Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
The Patreon page has a link to an unlisted YouTube video, same as Ep. 1 did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

timp posted:

The Patreon page has a link to an unlisted YouTube video, same as Ep. 1 did
For Episode 1, an mp3 version was also posted to the main podcast feed 9 days after the livestream.
The videos are nice, but an mp3 is much more convenient and easier for me to consume. Oh well, not the end of the world.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Phlag posted:

For Episode 1, an mp3 version was also posted to the main podcast feed 9 days after the livestream.
The videos are nice, but an mp3 is much more convenient and easier for me to consume. Oh well, not the end of the world.

Oh really? Dang, I wish I would have known that because I agree, the video is more cumbersome to listen to from my phone (fuggin YouTube refusing to play when the phone is locked) and I would have used that audio-only version if I had realized it was there! But yeah, as of right now it seems there's only that unlisted YouTube vid for Ep. 2. Maybe they'll upload it to the feed eventually, who knows.

Listening through Ep. 2 of Trineyvale and I'm definitely getting the same feeling I did during TAZ: Nights where I can acknowledge that this new person is definitely not a bad DM, but it really solidifies just how good the main DM of the group truly is (or maybe just how used to that person I've gotten). I also wish Caldwell would sloooow dooown a bit, and when he stumbles on words, just start again at that word instead of starting the whole ding-dang sentence over!

I feel bad though because you can tell he's nervous :ohdear: He's definitely a better improviser than he is at reading off pre-written scene descriptions.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Trineyvale ep 2 is now in the main feed.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Now that I've had it for a week, I can't for sure say DropOut is worth permanently subscribing to. They have technically been updating everything, but I can see myself unsubscribing once I've watched everything I want to, and resubscribing later on next year.

Its worth getting for a while though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

Now that I've had it for a week, I can't for sure say DropOut is worth permanently subscribing to. They have technically been updating everything, but I can see myself unsubscribing once I've watched everything I want to, and resubscribing later on next year.

Its worth getting for a while though.

I don't see how any of these smaller streaming platforms can survive if they have a paid sub.

VRV is dead and the one before it, despite having a good amount of content. I adore Um, Actually but there's no way I'm subbing for just that.

I wonder how much money Google is losing due to ad blockers on YouTube? If it's common enough, the small services are screwed either way.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I was one of the 30 or so people who paid for SeeSo. RIP.

Super loving bummed that there's an entire filmed season of Bajllion Dollar Properties that's just in distribution hell and might never see the light of day.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Well, Dimension 20 is up to episode 15 on DropOut and Brennan is already talking about taping season two. Caldwell has his Cartoon Hell which is.. its fine. Its really not different enough from Drawfee.

There's also three decent.. I don't want to say podcasts because while they literally are video podcasts, there's only one episode of each at the moment and the site doesn't tell you when things get posted so I dunno if they're getting updated regularly/at all. They might as well be pilots at the moment. There's a Collegehumor general one, a gay one, and a dungeon master one and they're all enjoyable enough, but who's hurting so badly for podcasts these days that they need to subscribe to a streaming platform?

e: also that loving sucks about VRV. I was kinda hoping they'd somehow fund the McElroy's for another season.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 31, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

MBMBAM should get another season even if it does risk a McElroy saturation point.

Take My Wife was also very good but they are split up IRL now :smith:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

MBMBAM should get another season even if it does risk a McElroy saturation point.

Yep. The podcast is now a thing I listen to only occasionally and often skip in favor of other podcasts now that I don't routinely take 4+ hour long one-way drives once a month or so, but I would definitely watch the show. My wife doesn't give one single poo poo about the podcast, but she loved the show.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mlmp08 posted:

Yep. The podcast is now a thing I listen to only occasionally and often skip in favor of other podcasts now that I don't routinely take 4+ hour long one-way drives once a month or so, but I would definitely watch the show. My wife doesn't give one single poo poo about the podcast, but she loved the show.

I'm at the point where I consume MBMBAM and TAZ but nothing else. I don't want to get annoyed with them because I think that their influence has been a net positive on the comedy and podcasting landscape.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Inzombiac posted:

I don't see how any of these smaller streaming platforms can survive if they have a paid sub.

VRV is dead and the one before it, despite having a good amount of content. I adore Um, Actually but there's no way I'm subbing for just that.

I wonder how much money Google is losing due to ad blockers on YouTube? If it's common enough, the small services are screwed either way.

is VRV dead? I figured since they were the actual media company who had rights to poo poo like Crunchyroll/Funimation and a bunch of nerd poo poo like Geek & Sundry/Rooster Teeth they were pretty secure. They've been scooping poo poo like that terrible Shudder site that had a bullshit library and some documentary site that has a bunch of garbo looking ones, so I figured they were consolidating a lot of these dumbass streaming things.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh maybe. I mix up names a lot and a bunch of those we're all the same for a good while.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I don't blame you there, everyone and their mom started a streaming service for a bit and they all had dumb names like "Spoink, the streaming service just for videos of cats jumping off things!" I use VRV just because it's cheaper than subbing to both Crunchyroll and Funimation and gets me some other dumb nerd poo poo.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

bev rolling a 2 to jump onto the back of a dragon 150 feet below him, killing wilhelm in the process was basically perfect

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
150 foot suplex

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
This show is so loving good

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I got a friend to go from "I don't care for DND shows" to "YALL GOT ANYMORE OF THOSE NADDPOD EPISODES" in about a week.

Now he's listening to TAZ while waiting for more eps.

This show is too good.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

For a whole episode of basically "people falling down" that was pretty entertaining.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's honestly a miracle murph hasn't killed multiple party members yet in some of these encounters

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Trinyvale is streaming again today at 3pm PST.

In related news, season one of Fantasy High ended earlier in the week, so if ever there was a time to get your free week of Dropout, this is it. It came to a pretty satisfying conclusion. Also, Brennan is a communist.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

I almost choked at Moonshine edging a dryad.

I'm glad for a great many things in this new episode.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i gave in and did the free trial of dropout to finish watching fantasy high, it's way better than i initially thought

emily and murph are both as good as you'd expect (as is siobhan), but Brennan really grew on me as an extremely committed and positive GM, and ally's fundamentalist christian corn-worshipper in a crisis over realizing she's gay and her god is a douche steals the show consistently

despite being 100% comedians it ends up having less jokes per minute than NADD and everyone really gets into it - i hope they do more and switch to some other format for monetization, it'd be a great podcast or live twitch show.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I totally called it y'all

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Farg posted:

I totally called it y'all

I'm sorry to say that you did not appear to share what you "called" in this thread and, therefore, I am unable to award you with any Credits at this time

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not gonna lie, I could really do without the mid-episode adverts.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

Not gonna lie, I could really do without the mid-episode adverts.

Yeah but these folks gotta get paid.
Advertisers will pay a premium based in where the ad is located. At the end is seen as the worst because it's the easiest to skip.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah but these folks gotta get paid.
Advertisers will pay a premium based in where the ad is located. At the end is seen as the worst because it's the easiest to skip.

yea I dislike them too but unfortunately you literally get more money for mid-episode ads and I really can't hate on guys in the fuckin podcast slash internet humor slash other misc projects business wanting to get the most they can. At least they're cute character ads.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Plus it's super easy to hit "Skip 15 seconds" a couple times if it makes you unreasonably mad.

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The ending to the latest episode is fantastic. Nothing like starting a genocide by pulling up some trolls to deal with your fey problem!

Also, super bummed out that Bev’s troll-in-a-bowl plan got shot down by Cran as being an insanely bad idea. Which it was, but drat that would have been amazing to see backfire in the future.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
New NADDPod was good but I think this was probably the funniest Short Rest yet

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Plus it's super easy to hit "Skip 15 seconds" a couple times if it makes you unreasonably mad.

My minor complaint is now even more minor as a Patreon subscription gets you access to ad-free eps I guess. Its right there in the Short Rest rss feed. Cool.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I wonder if Troll Kingdom is going to kick them in the rear end later.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I wonder if Troll Kingdom is going to kick them in the rear end later.

I really hope so.

Have nothing happen for an arc and then make the new Troll king try to enslave them in the fight against... everyone.

You can't cause a potential genocide without consequences.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol boy the gang sure does misread the situation attacking the dragon turtle even as Murph desperately tries to signal that this is Not A Combat Encounter You Can Win

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

lol boy the gang sure does misread the situation attacking the dragon turtle even as Murph desperately tries to signal that this is Not A Combat Encounter You Can Win

I struggle with that as a player sometimes too. It's like, okay DM, you gave us this time limit and this goal, but now you've put this seemingly immovable object in our path. What will we get shamed for harder: giving up so easily on our original goal or picking an unwinnable fight? In most cases it's best to trust the DM in a situation like that, but there's also staying true to your character to consider... So yeah, even when the hints are obvious, it's still really easy to second guess the situation

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

timp posted:

I struggle with that as a player sometimes too. It's like, okay DM, you gave us this time limit and this goal, but now you've put this seemingly immovable object in our path. What will we get shamed for harder: giving up so easily on our original goal or picking an unwinnable fight? In most cases it's best to trust the DM in a situation like that, but there's also staying true to your character to consider... So yeah, even when the hints are obvious, it's still really easy to second guess the situation

yeah, definitely. i was laughing listening because the polymorph attempt was almost as bad as giving the berry to that god

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

yeah, definitely. i was laughing listening because the polymorph attempt was almost as bad as giving the berry to that god

I can't even believe that could have succeeded, lol. That was a generous roll from Murph imo

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Murph didn't do a great job of making the turtle compelling.
It was pretty much "You gotta come with me. No reason. You just gotta! Or else!"

If that's not threatening, I dunno what is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Steampunk Balnor is pretty cute.