Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Almost 12 years late to the party on this one but is the rest of Veronica Mars S3 as bad as the first four episodes? If so I might just go ahead and call it. That's a lot of hours of TV I don't want to sit through if it doesn't pick up.

It does get better but season 3 isn't nearly as good as the previous two. But stick it out because the movie is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

X-O posted:

Almost 12 years late to the party on this one but is the rest of Veronica Mars S3 as bad as the first four episodes? If so I might just go ahead and call it. That's a lot of hours of TV I don't want to sit through if it doesn't pick up.

What didn't you like about it? Season 3 does have several mysteries so the next one might be more interesting for you.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

What didn't you like about it? Season 3 does have several mysteries so the next one might be more interesting for you.

It feels like "Veronica Mars: The Network Notes Season" in a desperate attempt to save the show. I have several issues with it. But one of the biggest I have, and I don't know what the general consensus on this is so I may get some poo poo for saying it, but I think Veronica and Logan are terrible together and it really doesn't play to Jason Dohring's acting strengths well at all. The problem there is that I don't think him pining over her is any better. I'm not the biggest fan of his anyway but he just doesn't work for me with Veronica and the show seems to constantly push in that direction. Not that he's worse than Bland No Personality Guy from the first two seasons or anything. Aaron Ashmore's character has been the only one for me in the series that fit well with Veronica.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Watch Patriot!!!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Escobarbarian posted:

Watch Patriot!!!

Okay

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Patriot is pretty great. Definitely a good choice.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Stuck at my parents for NYE, sick. Tell me what Amazon prime series I should binge that isn't Goliath or miss mazel or homecoming

Forever. It isn't that long and is really good. Don't read anything about it before watching.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

But one of the biggest I have, and I don't know what the general consensus on this is so I may get some poo poo for saying it, but I think Veronica and Logan are terrible together and it really doesn't play to Jason Dohring's acting strengths well at all.

Okay, then maybe don't watch the movie.

And I never got Logan and Veronica either.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Omg Patriot owns

I couldn't breathe after the brazilains ju jitsued John

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

X-O posted:

I like season 3 a lot, but yeah it doesn't pick up too much. I think I remember liking the back half more than the front half? But it's nowhere near as good as seasons 1 and 2, and suffers immensely from being two different arcs split across each half of the season, rather than a full season arc like the former seasons.

It's good in the sense it's better than most shows, but not as good as VMars should be.

e: also veronica and logan is bae but to each their own ofc

e2: the whole pining after her/after eachother aspect of s3 was bothersome to me tho. mostly because the love interest they introduce in season 3 is so loving lame lmao to the point they kind of dunk on that choice in the movie.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 31, 2018

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

X-O posted:

It feels like "Veronica Mars: The Network Notes Season" in a desperate attempt to save the show.

That's pretty much exactly what it was, Veronica Mars was a UPN show and when they merged with WB to become the CW the show was the odd man out. S3 was a huge step down IMHO, you won't miss much if you bail now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Goodbye cruel thread!

Hello new thread!