Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

bird with big dick posted:

my local Tesla dealer is staying open until midnight to help as many people as possibly take advantage of the tax credit.

I hadn’t really considered it but I’m a car guy and a performance guy and a Model 3 AWD with the performance package seems like it’d be right up my alley. 0-60 in 3.3 and 1/4 in 11.8 is pretty good for a daily driver type car.

I think I may grab one before midnight to get the tax credit.

You know what? Get two, you deserve it friend :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fiend posted:

You know what? Get two, you deserve it friend :)

That way you'll have one to drive while the other is waiting for parts!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

my local Tesla dealer is staying open until midnight to help as many people as possibly take advantage of the tax credit.

I hadn’t really considered it but I’m a car guy and a performance guy and a Model 3 AWD with the performance package seems like it’d be right up my alley. 0-60 in 3.3 and 1/4 in 11.8 is pretty good for a daily driver type car.

many, many lmaos

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

model 3" dick

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Powershift posted:

That way you'll have one to drive while the other is waiting for parts!

imagine four model 3s at the edge of a cliff.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Early 80s era GM build and paint quality with an erratic coke head CEO that would make John DeLorean blush. Totally worth it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
but those 0-60 times tho

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

yeah, it's me, i'm the guy pondering a $60k impulse buy

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Main Paineframe posted:

lmao look at this guy without money

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

god this is some dire poo poo, just suburbanites huddled around a flaming barrel at a tesla dealership trying to get a tax credit on a huge piece of conspicuous consumption before the end of the year

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Take pictures!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lord Stimperor posted:

Just want to point out half drunkenly that the rumors that there are many public toilets in EU are false. Aside from high way piss stations at rest stops and train station s, I only know of a single public toilet from back when I was a kid. It sort of had an aura where no one in the city came closer than 20m to it.

That's except the plastic piss pots they put up during pub night, and the retractable ones that come out of the ground in Dutch tourist spots

I always piss at McDonald's

Wtf, every mall has a public toilet down here. Usually one per floor.
McDonalds has theirs with a numeric keypad lock. The day’s code’s on the receipt.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ShriekingMarxist posted:

god this is some dire poo poo, just suburbanites huddled around a flaming barrel at a tesla dealership trying to get a tax credit on a huge piece of conspicuous consumption before the end of the year

i’m surprised this level of homophobia is allowed to persist in c-spam. it doesn’t reflect well.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

ShriekingMarxist posted:

:thermidor:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm having trouble imagining that I had 60k to blow on a luxury vehicle but I didn't have the time or sense to research the car or the company, since either should convince me to give my money to literally anyone else but Musk/Tesla

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

if it's a troll it's a solid effort

if not he's out of his mind to ever consider giving tesla money when they're making a quarter-end push, because that tends to be when people get hosed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Agronox posted:

if it's a troll it's a solid effort

i’m surprised this level of homophobia is allowed to persist in c-spam. it doesn’t reflect well.

:thunk:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

rump buttman posted:

model 3" dick

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/oldfriend99/status/1078520623041720320

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

orcinus posted:

McDonalds has theirs with a numeric keypad lock. The day’s code’s on the receipt.

I don't think that counts as a public toilet

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

orcinus posted:

Yeah but malls are businesses that you go into and often enough you'll have to pay a fee. Those aren't public toilets at all. They belong to whatever company manages the mall.

Public toilet = piss-smelling, graffitied stack of tiled concrete cinders or sheet metal with metal piss gutter on public property radiating urban decay

Google reference:

Condolences for losing access to the free McPiss. I think McDonald's coffee is pretty ok though, so I wouldn't mind being a cup there (on journeys I usually do, anyways).

Happy New Year thread, wash your hands after you take a leak.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
waiting for someone to disrupt piss

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Agronox posted:

Introducing Pissr, an app that lets you summon a drone which

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

the piss app is real

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

tax fraud as a service

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Agronox posted:

there's already an app for unlocking bathrooms at cafes in SF: https://www.good2go.global/

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

homophobia? A+ trolling, good sir.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 242 days!
when all the frogs are gay... none will be!!!

thats how evil plans work, right?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Remembering this beautiful series of pics in the new year.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Skellybones posted:

Introducing Pissr, an app that lets you summon a drone which

...carries a ball

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Wheany posted:

...carries a tube

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

My 2019 resolution is to care less about piss and bad cars

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-starship-hopper-prototype-rapid-work-pace-hop-tests/
Missed in the New year's pondering but holy poo poo balls everything about this. Spacex is basically building an empty shell because Elon tweeted that he will have a demo unit in 4 weeks at the beginning of December.

Also stainless steel she'll with liquid cooling instead of carbon composite shielding sounds insanely unsafe and dangerous.
Even this Tesla fanboy site seems offput by how this is being built and designed.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

quote:

The most likely explanation here is that we are seeing something more akin to the aeroshell or cocoon of a Starship hopper, with a huge amount of thought and debate ultimately landing on this oddity as the fastest, most affordable, and most data-rich path forward for full-scale BFR testing.
Or... stupidity.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I have my doubts about how useful the test data from the water tower rocket will be for actual Starship development.

In other news, people are attacking self driving cars
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/...0Ns-DaGHLoJOWME

quote:

Some people have pelted Waymo vans with rocks, according to police reports. Others have repeatedly tried to run the vehicles off the road. One woman screamed at one of the vans, telling it to get out of her suburban neighborhood.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
yep that sounds like Arizona to me

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i feel that we should replace the entire population of arizona with self-driving cars

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

can't blame them for not wanting to be unwilling test subjects for machines that haven't worked out all the "randomly killing people" quirks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

UCS Hellmaker posted:

https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-starship-hopper-prototype-rapid-work-pace-hop-tests/
Missed in the New year's pondering but holy poo poo balls everything about this. Spacex is basically building an empty shell because Elon tweeted that he will have a demo unit in 4 weeks at the beginning of December.