Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Reminds me of the video showing how much of a head start you could give a human sprinter in a 100m dash before a cheetah would catch up. For a guy who's been playing 4d chess this whole time Zeke sure does make a lot of "miscalculations"

I really do feel though like Isayama is setting it up so that Eren and Zeke are trying to follow the correct course of action in terms of saving Paradis, otherwise so much of the tension being created is meaningless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I loved seeing Zeke absolutely lose his poo poo the moment he realized Levi wasn't dead

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Floch continues to be the best character.

Eat poo poo, Shadis. Same for Hange, they're both useless now in this brave new world. drat, that was cathartic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Real cultural revolution hours out here

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I have to confess, this moment:

reminded me of this meme:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
That loving owned. Really wanna know what's going on here but I'm loving the ride.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Never bet against Levi.

This.

e: and this (gently caress you Zeke)

U-DO Burger posted:

I loved seeing Zeke absolutely lose his poo poo the moment he realized Levi wasn't dead

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I fuckin' love Levi. Get hosed Zeke.

Please no more flashbacks.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Levi owns.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
So
Is Zeke just trying to force Paradis hand into activating the Founding Titan and destroying the rest of the world, or is he intentionally trying to make them seem like as much of a threat as possible so that everyone else joins forces to take them out, with Marley emerging dominant? It's probably the former, since even though he's a total bastard, Zeke has plenty of reasons to hate Marley. But you never know with him.'

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
I think that exactly what Zeke wants is probably neither of those, though I'd lean towards the former rather than the latter. Marley seemed completely in the dark as to his betrayal given the candid nature of the discussion between Magath and Pieck so if it's a plan to make Marley dominant then Zeke is flying solo for some reason (I guess he could be paranoid about being double crossed by spies?). I'm glad that Levi survived but all the Paradis higher ups deserve what is happening seeing as they KNOW the ENTIRE world declared war against them and they have done literally nothing for 6 months.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Maybe this is just rampant speculation but, we're seeing "paths" in action again, right? Not just Levi's crew getting turned, but the other people who've drunk the wine felt that moment too when Zeke screamed. Which looks to include Pixis, the Garrison, MPs, but not Hanji or Mikasa/Armin/etc.

But also it seemed like, right before Levi came to kick rear end his, that Zeke was talking to Eren? Or at him, if we're going the "Eren's being controlled" route, which... I could see, since this seems like a jump up in anyone's demonstrated ability to use the paths so far.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

morcant posted:

Maybe this is just rampant speculation but, we're seeing "paths" in action again, right? Not just Levi's crew getting turned, but the other people who've drunk the wine felt that moment too when Zeke screamed. Which looks to include Pixis, the Garrison, MPs, but not Hanji or Mikasa/Armin/etc.

But also it seemed like, right before Levi came to kick rear end his, that Zeke was talking to Eren? Or at him, if we're going the "Eren's being controlled" route, which... I could see, since this seems like a jump up in anyone's demonstrated ability to use the paths so far.

Zeke's scream could have turned them into titans. They were probably feeling the effects, but because they were out of range they were not turned.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Zeke's scream could have turned them into titans. They were probably feeling the effects, but because they were out of range they were not turned.

True, but how far away are they all from him? I thought he was being kept well away from ... is Pixis in the capital? Either way, it seemed a really long distance, but I also admit to having no sense of distance or scale

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
He transformed all the ones close to him (which are the ones he needed) but everyone that's been marked also felt it. Seems pretty simple to grasp.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

And we saw something similar when Eren activated the coordinate by punching the smiling titan, and Reiner, Bert and Ymir all felt it.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

morcant posted:

I don't think he was talking to/at Eren at all, I think that panel was just for dramatic effect to highlight how Levi 'doesn't get it' but his bro Eren does.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Coughing Hobo posted:

The most terrifying thing in this entire manga is a Levi scorned

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Hmm, fair enough. Either way, in going back through it again, I noticed at the end it says the next chapter will be in the March issue. :(

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I think I remember reading somewhere that monthly comics are labeled as the next month for some reason. So what we just read was the "February" release and the "March" release will be next month.

Also I was really hoping that Levi would just kill him and royally gently caress up the plan. If Eren comes strolling along and says "I stopped you from killing him because you're my mind slave" and it's not refuted I'm gonna lose it. I already don't like this "just put some Zeke blood in some wine and everyone's mind controlled" plot that's happening.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Captain Cappy posted:

I think I remember reading somewhere that monthly comics are labeled as the next month for some reason. So what we just read was the "February" release and the "March" release will be next month.

Also I was really hoping that Levi would just kill him and royally gently caress up the plan. If Eren comes strolling along and says "I stopped you from killing him because you're my mind slave" and it's not refuted I'm gonna lose it. I already don't like this "just put some Zeke blood in some wine and everyone's mind controlled" plot that's happening.

No one is mind controlled. It's just that Zeke can turn them into Titans.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

No one is mind controlled. It's just that Zeke can turn them into Titans.

My bad. It does seem like people are under some kind of influence to follow Eren/Zeke's orders, but the spinal fluid wine only makes them titanizable. It just feels like it can too easily be abused at this point to flip a situation on its head in a way that feels unearned. Isayama at least established that certain people haven't drunk it yet.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

U-DO Burger posted:

To quote a famous poet, "It was at that moment that Zeke realized....he hosed up." This chapter goes to show that just because you can play 8th dimensional hyper chess against your opponent, it doesn't always mean you should.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

AradoBalanga posted:

To quote a famous poet, "It was at that moment that Zeke realized....he hosed up." This chapter goes to show that just because you can play 8th dimensional hyper chess against your opponent, it doesn't always mean you should.

It's more that while Zeke is playing 8th dimensional hyperchess, his opponent just stabbed a sword through the gameboard

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I think the situation Zeke is running into is a bit of a micro version of the problem Marley is facing in the world at large, in that people are figuring out how to fight Titans and developing the techniques and technology to do it. It's also a difference of overall attitude. Zeke and his friends have spent years killing their enemies, while the Survey Corps folks have spent years sacrificing their comrades. Reiner may not have underestimated Levi the way Zeke did.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Coughing Hobo posted:

It's more that while Zeke is playing 8th dimensional hyperchess, his opponent just stabbed a sword explosive stake through the gameboard his guts

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Zeke seems to be pretty good at predicting what people in general will do (see his little soliloquies at the Battle of Shinigasha and this chapter about how the people of Paradise would turn to ethnic supremacy populism and how the world's governments will react militarily to the Liberio assault), but his ability to read specific people is rather hit or miss. He can play Eren and Yelena like a fiddle, but this is twice now he has profoundly misread Levi's character and paid a dire price for it. And his thinking of Gabi and Falco as being beneath consideration is probably going to bite him in the rear end too. Which is perfectly in keeping with his "ideas first, people distant second" mindset.

Kinda reminds me of Mr. House in Fallout: New Vegas: he's good at predicting most of what will happen on a global level, but the tiny details he screws up on can cost him big time.

One thing's for sure as of this chapter now, though: the possibility that this war ends in peace for both sides is now impossible. Either Paradise unleashes the Rumbling and exterminates the world, or they get delayed long enough for the world's invasion fleet to bombard Paradise into rubble. Either way, the Eldian/non-Eldian blood feud is going to end very conclusively, and I can't wait for the second and final battle of World War Titan.

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 5, 2019

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
He didn't misread Levi; he expected Levi would hesitate in killing his own subordinates, which would give the plan an extra edge. Zeke knew not to underestimate what Levi was capable of after the battle at Shiganshina, hence that and the over two dozen fast-type abnormals ordered to zero in on him before he was even past the shock of the sudden transformations. He was aiming for every little advantage he could get.

And it was a good plan. He totally had him, just as he wanted, and Levi did hesitate.

But it wasn't enough.

Trying to taunt Levi at the end was sheer panic and desperation.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kerning Chameleon posted:

One thing's for sure as of this chapter now, though: the possibility that this war ends in peace for both sides is now impossible. Either Paradise unleashes the Rumbling and exterminates the world, or they get delayed long enough for the world's invasion fleet to bombard Paradise into rubble. Either way, the Eldian/non-Eldian blood feud is going to end very conclusively, and I can't wait for the second and final battle of World War Titan.

I am tried of this poo poo and I am hoping this nips it for good. We have confirmation from the author that the ending is not going to be bleak.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Two supports is awesome dude this LP is great Tiny Tina into the lander first

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Sjs00 posted:

:hmmyes:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sjs00 posted:

This is not the advance wars thread.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Eren uses Rumble. It's super effective!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Well I certainly didn’t expect to see the mc grow into a fascist leader at the start of this series. What a ride catching up

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Nina posted:

Well I certainly didn’t expect to see the mc grow into a fascist leader at the start of this series. What a ride catching up

the writing in this series is so far above your typical manga it makes my head spin.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Trailer for Season 3 Part 2 is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUWIb1I-K8o

iamanLLC
May 25, 2007

We're all dead and this is hell...
Here's the most recent chapter:

https://ww5.readsnk.com/chapter/shingeki-no-kyojin-chapter-114/

Within which a man explodes

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.
Guys, I think Grisha might've been a bad parent.

I don't think neither Zeke or Levi are dead. Looks like Levi's arm might've been blown up and he is gonna land in to river, and Zeke still has his upper body intact.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, is the Tragedy of Lago what's in this ending for the anime? I guess Isayama must've told the anime guys some future stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbfHY8mkhT8

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This chapter

eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kerning Chameleon posted: