Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

syscall girl posted:

haha if appl made a turtleneck it would have an rear end in a top hat in it and it would be soldered in

get it?!

hahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
also “skinny jeans are pathognomonic of malnourishment” is the most lomarf :goonsay: thing I’ve seen in 2019

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
lol @ thinking skinny jeans are a good look.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I hope apple stock keeps tanking all throughout 2019, maybe that will force them to start making good products again

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I hope no good consumer electronics are ever produced again

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

El_Elegante posted:

I hope no good consumer electronics are ever produced again

good news, ces is coming up soon!

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

it's really not that bad, besides that it looks weird, and:

-the charge light is inside that case (???)
-there's no switch so you can choose when it is charging the phone or not

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wheany posted:

occasionally i do, then i lol a little to myself

yea same.

Good Sphere posted:

it's really not that bad, besides that it looks weird, and:

-the charge light is inside that case (???)
-there's no switch so you can choose when it is charging the phone or not

it is loving hideous aesthetically and the fact that it even exists is proof positive that apple hosed up the design of the iphone 6/7 completely. it's a grotesque monument to their failure and represents the exact moment i knew timb didn't get it.

steven p. jobs would have decimated the entire hardware division rather than allow something like that to be made.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jony has always been overrated, but there was a time when Schiller still felt shame at the schlock he had to peddle.

https://www.theverge.com/2014/9/16/6209759/apple-has-an-embarassing-bulge

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

infernal machines posted:

yea same.

it is loving hideous aesthetically and the fact that it even exists is proof positive that apple hosed up the design of the iphone 6/7 completely. it's a grotesque monument to their failure and represents the exact moment i knew timb didn't get it.

steven p. jobs would have decimated the entire hardware division rather than allow something like that to be made.

i’ve never had a 6 because i went from 5s to 6s plus, but from what i’ve heard the battery life on the 6 was terrible

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yes, it was, because they hosed up the design.

that's why the battery case was made, they needed a lovely first party accessory to make up for deficiencies in the design of the product.

then timb doubled down on that strategy for every subsequent phone

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I still hate my iphone xs. this thing is a piece of poo poo but its the least bad phone. phones are garbage now.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Kobayashi posted:

Jony has always been overrated, but there was a time when Schiller still felt shame at the schlock he had to peddle.

this also illustrates my point. they made the design worse in multiple ways and in doing so also compromised on battery capacity

every phone since has that lumpy-rear end camera tumor and there's no reason for it, except that it works better with a case, a high-margin accessory that they also happen to sell

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

nice way to self justify your obesity i guess

lol yes i am extremely fat you’ve nailed it exactly

skinny jeans do not include room for calf or thigh muscles, that is their definitional quality. they are made for people with twig legs who spend their entire day on tour buses or whatever. if you made them with stretch fabric then a healthy person could fit into them but they wouldn’t have the proper straight-up-and-down skinny look because they‘d form-fit around the calves

perhaps you are thinking about regular cut jeans and just calling them skinny

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

rjmccall posted:

that's what every other one of the gut busting chuds in this thread have been doing

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Kobayashi posted:

Hasn't every iphone since had a camera bulge? lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i see apple stock took a poo poo today

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i see apple stock took a poo poo today

between apple, amazon and facebook, they're all making GBS threads pretty hard right now. google's dipping now but not as bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Good Sphere posted:

between apple, amazon and facebook, they're all making GBS threads pretty hard right now. google's dipping now but not as bad

who could have guessed that enacting or threatening trade barriers between multiple major economies might have some negative effects?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bloomberg: continuing to raise prices apple's only hope for ongoing profitability

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

not going to click that nonsense, apple has huge margins and can absolutely afford to make stuff cheaper

would be bad for aapl, but that's a very different matter from the overall health of the company

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

who could have guessed that enacting or threatening trade barriers between multiple major economies might have some negative effects?

might be related, but the US is the birthplace of these major tech companies, and losing its foothold for being a superpower. on top of that, some governments have replaced these technologies with their own which they can dictate, which sadly will probably become more and more of a thing because it's the future, and a lot of the world is in the state of dystopia just like bladerunner but less cool

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

not going to click that nonsense, apple has huge margins and can absolutely afford to make stuff cheaper

would be bad for aapl, but that's a very different matter from the overall health of the company

well it's bloomberg, so you know what their focus is. the article posits that of several revenue growth strategies, the only one that isn't already a failure is raising iphone prices. and the entire company is built on iphone at this point

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just remembered Apple is supposed to release an amazing, new, "can't innovate my rear end" Mac Pro this year. Can't wait to see what dreadful gimmicks they attach to it in order to justify a $5k+ ASP and further demoralize employees.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

e: nm

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kobayashi posted:

I just remembered Apple is supposed to release an amazing, new, "can't innovate my rear end" Mac Pro this year. Can't wait to see what dreadful gimmicks they attach to it in order to justify a $5k+ ASP and further demoralize employees.

they already released the latest mac pro.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

they even showed off how modular and expandable the new mac pro is

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Imagine requiring multiple years to reinvent the desktop computer in a way no pro user wants.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i don't think we really need to imagine it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

remember when they built a 5k screen with a built-in hand dryer?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's weird because the mac pro unarguably peaked in 2012. like, we can shout back and forth about the correct size of a telephone, but don't nobody anywhere want the trashpro.

there's a very simple design that's 100% guaranteed to be the only thing anyone who needs a macpro wants, but somehow they're not looking to make it.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

rjmccall posted:

skinny jeans do not include room for calf or thigh muscles, that is their definitional quality. they are made for people with twig legs who spend their entire day on tour buses or whatever. if you made them with stretch fabric then a healthy person could fit into them but they wouldn’t have the proper straight-up-and-down skinny look because they‘d form-fit around the calves

quoting one of the aforementioned zubaz wearers

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

it's weird because the mac pro unarguably peaked in 2012. like, we can shout back and forth about the correct size of a telephone, but don't nobody anywhere want the trashpro.

there's a very simple design that's 100% guaranteed to be the only thing anyone who needs a macpro wants, but somehow they're not looking to make it.

current mac pro design (based on imac) is fine for anyone who wants a mac pro.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, but arguably because the people who used to want a mac pro stopped using a mac pro after 2015 or so. having a big ol box you can arbitrarily slap storage and pci-e add-in cards in is something people in audio and video production need, apple just hasn't made one in the better part of a decade.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rjmccall posted:

in the movie 21 jump street the dude that isn't the fat kid from superbad is trying to run down the road in skinny jeans and hes got deece muslces so...

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
as somebody with a huge penis all trousers are really tight around the crotch. i have special pants with extra support made by a materials engineer

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

steve jobs apple would've made a large iphone. i remember when he said nobody wanted ipods that played video, and then they released ipods that played video

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

lol please do this, i'm sure people will keep buying your phones at twice the price what with their wages being stagnant for decades and all

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
absolutely. they lied black and blue to justify certain things

there is a video fo them showing the 5 being the perfect size for (this one dudes white) hand

then they made it bigger

I'd bet they'd make the phones intrinsically homophobic and racist if they had to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

hmm our adoring fans will buy literally anything what if we release just the worst trash imaginable though?