Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angela Merkle Tree
Jan 4, 2012

the definition of open: "mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make"
College Slice

Zoobtro posted:

So someone found a shark waaay out of bounds : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djkVW4hHBx8

How in the holy hell does someone do that? Seems utterly absurd without some kind of tip off.

I wonder if this is a remnant of the spawned shark in GTAV that kills you if you go far out into the ocean. It does look like it only spawns once he crosses the very edge of the marked map.

Hot tip that I haven't seen any of the Guarma glitch videos touch on: if you do activate it without falling off the edge into the Guarma map, it fills the rest of the main map with water at sea level. This is a problem since "sea level" is set for the upper-half of the map, not New Austin/Mexico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got to chapter 3 in like two days of playing this game and haven't touched the story since, I want to get that legend satchel and nothing is gonna stop me.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I still need civil war handcuffs and a brass compass. Are both of these locked behind collection missions only? And is there a way to cheese the cigarette card collecting? I'm in the epilogue and I don't have the money just to buy a hundred pack of cigarettes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The fact half the map is locked off is gonna be a challenge. Still, where there's a will there's a way.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I still need civil war handcuffs and a brass compass. Are both of these locked behind collection missions only? And is there a way to cheese the cigarette card collecting? I'm in the epilogue and I don't have the money just to buy a hundred pack of cigarettes.

finish the epilogue

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Angela Merkle Tree posted:

I wonder if this is a remnant of the spawned shark in GTAV that kills you if you go far out into the ocean. It does look like it only spawns once he crosses the very edge of the marked map.

Hot tip that I haven't seen any of the Guarma glitch videos touch on: if you do activate it without falling off the edge into the Guarma map, it fills the rest of the main map with water at sea level. This is a problem since "sea level" is set for the upper-half of the map, not New Austin/Mexico.

Rockstar please implement old timey diving bells and the big bubble head scuba suits tia

Fake edit: horse scuba as well god bless

To contribute to glitch chat, when i was in chapter 2 or 3 i rode all the way to Armadillo and the MacFarlane ranch, since i found the the dude with the letter to bonnie, without seeing any bad guys or getting a wanted level or whatever. Everyone in Armadillo had cholera, it was hilarious. I couldn't find anyone to take the letter at MacFarlane ranch, and i got bored just riding around, so i headed back to Valentine, again without any problem.

The next time i approached the border, it was to fish next to some outdoorsman that spawned on the New Austin side of the river. There was a loving army of bounty hunters on me before i got out my fishing rod and i was slain. It wasn't until after that i even figured out that's supposed to happen automatically, and i had accidentally glitched over. I still don't think i did anything special, i just crossed at a pretty remote area

Inspector Hound fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 3, 2019

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

When you finish the epilogue you'll be flush with money to spend on cards. Otherwise you'll have to find a guide to pick them up; one instance of each card has a spawn on the world map.

The room where the brass compass is located can glitch open on its own; not sure how it happens but it's how I got it early without getting all the rock carvings.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

hey rockstar make some motorcycle dlc

also add more guns

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Calaveron posted:

RDR2 is a good game because it made me like God's dumbest loving creature, the horse

My wife and I, who have a combined zero experience around horses, have debated whether real horses are smarter or dumber than the ones in Red Dead.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Another Bill posted:

My wife and I, who have a combined zero experience around horses, have debated whether real horses are smarter or dumber than the ones in Red Dead.

LEt me tell you about poor old Freckles.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The horses in Red Dead aren't any smarter, but they are less fragile. "Oops, my horse got so spooked by a shadow that its heart exploded. R.I.P."

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm at 130 hours or so and haven't had my horse die once. Well, haven't lost a horse yet I should say. I've used reviver three times I think.

Discovered last night that if you use incendiary buckshot against lobos on horseback, the horse burns up too. And you can't loot any of their corpses. Felt bad, because up til then the only horse I had intentionally killed was a bounty fleeing on horseback.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the fastest horses basically break their legs if you run them like how we do in game

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How many trains can run over a horse in real life before you have to fix it with ginseng and carrots?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm at 130 hours or so and haven't had my horse die once. Well, haven't lost a horse yet I should say. I've used reviver three times I think.

Discovered last night that if you use incendiary buckshot against lobos on horseback, the horse burns up too. And you can't loot any of their corpses. Felt bad, because up til then the only horse I had intentionally killed was a bounty fleeing on horseback.

:lol: I've found it's a lot easier to shoot a horse in the head when I'm being perused on horseback. YOu take an honor hit each time, but both the horse and rider bite it every time :unsmigghh:

Norfolks Given
Jan 3, 2019

Emron posted:

I got to chapter 3 in like two days of playing this game and haven't touched the story since, I want to get that legend satchel and nothing is gonna stop me.

Watch out for the panther. First time I encountered it poo came out.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

I got ambushed around Strawberry at night and shot one of the guys on horseback with a shotgun, hitting his lantern and setting him and his horse on fire...sorry, horse.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Emron posted:

Don't do it man. Once you obtain it you will never hunt or collect anything again haha. I went nuts doing everything to get the satchel and then promptly burned through the story after, nothing else in the game was fun anymore after 20 hours of satchel bullshit. I ruined it for myself, shame because I really enjoyed the hunting too.

I finally beat the game and I'm conflicted. The characterization is generally excellent, the story was solid and it's been awhile since a videogame made me feel something so strongly. On the other hand the gameplay is all over the loving map, the controls were absolutely awful and the pacing is really uneven. It's rare to play such a great game that controls so terribly, they really got in the way of enjoyment numerous times and Rockstars bizarre commitment to this obtuse control scheme is infuriating.

The games systems weren't very well thought out either, its a mishmash of half-realized implementations. The NPC interactions are so limited and none of the pre-release nonsense about long term consequences turned out to be true. You constantly see the same events play out (snake bites, etc). The camp system turns out to be meaningless. Cores were a half baked mechanic at best. The games rigid mission structures were totally at odds with the open world it wants you to love.

Anyways spent a ton of time with the game and I still enjoyed it. Just a shame that they clung so desperately to things that didn't work or weren't interesting.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Gunslinger posted:

Don't do it man. Once you obtain it you will never hunt or collect anything again haha. I went nuts doing everything to get the satchel and then promptly burned through the story after, nothing else in the game was fun anymore after 20 hours of satchel bullshit. I ruined it for myself, shame because I really enjoyed the hunting too.

I finally beat the game and I'm conflicted. The characterization is generally excellent, the story was solid and it's been awhile since a videogame made me feel something so strongly. On the other hand the gameplay is all over the loving map, the controls were absolutely awful and the pacing is really uneven. It's rare to play such a great game that controls so terribly, they really got in the way of enjoyment numerous times and Rockstars bizarre commitment to this obtuse control scheme is infuriating.

The games systems weren't very well thought out either, its a mishmash of half-realized implementations. The NPC interactions are so limited and none of the pre-release nonsense about long term consequences turned out to be true. You constantly see the same events play out (snake bites, etc). The camp system turns out to be meaningless. Cores were a half baked mechanic at best. The games rigid mission structures were totally at odds with the open world it wants you to love.

Anyways spent a ton of time with the game and I still enjoyed it. Just a shame that they clung so desperately to things that didn't work or weren't interesting.

I'm pretty close now, I feel like I may as well! Off the top of my head I think I need one elk, one iguana (which apparently sucks), one panther, one badger, and two deer.

I've been doing other side poo poo while I'm at it so it hasn't been too tedious. I went to Saint Denis early, found the night folk, that kind of thing.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Emron posted:

I'm pretty close now, I feel like I may as well! Off the top of my head I think I need one elk, one iguana (which apparently sucks), one panther, one badger, and two deer.

I've been doing other side poo poo while I'm at it so it hasn't been too tedious. I went to Saint Denis early, found the night folk, that kind of thing.

The iguana isn’t too bad, just go to the islands west of the chapter 3 camp. Panther is kind of a pain in the rear end. Badger is very difficult.

Make sure to get two perfect iguanas because the iguana big valley hat you can get at the trapper is boss.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Gunslinger posted:

Speak for yourself. I've gotten 100% and bought everything at the trapper and I still load up the game to hunt just for kicks. :shepface:

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Who would else I speak for? The iguana is not bad at all, I got that done in about 5 minutes once I figured out where to go. The badger on the other hand is a loving nightmare, took me 2-3 hours.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bold Robot posted:

The iguana isn’t too bad, just go to the islands west of the chapter 3 camp. Panther is kind of a pain in the rear end. Badger is very difficult.

Make sure to get two perfect iguanas because the iguana big valley hat you can get at the trapper is boss.

I think I got a badger as a reward for saving some dude from night people.

Like you said, the iguana spawn constantly on those islands near the camp. The panther was easy once I went south of Braithwaite with my bow/improved arrows at the ready and just watched my map for the red dot. That will appear before you ever see the panther.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Gunslinger posted:

Who would else I speak for? The iguana is not bad at all, I got that done in about 5 minutes once I figured out where to go. The badger on the other hand is a loving nightmare, took me 2-3 hours.

Speak for yourself is a turn of phrase you autist.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I think my cigarette card quest is bugged. I bought a bunch of packs to fill out my collections, and mailed what I thought was all of the sets. All of them are checked off in the quest menu, except the last "Mailed all sets" checkbox. Every time I pick up one of the cards in the wild, it chimes and brings up the quest icon like I'm collecting it for the first time. I don't want to sit through buying dozens of packs of cigarettes again, and I've already picked up and sold a bunch of the cards that are placed around the map. Pretty sure I received rewards for all of them, but the quest being incomplete is annoying.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

sirbeefalot posted:

I think my cigarette card quest is bugged. I bought a bunch of packs to fill out my collections, and mailed what I thought was all of the sets. All of them are checked off in the quest menu, except the last "Mailed all sets" checkbox. Every time I pick up one of the cards in the wild, it chimes and brings up the quest icon like I'm collecting it for the first time. I don't want to sit through buying dozens of packs of cigarettes again, and I've already picked up and sold a bunch of the cards that are placed around the map. Pretty sure I received rewards for all of them, but the quest being incomplete is annoying.

That happens. Eventually it will clear out of your quest log. When you pick up cards again it will always act as if you're getting them for the first time, but don't worry, you can feel free to sell that stuff to the fence.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
The Lemoyne Raider surprise Gatling gun came at a bad time. Not too happy about that, and being robbed of $800 in San Denis.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bio-Hazard posted:

The Lemoyne Raider surprise Gatling gun came at a bad time. Not too happy about that, and being robbed of $800 in San Denis.

That gatling gun killed my horse BoJack :smith:

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think I got a badger as a reward for saving some dude from night people.

He gave me a muskrat pelt.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

He gave me a muskrat pelt.

Oh maybe that was it

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Badgers spawn pretty consistently in that Civil War battlefield between the Chapter 3 camp and St. Denis.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Hobo Clown posted:

Not sure if this is what you were talking about but I really liked TulliusCicero's take on the finale from a couple weeks ago:

This is exactly what I was referring to, thank you so much. I couldn't even remember who had been talking about it or on what pages.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

ICMB posted:

Any chance you could explain this, since I don't really remember where you're talking about.

Im going from memory and if this explanation doesnt work ill get on tonight and find the spot again because right now i cany remeber or find the name of that tree hatvesting area.

Its somewhere between strawberry and riggs station. Close to riggs is a road that takes you right by where they clear cut a section of forest. During the story this camp was active and there were a bunch of tents there. If you stand on that road and look NW you will see the cliffs that micah was camping at. The cliff forms is basically the western perimeter of this lot. So standing on the road looking at the lot you want to find the trail that goes up the left side of this area. During the story when you go to meet micah, there were dead bodies laying on this road if that rings any bells. When that road ends theres a little unmarked trail that follows the cliffs and when you crest that hill the little nook he was hiding in over looks that tree farm itll be right there on your right. At this point itll just be an abandoned fire and some clippings on the ground.

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

DogonCrook posted:

Im going from memory and if this explanation doesnt work ill get on tonight and find the spot again because right now i cany remeber or find the name of that tree hatvesting area.

Its somewhere between strawberry and riggs station. Close to riggs is a road that takes you right by where they clear cut a section of forest. During the story this camp was active and there were a bunch of tents there. If you stand on that road and look NW you will see the cliffs that micah was camping at. The cliff forms is basically the western perimeter of this lot. So standing on the road looking at the lot you want to find the trail that goes up the left side of this area. During the story when you go to meet micah, there were dead bodies laying on this road if that rings any bells. When that road ends theres a little unmarked trail that follows the cliffs and when you crest that hill the little nook he was hiding in over looks that tree farm itll be right there on your right. At this point itll just be an abandoned fire and some clippings on the ground.

Well, to be honest I'm less interested in knowing exactly where and more interested in just knowing what the clippings were or whatever the information was that was found there.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

horses can't vomit so they can, theoretically, eat until they burst.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

hey rockstar make some motorcycle dlc

also add more guns

At least let us fix the Sharps rifle that's in the back of Arthur's wagon when you fully upgrade it :argh:

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ICMB posted:

Well, to be honest I'm less interested in knowing exactly where and more interested in just knowing what the clippings were or whatever the information was that was found there.

Pulled this from the Wiki:

quote:

If Arthur or John visit Micah's temporary Strawberry camp at any point after An American Pastoral Scene, they will find two newspaper clippings and a torn wanted poster of indeterminate age for Dutch Van Der Linde, listing a bounty of $1000 for his capture or death. One of the articles, from 1877, mentions Micah and his father as the primary suspects in the gruesome murder of an Ohio rancher and his wife; the other details the so-called "Blackwater Massacre", and mentions that local authorities are still searching for the $150,000 stolen from the steamboat by the gang.

It is unknown why Micah is carrying the wanted poster, but given his mercenary nature and his later betrayal of his fellow gang members, it's not hard to imagine that Micah may well have intended to turn Dutch in—or perhaps kill him—and collect on the reward once the Blackwater money had been recovered.

Seems to just explain Micah's actions though and doesn't really explain why Dutch is at his camp at the end.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Hobo Clown posted:

Pulled this from the Wiki:

Seems to just explain Micah's actions though and doesn't really explain why Dutch is at his camp at the end.

Yeah but i think that clipping says they were running together and im real hazy but it might mention they went back and robbed blackwater together.

At the camp where you shoot micah (he has a gun you can grab if you go back after that scene at any point) it looks like they were rooming together in that shack.

I mean they both may have been plotting to kill each other as well but i think that article mentions they pulled off another robbery after the gang splits.

I could be wrong about that lol its been awhile.

E: poo poo nvm if that article is about the blackwater massacre then there isnt any significance to those clippings other than backstory filler you are right.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Still i dont think dutch just happened to show up the same time you did, if you climb to the top of that mountain there is the rest of the camp set up there and there is an army payroll bag there still (just a prop) which implies to me Dutch and micah were together the whole time but i guess thats pretty cricumstantial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Picked this up over the weekend, and it's pretty alright. I don't really understand the point of deadeye with such generous auto-aim, and the cover system is way wonky, but drat is it pretty.

Still, I had something happen a bit into chapter 2 that really soured my experience.

I took Kieran to an O'Driscoll camp and successfully stealthed my way through most of it (fun!), and then once I got the money in the chimney I was instructed to pick up a shotgun on the mantle. The tutorial then proceeded to tell me to clean it, but I couldn't. Like, I could take it out in maintenance mode, but apparently I didn't actually have gun oil so the clean button was just greyed out.

And what a joy, I effectively softlocked the game! I was locked in place for the tutorial, unable to move, drop the shotgun, or save my game. Upon rebooting I was back at camp and lost like the 45m that mission took me.

When does the tutorial stuff lighten up? Is there a way to turn it off?