Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Guillermus posted:

I got Finka out of the pack, not bad :haw:

She is super fun, nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i'm pretty sure finka is my highest K:D of all operators even though all i do is get juiced on blood magic and run towards the nearest firefight

the way siege has handled healers so far has been pretty good even though i wish her ability was a bit more than just a blanket raid buff that you press and forget. the low projectile speed on doc's stims is perfect though :sweatdrop:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

big boi posted:

She is super fun, nice

I don't know if is my horrible taste (and I'm an awful player) but the first time I used Finka, used the LMG and just ran sinde the cap zone shooting, killing mute, injuring lesion and of course getting killed by a Kapkan trap (after of course step on Lesion's needle). Dumb fun.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I use her AR now, but the LMG is a ton of fun. The one thing I have trouble remembering is that her ability can pick up injured teammates, which can win a round

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

big boi posted:

I use her AR now, but the LMG is a ton of fun. The one thing I have trouble remembering is that her ability can pick up injured teammates, which can win a round

Super extra bonus points if you get boosted as Cav is checking her six and shoot the bitch.
She then starts spamming allchat "HOW DID YOU GET UP?!!"

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm patiently waiting for the cool 25k renown unlike some posters.

Also Ubi has been super cool with my avatar ban on Anchor.Baby. They're working on getting the ban lifted. Turns out you can't have a picture of a baby as your avatar, even if it's pasted on top of an operator. Overall pretty cool Siegemas.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

White Noise skins aging like fine wine :smugdog:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So, what's the difference between the standard and complete edition?

The starter edition is still poo poo as well, right? It's been over 200 pages so I thought i'd double check.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Archonex posted:

So, what's the difference between the standard and complete edition?

The starter edition is still poo poo as well, right? It's been over 200 pages so I thought i'd double check.

Complete edition comes with the year 1-3 DLC operators unlocked, standard doesn't.

Starter edition is still a scam.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

imo there's no reason to get the complete edition unless you want to spend all your renown on tacticool/goofy cosmetics like

or

instead of just unlocking characters through normal play who all kick rear end regardless of what they're wearing

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I bought the complete edition since it was on sale for $40? At least according to online price histories. Been enjoying getting headshots but I still don't know all the maps

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Sometimes your pro trap placement gets you easy kills and easy wins

Sometimes your potato aim kills the hostage with a frag grenade :smithicide:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Way late to the party on this game, but I'm ready to dance.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Way late to the party on this game, but I'm ready to dance.

You won't know wtf is happening until you've played like 25 hours, and even then you'll have a lot to learn. Just don't reinforce between bomb sites and you'll be fine

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

big boi posted:

You won't know wtf is happening until you've played like 25 hours, and even then you'll have a lot to learn. Just don't reinforce between bomb sites and you'll be fine

As someone with 20 hours of play time, I can confirm this 100%

I AM CARVALLO
Apr 19, 2007

Head Kicker GOTY
Is there anyway to buy (with real life money) operators à la carte?

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

I AM CARVALLO posted:

Is there anyway to buy (with real life money) operators à la carte?

Yes, by buying Ubisoft bux.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

big boi posted:

I have no idea what that even means, so I think I'll just play as Doc and stab needles into people for now.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

well you're already leaps and bounds ahead of most doc mains if you use the stims on your teammates instead of yourself

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Just picked this up (the Complete version)

Add me for tactilol shootmans: S1nn3r_UK

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

The single greatest feeling in Siege is getting three "enemy stepped into frost trap" notifications in under 10 seconds, with one of them being defuser carrier. Suddenly a round that seemed to be lost early was instead won for free essentially.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That and Kapkan traps when the round is about to end and they rush a site to plant.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I'm doing all these situations on Hard. Hopefully that means I won't be as much of a scrub.

This game is cool.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Guillermus posted:

That and Kapkan traps when the round is about to end and they rush a site to plant.

Lesion mines are much better for this you'll find.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'm doing all these situations on Hard. Hopefully that means I won't be as much of a scrub.

This game is cool.

Sorry to say it, but the situations won't help much! :v: Good for free renown, though.

I'd probably also recommend giving t-hunt a go (when you don't feel like playing casual) at some stage though, since it does help with basic map knowledge.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Had a ranked match last night where it came down to a 1 on 1. Their’s was Blitz. He was trying to dance around with our guy but I had tossed down so many gu mines he ended up stepping on 3 in under 2 seconds and bled out into injured. It was a hilarious ending.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The situations aren't bad for learning the maps but a few of them are outdated now (Thermite still has frags in his!)

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
I'm picking this up again after a year off and oh boy there were a bunch of changes. I have 20k renown and I'm going to try and pick up the remaining Y1 ops before the sale ends. Buck, Valk, Cap, and Echo are the ones I don't have, sorted in the order I want to get them.

Guillermus posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ow0sTrR.gifv

There were 10 seconds remaining, and I was spectating Vigil because I died early.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
leak time

quote:

The next operators are called Mozzie and Gridlock. Australian ops.

Gridlock is an attacker and he puts down a red web tracker that when defenders runs into it they get damaged and it makes noise

Mozzie is defender and she puts down a device that when the enemy drones go into it, she can take control of it and use them

also he told me season 2 will have the map Kanal reworked.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

mozzie should get boosted whenever finka uses her ability

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gMPWxOHQzk

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Polka_Rapper posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ow0sTrR.gifv

There were 10 seconds remaining, and I was spectating Vigil because I died early.

Posted already but
https://youtu.be/n1RM5Uf2DII

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011
I was running some t-hunt while waiting to head out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgTeAy_sfeo&hd=1

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Minrad posted:

leak time

Eh, if this is real I'm not convinced about the value of Mazza and Gazza's gadgets; especially the drone thing. (Unless you're lucky enough to scan a Twitch drone, I guess) Could be handy, but to me it seems like it's nothing compared to Maestro and Alibi, for instance.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is it just me or is Fortress a way better "this map is close quarters" map than new Hereford is? Fortress is a very narrow map and a little maze like but even with the short time i was playing on it i never got lost to the degree that i have with new Hereford.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fortress is more elongated. Hereford is still pretty much just a square, which is easier to get lost in because you don't have one direction to use as a reference point.

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
I'm mad about the name mozzie because everyone else gets cool poo poo and Australians get lumped with dumb stuff like that?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Abilities are meh, but I'll buy whichever one gets a road warrior skin

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

steal people's drones? :bisonyes:

imagine what happens when a twitch rolls over your snare. the battlebots meta is going to loving rule

Bullbar posted:

I'm mad about the name mozzie because everyone else gets cool poo poo and Australians get lumped with dumb stuff like that?

mozzie is a perfect name for the drone hijacker because that is going to be one of the best harassment tactics in the game

also capitao is the worst name in the game since his introduction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Hot take: New attacker should have a dirt bike