Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wife and I bought a 55" LG TV with some Costco gift cards from work.

It's awesome and fits perfectly above our fireplace mantle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Why are Costco stations a lawless wasteland of inexpensive gas?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

e.pilot posted:

Why are Costco stations a lawless wasteland of inexpensive gas?

my local one is always very well ordered and efficient

probably because my state doesn't generally let people pump their own gas

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

It wouldn’t be so bad if people realized you can go to any pump because the hose stretches.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TheManWithNoName posted:

It wouldn’t be so bad if people realized you can go to any pump because the hose stretches.

Also old people who can't figure out the interface to pay.

It's not hard, Vern. That other line went through two cars before you even stuck the nozzle in you old gently caress.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
My Costco has never had jager

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
i picked up some mateos salsa, it came in a jar with a yellow label, and it is incredibly legit as far as salsa in a jar goes. paid maybe $6 for a good size jar

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
also someone got me the sherpa for xmas and it is literally heaven

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Last year for a White Elephant gift I gave a Sherpa Throw. My wife not being very creative got another non-sherpa blanket as her gift to give.

This year that other blanket was re-gifted with a giftcard attached...

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Trastion posted:

Last year for a White Elephant gift I gave a Sherpa Throw. My wife not being very creative got another non-sherpa blanket as her gift to give.

I hope the divorce was amicable.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Trastion posted:

Lol!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

GORDON posted:

I hope the divorce was amicable.

Luckily we have more Sherpas than family members so I will get at least one...

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I grabbed an ice fishing shelter and sled last week at the local Costco, but unfortunately had to go to another retailer to locate a propane ice auger. Looking forward to using all three and pulling up some pickerel.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BFUm3m3kyE

Hell yeah. Pound and a half of cheese. You can't buy that much cheese for less!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Costco pizza rates a 4/10 but the only thing that beats the $2.50 slice + drink combo is the dog

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
A recent convert of less than 2 months. Got my tires changed today, picked up cushions for my wooden chairs and 250 tablets of melatonin.

Had a slice and a drink and my car was ready 15 minutes early. PBUC

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Me: Uh yeah lemme get a combo slice, a chicken bake, and *throws head back and chortles* gotta have that dog.

Frightened Costco Vendor: Sir, that's like nine million calories.

Me: Mmm, yes. Yes it is.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MisterOblivious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BFUm3m3kyE

Hell yeah. Pound and a half of cheese. You can't buy that much cheese for less!

Costco Pizza is a 9.5/10 for me. I love it and it's better than actual NY pizza. Only deep dish is better from, like, Angelos or Chicago Deep Dish which is 10/10. And 40g protein!! GETTIN' DEM GAINZ, BRO!!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

That Youtube video explains what kind of pizza Costco makes pretty well. If you prefer a crispy kind of pizza, Costco's pizza won't do you any good. But if you want a loaded pizza, you're in luck.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really think their pizza used to be better a few years ago. I think the crust is too thick now.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

We have to have the seat next to the kitchen window where you can see the pizzas being made. It entrances my kids.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soft crust is a crime imo but not a capital one

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Even when pizza is bad, it's good.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

It’s known as the pizza/oral rule in my house.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Fallom posted:

Costco pizza rates a 4/10 but the only thing that beats the $2.50 slice + drink combo is the dog

8/10 imo. But not many places in the U.K. do a decent pan pizza. So their competition isn’t hard to beat.

naem
May 29, 2011

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Me: Uh yeah lemme get a combo slice, a chicken bake, and *throws head back and chortles* gotta have that dog.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
can you fold the pizza slice and place the hot dog plus bun in it

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

El_Elegante posted:

can you fold the pizza slice and place the hot dog plus bun in it

Does that make it a sandwich or a taco?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Does that make it a sandwich or a taco?

Per the Cube Rule a hot dog is a taco and a hot dog wrapped in a pizza would remain a taco.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

This was me untill a few years ago. Why would i look at calories when i can get all this garbage in my face for under 8 bucks!?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Never had seen cooked mesquite wings on sale before (where the rotisseries are). Got like 40 fuckin wings for $10. Also a 2 pack of giant multivitamin gummy jars for $8 PBUC

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Deviated from Costco and took a look in the new Trader Joes down the street from it. Can report that Green Dragon hot sauce is Good.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Gatts posted:

Costco Pizza is a 9.5/10 for me. I love it and it's better than actual NY pizza. Only deep dish is better from, like, Angelos or Chicago Deep Dish which is 10/10. And 40g protein!! GETTIN' DEM GAINZ, BRO!!

Hahahahaha oh man i would honestly kill to have that kind of basic rear end perspective on food.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hasselblad posted:

Deviated from Costco and took a look in the new Trader Joes down the street from it. Can report that Green Dragon hot sauce is Good.

Pick up a pork shoulder at Costco, make carnitas, drench in Green Dragon hot sauce.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hasselblad posted:

:same:

It’s real good.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

berth ell pup posted:

oh god, “dry brining”is a thing dumbasses do now to lovely meat their fat asses bought at Costco?

I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.

It's called dry brining and not just "seasoning" because it's done by a specific weight ratio for a planned culinary end result, you iodine deficient cretin.

Costco also clearly labels their meats with the grades & packaging dates, ensuring customers' access to the highest quality product should they seek it.

But for you, they have a great variety of frozen dinners to choose from.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
So what does one do with the pork loin they sell for $1.99/pound? It's like 2+ feet long, with a 6 inch diameter. I've never seen a piece of pork in that shape.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Put it in your butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
If you gently caress up the ratio, would you or others say that you “over dry brined” or “overseasoned”? If you can overseason and underseason foods, doesn’t that also suggest there is a proper ratio involved? :thunk: