Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

So, best lipsync assassin of each season?

S1: Akashia?, Bebe?
S2: Jujubee
S3: Alexis
S4: I think Dida had the single strongest lipsync, but Latrice beats her overall
S5: Alyssa beats out Coco for me
S6: Darienne, maybe the 2nd best all-time
S7: Kennedy
S8: ChiChi
S9: Peppermint, best all-time
S10: Kameron has the best record but the only one I thought was phenomenal was the first against Eureka, likewise Monet had a great first lipsync but a mediocre second one, Vixen maybe?, Asia?, Aquaria? really not sure on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

garthoneeye posted:

S4: I think Dida had the single strongest lipsync, but Latrice beats her overall
S10: Kameron has the best record but the only one I thought was phenomenal was the first against Eureka, likewise Monet had a great first lipsync but a mediocre second one, Vixen maybe?, Asia?, Aquaria? really not sure on this one
Agreed with pretty much all; seasons 3, 6, and 10 are the only ones I'd say are contentious because they all had so many phenomenal lipsyncers. Like, 3 had Alexis, sure, but also Manilla and Delta loving killed it. Darienne was amazing in 6, but Adore killed it in every lipsync and Dela is a terrifying contestant, and that's not even getting into Trinity K motherfuckin' Bonet. Then 10, jesus christ. Kameron, Vixen, Asia, and Aquaria were all outstanding.

Hilariously, even though Kennedy was the 'assassin' of season 7, Pearl of all people won the most lipsyncs

Also Juju is probably second best of all time. She could beat Latrice at soul, she could beat Dela at camp, she literally never lost a lipsync.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I loved Pearl's lipsynchs. Her style was ARMS and BEING TALL and POINTING WITH ARMS!!!TALLISHLY!!!!! and like hell yeah

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

garthoneeye posted:

Ongina for S1 and Juju for best all time imo.

e: also agreed with how contentious some seasons are w/r/t having a bunch of amazing lipsyncers, esp seasons 2-6. Jinkx probably would have killed every lipsync she did if she fell into the bottom more than once. S5 was just packed in general.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 31, 2018

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

esperterra posted:

Ongina for S1 and Juju for best all time imo.
Juju vs Peppermint needs to happen already so we can settle the debate.

Like gently caress a regular season, just give me Ru Paul Assassins, with like five queens and nobody leaves and everyone's judged exclusively on lipsyncs

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
That would make an excellent WOW Youtube series.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Chi chi’s black and white lip sync is maybe not the best, but it’s my favorite.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Not to be weird or a rugirl chaser, but Tammie Brown called me Zweet and I want to get it tattooed onto my soul.
Someone in one of the other threads said she's genuinely chill and they were right. :3:

idk I just want everyone to recognize that everyone who's been on the show is a top tier performer/charismatic, and when we compare them, we should do so with the knowledge that we're looking at people with a lot of passion and an absurdly high level of skill: professional entertainers and people-charmers.

Support them and support your local queens!! with money or with big smiles and a real compliment at the end of the night!

Be Zweet!! ☺️💖 Happy New year!

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

jimmydalad posted:

Can I just say that Valentina’s move on confronting Manila was like a grade A masterpiece? Essentially challenging her to keep her in the competition and making her look horrible if she took the shot at her? The dramatics and social gaming was masterful and Valentina’s star is only shining brighter as the season goes on. Manila basically had no choice but to save her with how it was edited.

Totally agreed. Valentina putting the challenge on Manilla to meet her at the end was awesome television.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Ubiquitous_ posted:

That would make an excellent WOW Youtube series.

So it's guaranteed never to happen!

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Is yuhua Japanese American? I just assumed bc her drag surname reminds me of Yamasaki whisky but pulling any personal info searching for drag names is pretty fruitless

I believe Yuhua is Chinese American, based on her entrance conversation with.. someone, I forget who.

:sun:: "No, I'm Chinese, girl."
:raise:: "... Hamasaki?"
:sun:: "You ain't a real woman either!"

The weirdest interactions get stuck in by brain from this show.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

preview for new ep is up!

http://www.vh1.com/video-clips/k15p3i/rupauls-drag-race-all-stars-first-look-jersey-justice

manila swears to show no mercy moving forwards. valentina shows an absolute lack of patience for manila's shenanigans. good setups for what's to come!

this challenge could go either way, crappy or terrific.

oh sweet latrice. for a big queen, you're so easily overshadowed. get in there, be intimidating, horse it up. naomi and manila is a very good combo - i'd be surprised if they don't win. valentina and trinity, bottom two forever. that said, i love seeing Valentina's flaws come out. she is the perfect talking head.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I don't know why, but Manila giving me David Byrne in the confessionals is doing it for me.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Today started really early with WrestleKingdom, it will end with this. Let's go, Queens.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

oh hey Stacy!

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Holy poo poo Manilla and Naomi killed it

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Omg Monique's face with that cake...

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Latrice ain't got no excuses about doing a bad job this time around. What a disappointment

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Valentina did good. I'm sick of fake fighting being the punchline of poo poo though, it's super lazy.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
This is going to be tough!

There is no way that Manila will pick Latrice, and there is no way that Monique will pick Monet.

This will probably be the first time this season that who goes home is entirely dependent on who wins the lipsync.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

This is going to be intense... :munch:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

There's no way Monique wins this lipsync. She's pretty good, but against Manilla? No way.

That said I don't agree with the bottom two, Latrice sure but I'd honestly put Trinity down there first.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Whalley posted:

There's no way Monique wins this lipsync. She's pretty good, but against Manilla? No way.

That said I don't agree with the bottom two, Latrice sure but I'd honestly put Trinity down there first.

I would've put Valentina actually. She struggled in the challenge, and while I got what she was going for on the runway, it didn't work.

I do love how extra she is being tonight though, especially when Latrice and Manila were having their moment, and Valentina was behind them moving back and forth trying to make sure she would still be on camera.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

I would've put Valentina actually. She struggled in the challenge, and while I got what she was going for on the runway, it didn't work.

Val was so loving weird though, and I can't fault her for committing to her bit. I honestly got a lot more out of her than Trinity.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Valentina's rant :perfect:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Are we watching this VH1 show that comes on at 9:30 that apparently stars Katya? I can't tell what it's about, despite a promo every commercial break (of which there have been a lot tonight)

Edit: Oh, it's just a talking head show with a bunch of people I don't know, and Katya.

Edit 2: She was not in this episode, and it wasn't worth to watch.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 5, 2019

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Monique did a lipsync where her wig stayed on.
Bless the child.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm wrecked by that episode

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I'm happy with the outcome, but sad she hosed up enough to be in the bottom in the first place

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
ru’s outside the courtroom look with the two piece tracksuit and slippers combo feels like a personal attack on my entire friend group from ages 17-24

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

a few thoughts

- I thought the bottom two was right and if I had to add a third to the bottom it would have been Trinity tbh
- I did not understand Naomi's critiques at all, I thought it would be her and Monique, Naomi's comeback about the raggedy dog ("HER NAME IS PANINI") loving ruined me until I cried laughing
- was super turned off by Latrice saying poo poo like "I should stay because I am beloved", and loved Trinity's talking head where she was basically like "She did the worst this week, straight up, play fair, she goes home"
- loved Valentina's little rant about the judge followed by Monique immediately saying "girl I love you, but you're safe" and just walking away, lmao
- Monique did a lipsync with her wig staying on her loving head! that's the true-ah-ah sensation

next episode is gonna be wild

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Monique seriously wanted everyone to know that her hair was not going loving anywhere she was flippin it everywhere

oh and Ru's runway was a toot :toot:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Omgggg Latrice deserves to go home. She was so boring all season, I just didn’t think anyone had the guts to do it

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

Monique seriously wanted everyone to know that her hair was not going loving anywhere she was flippin it everywhere

That sideways hair-toss is pure Tinta Turnter and as soon as she did that I thought, "oh poo poo, Monique might actually win this lipsync."

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Monique did a lipsync where her wig stayed on.
Bless the child.

BUT while watching it I was definitely repeating "keep the hair on keep the hair on keep the hair on keep the hair on"...

Whalley posted:

I'm happy with the outcome, but sad she hosed up enough to be in the bottom in the first place

Pretty much this. Monet didn't deserve to go home tonight. I love Latrice but she's been muted for four episodes. Bring her back for Legends of Drag Season 1 whenever they go on and do that, but she wasn't shining here.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
LADIES 💅🏻🤰🏽💃🏻 I am boiling 😤😤🔥 My blood is simmering 🍲 through my veins 👹👺 and I have some things to say 🗣☕️🗣 ok?? I am DEEPLY and UTTERLY offended 😡👹👺 that judge with the bun 👵 and the gold 💰💵🥇 I do not appreciate 🚫❌ her non-constructive criticism 💯👀 of my BEAUTIFUL 💍💃🏻 outfit. 🤡

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Shneak posted:

LADIES 💅🏻🤰🏽💃🏻 I am boiling 😤😤🔥 My blood is simmering 🍲 through my veins 👹👺 and I have some things to say 🗣☕️🗣 ok?? I am DEEPLY and UTTERLY offended 😡👹👺 that judge with the bun 👵 and the gold 💰💵🥇 I do not appreciate 🚫❌ her non-constructive criticism 💯👀 of my BEAUTIFUL 💍💃🏻 outfit. 🤡

💅girl i ❤️love❤️ you, but🚫 you're safe⬅️🚶

Anyway, improv is CLEARLY not Latrice's strong suit (did bad on snatch game season four, went home on an improv challenge, same this season) and tbh she was trying to coast on "i am loved by everyone and thats how all stars works"
Granted, I love her and I want her on my TV at all times, but she really did not need to stay here with these performances.

Also: Valentina's outfit was loving baller but it 100% didn't fit the theme and I'm disappointed only one judge called her out for it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

holy poo poo PISS they're finally roasting bunny

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

As a stan of both RPDR and Jersey Shore this is the crossover I didn't know I needed btw. Monet deserves to stay based on knowing what GTL is imo. Sorry Latrice ilu but you have been coasting all season, it was your time and I'm lowkey glad Manila lost that lip sync-- blasphemous as it may be!!

However, they were both really loving good in the lip sync. Monique was embodying Tina Turtner tho so

The challenge in general was fun all around, which is rare in improv challenges with teams. Latrice was the only one I thought was super weak. Monet lost the plot entirely, but she at least had some moments that made me laugh. Can't decide who I would put lower between Trinity and Valentina. I think Valentina was overall stronger, surprisingly, in the challenge itself. Trinity was still good, but not as energetic and on point as she usually is in stuff like this. But I liked her outfit more. I did like Valentina's outfit, too, and I think it fit the theme but I think she could have gone bigger. More exaggerated. They were both more consistent overall than Monet.

Also all the runways were lit. I'd put Manila or Trinity as my top toots of the week.

Also regarding next week's episode I am 100% here for the tweest, it's one of the only things that was a pretty sure spoiler months ago and is one of the only spoilers from months ago that I remember so A+

e: oh and I think Naomi killed it but def needed to give more against Manila. But she was 100000% safe

esperterra fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jan 5, 2019

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

ru’s outside the courtroom look with the two piece tracksuit and slippers combo feels like a personal attack on my entire friend group from ages 17-24

Ru's runway feels like it might have been a personal attack on me in general, but also I kind of lived for it??

I think it needed to be cinched more maybe? And the pant fit was weird??

what the gently caress was that outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Thank you for encapsulating my thoughts on Ru's runway. I went through the 5 stages of grief, beginning with "WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT?" and ending at, "OK... OK. legs. werq."