Training posted:

Im sure it runs better than the Vita version which is where I played it but maybe it doesnt bc NISA are geniuses.

its def better than the vita version like its got all the extra detail like foliage and poo poo they added in the ps4 version but at 30fps and the adaptive resolution dips a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

finished the xmas case in ace attorney 1 earlier...badass