Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I would like scene changing np to stay. Like merlin flower field stay and heal you every turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Elephant Parade posted:

Huh, are there laws forbidding those sorts of synergies? I'd like to hear more, if you have time.
The way I understand it is that gacha units are forbidden from requiring more gacha units to complete them. More power (like FGO Noble Phantasm levels) or slight randomisation (like Fire Emblem Heroes) seems to be fine , but needing them to unlock new abilities or evolutions isn't. As I remember it the original sin was a Puzzle and Dragon evolution requiring an extra gacha character to do, meaning if you wanted to fully evolve them you had to roll more and pray.

The other big no-no I think was limiting access to gacha characters behind completing other gachas. Such as making you collect all five gacha characters in a 'set' to unlock the ability to roll a different gacha with a chance of even rarer characters. I forget which game inspired that rule though.

Either way the general rule seems to be "you can't create a gacha character whose full abilities are locked behind rolling the gacha some more".

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Welp, after 7 ticketing Merlin and Quetz, getting Jack the Reaper for my Jalter team on the NY banner and thinking I'd be screwed: 3x10 rolls for last servant to come home until Skadi or Semiramis next year:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
That would be the original Cinderella girls mobage and Chain Chronicle that were the original offendors iirc.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Somehow I couldn't get into it.

Understandable, it takes a certain sort of broken person to enjoy sloggy SRPG stuff like that and some of the SRW entries. I just happen to be that kind of person cheating when it gets too rough so i can upgrade my units helps though :ssh:

I'm waiting and hoping that HOPEMAN shows up for me this time, I know he's subpar because lolquick but I love his character top to bottom.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Pierson posted:

The way I understand it is that gacha units are forbidden from requiring more gacha units to complete them. More power (like FGO Noble Phantasm levels) or slight randomisation (like Fire Emblem Heroes) seems to be fine , but needing them to unlock new abilities or evolutions isn't. As I remember it the original sin was a Puzzle and Dragon evolution requiring an extra gacha character to do, meaning if you wanted to fully evolve them you had to roll more and pray.

The other big no-no I think was limiting access to gacha characters behind completing other gachas. Such as making you collect all five gacha characters in a 'set' to unlock the ability to roll a different gacha with a chance of even rarer characters. I forget which game inspired that rule though.

Either way the general rule seems to be "you can't create a gacha character whose full abilities are locked behind rolling the gacha some more".

These sound like fun mechanics in a game where the rolling is entirely free, like in one of those "collect all the things" RPGs.

As a real-money gacha system that sounds ludicrously scummy, though.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Burned the rest of my quartz and half of my tickets and got an off-banner Sanzang. I only have casters as SSR's, four of them now. I can't complain since they're all amazing but I don't have the mats to upgrade even one of them to max.

Started to rage pull the rest of my tickets and was rewarded though. Musashi <3

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

Understandable, it takes a certain sort of broken person to enjoy sloggy SRPG stuff like that and some of the SRW entries. I just happen to be that kind of person cheating when it gets too rough so i can upgrade my units helps though :ssh:

Huh, I found Battle Moon Wars to be pretty easy. I'm a Tsukihime and KnK fan though so I just double-Shiki'd everything to death.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Pierson posted:

Let me introduce you to a little game called Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, with it's 7 star units that can only be obtained by having 2 copies of the same base 5 star unit, and then needs 2 more copies of the same 5 star unit to obtain an exclusive item from them.

Oh, and 5 stars are only at a 3% rate, and buying the most expensive package only gives you enough summoning objects to do 3 10+1 summons.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, after 4 of the most expensive quartz packs, somehow doubling my monthly mana prism tickets and using them all I got a bunch of 4* servants to NP+. The ticket from last night? Musashi. This is way too much.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

ChronoReverse posted:

Huh, I found Battle Moon Wars to be pretty easy. I'm a Tsukihime and KnK fan though so I just double-Shiki'd everything to death.

It was my first exposure to KnK and I'll always have a soft spot for it in my heart for that alone. Plus the Takumi's scene when he gets his upgraded sword and has that sickass comment to Berserker. :hellyeah:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It turns out the answer to "Did I bully Barbatos enough?" was "Not even close" as it turns out I need hearts for Musashi's last ascension, RIP.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Virtue posted:

Quick question: assuming I have Merlin/waver/Gil/Herc, which GSSR will help the most for future hard content?

rider or extra

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Someone on Reddit spotted that Emiya Alter got his skin and lips changed:

Global top, JP bottom

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pierson posted:

I mean, the madoka mobage has a similar system where certain types of NPs power up other NPs and gets by fine. And if no gameplay synergies were allowed at all, Chloe's kissing freak skill couldn't exist.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Sodium Chloride posted:

Global top, JP bottom

I recall someone mentioning a character calls him Detroit Emiya in the singularity too? Hopefully they find away around that one, because yeah.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 3, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

kinda weird to lighten his skin, wonder what'll happen to his card art

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

And if no gameplay synergies were allowed at all, Chloe's kissing freak skill couldn't exist.

Chloe isn't a gacha servant, so there's no problem there. The issue is when you roll thing A, but it isn't good unless you also roll thing B. Like OG Jeanne and Vessel of the Saint.

Of course like all these things enforcement is inconsistent, so it's mostly up to the size of the game and how flagrantly they think they can get away with breaking the rules.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

dogsicle posted:

kinda weird to lighten his skin, wonder what'll happen to his card art

While the lips are clearly deliberate, I don't think they've intentionally done anything to his skin color; the color grading of the two images is just different. You can see how Musashi's face is way more bloomed out in the second one, for instance.

As you say, though, his card art will be the real test.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

ChronoReverse posted:

It turns out the answer to "Did I bully Barbatos enough?" was "Not even close" as it turns out I need hearts for Musashi's last ascension, RIP.
motherfucker I hadn't even checked :smithicide:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sophism posted:

I recall someone mentioning a characters calls him Detroit Emiya in the singularity too? Hopefully they find away around that one, because yeah.

That was already a thing that was mentioned as "Going to be changed" previously

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/9id39z/fgo_localization_panel_at_anime_weekend_atlanta/

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Sodium Chloride posted:

Global top, JP bottom

You know I'm normally against changing character art but Pucci Emiya's design is so loving awful that I welcome it.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Could be worse. He could have a mullet.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yknow....I've just now noticed. Is....is that an rear end to Musashi's left???:eyepop:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think it's two asses

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

the game detected my anger over getting bad dog instead of best nurse and gave me musashi in five tickets.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Yknow....I've just now noticed. Is....is that an rear end to Musashi's left???:eyepop:

butts?!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Emiya Alter's design is still better than the fuckin Mullet they gave him in Extella Link

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Sophism posted:

I recall someone mentioning a character calls him Detroit Emiya in the singularity too? Hopefully they find away around that one, because yeah.

they taught tamacat to bark when someone says something racist. it had unintended results

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Captain Baal posted:

Emiya Alter's design is still better than the fuckin Mullet they gave him in Extella Link

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

wada had to be trolling with that right

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

Someone link subbed riyo shorts tia

Part 1
https://streamable.com/c7njc

The person that made it said youtube pulled it down.

e: holy moly the OP rules
e:e: yeah it's good

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Japan loves the mullet iirc, while the western audience hates it which is pretty funny

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it looks bad in his normal outfit but i don't mind it in the art where he's got a kyudo outfit on for some reason

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

a kitten posted:

Part 1

SC Bracer posted:

Japan loves the mullet iirc, while the western audience hates it which is pretty funny

I think mullets look cool but they're somewhat ruined by folks they're normally attached to. :v:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

a kitten posted:

Part 1

Good lord that is incredible

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I finally had a chance to watch it and the VA for the protags are entirely on point.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Endorph posted:

I mean, the madoka mobage has a similar system where certain types of NPs power up other NPs and gets by fine. And if no gameplay synergies were allowed at all, Chloe's kissing freak skill couldn't exist.

For another example, Granblue's crossfates don't seem to have fallen afoul of the law despite giving mechanical bonuses for owning specific pairs of characters (including new skills in some cases, although only for low-rarity characters). The scope of the actual law covering kompu gacha is kinda complicated.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sophism posted:

Tamamo Cat, yeah.

Honestly that's more dumb enough to be kind of funny than offensive, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Threw my 30qt at the Extra/Assassin banner. Walked away with Jeanne and nothing else. Ah, well now I have two Rulers and two Avengers, so that's cool.

2018 4/5* Servant Gatcha Recap!

Servants Wanted and Pulled
Nero Bride
Medb
Drake
Jalter (×2)
Jeanne
Okita
Scathach
Tamamo no Mae
Helena
Hercules
Frankenstein
Mordred
Surfer Mordred
Ruler Martha

Servants Wanted and Not Pulled
Nero
Nitocris
Illya
Summer Tamamo
Ozymandias
Cu Alter
Waver
Merlin
Gorgon
Musashi
Shuten Douji

That doesn't include all the other various 4/5* servants that popped up along the way. Such as Lancelot, TamaCat, and Altera who has shown up four times now. Overall, a good year for me.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jan 3, 2019