Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

This is the one tweet we didn't want to happen

I appreciated this reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you're not in a situation where you're actively expected to call a kid cute by the parent or guardian of said kid then you shouldn't be going around calling kids cute imho

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Cavauro posted:

This is the one tweet we didn't want to happen

Genericide posted:

I appreciated this reference

If it's the one related to single person space prisons that I'm thinking of, then yes, it's a very much appreciated one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can call a child cute without it being weird until they are 11 years old.

10 years old and 364 days, okay. 11 years old, back off creep.

But it still depends how you say it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

adorable is a better, more neutral, term. Cute has sexual connotations.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I feel like you can call a kid cute or adorable and it's fine but if you continue talking about said kid afterwards then it gets creepy

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dangerous Person posted:

I feel like you can call a kid cute or adorable and it's fine but if you continue talking about said kid afterwards then it gets creepy

Yeah I've heard lots of people call babies cute and not gotten a weird vibe.

Context matters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In actual conversation you can tell by tone of voice.

Online you can tell by this:

quote:

Lets Player. 1K+ Subs! #BlissFit #Carmite Twitter RPer Noticed by Bayley, LVN(3X), Mauro(X7) Johnny Gargano(2X), V. Sky 9X, Cris Cyborg (X5) Shayna Baszler X2

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol he’s taken out the bit about being noticed by Izzy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jesus WEP posted:

And announced as such.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

jesus WEP posted:

How honorable to give up those 24 Twitter points.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I don't know why he thought it might be construed as being sexual when literally his entire twitter feed is retweets of women wrestler's butts

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Dangerous Person posted:

Izzy's father is dead set on not letting a second pedophile get in contact with his daughter

Wait, what?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't know why he thought it might be construed as being sexual when literally his entire twitter feed is retweets of women wrestler's butts

I have men's butts on there sometimes too. and non-gender conforming butts too. I like all butts, really.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Izzy apparently trained regularly around Kenny Omega's best friend, convicted pedophile Chasyn Rance.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

Izzy apparently trained regularly around Kenny Omega's best friend, convicted pedophile Chasyn Rance.

The technical term is libertarian.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I remember a few months ago there was an ad that you could come to such and such an indie show and meet Izzy and buy Izzy merch and pay $30 to hug Izzy. I thought at the time "this seems bad". And now, it seems I was right as it let people like this become emboldened.

My point here is this is all Bayley's fault.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M2RVcTTHDs

:stare:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why does that 1 week old video look like it was shot with a camera from 1998?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

projecthalaxy posted:

pay $30 to hug Izzy.

Throw this kid's parents off a cliff imo.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I remember a few months ago there was an ad that you could come to such and such an indie show and meet Izzy and buy Izzy merch and pay $30 to hug Izzy. I thought at the time "this seems bad". And now, it seems I was right as it let people like this become emboldened.

My point here is this is all Bayley's fault.

Paying $30 to a hug a child is uh...whew, that's a thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aphrodite posted:

Why does that 1 week old video look like it was shot with a camera from 1998?

nicotine stains, probably

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Paying $30 to a hug a child is uh...whew, that's a thing.

I never thought we would find something too scuzzy for the gimmick table but here it is

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It was bad. I thought I posted the ad in here, but it must have been in the WWE thread for whatever week it happened. Hopefully whoever lined up to pay the $30 was tricked into falling into an alligator pit.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

30 dollars to hug izzy plus a free photo!

*all photos immediately sent to the police*

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

"Step this way for the Izzy photo studio, please."

"But Izzy is over there, and this room is marked WARNING: Contains Three Lions!"

"And yet."

E: and yet perhaps it is izzy's dad whom should greet the lions, for deciding that he must monetize his child's fandom regardless of how it affects her.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 2, 2019

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lets Player. 1K+ Subs! #BlissFit #Carmite Twitter RPer Noticed by Bayley, LVN(3X), Mauro(X7) Johnny Gargano(2X), Izzy(X24), Cris Cyborg (X5) Shayna Baszler X2

Bit late since he removed the Izzy reference, but :stonk: nonetheless.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

"Step this way for the Izzy photo studio, please."

"But Izzy is over there, and this room is marked WARNING: Contains Three Lions!"

"And yet."

E: and yet perhaps it is izzy's dad whom should greet the lions, for deciding that he must monetize his child's fandom regardless of how it affects her.

The cruelest fate: locked in a room with the England team

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The twitter rp account community in general, be they wrestling and or anime and or etc, seems extremely cool and normal, to me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you're gonna monetize your kid, which is gross but America making kids so loving expensive to raise leads to gross outcomes, letting randos hug your kid is pretty far down on the list of advisables.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I will never in a million years understand the people whose entire personal Twitter accounts are dedicated to a single wrestler/athlete/celebrity/etc.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

The twitter rp account community

hold up

run that one by me again

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I will never in a million years understand the people whose entire personal Twitter accounts are dedicated to a single wrestler/athlete/celebrity/etc.

If they know how much they meant to me they might date me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hold up

run that one by me again

Some people think its a laff to use known social network Twitter to pretend to be a (specific, actual) wrestler and cut promos on other RPers and announce alliances with them and occasionally use the fact that people can't tell you're not actually Sonya DeVille to get hundreds of well meaning dollars on GoFundMe.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Some people think its a laff to use known social network Twitter to pretend to be a (specific, actual) wrestler and cut promos on other RPers and announce alliances with them and occasionally use the fact that people can't tell you're not actually Sonya DeVille to get hundreds of well meaning dollars on GoFundMe.

hold up

run that one by me again

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The last time I went to a nxt taping quite a few people would go up to izzy and her family and take a picture with them before going to their seats, the family seems genuinely enthusiastic about the attention but the whole situation is so carny

I've never met and gret the first family of NXT but izzy's mom and I had the same mindset about which segments to skip and head for a beer, her order is two bud light tall boys btw.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1080523335291887616

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The way he puts gifs on his "angry" tweets, that guy gives off the vibe of someone who likes their balls stamped on imo. probably best to ignore

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

projecthalaxy posted:

they also gently caress each other in DMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/GorillaPDriver/status/1080526428972744709