Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Avalerion posted:

I signed up and everything & entered my payment details, though it says I won't be charged until the next month, do I need to validate it or just wait out the month?

Alternatively could it be a regional thing even though it's their own content?

Netflix’s original content is available worldwide and not subject to the licensing bullshit that leads to stuff like US Netflix and Canadian Netflix essentially being two different services.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Well I asked their support:
"I see, the title Votron was premiered last June 15,2018 in netflix but it is no longer available because our license to release it has been expired already".

Whatever that means but w/e, guess I'll watch it elsewhere.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Their license to show their own show is expired?

:what:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Their license to show their own show is expired?

:what:

Yeeeah... Are you sure you’re actually using Netflix? Like the real Netflix? Not Nutflex or Notflix?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea sounds dumb, didn't want to be a pain towards some random support drone though so just left it at that and cancelled the sub. :shrug:

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

Huh, interesting. I had always thought this project was dead in the water. That sounds promising. Originally, I had read (somewhere, I can't remember the source), that the movie that was kicking around got scrapped and that's how the cartoon was born. Many of the movie's plot elements were adapted for the season 1 storyline. Guess we'll see if we hear of anything this year regarding the movie.

Echoing a few others here, I would love to see their take on Vehicle Voltron.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Avalerion posted:

Well I asked their support:
"I see, the title Votron was premiered last June 15,2018 in netflix but it is no longer available because our license to release it has been expired already".

Whatever that means but w/e, guess I'll watch it elsewhere.

They had the original Voltron for a while, maybe they got that confused?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I just finished up the 4th season; which writer/animator got to insert their fursona into the show? Cause there's a dog furry that turned up out of nowhere and lead the rebel attack and it's offputting to me because basically no other aliens look like anthropomorphic versions of earth animals and it basically came out of nowhere.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Riatsala posted:

I just finished up the 4th season; which writer/animator got to insert their fursona into the show? Cause there's a dog furry that turned up out of nowhere and lead the rebel attack and it's offputting to me because basically no other aliens look like anthropomorphic versions of earth animals and it basically came out of nowhere.

I think it was Lauren Montgomery herself :v:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Pyrotoad posted:

I think it was Lauren Montgomery herself :v:

Yeah, IIRC she said the character is a Sherlock Hound reference.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, I finally found a decent video critiquing the later seasons that doesn't boil down into "MY SHIPS DIDN'T COME TRUE" or "IT'S RACIST FOR SOME REASON". I didn't agree with all his points, but the fact that he's not a screaming man-baby at least allowed me to respect them.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
This video might take me some time to watch. Don't like this guys style.

Seven minutes in. I can identify some of the problems he's bringing up but they aren't the huge series-ruining things he says they are while completely ignoring things I liked.

Bringing up the arc where they go back to Earth as boring is just... no. That was the highlight of the series for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiFiVFxR_Q8

I found this one, done by a fan.. it seems like an interesting break down, but there's a lot of conjecture. I'm not sure how much is accurate, but it seems like a good breakdown from a passionate person.