Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ok. It sucks and since it's the forums, it definitely should be fixed somehow.

E: I don't know anything about coding but couldn't the tweets be set to have priority in the load order when opening a thread or something so they load first then the rest of the page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Stare-Out posted:

Ok. It sucks and since it's the forums, it definitely should be fixed somehow.

E: I don't know anything about coding but couldn't the tweets be set to have priority in the load order when opening a thread or something so they load first then the rest of the page?

Radium. :v:

Seriously, you don't want to poke the code.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

shortspecialbus posted:

I tried pressing "o" on my MBP with Chrome/SALR and nothing happened.

No, sorry, it seems to be a Firefox setting.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

iospace posted:

Radium. :v:

Seriously, you don't want to poke the code.

Dang, I guess you're right. We're doomed to play latest post treasure hunt for all eternity. :(

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Just got this message when trying to post via SALR - since when has dear richard given a gently caress about the SALR extension enough to code a way to deny it?

quote:

The request you just submitted appears to have been forged in some way! A check to make sure your request was authentic failed. This could be because you clicked on a malicious link or visited some other website that tried to perform a malicious act on your behalf. In order to protect your account, your request will be ignored.

IMPORTANT!
Third-party methods of posting may not work. This includes browser extensions (ie. the quick-reply feature of the SA Last Read FireFox Extension) and off-site forms. If you are using either of these, this is why you are receiving this message.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE POSTING USING THE ACTUAL SA FORUMS POST/REPLY FORMS! We do not support anything else, so do not email us about it!

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

tithin posted:

Just got this message when trying to post via SALR - since when has dear richard given a gently caress about the SALR extension enough to code a way to deny it?
Generally, this just means the CSRF token (which SA calls "form cookie") you were using had expired, which I'd guess is just if you have the reply open for long enough it might expire. You may just need to refresh your browser and try again.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

tithin posted:

That message dates back to way back when I was still maintaining SALR. Lowtax hated SALR for a while because Radium hated SALR, probably because it made him look bad.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
That's a load bearing message, can't be changed or the index will stop working

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Like the link to Lotax's banned Twitter account any time the forums are down for maintenance?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Like the link to Lotax's banned Twitter account any time the forums are down for maintenance?

If we change that then search will break again.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
Quick reply and quote are still broken in YOSPOS. Everything below the text entry window disappears below the bottom of the Firefox window. I assume it's something to do with the special stylesheet, since it doesn't happen elsewhere.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

vortmax posted:

Quick reply and quote are still broken in YOSPOS. Everything below the text entry window disappears below the bottom of the Firefox window. I assume it's something to do with the special stylesheet, since it doesn't happen elsewhere.

Share a screenshot or more info? Maybe some SALR config option you have enabled/disabled is causing issues?

I tried both styles and it was 'fine':

e: Also worth checking if you are using any other third-party stylesheets or SA tweaks or whatever.

astral fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 4, 2019

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

vortmax posted:

[Comedy response that you should stop posting in YOSPOS]

So any progress on the whole "defaulting to the first window" thing when opening the forums from the menu?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I had a screenshot in my previous post about it, but it doesn't always happen. I'm not running anything else that changes the forums, and I have noscript and uBlock installed but set to allow the forums.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

vortmax posted:

I had a screenshot in my previous post about it, but it doesn't always happen. I'm not running anything else that changes the forums, and I have noscript and uBlock installed but set to allow the forums.

Yeah, I can't reproduce that. I have noticed some occasional, non-reproducible odd positioning issues in the past (not specific to yospos). If you resize your window, it should force it to recalculate the quick reply position at least.

Fuzz posted:

So any progress on the whole "defaulting to the first window" thing when opening the forums from the menu?

I'll try to look into it when I have time.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I am still having the issue where sometimes I have to refresh the page before clicking the reply button will bring up the Quick Reply window.

VV That may be what's causing it!

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 5, 2019

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

astral posted:

Yeah, I can't reproduce that. I have noticed some occasional, non-reproducible odd positioning issues in the past (not specific to yospos). If you resize your window, it should force it to recalculate the quick reply position at least.

I get the weird post/quote window behaviour if I use the browser back button to return to a previous page in a thread, and the browser pulls that page from cache. I then either can't quote, or the quote window will not appear correctly. If I refresh that page, everything works correctly.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

EoRaptor posted:

I get the weird post/quote window behaviour if I use the browser back button to return to a previous page in a thread, and the browser pulls that page from cache. I then either can't quote, or the quote window will not appear correctly. If I refresh that page, everything works correctly.

That is probably expected, though unfortunate, behavior.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I am still having the issue where sometimes I have to refresh the page before clicking the reply button will bring up the Quick Reply window.

Could it be the above?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think we saw their post at the same time. Lemme see if using the back button does anything.

E: Yep, that did it; backing out of a page and then returning to it borks the Quote/Edit/Reply buttons until you refresh the page.

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008
I only just switched from SALR because the buttons weren't working for me anymore. Apparently it's been dead for a while? What a shame, I liked the old quick relpy when it would open a little separate window.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

EoRaptor posted:

Okay I can reproduce it now too, but it also happens if I use the forums navigation buttons to go back and forward. Resizing the window and refreshing the page don't fix it, but if I close the tab and then reopen it everything works. Easy to fix, and now I know what's going on and why it only happens occasionally! (It still only happens in YOSPOS, but I don't go to any other subforums with special stylesheets.)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BiggestOrangeTree posted:

I only just switched from SALR because the buttons weren't working for me anymore. Apparently it's been dead for a while? What a shame, I liked the old quick relpy when it would open a little separate window.

Legacy SALR has been dead since Firefox 57 killed XUL/XPCOM addons. :smith:

vortmax posted:

Okay I can reproduce it now too, but it also happens if I use the forums navigation buttons to go back and forward. Resizing the window and refreshing the page don't fix it, but if I close the tab and then reopen it everything works. Easy to fix, and now I know what's going on and why it only happens occasionally! (It still only happens in YOSPOS, but I don't go to any other subforums with special stylesheets.)

Yeah, some weird caching seems to go on with back/forward navigation. On the SALR Redux side, I'll add it to the list of things to see if that's something we can fix or work around.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I have a weird issue on Firefox where if I have Firefox up on both screens, after I change forums a few times using the Forum Jump List on the left it will start changing the page on my Firefox window on my rightmost monitor. It is really weird.
I just starting using Firefox again today after several years so maybe this has always happened?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Similarly I just went from Chrome to Firefox and there's no link to open all unread threads in forum view despite the option being selected in SALR settings. It's in User CP though.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Peachfart posted:

I have a weird issue on Firefox where if I have Firefox up on both screens, after I change forums a few times using the Forum Jump List on the left it will start changing the page on my Firefox window on my rightmost monitor. It is really weird.
I just starting using Firefox again today after several years so maybe this has always happened?

Probably a known issue.

Stare-Out posted:

Similarly I just went from Chrome to Firefox and there's no link to open all unread threads in forum view despite the option being selected in SALR settings. It's in User CP though.

Weird. I'll check.
edit: Looks like something's stopping several forum view things from happening (maybe a layout change?). Will dig into it later.

astral fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 24, 2019

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
I accidentally unchecked the quick reply option and rechecking it didn't bring it back. Can I just reset this by deleting a file or about :config string?

edit: I tried holding down shift while clicking the reply button just to try something. This fixed it (I don't have to hold shift or do anything special to get a quick reply box)
As for why it fixed it... :2bong:

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 12, 2019

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Twice in the last week I've had the extension seemingly reset itself on my laptop. All settings end up back at default and I have to change them back to the way I like them. (Disabling quick reply and the SALR jump buttons).

Every other extension continues to operate as expected, it's just SALR Redux and only on my laptop. My desktop has all the same extensions (signed in to the same Google account with sync enabled) and the last time I had to touch the config was when I last did a fresh install of Windows. That's the only real difference between the systems, my desktop runs Windows 10 where the laptop runs Ubuntu.

Chrome 72.0.3626.109
SALR Redux 2.1.8.11
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver"

edit: Also the thread link in the settings points to the old archived thread.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 19, 2019

astral
Apr 26, 2004

wolrah posted:

Twice in the last week I've had the extension seemingly reset itself on my laptop. All settings end up back at default and I have to change them back to the way I like them. (Disabling quick reply and the SALR jump buttons).

Every other extension continues to operate as expected, it's just SALR Redux and only on my laptop. My desktop has all the same extensions (signed in to the same Google account with sync enabled) and the last time I had to touch the config was when I last did a fresh install of Windows. That's the only real difference between the systems, my desktop runs Windows 10 where the laptop runs Ubuntu.

Chrome 72.0.3626.109
SALR Redux 2.1.8.11
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver"

edit: Also the thread link in the settings points to the old archived thread.

Are you doing anything to clear browsing data on the laptop? I can't speak for Chrome, but on Firefox if you clear your browsing data you'll lose your SALR settings since it uses localStorage (will eventually migrate to storage.local).

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Stare-Out posted:

Add another one to having this problem.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

jobson groeth posted:

Add another one to having this problem.

Known issue at the moment. I'll try to make some time to go bug squashing this weekend!

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

astral posted:

Known issue at the moment. I'll try to make some time to go bug squashing this weekend!

All good, love the product and it's a minor annoyance at most. Was just chiming in to say it's not just the op having the issue.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I just use Snap Link Plus to select a dozen threads at a time.

Right click and drag to select just feels right.

If I try to open all unread threads at the same time Firefox shits itself, so it works out well for me in that respect. Also, Snap Links is so goddamn handy it should be built in to Firefox as standard.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
That's really cool, thanks for sharing.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

SALR forums view broken on Firefox dudes: I've isolated the cause and, as a temporary workaround, you can disable the "Highlight thread counts in yellow if you've posted there before" setting under "Thread Options".

edit: It turns out SALR Chrome used WebSQL for its "I posted in this thread" database, which isn't supported on Firefox. Naturally, when the extension attempts to use it, things break. Will have to migrate that to something else too.

astral fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 2, 2019

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

astral posted:

forums view broken dudes: I've isolated the cause and, as a temporary workaround, you can disable the "Highlight thread counts in yellow if you've posted there before" setting.

That did it, thanks

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Cool, thanks for finding out the cause.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Stare-Out posted:

Cool, thanks for finding out the cause.

Of course, and I got most of the work done tonight to fix it so that Chrome users who have built up a database of threads they posted in will retain their thread-posted-in info when they eventually get the updated version.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Does anyone have the default thread highlight colors for Chrome's version of SALR? I switched to Firefox and they're very muted, I preferred Chrome's

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Does anyone have the default thread highlight colors for Chrome's version of SALR? I switched to Firefox and they're very muted, I preferred Chrome's

Feel free to extract them from the Chrome version's config strings, provided below:

code:
    defaultSettings['darkRead']                     = '#6699cc';
    defaultSettings['lightRead']                    = '#99ccff';
    defaultSettings['darkNewReplies']               = '#99cc99';
    defaultSettings['lightNewReplies']              = '#ccffcc';

defaultSettings['youtubeHighlight']             = '#ff00ff';

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

astral posted:

Feel free to extract them from the Chrome version's config strings, provided below:

code:
    defaultSettings['darkRead']                     = '#6699cc';
    defaultSettings['lightRead']                    = '#99ccff';
    defaultSettings['darkNewReplies']               = '#99cc99';
    defaultSettings['lightNewReplies']              = '#ccffcc';

defaultSettings['youtubeHighlight']             = '#ff00ff';

Perfect, thank you! Question though, why the different settings?