Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Arzachel posted:

Update:
Finished lunch with my sister. We had a long discussion.
I told my sister her requests felt weird to me and I asked for more context.
She started off that she thinks the female designs, mannerisms and violence in my Tekken game are inappropriate towards women, and she doesn't want her husband taking part in that aspect of the game. She added that she is not asking that I not play Tekken with him, just that I refrain from picking Lili and other characters that are scantily clad in her eyes. There are some details she shared about her husband's past that I will not share, but know that she isn't jealous of the tekken ladies please.

I feel the Lili design is tame, and I told her that there are crazier designs by far in games, but still I get what she is saying overall. I used Lili's tekken 6 original white outfit with the short skirt for those that are wondering.

I asked her about my gifts and Bloodborne. She said I should know that she does not want things with "spirits," or dark ritual stuff in her household. She's decided to take a religious position and wants to set her home up as a "christian home." She added that she hopes I keep this in mind when I buy gifts for any future kids down the road.

ok many here are probably thinking this is nuts, but although I DISAGREE with her assessment of what is appropriate for her home - its her home. I did ask her what her husband thought of all this, bloodborne, etc, and she said she didn't know. She added if I were one of her husbands friends she would not intervene on her husband's behalf like this, but that I'm her brother so she felt more obliged in her view to come to me.

So yeah. I told her I have no intentions of "corrupting" her home, but that while I will respect her wishes I also want her to respect that I disagree with her stance on Bloodborne at least and asked her to keep an open mind.

Phew! What a day. She actually started tearing up a bit because she started realizing I was very conflicted, and she also doesn't want to harm our relationship as siblings over video games of all things. I told her if I give a gift in the future that bothers her, to know I'm not trying to meddle purposely and to sort it out between her and her husband.
My intention behind bloodborne and tekken after all was that I find them amazing and want to share them :-)

Hail satan and boners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Smoking Crow posted:

Thank you to reset era

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

(..) who is easily seduced by frilly skirts, stockings, and witchcraft.

Hell, same.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Spanish Manlove posted:

Hail satan and boners.

:emptyquote:

Arzachel posted:

Hell, same.

:emptyquote:

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
LILI MAKES ME PUKE!!!

yuck!!!!!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
reminds me of when markman was thirsting really hard to that bikini lili alt costume when she was like 16 in T6

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

mango sentinel posted:

The correct course of action is to raise your concerns but respect her wishes, which you seem to have mostly done. Condolences on your sex maddened brother in law who is easily seduced by frilly skirts, stockings, and witchcraft.

The correct course of action is relentlessly make fun of your crazy religious sister and hide harry potter books and satanic pentacles all around her house in hopes of triggering a heart attack

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Do the Jesus infinite in battle of gods

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The correct course of action is relentlessly make fun of your crazy religious sister and hide harry potter books and satanic pentacles all around her house in hopes of triggering a heart attack

also dungeon + dragons books

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arzachel posted:

I asked her about my gifts and Bloodborne. She said I should know that she does not want things with "spirits," or dark ritual stuff in her household. She's decided to take a religious position and wants to set her home up as a "christian home." She added that she hopes I keep this in mind when I buy gifts for any future kids down the road.
lmao those kids are gonna get psychologically tortured to poo poo

have fun if one of your nephews or nieces turns out to be gay buckaroo

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also dungeon + dragons books

don't forgot ultra satanic pokemon and yugioh cards

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

does someone make fake chick tracts

if not why

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

yo mamma a Horus posted:

LILI MAKES ME PUKE!!!

yuck!!!!!

Asuka account spotted.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Endorph posted:

lmao those kids are gonna get psychologically tortured to poo poo

have fun if one of your nephews or nieces turns out to be gay buckaroo

He needs to secretly have both kids play Bloodborne

And make sure they get the magic squid ending

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

that resetera poster needs to honor gamer bushido and FT10 his sister

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Arzachel posted:

She started off that she thinks the female designs, mannerisms and violence in my Tekken game are inappropriate towards women, and she doesn't want her husband taking part in that aspect of the game. She added that she is not asking that I not play Tekken with him, just that I refrain from picking Lili and other characters that are scantily clad in her eyes. There are some details she shared about her husband's past that I will not share, but know that she isn't jealous of the tekken ladies please.

I feel the Lili design is tame, and I told her that there are crazier designs by far in games, but still I get what she is saying overall. I used Lili's tekken 6 original white outfit with the short skirt for those that are wondering.

Now get him Soul Calibur 6 and then the newest Dead or Alive when it drops in Feb.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Respect her wishes not to see lady violence and pick up Devil Jin, he's fun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tell her you're going to pick Oscar Kazammer exclusively.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
lets own institutional religion with gameing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

god bless the ring

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Twist ending: The husband begged his wife to find some way to end the one-sided "friendship" between himself and his clingy stepbrother and this is the best solution they could come up with.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

somepartsareme posted:

lets own institutional religion with gameing

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Poniard posted:

Do the Jesus infinite in battle of gods

"Sis I love you but Jesus is broken as poo poo and banned by most tournaments. I'm a buddha main now"

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

buddha is way better than jesus in that game

buddha is busted

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Everyone in unist has really tiny feet no joke

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

drat... it’s true

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Claudio shoots magic but he’s an exorcist so is he blasphemous or righteous?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
The best fighting game ever is going to come out on PC apparently:

https://www.dualshockers.com/catherine-steam-pc-teaser/

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Big Scary Owl posted:

This isn't pokemon puzzle league

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Big Scary Owl posted:

Finally EHRGEIZ GOD BLESS THE oh wait nevermind.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Bushido Blade????

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
[insert obscure fighting game here]

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Finally EHRGEIZ GOD BLESS THE oh wait nevermind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TQl4sam2GY

I love Ehrgeiz, but curse that sound..

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

love it

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Arzachel posted:

Depending on what version of Christianity she's going with her attitude towards Bloodborne makes sense since it's like the single most Catholic video game ever made.

CharlestonJew posted:

Shadow: War of Succession

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
We've been through this, it's Ragnagard

EDIT: which just came out on Switch https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ZEjMwuDF_cI9wL9TZl8LsHtY1H97iMI9

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I got frustrated with SoulCalibur and played a bit of Tekken 7 after not having played since probably the first DLC.

I just want to share my bewilderment at the autocombos in multiplayer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When did they do that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Real hurthling! posted:

When did they do that?

It's had it since launch, assuming he means "jam on all 4 buttons and it will automatically select the correct next button for a combo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

When did they do that?

Eddie Gordo? So like, Tekken 3.