Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I’ve only seen the first fast/furious film. So I guess I should skip to #5? I’m always looking for more movies to watch specifically while stoned on a Friday night. lots of colors and action is a plus

Skip to 4 I would say. The story of five is a direct sequel to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Jesus man watch fast five

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Four is a soft reboot that introduces you to characters who appear in later movies but five is a vastly better film that tells you everything you need to know in the first thirty seconds of the film.

It's also the first that includes Hobbs which is all that matters.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

poisonpill posted:

Jesus man watch fast five

Ok bro don’t poison me I’ll do it

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Fast Five was my first Fast movie, if you exclude the time that I walked out of the Nutty Professor fastly.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I’ve only seen the first fast/furious film. So I guess I should skip to #5? I’m always looking for more movies to watch specifically while stoned on a Friday night. lots of colors and action is a plus

Watch Tokyo Drift too.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

WampaLord posted:

Watch Tokyo Drift too.

tokyo drift is great but also the worst of the franchise. the only true way to enjoy these films is to wake up early, cook up a ton of chili to eat throughout the day, drink at least 30-40 coronas, and sit through all 16 hours. be sure to drink every time they say family or vin diesel speaks incoherently. you might want to open a window because of the chili and beer.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

tokyo drift is great but also the worst of the franchise. the only true way to enjoy these films is to wake up early, cook up a ton of chili to eat throughout the day, drink at least 30-40 coronas, and sit through all 16 hours. be sure to drink every time they say family or vin diesel speaks incoherently. you might want to open a window because of the chili and beer.

nah 4 is the worst by far.

followed by 2, which is only saved by drinking everytime Tyrese says "breh"

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

WampaLord posted:

nah 4 is the worst by far.

followed by 2, which is only saved by drinking everytime Tyrese says "breh"

:lol: I literally could not remember anything that happens in 2 until you posted this.

I will always remember Tokyo drift because it was playing in the theater when I was still working there as a kid. I must have ducked in to laugh at that movie 5 times every worknight.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Drink every time Vin says "family"
Drink every time Tyrese says "Breh"
Drink every time Tyrese eats
Drink every time you don't know what Vin is saying
Drink every time Paul just looks confused but happy to be there
Drink every time someone should die but they're touching a car so they live
Drink every time someone says "NOS", uses NOS, or there's a cutaway to a can of NOS

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Drink every time someone says "NOS", uses NOS, or there's a cutaway to a can of NOS

So.... Die?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

2019! The year we learn that ghosts are real, probably.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

reignofevil posted:

So.... Die?

Yes, and then you get to talk to Mike as a Fast Ghost

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

speaking of car movies i watched american graffiti for the first time

the dialogue was... almost human-sounding?!?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Fast 4 is defintely the worst.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Watch Cars 3 instead.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I always get confused as to which Fast and Furious movies are which save for the first three, the rest kinda just blur together. My favorite was the one where they do the ridiculous bank heist in Rio, that's 5 right? because that one is dope as poo poo.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

poisonpill posted:

You could be drinking water and die to this game.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I highly recommend watching the commentary (both tracks) for The Graduate on the Criterion collection

One is on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WqjLzi5a8A

But the other is more educational, by Howard Suber, can't find it online.

Makes me feel dumber because of all the little details I missed the first time

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013

Blood Sally posted:

“Fast & Furious”

They really couldn’t come up with a better title than that?

Actually, looking at the franchise wiki page, all the sequels have terrible names.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Rob Ager is the next-best movie youtube person behind rlm

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Rob Ager is the next-best movie youtube person behind rlm

Hi folks, don't forget you can purchase Rob Ager's in-depth analysis videos on collative learning dot com.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Paladinus posted:

Watch Cars 3 instead.

I'd rather buttchug bleach

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

hard counter posted:

speaking of car movies i watched american graffiti for the first time

the dialogue was... almost human-sounding?!?

It's good and my favorite lucas movie

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Paladinus posted:

Hi folks, don't forget you can purchase Rob Ager's in-depth analysis videos on collative learning dot com.

I can't consider that a knock against him when every other youtube person now begs you to subscribe to their patreon at the start and end of every video

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blood Sally posted:

The Fast & Furious films are even dumber than your generic comic book movie.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

reignofevil posted:

So.... Die?

"Movies make me want (you) to be dead."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Slutitution posted:

The Fast & Furious films are even dumber than your generic comic book movie.

and i love them for it

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
hello today in my quest to watch every nicolas cage movie ever i watched "teen titans go to the movies" in which he plays superman. it was loving bad. worse than g-force whcih is about gerbils who are cops.

i also watched "fire birds" which is boring as poo poo and has him sexually harass somebody until they gently caress him

then i watched "wild at heart" which is david lynch. very heavy on the sexual violence which i didnt like but i did like other parts of it. laura dern is hot

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which FAST movie had that cold opening with the retarded CGI flaming tanker truck they drove under while staring into each other's eyes? What little car cred that series had was destroyed and I stopped watching. I don't know why you would watch it for 'Family' fake depth when you should be watch cars do cool stunts and I am not a cars guy.

Tokyo Drift is worth it because the MC is a fool who thought he could drive trashing the car in a parking garage. Even his friend was shaking his head. The Japanese culture was a bit flanderized but at least engaged it where other movie would treat it as a set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubMXBEj6d7w

Ronin still has the best car chases.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

oohhboy posted:

Ronin still has the best car chases.

Hell yes, it is the high water mark. Frankenheimer could film the hell out of a driving sequence.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's good and my favorite lucas movie

at first i thought the ending was discordantly bleak but then i realized right after '62 america kinda went to hell for a while, pre-hell nostalgia is surely bittersweet :911:

lucas... good?!?

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013
American Graffiti is another movie Marcia Lucas saved in editing.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

hard counter posted:

lucas... good?!?

Reported for low-effort trolling

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Kraanerg posted:

Who?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kraanerg posted:

this is likely true but i still like it

Kraanerg
Aug 17, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

this is likely true but i still like it

Yeah I mean Star Wars is good too I’m just sayin is all

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Kraanerg posted:

i fully believe it, ag could have easily gotten rambly and incoherent without ridiculously top shelf editing seamlessly combining everything into a neat package

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
I sit there looking miserable and quiet.