Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

"remake the game system" may be the vaguest phrase of the y—wait, four days too early for this joke, gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.
Remember too that Nasu has claimed to be done with things before and then released a shitload of new content for them down the line. See "CCC is my last entry in the Fate universe", etc. etc.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

'rework the game system' would probably better be phrased as 'rework the game's structure'

which id interpret as 'more frequent events' or 'individual chapters with no real plot relation to each other sort of like EoR' or whatever

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

All I want from a rework is a reason to have more than 50 crit stars

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Darox posted:

One of us is misunderstanding her skill because I'm pretty sure her first skill doesn't reduce her total damage at all even at level 1. Her damage per hit is halved but her hit count is doubled, and damage per hit only matters for overkill purposes. The overall damage stays the same and then she gets a +0-30% attack bonus on top that doesn't affect her NP. It also doesn't affect her critical damage any more than regular +attack bonuses would. It's like having "2x NP gain, 2x star generation", although higher hitcounts don't map exactly 1:1 like that.

e: Also take note that '2x NP gain' is not the same as '+100% NP gain'.

You're right. It's double hits, half damage with a damage bonus. Maybe I should have just said that. I was trying to describe what it does without getting into the mechanics as a sort of quick overview for anyone who hasn't used her. Just overall damage gain with some interesting extra benefits from having 2x more hits.

What you say about crit damage makes sense. The crit modifier is only applied once and distributed through all the hits of an attack. For some reason I got it in my head that "double hits, double the number of times the crit modifier is applied." Still, my impression of her was that she had very comparable damage to Jalter. I don't see the comparison being made by anyone else, so I will definitely concede that point if anyone has anything contrary to say about that.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I thought about it for a bit, and I have now come to terms with F/GO basically ending at Part 2 with the main story. My resolve to spend money on this game hasn't Wavered, I will continue to do so, so long as it gives me some material happiness to do so, as with any other video game.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
So we've had 'image songs' for a while. But apparently 'image wines' are a thing?

I feel like the Sakura wine should have been a tequila. With a worm in it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

every so often some franchise gets something like that, yeah. imo not a novelty worth importing though

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Those kind of things are usually just mediocre wines anyways.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
are the rants the Demon PIllars make when they do their incineration rituals transcribed anywhere?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Crasical posted:

are the rants the Demon PIllars make when they do their incineration rituals transcribed anywhere?

https://chaldeum.wordpress.com/story/salomon/demon-combat-quotes/

dunno how accurate it is.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Musashi is cool as heck and that's the only reason you need to roll for 'em.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wouldn't mind hardmode versions of older singularities.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

better to roll for her now before you have to deal with her in shimosa anyway

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

dogsicle posted:

every so often some franchise gets something like that, yeah. imo not a novelty worth importing though

Yeah, I remember seeing Final Fantasy ones a couple months ago based off of some of the Eidolons like Ifrit and Shiva.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Dude's a professional translator, his stuff is always legit.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

now begins the great race to scoop up all the fate grand order players.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Already did that

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sorry Musashi, don't blame me, blame the location of your banner (days before Gramps).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's worth also pointing out that Musashi has a gorilla deck, so while she can get a huge amount of mileage out of that first skill she's also very dependent on it. And her having a 6 turn CD when maxed on it is not the worst but also far from being ideal.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I’m going into New Years with 1,047 Quartz, I expect to come out of it with 0 Quartz and no Musashi

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Tae posted:

Already did that

Cool that you’re using Sheba to observe the future of my account

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

lol gently caress I didn't realize Vlad needed pages for his ascensions.

Guess I know who I'm getting from the Berserker gacha now, at least :v:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I saw anime wines when I visited Japan in November.

They were Re:Zero wines though.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I remember the good old days when you were SOL if you missed the event pages, so you needed to grind up blackbeard and do his interlude if you wanted to ascend vlad at all

Ofc he was my first ssr :shepface:

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

SC Bracer posted:

I remember the good old days when you were SOL if you missed the event pages, so you needed to grind up blackbeard and do his interlude if you wanted to ascend vlad at all

Ofc he was my first ssr :shepface:

Remember Gears? Remember how the launch gifts, the Extella Mystic Code event, and Nerofest 1 were our only options? Hope you didn’t roll Hans, Emiya, or Nero!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

On the positive side, if I do get Vlad, he's on a S growth curve so 5 pages will get him most of his stats.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Exia posted:

the Extella Mystic Code event

Do you remember resetting that fight just to get drops? Fun times.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
/Soon/, the final barrier falls, and I finally get to punch that dick in his smug prick face.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

More or less 1 hour left.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
60 minutes to the last pathetic attempt at getting Merlin.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MonsieurChoc posted:

60 minutes to the last pathetic attempt at getting Merlin.

Good luck :)

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

How many story nodes are left after this raid?
a) you basically go punch Solomon right away
b) some nodes, roughly prologue length
c) there's a full singularity behind the raid wall

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Omobono posted:

How many story nodes are left after this raid?
a) you basically go punch Solomon right away
b) some nodes, roughly prologue length
c) there's a full singularity behind the raid wall

There are three more boss fights to the finish (thankfully none are Raid Style), with a hefty chunk of story to go through, so be sure you have time to sit down and absorb all the feels.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Wrong thread lol fuahahahaha

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 29, 2018

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
For a second there I honestly thought that Trump is into FGO.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Billzasilver posted:

Holy poo poo

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 29, 2018

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Pls change this tyvm

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

And we're back in business.
Final pillar down, see you on the other side.

(Preemptive e:fb)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Thanks for this "lanugo + bloodstone tear x 2 + lantern" last gift, Andromalius.