Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

My mouth is literally agape at how bad that is. Like, loving yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Kids today aren’t cool enough to sadly masturbate in front of unwilling women.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

Kids today aren’t cool enough to sadly masturbate in front of unwilling women.

that definitely feels like the subtext of his 'kids should be wild and not care about things!' spiel. if that's Just How Kids Are it's fine that he did lovely things when he was in his 20s

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

How *dare* children be concerned about the massive string of mass school shootings which make an already stressful and difficult time in their life infinitely more uncomfortable and worrying. Why can't they just enjoy being kids instead of worrying about getting shot?!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Andy Richter ain't having this bullshit.

https://twitter.com/AndyRichter/status/1079649964727328768?s=19

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
did u guys know Tucker Max ghostwrote Tiffany Haddish's memoir? just wanted to throw that fact out there cuz if you asked me what tucker max was doin recently, that would not have been my guess

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Hat Thoughts posted:

did u guys know Tucker Max ghostwrote Tiffany Haddish's memoir? just wanted to throw that fact out there cuz if you asked me what tucker max was doin recently, that would not have been my guess

That makes a certain kind of sense, his writing style is very conversational, so it'd be a good fit for celebrity memoirs. Tiffany Haddish specifically wouldn't be my first guess for a which one though (I would have guessed one of the lesser Baldwins or Wahlbergs).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hat Thoughts posted:

The old Greenlight thread that contained his reactions about his movie bombing was one of my favorite things.

That film will be 10 years old next year. Was he right? Does everyone have a copy of that film in their collections? Are we all endlessly quoting it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Davros1 posted:

The old Greenlight thread that contained his reactions about his movie bombing was one of my favorite things.

That film will be 10 years old next year. Was he right? Does everyone have a copy of that film in their collections? Are we all endlessly quoting it?
I don't remember that, someone with archives dig it up. I do remember the stuff from before its release, bragging about how it was going to be bigger than The Hangover (highest grossing R rated film ever at the time).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I don't remember that, someone with archives dig it up. I do remember the stuff from before its release, bragging about how it was going to be bigger than The Hangover (highest grossing R rated film ever at the time).

It was basically people just re-posting stuff from his blg and whatnot, but my god, the delusion was strong in that one.

I lost it when he was told he was looking at a possible "Best Adapted Screenplay" nomination.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A guy on someone else's Facebook was trying to argue that we shouldn't criticize Louis CK's current jokes because they're just early drafts of his set taken out of context. When I asked him why the hell he thinks even incorporating jokes like that is okay, he called me a triggered snowflake and asked if I would judge a movie before it had any editing.

Yes, I remember all of those movies I made where I had to edit out the part of the plot where the protagonist was a KKK member who raped black women because it just wasn't working for the test audiences.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

A guy on someone else's Facebook was trying to argue that we shouldn't criticize Louis CK's current jokes because they're just early drafts of his set taken out of context. When I asked him why the hell he thinks even incorporating jokes like that is okay, he called me a triggered snowflake and asked if I would judge a movie before it had any editing.

Yes, I remember all of those movies I made where I had to edit out the part of the plot where the protagonist was a KKK member who raped black women because it just wasn't working for the test audiences.

I was going to make a joke about Louis CK crossing out "belittle Parkland survivors" in his notebook, but I keep getting distracted by the idea that there's people who apparently believe it's fine for a person to not draw that conclusion by themselves.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

davidspackage posted:

I was going to make a joke about Louis CK crossing out "belittle Parkland survivors" in his notebook, but I keep getting distracted by the idea that there's people who apparently believe it's fine for a person to not draw that conclusion by themselves.

Some direct quotes from him:

quote:

judging any artwork, before its completion, is ignorant

Judge the man based on the result of his work.

Don't worry, if he's a piece of poo poo, it'll be public and you can scourge him then... right now, its just desperate

quote:

dude, being angry at a stranger for unfinished work that historically inspires conversation and is meant to be uncomfortable... is disappointing.

quote:

dude, be less dramatic and immature.

Whiny, triggered, keyboard warrior poo poo like this impedes progress socially for the masses.

You're acting like a caricature of what those who we as society are trying to overwhelm would deem as all of us.

Grow the gently caress up, and judge the man by his actions and behaviors.

Citing sensationalized accounts of cokeheads in comedy clubs and judging an artist for their work before it is done is ignorant.

Why not wait until the final product is in place?
Judge the man for that...

And with that, I return to the land of adults.
Feel free to rant and rave about things you don't know and cite a whole bunch of hearsay and sensationalized talking points. or dont...

You have the choice to be a grown rear end man, or a manipulated pawn

quote:

wait, you mean an unfinished product wasn't good?

Shocker

You should hear how poo poo a song sounds during writing...
Or how dumb paintings look during a sketch...
have you ever seen a movie being made with no editing in place?

quote:

last statement:

I'm not defending him, i'm helping you to not be so easily manipulated and easily triggered

Not once did I defend him, not once did I place any judgement on anything I don't know... not once did I make excuses or justify any behavior.

Dude, stop.

One thing to note is that when I asked "Are you just defending this because you think it's okay for him to be saying it in the first place?" he just ignored the question.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I like his comment "Don't worry, if he's a piece of poo poo, it'll be public and you can scourge him then... right now, its just desperate"

Because we already know CK's a piece of poo poo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Like, did he forget why his career went down the tubes?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

chitoryu12 posted:

Like, did he forget why his career went down the tubes?

he probably doesn't think it's a big deal

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

davidspackage posted:

Something about the Parkland survivors specifically breaks conservatives minds (moreso). Like a not insignificant number of them wanted to have sex with David Hogg and said as much on Twitter.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

GrandpaPants posted:

Something about the Parkland survivors specifically breaks conservatives minds (moreso). Like a not insignificant number of them wanted to have sex with David Hogg and said as much on Twitter.

Victims aren't supposed to stand up and refuse to be ignored. They're supposed to accept the thoughts and prayers, move on with their life, and leave the policy making to old white men.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Jesus, this set just keeps getting worse the more I hear about it
https://twitter.com/juliacarriew/status/1079848460482838528?s=21

quote:

In the nearly 50-minute set posted on YouTube from a recent stand-up appearance, C.K. also speaks extensively about the word "retarded," says that all Asian men are women, and calls his doctor "human being — you old loving Jewish fag."
In a later extensive riff about the word "retarded" and how C.K. thinks it is ridiculous that it is now widely viewed as an inappropriate term to call anybody who is mentally disabled or to use as slang because of the connotations, he joked that Jenny would be an appropriate name for a girl with mental disabilities, "or a trans retarded boy."
He then began telling a racist joke about the different sizes of penises between black, white, and Asian men.

"You know why Asian guys have small dicks. ’Cause they’re women. They’re not dudes. They’re all women. All Asians are women. And they have big clits, really big clits, and when they have sex they just stick their clits in each other's pussies and then they procreate using math," said the 51-year-old comedian.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

But hey, normal people say racist stuff before removing it because it's not workshopping correctly, right?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

with this and spacey i feel like we're gonna get one more shithead who's been keeping their head down try to come back and double down on their awfulness soon thanks to the rule of 3

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I’m sure plenty of people online are rushing to his defense that “comedy shouldn’t have limits” but they aren’t even well-written jokes, which is one of the problems. It’s just being mad at other groups of people. Workshopping a new bit doesn’t mean “shout about topic, add joke later”.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

dirksteadfast posted:

I’m sure plenty of people online are rushing to his defense that “comedy shouldn’t have limits” but they aren’t even well-written jokes, which is one of the problems. It’s just being mad at other groups of people. Workshopping a new bit doesn’t mean “shout about topic, add joke later”.

That's the thing, if it's funny then 99% of the time people will laugh and you'll be celebrated for it not criticized. Howard Stern made an entire career out of pulling that trick off; offensive but always funny enough that he got passes that unfunny idiots like Don Imus didn't get.

It's a fine line and a dangerous area of comedy to make your living in but it's not like Louis doesn't know that. He's just lost it I think and the anger has overtaken his comedy to the point that it's now unfunny and therefore offensive.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Brother Entropy posted:

that definitely feels like the subtext of his 'kids should be wild and not care about things!' spiel. if that's Just How Kids Are it's fine that he did lovely things when he was in his 20s

What gets me is that kids are wild too. It’s the generation that dresses up in dog costumes, eats each other out, and then brags about it online to anyone willing to listen. And he’s acting like he’s a wild child even though everyone knows the embarrassingly pathetic poo poo he’s into.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

chitoryu12 posted:

But hey, normal people say racist stuff before removing it because it's not workshopping correctly, right?

I mean, yeah, I start with "Hey let's lynch all black men because they're rapists of the white womens," and then I workshop it down to "A horse walks into a bar, and the bartender says 'why the long face?'"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

What gets me is that kids are wild too. It’s the generation that dresses up in dog costumes, eats each other out, and then brags about it online to anyone willing to listen. And he’s acting like he’s a wild child even though everyone knows the embarrassingly pathetic poo poo he’s into.

its some fail sh*t from the start when his best example of unhinged/wild youth is "getting high"

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
*starts to build set, thinks long & hard about the most transgressive, offensive, and downright rowdy activities someone in their late teens/early 20s could get into*
"Yeah, when I was a kid, we smoked weed and ate the - we ate the fFuckin MAGIC Mushrooms"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

dirksteadfast posted:

I 100% think comedy shouldn't have limits. Shame none of this is comedic.

What a fuckin douchebag CK is lmao. Went from showing his dick to people and now he's showing his rear end to the world.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

chitoryu12 posted:

Good news everyone, Uncle Dave isn’t ruining thanksgiving - he’s just shaping his tight five.”

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hat Thoughts posted:

its some fail sh*t from the start when his best example of unhinged/wild youth is "getting high"

People talk about smoking weed so casually and rarely nowadays, like it’s just taken as a given that people get high every once in a while, who cares. It’s weird.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

dirksteadfast posted:

I'd barely even call them jokes. It's just "Why do these people different than me even need to exist? They should all die."

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A friend of mine threw his lot in with CK again because "like the felon who made my food he deserves a second chance"

And compared to the other people who got hit last year he feels less awful. But instead of reflecting and getting over it he throws in with the types of people that Photoshop Daisy Hogg and jerk off to it. And uh...that just feels like his second chance going right down the drain to me.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hat Thoughts posted:

*starts to build set, thinks long & hard about the most transgressive, offensive, and downright rowdy activities someone in their late teens/early 20s could get into*
"Yeah, when I was a kid, we smoked weed and ate the - we ate the fFuckin MAGIC Mushrooms"

Finger loving each other. It’s a bacchanal over here y’all

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

A friend of mine threw his lot in with CK again because "like the felon who made my food he deserves a second chance"

And compared to the other people who got hit last year he feels less awful. But instead of reflecting and getting over it he throws in with the types of people that Photoshop Daisy Hogg and jerk off to it. And uh...that just feels like his second chance going right down the drain to me.

He told an honest-to-god tiny Asian pee pee joke. Like, loving hell. Stealing wicked primo material from 12-year old middle schoolers from two decades ago for his comeback.

Except their jokes were more clever.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AceOfFlames posted:

It’s a Dutch name. It’s pronounced “Th-ICE” which is close enough to “thighs” to make it way loving worse.

Obviously Matt Lauer's really into Hearthstone streamers

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Len posted:

I'm not going to begrudge the idea of someone offering a second chance, but when faced with the reality that this is the second chance, well...

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Even if those jokes weren't repugnant (which they are) they're not even good jokes. It sounds like the sort of thing somebody who'd never done comedy before would write, rather than a really talented comedian who worked hard to master his craft. I can't believe the extent to which he's lost it.

I don't think he's coming back from this.

I mean, Isaiah Washington used a homophobic slur a couple of times, and vanished. He spent several years doing charity work in Africa, like, a lot of it, and that wasn't enough to redeem him.

Hat Thoughts posted:

He pioneered the 'and then everyone was laughing so hard at the thing I said' style of storytelling. Also lying.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pigbuster posted:

Earlier generations have done 2/3 of those though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snowman_McK posted:

I mean, Isaiah Washington used a homophobic slur a couple of times, and vanished. He spent several years doing charity work in Africa, like, a lot of it, and that wasn't enough to redeem him.

He just did a three year stint on the 100. He's not TV a list anymore but he's working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Just lmao at seriously getting on stage and delivering an Asian penis joke in 2018 as part of your “comeback tour.”

I mean what in the zippity gently caress.