Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bio-Hazard posted:

The difference between story and online is that I only occasionally get killed when I try to travel to the butcher in single player. In online it's virtually guaranteed. Why do I even play this game online?

How would its target audience have fun without something to shoot at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can someone recommend me a good end-game (like past the epilogues) horse? My Turkoman got killed when I rode it off a cliff. I bought a new, cool looking horse but it is pretty slow. I don't want to buy another Arabian either.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

KoRMaK posted:

Gta online for PC used to have a group - is there a social club or something xbone (my current platform) can all join. Besides the discord....

titties posted:

The social club group is LLJK, crew thread here

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

Can someone recommend me a good end-game (like past the epilogues) horse? My Turkoman got killed when I rode it off a cliff. I bought a new, cool looking horse but it is pretty slow. I don't want to buy another Arabian either.

I don’t know which Turkoman you had but the Dark Bay Turkoman from Blackwater is gorgeous, the best looking of all the Turkomans in my opinion, and you can get a beautiful painted Missouri Fox Trotter from Blackwater as well, super fast and reliable. Horse aesthetics were big for me... loved all the different choices.

Also the Nokota you can get from St Denis at ch 4 is the fastest possible. It’s small but it looks good at small, looks much more sturdy than the puny Arabians, and throw some dreadlocks on its mane and it looks like a bad rear end plains native war pony

BlackJosh fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Dec 28, 2018

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I've read that just from playing the game, you'll end up rolling in money. I take it this happens after chapter 2? I've currently done all the missions and side missions as they've popped up (following a list in order to not miss any of the missable ones) and while i was getting a nice chunk of change it seems to have dried up in the most recent ones.

I suppose the mission content is to do with it though, like i just broke a guy out of prison, then stole an oil tanker and went fishing and all that did was give me huge bounties to pay off instead of money (pretty much bringing me back down to 0 cash). At this point should i just plough on through story missions into chapter 3? With the fishing mission it still feels kind of tutorialy.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

BlackJosh posted:

I don’t know which Turkoman you had but the Dark Bay Turkoman from Blackwater is gorgeous, the best looking of all the Turkomans in my opinion, and you can get a beautiful painted Missouri Fox Trotter from Blackwater as well, super fast and reliable. Horse aesthetics were big for me... loved all the different choices.

I had a golden brown one. It looked great, but I kinda want something else, I'll check out your other suggestions.
Pretty annoying that different stables have different horses tbf, there should be like a horse catalogue too.

Animax
Nov 7, 2015

Kin posted:

I've read that just from playing the game, you'll end up rolling in money. I take it this happens after chapter 2? I've currently done all the missions and side missions as they've popped up (following a list in order to not miss any of the missable ones) and while i was getting a nice chunk of change it seems to have dried up in the most recent ones.

I suppose the mission content is to do with it though, like i just broke a guy out of prison, then stole an oil tanker and went fishing and all that did was give me huge bounties to pay off instead of money (pretty much bringing me back down to 0 cash). At this point should i just plough on through story missions into chapter 3? With the fishing mission it still feels kind of tutorialy.

Yeah I never did any side quests at all. You don't need to think about money to be honest with you. A bunch of weapons you'll get for free aswell by just playing the game.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If you go out and explore you can come across weapons hidden around the world in stranger encounters (not missions, just random people and places around the world).

Blast through the story missions till chapter 3 and then just chill and relax. There's a couple of money making story missions that ensure you have some cash.

Go forth and enjoy the world. There's a few stranger missions locked around later chapters, and the weapons unlock in later chapters, but there's a ton to do in the world.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So I got sick of my free red Arabian in RDO throwing me off whenever a lizard walked near them, and figured I would buy a warhorse because I can't buy a multi at my rank yet.

...Holy poo poo, my Hungarian-half bred is a big boy! :stare:

He towers over other horses, and it's more like riding a bear than a horse.

I love it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

What's the point of the mask if I still get a bounty to pay anyway?

Do I have to go back to an area with a completely different set of clothes and hairstyle to get away with it or something?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Shout out to the goon who shared that clothing glitch. Got my dude looking hella fly, but I have noticed I get disconnected a lot more after doing it. Dunno if it's related.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

If you go out and explore you can come across weapons hidden around the world in stranger encounters (not missions, just random people and places around the world).

Blast through the story missions till chapter 3 and then just chill and relax. There's a couple of money making story missions that ensure you have some cash.

Go forth and enjoy the world. There's a few stranger missions locked around later chapters, and the weapons unlock in later chapters, but there's a ton to do in the world.

Definitely do a thing with Bill in Chapter 3, then explore the three corners of the world that don't insta-kill you. Bring a pump with slugs.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Upmarket Mango posted:

Shout out to the goon who shared that clothing glitch. Got my dude looking hella fly, but I have noticed I get disconnected a lot more after doing it. Dunno if it's related.

it isn't, the clothes thing has been around since gtao launch

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Chapter 5 observation:

The song that plays after you return from Guarma while Arthur is riding to check out Shady Belle. So incredibly chill and my favorite part of the game by far.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kin posted:

What's the point of the mask if I still get a bounty to pay anyway?

Do I have to go back to an area with a completely different set of clothes and hairstyle to get away with it or something?

You’ll get a bounty if cops see you, even if you’re wearing the mask. The benefit of the mask is just that civilian witnesses can’t identify you, so as long as you clear the scene of the crime before cops show up (and are sure to avoid them as they travel to the scene) you won’t get a bounty. I’m pretty sure that’s how it works anyway.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Upmarket Mango posted:

This glitch also works for holsters and gun belts. Do the same thing at a gun store, then run down to the tailor and look at your boots in the wardrobe.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Upmarket Mango posted:

How far back was that posted? I missed it.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Here you go buddy

rap music posted:

Goes like this:

Go to the blackwater or st denis tailor and open the catalog

Peruse until you find the particular item in the color you want and it is shown on your character

Hold L2 for the remainder of this process

Close the tailor's catalog and open your personal catalog by holding left on the dpad

Go to clothing -> accessories and buy something cheap like the string necktie in any color

Close your catalog

Go to the tailor's changing room and select "boots"

As the view zooms in on your feet, you will see the item you originally wanted appear on your character and you can now release L2

While the item is not actually in your wardrobe, it's now a part of your custom outfit and can be saved as such

Enjoy!

rap music posted:

Ho ho ho merry christmas

Here is my fishtruck technique hopefully it help someone!!!!

:siren: goons only thank you happy holidays :siren:

https://youtu.be/9KPvvtm6JrY

Tips:

Obv find a deserted valentine

You want this exact cart because it has no tailgate for your loot to escape from. It spawns in and immediately around valentine from 6am to 6pm

There are several spots along the river this works at but I’m showing you the best one imo. Dense pike spawn, narrow river section for shorter casts and catches, good fish droppin ledge.

Once you clear all the pike in an area (usually 3-6) don’t bother looking for more as they shan’t spawn

Get good at unloading your fishtruck because you can waste a lot of time fumbling around. First person helps with precision!

Good luck! :coolfish:

secretly I'm doing this so I can find these again when I need them

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

If you are the only panther, why are you two stars. Compared to what. Look, you clean up and represent your drat self for once man I gotta do other stuff.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

This glitch also works for holsters and gun belts. Do the same thing at a gun store, then run down to the tailor and look at your boots in the wardrobe.

Oh poo poo I was trying to see if I could do it for guns and such. Didn't occur to me to go back to the tailor. Hell yeah

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

turtlecrunch posted:

Here you go buddy

Thanks, pardner! Like this? :v:

Also thanks rap music!

rap music posted:

Goes like this:

Peruse until you find the particular item in the color you want and it is shown on your character

Close the tailor's catalog and open your personal catalog by holding left on the dpad

Go to clothing -> accessories and buy something cheap like the string necktie in any color

Close your catalog

As the view zooms in on your feet, you will see the item you originally wanted appear on your character and you can now release L2

While the item is not actually in your wardrobe, it's now a part of your custom outfit and can be saved as such

Enjoy!

rap music posted:

Ho ho ho merry christmas

Tips:

You want this exact cart because it has no tailgate for your loot to escape from. It spawns in and immediately around valentine from 6am to 6pm

There are several spots along the river this works at but I’m showing you the best one imo. Dense pike spawn, narrow river section for shorter casts and catches, good fish droppin ledge.

Once you clear all the pike in an area (usually 3-6) don’t bother looking for more as they shan’t spawn

Get good at unloading your fishtruck because you can waste a lot of time fumbling around. First person helps with precision!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

Here you go buddy

I think I'm getting it!

rap music posted:

Goes like this:

Close your catalog

Enjoy!

rap music posted:

Ho ho ho merry christmas

Tips:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Cage Kicker posted:

Definitely do a thing with Bill in Chapter 3, then explore the three corners of the world that don't insta-kill you. Bring a pump with slugs.

Cool, i've just started chapter 3, i'm assuming this is pretty much the point where it all opens up or something?

Edit: i mean more than it already has. So far, I feel i've trekked all over the place but in an aimless sort of way.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Chapters 3 and 4 are the most open.

There are even some side activities that don't unlock until the middle of Chapter 4.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

In the old west, you would die if you swam for more than thirty seconds

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I would die now if I swam for more than 30 seconds tbh

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Back then the water was full of gold so it was harder to swim through

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

Douchebag posted:

Chapter 5 observation:

The song that plays after you return from Guarma while Arthur is riding to check out Shady Belle. So incredibly chill and my favorite part of the game by far.

Here you go https://youtu.be/T87TagJnVUE

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

rap music posted:

Ho ho ho merry christmas

Tips:

:rip: Video

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Upmarket Mango posted:

Oh poo poo I was trying to see if I could do it for guns and such. Didn't occur to me to go back to the tailor. Hell yeah

I booted up today and my spiffy bandit belt and holsters were replaced, seems it's not permanent for gun gear even as a saved outfit :(

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

I finished all 90 challenges in Chapter 4 by using the glitch that lets you into New Austin early. Arthur is now the Legend of the East.

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

rap music posted:

it isn't, the clothes thing has been around since gtao launch

thanks to the clothes instructions provided I actually have a good cold weather outfit for my sad low level character
it's strange how the cold weather options are level gated. i guess that's why they finally gave everyone that same free outfit but it's still an odd gameplay decision.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Taking a two-week vacation really killed my interest in finishing the epilogue. I have one challenge left, one legendary fish, and a few legendary animals but meh. I really wish so much content wasn't gated behind the epilogue. I might just power through the story missions and be done with it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/hydinout/status/1078719970509496320

Oh poo poo, the voice actor for Arthur liked my friend's tweet to him!

This calls for a ¡¡¡¡⅄NNƎ˥

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

winter.mute posted:

thanks to the clothes instructions provided I actually have a good cold weather outfit for my sad low level character
it's strange how the cold weather options are level gated. i guess that's why they finally gave everyone that same free outfit but it's still an odd gameplay decision.

enh, jes' eet mor beens, what I do. nothin else smells like my crusty duster and worn stovepipe hat. rolled my char like 6x to get the outfit :toot:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What’s the equivalent of L2 on Xbox? Is it left bumper?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Epilogue: I wish I had saved some treasure maps for the epilogue, I’m poor as hell now.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Is it possible to bottom out Arthur’s honor? I got an achievement for maxing it out, but I can’t get to zero honor no matter how many innocents I murder and rob.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Bold Robot posted:

Epilogue: I wish I had saved some treasure maps for the epilogue, I’m poor as hell now.

Don't worry. Have some faith and you'll get yours.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

What’s the equivalent of L2 on Xbox? Is it left bumper?

I'm pretty sure it's left trigger, and the bumper is L1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

titties posted:

I would die now if I swam for more than 30 seconds tbh

Ainsley McTree posted:

Back then the water was full of gold so it was harder to swim through

It just seems like a cheap way to keep you from swimming across some barrier or another, but all its done is murder me while im trying to swim from one dock to another to run from the police. Two missions so far have ended with Arthur having to swim a big rear end distance in a cutscene, then I'm right back to struggling to barely swim out of the deep part of a pond in warm weather

Also (ch...5? spoiler) was there anything i should have gone looking for in Guarma? There were two points when i had free roam but i just kind of plowed through. There were unique animals and poo poo there, and im sure i didn't see the whole place, do i get to go back?