Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Tashilicious posted:

Crazy woman living with parents makes a shrine to a man she loves but who is being controlled by another woman, forbidden from seeing his child, and being used for sex.

She makes a shrine to give him strength.

Said shrine is literally garbage. Like. Empty wrappers. Stale popcorn. Random poo poo she finds on the ground.

ETA: Like the loving thing is 30 minutes long I barely skipped around in the first six minutes and it was too much for me.

This was funny when Hey Arnold did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I immediately skipped towards the end and she was talking about how he wasn't scared of buying her tampons while she was filming empty cough drop wrappers. Figured that gave me the gist of the entire video and called it a day.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I watched the whole thing, because I hate myself I guess. There's a lot to unpack.

- She is living with her parents, and this seems to be a situation where she's had to move back in for some reason.
- Her parents, especially her father, are terrible hoarders and she's living in garbage. She's attempting to guide her family into a better life, through post-its on the fridge and helping her father with necessary household maintenance which has been neglected, but they're not engaging with her efforts. The house remains a mess.
- She is particularly upset about the fact that she would like to work on her proposed novel ("The Redemption of the Phoenix" or something like that) at the table, but cannot because it is literally covered in garbage. Her father won't let anyone touch his piles of paper, but also won't do it himself, despite being asked several times by his wife and daughter. She blames this on toxic masculinity and not, you know, being a hoarder.
- There is something about a man she loves being controlled by another woman who is only using him for sex, and being forbidden to see his child, but this is never expanded upon or mentioned more than once, unlike everything else which she repeats multiple times in anger and frustration.
- She asked someone (her father?) to get her tampons, and they would not. Without tampons that she cannot get for herself (cost? She mentions being a massage therapist but I don't know if she's working right now) she seems to have woken up in a puddle of blood, ruining sheets and pajamas and a towel. That sucks, girl. I've been there, it sucks. The dog licked the blood off the bedsheets, "because he loves me" and not because dogs like to eat gross things. She briefly goes as far as "men make tampons so I can't use them" but the main beef is that toxic masculinity made her father afraid to get her the tampons she needs.
- She's really mad about the men in her life not treating her as an equal, which is fair imo, but also she yells a lot about how she can solve toxic masculinity if people would just listen to her. She is wise and holds all the answers to life's problems, apparently.
- She has made a shrine to Love, mostly out of garbage that she can put a nice meaning to. She sees this as making beauty out of toxicity, and not hoarding, and this is apparently an essential Woman skill: turning frustration into Love, and making something beautiful out of something terrible. She's a Creative, you see.
- She begs for money several times, so that she can get out of this situation and go to California to stay with her aunts, who don't think she's crazy.

Like, our girl seems to be in a genuinely miserable situation and at the end of her rope. She also seems to be a genuinely hosed up and miserable person herself, possibly because she grew up in this environment.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

RoboRodent posted:

she yells a lot about how she can solve toxic masculinity if people would just listen to her. She is wise and holds all the answers to life's problems, apparently.
I mean, the solution to toxic masculinity is insanely simple, anyone could've come up with the ideal solution. It's just a non-starter because it involves a hybrid approach of both guillotines and not being an irredeemable shitlord. :smithicide:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

RoboRodent posted:

I watched the whole thing, because I hate myself I guess. There's a lot to unpack.

- She is living with her parents, and this seems to be a situation where she's had to move back in for some reason.
- Her parents, especially her father, are terrible hoarders and she's living in garbage. She's attempting to guide her family into a better life, through post-its on the fridge and helping her father with necessary household maintenance which has been neglected, but they're not engaging with her efforts. The house remains a mess.
- She is particularly upset about the fact that she would like to work on her proposed novel ("The Redemption of the Phoenix" or something like that) at the table, but cannot because it is literally covered in garbage. Her father won't let anyone touch his piles of paper, but also won't do it himself, despite being asked several times by his wife and daughter. She blames this on toxic masculinity and not, you know, being a hoarder.
- There is something about a man she loves being controlled by another woman who is only using him for sex, and being forbidden to see his child, but this is never expanded upon or mentioned more than once, unlike everything else which she repeats multiple times in anger and frustration.
- She asked someone (her father?) to get her tampons, and they would not. Without tampons that she cannot get for herself (cost? She mentions being a massage therapist but I don't know if she's working right now) she seems to have woken up in a puddle of blood, ruining sheets and pajamas and a towel. That sucks, girl. I've been there, it sucks. The dog licked the blood off the bedsheets, "because he loves me" and not because dogs like to eat gross things. She briefly goes as far as "men make tampons so I can't use them" but the main beef is that toxic masculinity made her father afraid to get her the tampons she needs.
- She's really mad about the men in her life not treating her as an equal, which is fair imo, but also she yells a lot about how she can solve toxic masculinity if people would just listen to her. She is wise and holds all the answers to life's problems, apparently.
- She has made a shrine to Love, mostly out of garbage that she can put a nice meaning to. She sees this as making beauty out of toxicity, and not hoarding, and this is apparently an essential Woman skill: turning frustration into Love, and making something beautiful out of something terrible. She's a Creative, you see.
- She begs for money several times, so that she can get out of this situation and go to California to stay with her aunts, who don't think she's crazy.

Like, our girl seems to be in a genuinely miserable situation and at the end of her rope. She also seems to be a genuinely hosed up and miserable person herself, possibly because she grew up in this environment.

hosed up daughter of one or more hoarders, possibly schizophrenic or otherwise experiencing delusions, most likely unemployed, and obsessed with the world being unfair to them due to a Large Existential Threat. She seems to have been doing at least OK before her twenties or so given the massage therapist thing. Which suggests a recent change in her mentality, around mid-20's. Wants to escape to somewhere better, with a vague and unclear means of getting there that relies on others to give her money.

As a licensed Pretend Doctor, I prescribe therapy, cootie shots, and not getting vaccinated good day.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

thank u for ur service :patriot:

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

When they said food pyramid it wasn't literal

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dude's turning into a bean bag chair and I'm not ashamed to say I'm a little bit jealous.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I wonder if the seated gentleman is going to make it to his 40th birthday :ohdear:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

text me a vag pic posted:

Thank you for your cervix.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

The guy in blue is my cousin-in-law. Never thought I'd run into kind-of family in this thread but I guess I should have expected it eventually, lol.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

fullroundaction posted:

The guy in blue is my cousin-in-law. Never thought I'd run into kind-of family in this thread but I guess I should have expected it eventually, lol.

This feels like one of those fibonacci posts in text form.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Fullroundaction" eh? You're the guy made out of packing peanuts aren't you?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

fullroundaction posted:

Happy 30th birthday, user/post combo

Efb

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

That same woman also posted this.
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100186784660574&id=173301700&set=a.644601278444&source=48

I'm not sure why... Other than issues.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Solice Kirsk posted:

"Fullroundaction" eh? You're the guy made out of packing peanuts aren't you?

I am not, but I met him at the cousin’s wedding. You’re not going to believe this, but it was nerd themed.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thank god someone else finally recognizes someone they know in this thread. I'm no longer alone. :toot:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Picnic Princess posted:

Thank god someone else finally recognizes someone they know in this thread. I'm no longer alone. :toot:

I accidentally posted someone I know in a previous iteration of this thread. It was a picture of a brony meetup and I didn't even notice them in the picture until someone else pointed it out.

Can't say I was surprised, though. :confuoot:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

fullroundaction posted:

I am not, but I met him at the cousin’s wedding. You’re not going to believe this, but it was nerd themed.

Post it.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Picnic Princess posted:

I've recognized you every time someone posted you.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

fullroundaction posted:

Can’t weddings just be “getting married” themed? Isn’t that enough?

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

AlbieQuirky posted:

Can’t weddings just be “getting married” themed? Isn’t that enough?

Sometimes the theme is "alienate your guests" or "bankrupt yourself." :shrug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

As an attendee, "bankrupt yourself" can be a lot of fun. But in reality the bride and groom are secondary to the open bar and music.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

As an attendee, "bankrupt yourself" can be a lot of fun. But in reality the bride and groom are secondary at best tertiary to the open bar and music.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bees on Wheat posted:

I accidentally posted someone I know in a previous iteration of this thread. It was a picture of a brony meetup and I didn't even notice them in the picture until someone else pointed it out.

Can't say I was surprised, though. :confuoot:

A previously well-liked member of a forum I used to post on showed up in one of the early brony group photos that frequently shows up in these threads and was ungracefully laughed off of it

The forum died shortly after though

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

My brother showed up in an iteration of this thread about 5 years back and I was so proud I told him at Xmas dinner.

Unrelated, lket's end 2018 on a classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34

e:L that dude still uploading videos wow

text me a vag pic has a new favorite as of 18:42 on Dec 30, 2018

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

is that sargon of akkad or whoever the weedy alt-right antifeminist that has that hair??

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

T-man posted:

is that sargon of akkad or whoever the weedy alt-right antifeminist that has that hair??

Nah these guys clearly have friends.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hihohe posted:

Nah these guys clearly have friends.

nice

TheToxicEuphoria
Feb 26, 2008
AUG: The word "Antifeminist"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I'm not antifeminist, I'm anti feminazi. :smuggo:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheToxicEuphoria posted:

AUG: The word "Antifeminist"

go on

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm not antifeminist, I'm anti feminazi. :smuggo:

I'm anti you

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Feminists are good, the right-wing co-option of it you see in America by self-proclaimed centrists, less so.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

im so triggered

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

1903 Goonmeet.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Violet_Sky posted:

1903 Goonmeet.

Tag yourself: I'm Kilroy, peering over the really fat dude's right shoulder.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Those are all Huckabees, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
https://www.wbez.org/shows/npr/the-forgotten-history-of-fat-mens-clubs/52e41e89-c055-4a5d-a95e-cbeb11c829d2