Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at holding up Scientology as a defense of how to treat your sex slaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

The lawyers has given up on claiming she's innocent and realized that only a legal loophole can save her from doing time.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Brazilian spiritual healer 'John of God' indicted for rape, accused of sexually abusing nearly 600 women
https://abcnews.go.com/International/brazilian-spiritual-healer-john-god-indicted-rape-accused/story?id=60019325

Just a few days ago it was a dozen women. Now it's almost 600.

Sexual assault case against Kevin Spacey includes video evidence, Massachusetts State Police report says
https://www.masslive.com/news/2018/...eport-says.html

Matt Lauer ‘not doing well’ one year after ‘Today’ firing
https://pagesix.com/2018/11/29/matt-lauer-not-doing-well-one-year-after-today-firing/

Basebf555 posted:

The subject of the article is already in the news because he got Eliza Dushku fired for refusing his advances. So it's another related story of how Weatherly has been a creep for his whole career.

Yea, the more I read about Michael Weatherly the more I'm reminded of Howard Hughes' methods in the 1940s.

Inside the horrors of Howard Hughes’ Hollywood sexcapades
https://nypost.com/2018/12/11/inside-the-horrors-of-howard-hughes-hollywood-sexcapades/

All that money gone in a flash. :eyepop:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Bust Rodd posted:

If this somehow takes Scientology down with them I'll take it though

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zogo posted:

Matt Lauer ‘not doing well’ one year after ‘Today’ firing
https://pagesix.com/2018/11/29/matt-lauer-not-doing-well-one-year-after-today-firing/

Boo loving hoo.

quote:

Lauer has been focusing his attention on his kids, Jack, 17, Romy, 14, and Thijs, 11. He and estranged wife Annette Roque continue to live together at their 12-bedroom manse in the Hamptons as they work to finalize their divorce.
They added, “All he wants is to be involved in his kids’ lives. He spends his days doing as much kids stuff as he can.”

I feel kinda bad for the kids. Imagine finding out your dad was a monster, and all of a sudden he's trying to spend all his time with you. Of course it's probably a lot easier to avoid him in a 12 bedroom manse.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Boo loving hoo.

I feel kinda bad for the kids. Imagine finding out your dad was a monster, and all of a sudden he's trying to spend all his time with you. Of course it's probably a lot easier to avoid him in a 12 bedroom manse.

That's the sort of house you could set a decent length survival horror game in.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It should have been clear that Lauer was a monster 11 years ago when he named his kid "Thijs"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Detective No. 27 posted:

It should have been clear that Lauer was a monster 11 years ago when he named his kid "Thijs"

look, it was a long arduous process of elimination to decide on that name. the Lauer family had a list of names but for some reason, each one of them got crossed off. Some of them were used by friends too recently, some were named after people who turned out to be awful, some just too similar to names that already existed (Rutger Lauer, for instance). It was a long decision making process and the Lauer family almost broke apart because of it.

In fact, once they wrote down the name of their son on the birth certificate, Matt Lauer could be heard exclaiming to the doctor, "Cut my life into pieces! Thijs is my last resort!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MikeLeePearl/status/1079544181930872833

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Thijs in the Manse

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Yikes.

I atleaat take heart in that Louis CK will never again reach the heights he did before he got outed. He’s forever tainted.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Little known fact, the CK actually stands for:
Cpissbaby
Krapist

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

You know, honestly this language makes it sound like he's open-faced pivoting towards the whole "anti-SJW/just tellin it like it is" persecuted white dude brigade. Sad thing is it'll probably work to some degree. He's basically radioactive to anybody else, but I could see him get embraced by the chuds.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Essentially, someone helped him write a mea culpa letter, while he began and continues seething in rage at the thing he always knew would bring him down anyway.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

The alt-right would embrace him with open arms but he’d lose credibility and clout within the stand up community. He’d be a pariah and would probably be relegated to small towns in Georgia or wherever.

He’s probably hosed no matter what.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

sponges posted:

The alt-right would embrace him with open arms but he’d lose credibility and clout within the stand up community. He’d be a pariah and would probably be relegated to small towns in Georgia or wherever.

He’s probably hosed no matter what.

he's gonna go on Bill Maher in like, 6 months to have a discussion about PC culture then do the Joe Rogan "Just Asking Questions" Podcast and from there rebrand as the "funny" member of the "Intellectual Dark Web" then he'll write a book and like, Jordan Peterson will write the foreword.

there's absolutely an audience for this garbage and it doesn't require going full alt-right nazi garbo man. He's already lost plenty of clout among the stand-up community for getting caught masturbating in front of female comics who didn't want any part of that poo poo, and there are plenty of comedians who won't condemn someone if they're just calling out "PC Culture". there's a clip of him doing this bit (with another little tag complaining about teens going in front of congress and testifying which is also gross and sad and clearly pandering to a certain sub-set of human) and the thing to note is that there are plenty of people laughing, and not just polite "oh god i should laugh so people don't think i'm lame" laughter but raucous "yeah young people are all loving terrible and i hate them" laughter. He's always had a very "gently caress young people" edge to his comedy but now there's even more vitriol behind it because he sees the reaction to what he did (and him losing his job and loving up his career) as an extension of young people being too "blehhhh" or whatever stupid loving soundbite he used.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

or he'll be the new larry the cable guy and sell out stadiums all over the south

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think this is the full set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Nc3x_TkF4

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

lets compare! this is from 2014, when he performed at Carnegie Hall

quote:

You should do your job, because it's your job, because you are that person doing that thing, so just do it

it drives me crazy when someone has a job that they don't like so they do it shity, what kind of a response is that? if you do it shity isn't that worse for you?

I travel a lot so I need help all the time, I rent one car, but I want another one, I'm crazy, so I go to the counter and "can I have another one?" and sometimes I have a person who goes "sigh, why?" "because I'm a dick, give it to me", "what's wrong with it?", "because I'm crazy, that what's wrong with it", you are wearing vest that matches the building, just do the thing that is the point of that place

Why? You know what, because you are a 20, because you are 20 year old little oval office and you have no idea how the world works, because you think you deserve better, you think you are too interesting person to have a shity job

Every 20 year old behind a counter gives me this look "this job sucks", yeah! that is why we gave it to you

Because you are 20. That is a mathematical guaranty that you have no skills, and nothing to offer anybody in the world, for two decades you have been taking and sucking up education and love and food and ipods, sucking up and judging "that one is good and that one not really", you've just being selecting and absorbing poo poo that you didn't loving earn.

For two decades! Three Presidents! That is how long you've being a burden. You are like an orange on a tree, and the tree goes "get that thing off me, its crazy" "I don't want to go, I want to stay"

If you are 20, I guaranty you haven't done anything for anybody, ever. Yes you went on a school trip to Guatemala and they told you, you helped, but you totally did not help. The guy goes “I got a mud slide down my house, and now I have to baby sit that college kid, why do I have to do this”. Just take her picture with a shove so she could go back home and put it on her facebook.

now imagine that someone with this mindset has spent a year stewing because he lost his job and blames the entitled youth who he thinks controls the direction of the culture. you get basically exactly that Louis C.K. joke

edit:

here's the specific part:

https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1079538170960572416

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

he's gonna go on Bill Maher in like, 6 months to have a discussion about PC culture then do the Joe Rogan "Just Asking Questions" Podcast and from there rebrand as the "funny" member of the "Intellectual Dark Web" then he'll write a book and like, Jordan Peterson will write the foreword.

there's absolutely an audience for this garbage and it doesn't require going full alt-right nazi garbo man. He's already lost plenty of clout among the stand-up community for getting caught masturbating in front of female comics who didn't want any part of that poo poo, and there are plenty of comedians who won't condemn someone if they're just calling out "PC Culture". there's a clip of him doing this bit (with another little tag complaining about teens going in front of congress and testifying which is also gross and sad and clearly pandering to a certain sub-set of human) and the thing to note is that there are plenty of people laughing, and not just polite "oh god i should laugh so people don't think i'm lame" laughter but raucous "yeah young people are all loving terrible and i hate them" laughter. He's always had a very "gently caress young people" edge to his comedy but now there's even more vitriol behind it because he sees the reaction to what he did (and him losing his job and loving up his career) as an extension of young people being too "blehhhh" or whatever stupid loving soundbite he used.

This is a very pessimistic and deafist of view.

Personally I think he’s permanently tarnished his reputation and as a lot of his material was left wing he’s going to have to a complete 180.

sponges fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 31, 2018

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Calling "Deafest" as a band name

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Louis CK will probably have to deal with obscene hecklers the rest is his life

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

K. Waste posted:

Calling "Deafest" as a band name

I corrected it, you happy dummy?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

sponges posted:

I corrected it, you happy dummy?

Wasn't supposed to be a roast, sorry, I legit think that sounds like a good band name

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

K. Waste posted:

Wasn't supposed to be a roast, sorry, I legit think that sounds like a good band name

I don’t even know how to pronounce my misspelling.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

sponges posted:

"D-fest"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

sponges posted:

Personally I think he’s permanently tarnished his reputation and as a lot of his material was left wing he’s going to have to a complete 180.

oh he's never going to be as big as he was before it all went down, not a chance. He was winning Emmys and playing Carnagie Hall and making huge money and basically one of the most influential comics on the planet and he's never going to get there again. but he's gonna have an audience if he wants to keep hitting this particular button for the rest of his career.

as for his material being left-wing, he's as left-wing as your average comedian, and a lot of them are generally liberal but a good number of them have blind spots when it comes to speech issues. (i think Bill Maher is the most apt comparison because while he's never done anything as bad as whip it out in front of women, he's definitely confined to his own little hole in the comedy world dealing with the old friends/people who will go on his show (which occasionally hosts wastes of space like Milo, who Bill Maher was not nearly hard enough on). Louis will be the same. He'll start a podcast or maybe make a web series with people who will still show up for him, using the same apparatus that allowed him to distribute his stuff without the aid of a real distributor, and it will be a lot more reactionary than his stuff before because when something traumatic happens people change, and this was absolutely traumatic for him (this isn't excusing anything, what he did was terrible, but losing his job/position in life like this is absolutely the sort of thing that changes people irrevocably, ala Dennis Miller after 9/11).

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

sponges posted:

defˈfest, I presume

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

You could've convinced me this was a copy-pasted YouTube comment. Yikes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sponges posted:

Louis CK will probably have to deal with obscene hecklers the rest is his life

I fuckin hope so. That woman who yelled "get your loving dick out" is a hero.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
If you're going to be a transphobic comedian, at least come up with better material than "I identify as an attack helicopter" poo poo. Like, when the Internet memes are beating you to joke-punch by about five years you're in serious trouble. Chapelle's reactionary conservative crap was way better than that.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

It’s a Dutch name. It’s pronounced “Th-ICE” which is close enough to “thighs” to make it way loving worse.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 31, 2018

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I mean, it's not that different from what he used to joke about.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

He always had the "kids these days" jokes (cf. phones are bad, etc) but his public persona used to be pretty good on race/gender issues

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

sponges posted:

The old definition of 'left-wing' that was basically 'Doesn't openly hate minorities and say slurs out loud', mind. A lot of outspoken rich liberals are one major scandal away from pivoting to full chud, it seems like, especially when they already have obvious blind spots. And there's a big grift circuit of lovely people who want validation waiting to receive them.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

sponges posted:

He already had a bit about how abortion is murder, so I don't know about that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

his old bit about white privilege (how black people cant use time machines) was good, imo. Those and other bits (westerners dont care that their goods are practically made by slaves, etc) gave him a lefty air

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Don't forget this is also on the heels of that old vid that resurfaced last week where he was proud that Chris Rock said he could use the n-word.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Saw Judd Apatow summing up CK's set as being full of fear and bitterness and it sounds accurate to me.

He could have gone away for a few years, did volunteer work, atone and try to understand what led him to do the things he did. Instead he sat around stewing about young people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
It gets worse:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2018/dec/31/louis-ck-parkland-survivors-standup-routine

quote:

“They testify in front of Congress, these kids,” he says. “What the gently caress? What are you doing? You’re young. You should be crazy, you should be unhinged – not in a suit saying: ‘I’m here to tell …’ gently caress you. You’re not interesting because you went to a high school where kids got shot.”

“Why does that mean I have to listen to you?” the comedian continued. “How does that make you interesting? You didn’t get shot. You pushed some fat kid in the way, and now I’ve got to listen to you talking?”

:eyepop: